You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 21, 2020, 05:23:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dealing with Depression ~ A Personal Point of View  (Read 212948 times)

Offline Oreo

Re: Dealing with Depression ~ A Personal Point of View
« Reply #1700 on: December 23, 2019, 12:36:27 AM »
I hope things get better CS. *hugs*

Online AcademicCuriosity9110

« Reply #1701 on: January 04, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »
Today has not been a good day. I had a particularly sobering conversation with my sister, who lost her fiance back in early October, in which, hearing her talk about getting treatment for suicidal depression & grief counseling, I realized, including myself, that's three siblings at risk of suicide and if one of us chose that option it might lead to a cascade effect where the other two followed not long after, which would utterly devastate my family. I just felt, if she did take that route, my only chance would be immediate hospitalization & counseling because I don't think I could handle losing her. Out of the five miracle children that are me and my siblings, she's the biggest. Born with bacterial meningitis, pneumonia, & strep throat, she was given five days to live by the doctor, complete with a timeline of her progression. She beat those odds, was released, perfectly healthy, a week later. She turned 25 in November.

On top of that ... I reached out to my father today. I won't go into details here, but suffice it to say there is a lot of shit and a lot of hurt between us. He couldn't talk for long, and is supposed to call me back and I have no idea what I'm going to say or how I'm going to feel or how it's going to go.

Offline Giulianna

« Reply #1702 on: January 05, 2020, 03:25:34 AM »
Not much to add, just wanted to send a hug. I suppose basically everyone in this thread know those feelings so, you are really not alone. *hugs*

Offline Remiel

« Reply #1703 on: January 05, 2020, 11:04:17 AM »
Agreed.  Please let us know how it goes with your father.

Offline Bruja

« Reply #1704 on: January 06, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »
*Leaves hugs and love for those that need it*

I wish I could say everything I want to say....It's battle..an everyday battle. You are not alone...we are not alone *hugs*