You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:22:07 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Bug - Search Function?  (Read 527 times)

Offline AmberTopic starter

Bug - Search Function?
« on: June 25, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but when I try to use the search function for the IM Roleplay Requests forum it tells me "No valid boards were selected!"

The search works fine on every other page I've tried, except for that one :\ I'm not sure if we're not MEANT to be able to search that forum but I thought I'd mention it anyways ;D

Offline Vekseid

Re: Bug - Search Function?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 11:13:53 PM »
When you search within a board or thread it automatically restricts the search to that board or thread.

That said, it works fine for me there? What were you searching for?

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »
Anything - this isn't the first time it's happened to me. I just tried searching randomly for "Hey!" and it told me the same message.

I use the search function all the time to pin-point threads that will relate to me but every time I use it in that particular forum it says I haven't selected one >.<

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:43 PM »
The only thing I can think of would be is if you logged out in the interim? What browser are you using. I can search for "Hey!" just fine : /

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »
I'm using Firefox v.3.6.4, and as far as I know it's not logging me out unless it magically logs me back in whenever I click another page... I keep going back and forth between that forum and other forums, testing the search function in all of them and it works fine in all the others.

EDIT::: WAIT >_> I just figured it out... For boards that you are ignoring updates to, it won't let you use the search feature apparently. I did not know this ;3 Tested it and it works now...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:34:20 PM by Amber Riddler »

Offline Haibane

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »
Which begs the question, how do you ignore updates to a board?

Offline Caeli

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 10:15:10 AM »
Should be in your profile settings:

This page lets you ignore particular boards. When a board is ignored, the new post indicator will not show up on the board index. New posts will not show up using the "unread post" search link (when searching it will not look in those boards) however, ignored boards will still appear on the board index and upon entering will show which topics have new posts. When using the "unread replies" link, new posts in an ignored board will still be shown.

Offline Haibane

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
Ah. Thanks.

[/hijack]