You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:01:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Lil Changes on E? [css fixed - related]  (Read 1047 times)

Offline IzuTopic starter

Lil Changes on E? [css fixed - related]
« on: April 29, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »
I'm posting this because of Veks's post about the CSS being fixed, I'd post there, but the commoners can't post in the forum. So~ This thread is for anyone who noticed things that weren't fixed. :]
[sorry if you've already noticed those things, Veks, and you are working on them, don't wanna bug you]

I noticed two things:
1. The posting box is in the middle and is less wide than before. I personally thought that the wide posting box was quite good because it was with the width of the posts beneath it, so one could make sure that they are replying with an equal length.
2. The News box is... I dunno... standing out in an ugly rectangular? Not sure if this was meant to be so or it's still 'in the fixing'...

^^;

Offline Chevalier des Poissons

Re: Lil Changes on E? [css fixed - related]
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »
I liked all the changes, although my eyes aren't used to the different post box yet. However, I'd like to point that the new layout for the bars "Show new posts" and "show unread replies" is weird. It is perfect to avoid misclicking, but still, I don't know.

I don't mean to be cranky of course but....Hey you!! Get out of my lawn!!

Offline Caeli

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »
I liked all the changes, although my eyes aren't used to the different post box yet. However, I'd like to point that the new layout for the bars "Show new posts" and "show unread replies" is weird. It is perfect to avoid misclicking, but still, I don't know.

I would like if they were closer together. On the same side of the page, perhaps?

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »
I would like if they were closer together. On the same side of the page, perhaps?

Indeed. Maybe both on the left side, with the new replies option being below the unread one, or both on the right side. However, being on the left would be better to arrange the options we have between the SB and the forums menu (Home, help, search, etecetera)

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »

That's how it originally was and I got whined at :-p

Offline Caeli

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »
Okay. I think the current setup is ugly, mostly because they're not on the same horizontal line. :P One of them is lower than the other, thanks to the search bar.

But it's not that big of a deal; I don't use either link. I just don't think it looks as nice/even as if they were together, to balance out the search bar / news heading on the right side.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:31 AM »
Just my two cents. I think it would look better balanced thus:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:53:12 AM by Oreo »

Offline MagicalPen

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »
I've just noticed the new location of the 'Show new Replies to your Posts' link, and quite dislike it. It just seems to be...floating out there in the middle. I quite like Oreos above-posted idea (you could probably even create 2 lines of news) or suggest that the line be moved under the the 'Show unread posts since last visit'.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »
Just my two cents. I think it would look better balanced thus:

The only reason I don't like this setup is that aesthetically, it makes the page look lopsided by putting more "stuff" on the right side. I agree that the search links should be grouped together to balance out the search bar, but I wish there was a better spot to put the news items.

Offline IzuTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
I've just noticed the new location of the 'Show new Replies to your Posts' link, and quite dislike it. It just seems to be...floating out there in the middle. I quite like Oreos above-posted idea (you could probably even create 2 lines of news) or suggest that the line be moved under the the 'Show unread posts since last visit'.

x2

I think that where those links are currently would be more suitable for the News feed, and where the news are situated right now should be those two links one under the other... At least I think so.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 11:19:58 AM »
I wonder if anyone is ever going to take me up on this topic >_>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:22:52 PM by Mithlomwen »

Offline IzuTopic starter

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »
>w<  I will in the summer... but my summer break starts in July... :x

Offline Caeli

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »

When I find a job, I'll let you know. >_>

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 09:27:20 PM »

I am already on it. As soon as I finish what I am currently working on I will go pro and call some friends from the marketing.

E will have a logo made by one of the best brazilian marketeers.

Offline Oreo

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 04:47:53 AM »
Another possibility is to add them as links next to the bookmarks, etc.  Perhaps moving the Logout under the search bar? :P I'm not clever enough to change the font to make it look pretty in the picture.