You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:17:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Breakdown on the Ons-Offs System  (Read 5466 times)

Offline JagerinTopic starter

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
Breakdown on the Ons-Offs System
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
I know we already have some sources of assistance for the Ons-Offs System:

Ons and Offs System, Version 2.
Kip's Primer.

But I still get quite a number of questions from members on how to make/use the Ons-Offs System. During the past month I've assisted two members in this and with Lord Drake's assistance I put this together.

Welcome to Elliquiy’s Ons-Offs System!

At first I know the whole thing can look intimidating. It looks like a bunch of boxes and some people don’t know what half the things on it mean. It can be very confusing for someone that has never dealt with a system like it before.

Now, your first question might be, “Where is this Ons-Offs thing at?!”

Simple:

Simply click that and you’ll be faced with the ever so intimidating Ons-Offs screen. Fear not, I’m here to help you. I’ll break it down into sections and explain each one.

First off is the Information Section:

Red Box:
Get Help Topic: This will take you to a thread specifically designed for helping you out. Much of the information I’ll be providing you with will be coming from there.

View Your Profile: This is just what it sounds like. Click it and you will be taken to your Ons-Offs Profile.

Blue Box:
Play By Email: Check this box if you do roleplaying over Email.
Play By Chat: Check this box if you do roleplaying over IRC.
Play By Post: Check this box if you do roleplaying through threads/boards.
Play By IMs: Check this box if you do roleplaying over Instant Messengers.

You may click as many of these as you want. How you play is up to you after all. These will allow potential partners know if you play through their mode and save time in the long run of plotting out a story only to find out that you and a potential partner don't play through the same mode of gaming.

Green Box:
Looking: People actively looking for games will be prioritized in searches.
Available: People who are 'just' available will show up in searches, but will not be prioritized.
Not Available: These people will not show up in searches. It basically means you are not actively searching for games.

Pink Box:
Private: If this box is checked, your profile will not be visible to unapproved members or guests. Nor will you show up in searches by unapproved members or guests. This is now checked by default, if you want your profile public, you will need to uncheck it. That means that if you uncheck this, unapproved members CAN see your Ons-Offs Profile.

Buddies Only: If you want the contact details entered in this system to be available to any approved member, not just people you have added to your buddy list, uncheck this item.

Yellow Box:
Functions like a standard post - a limit of 65,535 characters, uses bbcode, and so on. Please do not place any sort of contact information or external links here. Use it to expand on or Ons and Offs, on yourself as a roleplayer, place a list of current games, a list of current cravings, characters, basically anything you want that you feel will assist in you finding a partner.

Purple Box:
Profile Blurb: A short bit of text that shows up when you are listed on the Active Roleplayers pagem, a sortof stopgap to help players who are looking find each other faster. You can enter anything you like in here within the bounds of the rules.

Profile Image Link: A 480 wide by 720 tall picture. You need to upload it to elluiki and link it from there for it to show up.

Contact Details: If 'buddies only' is checked, someone needs to be on your buddy list in order to see these. Otherwise, they will be displayed to any approved member who clicks on the new box in your profile. Veks logs these requests - people who troll for contact information here will eventually be noted.

That wraps up the Information Section of the Ons-Offs System. Lets work our way onto section two: Sexual Nature and Characters.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:12:10 PM by Dim Hon »

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Section Two
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
This second section of the Ons-Offs System is probably the most confusing to people. In truth, it's rather simple.

I'll break it into two parts for us.

Sexual Nature:

Definitions:

Male: A person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man.

Female: A person bearing two X chromosomes in the cell nuclei and normally having a vagina, a uterus and ovaries, and developing at puberty a relatively rounded body and enlarged breasts, and retaining a beardless face; a girl or woman.

Neuter: Having imperfectly developed sexual organs, having no organs of reproduction, an animal made sterile by castration or spaying.

Intersex: An individual displaying sexual characteristics of both male and female.

Trans: A person who has undergone a sex change operation, a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex.

Other: Anything not classified as Fe/Male, Neuter, Inter, or Trans.

Dominant: Top, Pitcher, Seme, Leader...sexually the one that is usually in 'charge'.

Switch: Someone whom is comfortable being both dominant and submissive. (Seke)

Submissive: Bottom, Catcher, Uke...sexually the one that is 'lead'.

Non- D/S: Someone that generally does not play into the Dominant/Submissive natures.

You are not clicking what you're personal (offline) sexual nature or gender is. You're clicking what type of characters you play. For example, I am (offline) a Bisexual Female, but in roleplays I play Homosexual Males and Dominant Transexuals (among other things). So you're not checking what you are personally, but instead what characters you play.

Example:

This says that this person plays Dominant Males, Submissive Females, Non- D/S Females, Non- D/S Intersex, and Switch Trans.

Example 2:

This says that this person plays Dominate Males, Switch Males, Submissive Males, Non- D/S Males, Submissive Females, Non- D/S Intersex, Switch Other, and Non- D/S Other.

Just because you say you play a Dominant Male doesn't mean you can't be a Submissive Male too. And just because your tag says Lord doesn't mean you can't play a female.

Now, onto the second chart.

Attraction Chart:

Definitions:

Male: A person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man.

Female: A person bearing two X chromosomes in the cell nuclei and normally having a vagina, a uterus and ovaries, and developing at puberty a relatively rounded body and enlarged breasts, and retaining a beardless face; a girl or woman.

Neuter: Having imperfectly developed sexual organs, having no organs of reproduction, an animal made sterile by castration or spaying.

Intersex: An individual displaying sexual characteristics of both male and female.

Trans: A person who has undergone a sex change operation, a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex.

Other: Anything not classified as Fe/Male, Neuter, Inter, or Trans.

Asexual: Independent of sexual processes, esp. not involving the union of male and female germ cells, having no sex or sexual organs, free from or unaffected by sexuality.

Again, you are not clicking what you are offline or in Real Life, but instead what your characters are.

Example:

This says that this person plays Males who are attracted to both other Males and Females, as well as Females that are attracted to both Males and other Females. This is a common set up for most users.

Example 2:

This says that this person plays Males who are attracted to Trans, Females who are attracted to both Males and other Females and Others, and Neuters who are attracted to Females and Trans.

It's quite simple. If you only play Homosexual Males, then you're going to put a dot in the upper, left-hand box and none others. If you play only Straight Males, then you're going to put a dot in the second box under Male.

If you're still having difficulties, then feel free to take a look at Kip's Primer or PM one of your Mentors.

Next up is the biggest section of the Ons-Offs System. Roleplay Genres, sexual fetishes, character traits, and so much more.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:42:11 PM by Nicholas »

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Section Three
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
This last section of the Ons-Offs System doesn't really have a name (though technically the others don't either). It's a massive amount of check boxes of which we will go through.

Character Traits:

Now, that doesn't look that bad, but if you expand it all the way, you will find yourself faced with 85-90 options to click through.

Mental Characteristics: This section will allow you to voice what mental status you prefer your characters and your partners character to be. Such as Dim, Intelligent, Naive, Dominant, Submissive, etc...

Physical Characteristics: This section will allow you to voice what physical form you prefer your characters and your partners character to be. Such as Fit, Muscular, Overweight, Underweight, etc...

Races and Species: This section will allow you to voice what race/species you prefer your characters and your partners character to be. When opened, it opens more subform options such as Animal People, Shapeshifters, Fae, Undead, etc...

Sex and Gender: This section will allow you to voice what gender/sex you prefer your characters and your partners character to be. Such as Male, Female, Trans, Herm, etc...

Sexual Characteristics: This section will allow you to voice what physical characteristics your characters and your partners character may have. Such as Barbed Cocks, Large Breasts, Tentacles, etc...

Status Characteristics: This section will allow you to voice what social status your characters and your partners character may be. Such as poor, popular, wealthy, etc...

Genres:

When expanded you'll be faced with 20-25 Writing Genres to pick from.

Action: This section is generally built around things like Martial Arts, Westerns, and Superhero games.

Adventure: This section is built around the idea of exploring epic worlds and epic journeys.

Comedy: This section is built around the idea of laughter and even some slapstick.

Fantasy: This section is built around things like fireballs, dragons, witches, low/high fantasy, and over the top kung-fu.

Horror: This section is built for Gothic settings, vampires, monsters galore.

Mystery: This section is built around the idea of Detectives and Clue-like games.

Romance: This section is built around mushy love, flowers, and Romeo/Juliet type settings.

Science Fiction: This section is built for Cyberpunks, Steampunks, and breaking the laws of physics.

Tragedy: This section is built around the idea of saddness, heartbreak, and sad endings.

Settings:

Expanded this section yields 35-40 setting options for you to choose from.

DnD Worlds: Any world created in the Dungeons and Dragons systems. Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Mystara, etc...

Earth: Any setting created from Earth. Historic, Fantasy, Futuristic, Hidden World, Buffy, Harry Potter, etc...Contains 4 Subforms for Earth when opened.

Original Settings: Non-Earth and non-preexisting world.

Other Settings: Anything not on the list.

Other Worlds: Non-Earth and Non-DnD worlds. Blue Rose, Exalted,  Rokugan, etc...

Outer Space: Set in our universe, but not on Earth. Star Wars, Star Trek, Warhammer, etc...

Time Travel: Settings taking place from one time to another. Doctor Who, etc...

Sexual Elements and Systems:

The last two sections of the Ons-Offs System are our Sexual Elements table and our Systems Table. The Sexual Elements table is fairly simple and very personal. I won't go into details, but if you have a fetish for it (and it goes along with site rules), chances are that it's in there and you can click that you like it or dislike it.

Feel free to look through our System Game options. There is much too much detail in those and the Sexual Elements to go through here.

The last thing to really go over about the Ons-Offs System is the Blue Colored boxes.

Light Blue: Like: Your general ons, likes, or wants.
Blue: Want to Try: If you are uncertain about something but have an interest in exploring it, it goes here.
Navy Blue: No Opinion: This removes the selection from your list. Ideally, during searches, sub items with 'no opinion' selected will use the parent value instead.
Dark Blue: Dislike: If you don't like an element but can be convinced, it goes here.
Black: Never: Self explanatory - if you will never do something.

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Players
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
Available Players

Clicking on that Players button will bring to a page that has different people on it each time, but one part is always the same:

While for most that box isn't all that confusing, but for some it might be.

It is a simple search that scans all the available Ons-Offs profiles. For it to work, people need to fill out their profiles and have them set to 'Available' or 'Looking'.

Simply click the down arrow of the boxes and select what characteristic/setting/genre you want to play. Click the down arrow of the box right next to it and select what value you want your partner to have it in (Likes, Try, Maybe, Dislikes) and click 'Search Profiles'. It will bring up a list of profiles that have that setting.

There is not much more to it than that. Using this system will save you the time of going through hundreds of hundreds of profiles just to find a partner that plays Angelic Characters or something that enjoys tentacles. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:15:47 PM by Dim Hon »