High fantasy/Dante's Inferno cross, Female/s Needed

Started by Oreo, January 16, 2010, 07:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I have a group RP that has started off stellar. We have barely gotten through the initial meeting of our characters and an opening battle. One of the players has dropped out and the remainder of us are very keen on continuing the RP.

The crux? We need an exceptional player for the part/s. Most of us have several main characters of various genders. The fantasy world is multi-layered including an array of unique and generic races, from Gods, to minions. The story is centered on a High Fantasy war against the dominions of Dante's Hell (but twisted into a fantasy realm, with gargoyles, Legnas (the opposite of angels), Elden Raves (the deliverers of new souls) and even a shadow sprite from an alternate reality, not to mention, elves, angels, necromancers, dragons and all manner of Fae creatures.

The main thread, 'Inferno',  is Here, and the OOC Here.  The characters that dropped out are: Adsi(M) and  Jynocae(F). If you are interested in the RP, I would be open to either completely new characters or character tweaks/changes to suit your style or desires so long as the basic plot is unaltered. On the whole the story has proved quite the challenge for all of us with the interweaving of multiple main characters.

The Main Plot

The main plot is simplistic. There is a plague affecting the land and our band of travelers is setting out to find the source. They feel it is not natural. On a deeper level, there are different realms of influence that are out of balance. The gods; Chaos, and the Great Mother are balanced by the Oracle. The Oracle has been captured by Chaos. He isn't really bent on destruction, he is just bored and the world is a plaything. Chaos is using the lesser gods of Hell namely Satan, and his disgruntled mistress, De'val. He is playing one against the other and offered De'val more power if she helps him with his plot to steal souls from Satan. This is where the plague was created.

The name of Satan in no way reflects Earth's ideology. In the land of Aldoran, evolution is truly effective. If gods breed, they create a more powerful being. Hence, they are reluctant to procreate. Any cross breeding of species creates something more than the power/qualities of the original two. Balance is paramount.

On a side note: Our characters will be entering Hell. There is no way to enter hell without dying, but this is fantasy and all things should be remedied before the end. At any rate our party will all eventually end up in hell, so there will likely be death involved. It was planned that while in Purgatory they choose to be sent to hell and continue to fight Chaos, amid the varying levels of the Inferno.

I have tried to make this as freeform as possible, allowing everyone to contribute to the creation of new races and the realms in which they dwell. Anything created becomes part of the world unless it conflicts with things already established. There is still room for humans, dwarves, gargoyles, sprites or any other unique races or characters. I opted for Gargoyles instead of Orcs as I didn't want this to be too much like LOTR.

High Elves are more drawn to deities of light and wisdom rather than nature. The Wood elves serve the Elden Raves and are drawn to nature and the earth.

Please do not apply unless you love in depth RP, detailed posts, challenging characters, plot twists and are willing to post about once a week, possibly less if life intervenes. This is not a rapid paced RP.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Wraith

I'm interested. I love in depth RPs and I enjoy taking on challenging characters. I just took a look at the character bios at the OOC thread. I would love to be given the chance to portray them - some at least, if not all.

The slow pace (once/twice a week) would work in my favour. I don't have too much time, and I would be able to work on the posts, instead of having to post on the fly.

I understand I am replacing someone. If she comes back, I would gladly give up this role. I have yet to read through all the posts in the main thread, but perhaps I might even be able to emulate her style to some extent.

I know I'm new here. Do I need to pass some sort of screening test?
Surreal's sweet obsession <3

Wraith's Disappearance Act (A/As)

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Oreo