The Dinosaur Woman (Jurassic Park Universe) - INTEREST CHECK [UPDATED]

Started by Thera Regina, November 28, 2017, 03:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thera Regina

The Dinosaur Woman (Jurassic Park Universe) RP Idea.

So what I'm after with this RP, is a few people (Like four or five people) to play with me in a small group RP that will be set predominantly on either Isla Sorna or Isla Nublar, depending on the preference of my RP partners. There will be a poll, and then we can see who wants it to be set where. Either way, it will also be set where the dinosaurs are roaming free, and I will be adding some other dinosaurs as well, ones that wouldn't have been on the IN-Gen species list.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ten years ago, a young girl is castaway on Isla Nublar, or Isla Sorna, (We can discuss the island details later on), after her ferry capsized. For ten years, she's managed to survive with the dinosaurs that are on the island, even going as far as to actually befriend some of them, and be able to understand them. Her communicative skills have dropped, and she's reverted to almost the way human ancestors were before we became more civilised...Feral. Upon hearing of this woman on the island, a group of researchers visits the island, mostly to study the woman and her interaction with the dinosaurs, but there are also some who want to take her home, especially when they find that her parents/grandparents have put out a hefty reward for her safe return.

The playable characters are both human and dinosaur, so you can certainly choose which you want to be. I'll put them up below, but there are also rules for this Group RP, which I will also put up below. I would like for there to be a balanced gender diversity between the humans, and at least two genders of each of the dinosaurs, but there can be more if needed (After all there will be babies too). So...On with the characters and stuff!

Playable Humans

• Leader - Open
  • Researcher: 1 - Open
  • Researcher: 2 - Open
  • Researcher: 3 - Open
  • Scientist: 1 - Open
  • Scientist: 2 - Open
  • Scientist: 3 - Open
  • Security Guard: 1 - Open
  • Security Guard: 2 - Open
  • Security Guard: 3 - Open

Playable Dinosaurs

• Tyrannosaurus: Female - Open
  • Tyrannosaurus: Male - Open
  • Stegosaurus: Female - Open
  • Stegosaurus: Male - Open
  • Triceratops: Female - Open
  • Triceratops: Male - Open
  • Velociraptor: Female - Open
  • Velociraptor: Male - Open
  • Carnotaurus: Female - Open
  • Carnotaurus: Male - Open
  • Spinosaurus: Female - Open
  • Spinosaurus: Male - Open
  • Parasaurolophus: Female - Open
  • Parasaurolophus: Male - Open

The playable dinosaurs don't need a character sheet, the playable humans however...Do

Current Players
- Avis habilis
- Szandor
- Muse

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Szandor

Hi there,
First of all; I love your profile picture. Bog King is the bomb.
Secondly, I am in love with the idea of this. I've been pretty well versed in Jurassic Park and Dinosaurs since I was five years old, so I am more than ready to slam my interest down right here.
Posting Rate: SLOW

Thera Regina

Muse

Interesting. 

I was the hugest dinosaur fan as a kid.  One of the races in the world I'm building right now is basicly an anthro hadrosaurus.  :) 

I'm interested to hear more about this idea. 

I also wonder what kind of pace you'd like for the game.  Many of the freeform games i've tried to join have gone far to fast for me--and yet I'm here several hours every day!  ^_^;;
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thera Regina

Well, I am on every day, and I can post quite often, but I'll make sure that the pace is one that suits everyone. As for more about the idea, what is it that you want to know?

Muse

Well, you mentioned there being babbies.  :)  are the dinosaurs going to begin sating a diferent sort of hunger on the humans?  What are you wainting out of the story? 

I dont' think i've seen a Jurasic PArk movie since three.  (I read the original novel, too.) 

I think I heard that in the more recent movies there was some deliberate genetic improvement done on the dinosaurs?  And a bit of comuncation?  Maybe an alliance against a super-predator? 

Maybe I should be asking those questoins in spoiler text...
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thera Regina

Well, I'll certainly answer them in spoiler text.

Question: 1
Well, you mentioned there being babies.  :)  are the dinosaurs going to begin sating a different sort of hunger on the humans?
No, the babies that are had will be pure dinosaur babies, being laid by female dinosaurs, looked after by female dinosaurs and hatching out of eggs.

Question: 2
What are you wanting out of the story?
Well, I started this story once on another RP site, but it didn't really take off, plus it was with only one person, so we were both stuck playing with all of the characters, and nothing really made sense between the two of us. So I was just hoping that having more people would help it be less confusing.

Question: 3
I think I heard that in the more recent movies there was some deliberate genetic improvement done on the dinosaurs? And a bit of communication? Maybe an alliance against a super-predator?
Yes there has been some genetic stuff, but it wasn't an improvement. It was a simple gene splicing, taking the genes of a Tyrannosaurus, a Velociraptor, A Cuttlefish and a Tree Frog, creating the Indominus Rex. So yes, the Indominus can communicate with the Velociraptors, but the Indominus Rex won't be in this RP.