You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 31, 2020, 02:17:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pathfinder Assassin's Guild  (Read 9935 times)

Offline Kathyan

Re: Pathfinder Assassin's Guild
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »
Vulra Vor

Race: Half-orc
Eyes: Yellow
Skin: Grey
Hair: Bloody Red
Languages: Abbyssal, Aquan, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Infernal, Necril, Orc, Sylvan, Undercommon.
Class: Mesmerist  (Spirit Walker)

Background: Vulra came from foreign lands, daughter of a female human who was raped by a red eyed orcish brute she was never really accepted in her home town. Despite looking human the grayish tone of her skin and the deep yellow of her eyes made her inheritance hard to ignore by those who resented those who had attacked the village so many times so she spent most of her time training on solitude on the mountains. She never thought the first undead she would ever face would be her own mother, the only person that cared for her, when the orcs attacked again this time with their shamans chief who wanted to create a small undead army to attack a bigger city.

She went after the orc-chief and was able to finish him off and the orcs were repelled but her zombie mother was destroyed by the villagers together with the other undead and in a sudden rage she killed the few survivors before she left everything behind, she had nothing now to look behind at except the burning remains of her home and the bloody corpses of orcs and humans, since then she usually preferred to be alone or in the company of undead which she usually treated as if they were living.

Never being completely alone as she learned ways to just reanimate more friends or helpers if needed Vulra never stopped moving and kept herself traveling, she didn't want to attract to many attention plus she never found a good reason to stay in just one place, but then something made her change her destination, she mostly travel though small settlements but as her psychic abilities increased she had learned some ways of foreseeing and that included her own future, something told her she had to travel to this big city state in the west and so she did posing as a traveler performer with a company of artists. Once there she received an invitation of The Choir of Swords. It seemed her skills had attracted their attention of the assassin's guild and following this good omen she accepted to work for them as an hired killer, spy, informant and in whatever minor tasks her undead puppets could help.

STR 22, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 12, WIS 12 CHA 20

Stat Block
HP=88
AC 26 (7armor+3dex+2luck+1natural+1deflection+2shield)   touch 16, flat footed 23
CMB: +12 (7bab+6str-1acp)
CMD: 25 (10+7bab+6str-1acp+2luck+1deflection)

BAB +7/+2
Falchion attack: +13
Damage: 2d4+9/15-20x2+2d4; with Power Attack and Painful Stare 2d4+25/15-20x2 +2d4+4d6

Fort 8: +3+3+2
Ref 12:+7+3+2
Will 15: +7+1+2(+5)

Feats and Skills
Feats
Power Attack
Furious Focus
Craft Woundrous Items
Intense Pain
Vital Strike

Skills
Appraise BG   8r+3cs+1int+2item=+14
Bluff         10ranks+3cs+5cha+1trait+2item=+21
Diplomacy      10ranks+3cs+5cha+2racial+1trait+2+5item=+28
Disguise      2ranks+3cs+5cha+2item=+12
Intimidate   1ranks+3cs+5cha+2item=+11
Perception   10ranks+3cs+1wis+2+5item=+21
Perform (dance) BG   1ranks+3cs+5cha+2item=+11
Perform (string) BG   1ranks+3cs+5cha+2item=+11
Sense Motive   10ranks+3cs+1wis+2+4item=+20
Spellcraft      10ranks+3cs+1int+2item=+16
Linguistics BG   10ranks+3cs+1int+2+5item=+21
Stealth      7ranks+3cs+2dex+2+5item-1armor=+18
Use Magic Device   10ranks+3cs+5cha+2item=+20

Occult Skills
Psychometry+14: 1/day DC15 (1minute)
Hypnotism+28: Suggestion 1/day DC 20+will save (1minute)
Read Aura+21: 1/day DC20+HD (10minutes)
Prognostication+20: Augury 1/day DC 25+HD (10minutes)
Automatic Writing+21: Divination 1/week DC30 (1hour)

Traits and Features
Racial Traits
ability score increase: +2str
burning assurance: +2 diplomacy
sacred tattoo: +1 luck bonus to all saves
weapon familiarity: proficient with greataxes, falchions and treat orc weapons as martial
darkvision 60'
orc: blood   count as human and orc
Favored class bonus: +1/2 level to painful stare damage

Class Features
Hypnotic stare: swift action -3 to will
Mesmerist Tricks: 10 per day, DC20: Chain of Eyes, Fearsome Guise, Linked Reaction, Mesmeric Mirror, Spectral Smoke.
Painful Stare: once per round add +10+4d6 damage to one attack you make or +12 damage to one attack of an ally.
Undead Inception: can use her mind affecting spells and abilities on undead with no chance of failure without the need of using her hypnotic stare first.
Towering Ego: add you charisma to will saves, lose bonus when can't provide the emotional component of her spells.
Bold Stare: Psychic Inception, Sapped Magic
Continued Animation: when a humanoid target of her hypnotic stare dies, as an immediate action can animate the corpse as if using dominate person for a half her level rounds. The creature gains 2x her level temporary HP and continues acting as if alive, counting as an undead but not being able to be healed. 3 times per day, Will save vs 20 to die normally.
Manifold Tricks: can have 3 tricks implanted at a time but not more than 1 on a single target.
Command Undead: as a bonus feat, can use 6 times per day using her mesmerist level as cleric level, at level 10 her DC to resist increases by 2.

Traits
Charming:+1 bluff and diplomacy to anyone who is or could be sexually attracted by you, and +1DC to language dependent spells
Fate's Favored: +1 to any luck bonuses

Spells
Prestidigitation, Mage hand, Message, Ghost sound, Detect magic, Dancing lights
L1 slots: 7
Beguiling gift, Silent Image, Unnatural lust, Sow thought, Vanish
L2 slots: 5
Alter self, Placebo Effect, Silence, Shamefully Overdressed, Suggestion
L3 slots: 4
Appearance of Life, Animate dead, Charm Monster, Object Possession
L4 slots: 2
Dominate Person, Riding Possession

Equipment
Magic Items
Mithral Breastplate +1
Keen Falchion +1
Ring of Protection +1
Ring of Force Shield
Scroll of break enchantment BardL4
Scroll of restoration ClericL4
Mask of the Mesmerist
Alternate Stone of Good Luck +1
Gloves of Calligraphy +5
Vest of Diviner +4
Robe of Courtesan +5
Boots of Elvenkind +5
Eyes of the Eagle +5
Belt of Physical Perfection +2
Headband of Alluring Charisma +2
Amulet of Natural Armor +1
Traveler’s Any-Tool
Orb of the Clairvoyant, 2 daily charges
Wand of cure light wounds x2

Mundane Equipment
Sap, Scorpion Whip, Sling (20bullets), Darts x10
Tear-Away Entertainer Outfit x2
Bard's Kit

GP 338
Onyx Gems worth 2000 gp

Offline MingMing

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2017, 04:27:11 AM »
*Overly-dramatic flopping sighs*

LOL!  I was so proud of my bard but wow... you guys are amazing!  How did you pump your social skills so high!?!?!  Oh well..  I've still got a few tricks up my sleeves... Heh! 

Seriously, you guys have some seriously impressive builds, love seeing how people all make different characters that showcase many roads to the same destination! 

Offline firepyre

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:31 AM »
Don't sweat the numbers... pathfinder doesn't even try to be balanced, it just assumes the GM will compensate.

Would a "fallen" paladin be acceptable? One with his powers intact, but who no longer adheres quite so strictly to the code? I have a picture in mind that I've been dying to make a character for...

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2017, 05:53:59 AM »
Well, there's antipaladins...  ;D

Offline MingMing

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2017, 05:58:01 AM »
One of the best roleplaying experiences I ever had was in Greyhawk as a paladin of Wee-Jas slowly transitioning to become a Blackguard of Wee-Jas without ever realizing anything had changed.  The entire roleplay was wonderfully handled by a DM who really knew her stuff, and made the journey the important thing, without worrying about meta-details.  That being said, I totally would LOVE to see someone in the mold of the armored knight type, as so far it seems we're more lightfighter dominant.  Sometimes even assassins need to bring in the big tanks!

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:40 AM »

LOL!  I was so proud of my bard but wow... you guys are amazing!  How did you pump your social skills so high!?!?!  Oh well..  I've still got a few tricks up my sleeves... Heh! 

Seriously, you guys have some seriously impressive builds, love seeing how people all make different characters that showcase many roads to the same destination!

Well, Bael has no other social skills than his intimidate up really but he invested on it with dazzling display so he can AoE demoralize enemies when he goes 'mad scientist' mode in front of them as he displays his expertise with arcane bombs which he conjures up with his hand ;). But besides arcane bomb spams he provides usual wizard utility in illusions (he can do lot scumbag things with it) and with difficulty to divinations, enchantments and necromancy (he has little to no evocations because he picks most blast spells from conjuration school).

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2017, 08:34:08 AM »

Both Enchanter and Ec give half their level to various social skills and Diplomacy works off her Int due to clever word play. Add in skills like Cultural adaptation and others and you can get a social beast quite easily.

Offline Snake

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2017, 01:13:19 PM »
Actually I'm removing this character as my submission. I use her alot as it is and I'm feeling like doing something new.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:24:00 PM by Snake »

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »
Updated version of the 'Lady' still hammering out issues
Name:'The Lady', Varies
Race: Human
Eye: Purple, Varies
Hair: Purple, Varies

Background: The Lady is a legend in the courtly world, the social maven who chooses the newest fashions, dance and music in court. Not directly of course but with a coy whisper in the ear of the person at the right place or time. Her voice can start rumors that unwind a generation worth of plotting of one family to the gain of the new face at court, or sour decades long good relations to the point of a trade war or blood feud.
She is one of the Chior's greatest spies, recruiters and points of contact. She hears much through her work through the upper levels of society, and more than one contract has started with her pointing a fellow Choir member to someone wishing another dead.
She can, and has, killed by her own hand when she desires; she prefers to be a 'subtle blade' that reaps reputations and social standing. Removing threats to herself and the Choir but killing reputations and family fortunes rather than bloodying her hands. Most of her 'blades' are even aware of her work thru their actions as she manipulates them thru magic, cutouts and backroom deals.
Tactics:Typically she prefers to work thru cutouts, manipulating one group against another to either provide opening for 'direct actors' (i.e..other assassins) by isolating the target or engineering conflicts where the victim dies by a rivals hand. Suggestion and similar spells to convince the victim or his allies that the threat isn't so dire yet.
Use of Conceal spell, Hidden Presence or some form of invisibility to hide while she sets things in motion to isolate the victim (suggestion, charm, and other enchantments), weaken (mind fog, curses or so on) or indirectly attack the victim (pit/deadfall spells, poisons or charmed/dominated attacker or summoned monsters)
Her use of poisons, both on victims or as a.provider of them is not widely known outside the choir.
Statblock
Female human enchanting courtesan 5/enchanter 5
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +11
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 (+2 armor, +3 deflection, +2 Dex)
hp 80 (10d6+20)
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +10
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee adamantine dagger +5 (1d4/19-20)
Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th; concentration +15)
   9/day—dazing touch
Enchanter Spells Prepared (CL 9th; concentration +15)
   5th—contagious suggestion (DC 23), mind fog (DC 23), overland flight
   4th—apparent treachery (DC 22), charm monster (DC 22), enticing adulation (DC 22), summon monster IV
   3rd—displacement, puzzle box (DC 21), spiked pit[APG] (DC 19), suggestion (2, DC 21)
   2nd—heightened charm person (2, DC 20), hidden presence[UI] (DC 20), hideous laughter (DC 20), invisibility, raiment of command (DC 18), unnatural lust[UM] (DC 20)
   1st—charm person (DC 19), cloak of secrets, cultural adaptation[UI], endure elements, mage armor, unseen servant
   0 (at will)—detect magic, detect poison, message, prestidigitation
   Opposition Schools Abjuration, Necromancy
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 22, Wis 13, Cha 16
Base Atk +4; CMB +4; CMD 19
Feats Conceal Spell[UI], Cunning, Deceitful, Favored Prestige Class, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), Heighten Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (enchantment)
Traits clever wordplay, extremely fashionable
Skills Acrobatics +5, Appraise +10, Artistry (criticism) +10, Bluff +26, Craft (alchemy) +19 (+21 when working with poison), Diplomacy +25, Disguise +13, Fly +8, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (arcana) +18, Knowledge (history) +13, Knowledge (local) +13, Knowledge (nobility) +13, Linguistics +19, Perception +11, Perform (act) +9, Perform (dance) +9, Profession (courtesan) +9, Sense Motive +16, Sleight of Hand +17, Spellcraft +19, Stealth +7, Use Magic Device +11
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Undercommon
SQ arcane bond (ring of protection +3), contact poison wielder, covert spells, enchanting smile, enchanting touch, hidden spell, master poisoner, poison use, seducer's leverage, seductive intuition
Combat Gear pearl of power (1st level) (4), pearl of power (2nd level), pearl of power (3rd level); Other Gear +1 glamered spell storing silken ceremonial armor[UC], adamantine dagger, cloak of resistance +2, pathfinder pouch, pathfinder pouch, ring of protection +3, poison lip paint[UI], poison pill ring[UE], wizard starting spellbook, 13,023 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abjuration You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Abjuration school.
Arcane Bond (Ring of protection +3) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Conceal Spell (DC 28, Somatic DC 27) Conceal evidence of spellcasting
Contact Poison Wielder (Ex) Wield a dose of contact poison as a melee weapon, concealing it with Sleight of Hand.
Covert Spells (Su) Cast divination and enchantment spells covetly, but must make Bluff/Sleight of Hand checks.
Dazing Touch (9/day) (Sp) As a standard action, touch dazes foe for 1 rd, if HD <= wizard level.
Enchanting Smile (Su) Gain bonuses to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate. Turn enchantment spells.
Enchanting Touch (Su) If a creature lets you touch it, you can deliver a divination or enchantment spell.
Enchantment The enchanter uses magic to control and manipulate the minds of his victims.
Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment) +1 to the Save DC of spells from one school.
Heighten Spell Increases spell level to effective level desired.
Hidden Spell +1 (Su) Bonus to spell DC vs. foes unaware of you or considering you an ally.
Master Poisoner +2 (Ex) Use Craft (alchemy) for 1 hr to change poison type (failure ruins). +2 Craft (Alchemy) for poisons.
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Seducer's Leverage (1 edge, 1/day) (Ex) Consult nework of informants to determine individual's influence with organization or individual.
Seductive Intuition (Su) Use Sense Motive in place of Diplomacy or Sleight of Hand vs. targets attracted to you.
Spell Focus (Enchantment) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
--------------------
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:53:51 PM by Callie Del Noire »

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
Working on an elf vigilante with the Darklantern archetype at the moment. Basically, a killer of drow who can become a drow, at the risk of also turning into a crazy person.

Offline Kathyan

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2017, 01:32:54 PM »

Well the Mesmerist gets quite a nice bunch of skills like the bard so there you are ^^

But I'm so excited to see such an amount of sexy faces and spellcasters, yay for sexy assassins :D

Offline Snake

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »
I just wish I could find a better, more serious pic for Masako but that's the commissioned art I had done for her. I wish I'd specified a bit more rather than a basic description.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
I like how we have a mix of the subtle and violent.

I can see the Lady passing referrals to many of the characters here...

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
Snake, here are some pic ideas for Masako;

Succubus tieflings

Offline Snake

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2017, 02:42:51 PM »
Thanks Zaer but can you pick one up that's a blonde? :3

And I just hope I don't get told to redo her cuz I did alter things about her class to make it work better.

What I changed was: I made the "mystic focus" work like the bloodrage with a duration: 4+cha +2/lvl.
Automatic Eschew Materials

that's pretty much it.

I also hope her history isn't too dark for E. Being a former sex slave sort of broke all that might've been good in her; sort of got seduced by the dark side.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:52:17 PM by Snake »

Offline Sally Aces

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
So, really quick question, would you rather I not bring in a Female Dhampire Oracle of Bones? I can shift my focus away from Necromancy if you'd like, I just thought it could be fun to bring in someone who makes death not a final 'solution'.

I was thinking we're a little Cleric light... so I could go more in that direction, maybe as an Aasminar who lost her way?

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »
Blonde tiefling? Okay, here is couple (close ones I could find) :)

Offline MingMing

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2017, 04:26:44 PM »
So, really quick question, would you rather I not bring in a Female Dhampire Oracle of Bones? I can shift my focus away from Necromancy if you'd like, I just thought it could be fun to bring in someone who makes death not a final 'solution'.

I was thinking we're a little Cleric light... so I could go more in that direction, maybe as an Aasminar who lost her way?

I am of the opinion an Oracle can do well in lieu of a cleric, but I say do what you feel most interested in playing? 

Offline Re Z L

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »

The Juju mystery offers a unique way to go about necromancy too.  Not the most optimal way to do it, but definitely still has neat witchy sorts of feel to it.

Also, like MingMing said, Oracles can be crazy good for a lot of different things, but it all depends on what you feel like playing  :)

Offline Snake

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2017, 04:31:42 PM »
Thanks Zaer, you found the perfect one (I moved/edited it into my post above)

more than likely Masako will try to find a way to become at least half-demon or full blown succubus instead of Tiefling.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:34:20 PM by Snake »

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »
Your welcome Snake :)

Offline Kathyan

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 04:48:54 PM »
Nice selection Zaer, I did also liked the third one over the rest as well... and now that I see so many succubus I realize I had one pending for you as well, sorry about forgetting about it. ^^

I think it would be nice to have an extra oomph on the necromancy department and I think either an Oracle or a Cleric would be fine, either for necromancy or for Cleric stuff, but as other have said already, play what you feel like playing ;)

Offline Snake

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 04:49:17 PM »
Hot stuff. Succubi rock.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »
I have this image of a scene, where my character is wined and dine by a lord in hopes she'll let him commission the Choir and she declines. As she lingers by the door she tells him the reason, his rival hired them first. As she closes the now Arcane locked door with a polite 'goodbye' one of the others appears and the scene ends from her point of view.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »
Well one of my ideas just got shot down.. all the spells I wanted to mark permant are 1-2 levels away?...