You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 10:21:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: YouTube Recommendations  (Read 57 times)

Offline TotesRiderTopic starter

YouTube Recommendations
« on: October 12, 2016, 11:37:28 PM »
Post up any and all youtube channels you recommend here ^_^.

While I like the popular stuff like Markiplier, Game Grumps and such, here's some channels I personally like that many people may have not heard of yet.

The Super Best Friends: An LP channel with 4 players Matt, Pat, Woolie and Liam. I got into these guys mostly because it's the very rare LP channel that plays and likes games that I'm into. Stuff like Platinum Games, JoJo, anime, wrestling, and the like. Plus they have a pretty bitchin podcast every week. They have a pretty fun community as well such as animators (which they often bring in to do video intros) fan artists and compilation videos. Often times they have themed months or weeks like Boxing Week, Rustlemania (all wrestling games), Shitstorm of Scariness and Mechaweek. Also if you're a fan of fighting games, every friday they have either a Friday Night Fisticuffs (where they play awesome fighters) or Saturday Morning Scrublords (in which they play the bad ones).

Maximilian Dood: Speaking of fighting games. This channel's a fighting game centric one. Max's channel is the thing that got me into actually PLAYING fighting games legitimately (as in actually learning and not just mashing buttons). Most of his videos generally come from his streams on twitch that he chops up into Week Ofs. However he also often does small skits as well as news updates. But more importantly are the Assist Me videos which are part skits and part fighting game tutorials. Because of his place in the FGC, he's been hired by Iron Galaxy to help with video editing and story writing for Killer Instinct and often commentates on Killer Instinct tournaments during EVO or World Cup. He also has another channel called Yo-Video games.

Mother's Basement: The Professional Shitbag. This dude does some pretty interesting analysis videos on Anime OPs and EDs generally pointing out moments of foreshadowing and small little details as well as analyzing animation. If I had to recommend a specific video, any of his Sword Art Online videos are hysterical... watch them and you'll hear the exact moment a man's soul dies.

kaptainkristian: A newer channel that's been getting some good traction. This dude does Video Essays on topics ranging from Adult Swim, the meaning of color and costumes in X-men, the true meaning of FLCL and so on. However what's more impressive is the amount of visuals, music and editing used in his videos. I can't wait to see this channel explode because god dammit he deserves it!