You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 12:35:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?  (Read 14516 times)

Offline Crixus

Re: RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2016, 11:45:59 PM »
Anyone else started Fire Emblem Fates? I've been working my way through the three paths. Just finished birthright and conquest.

My collectors edition arrived late and this Sunday has basically been me playing through the Conquest path. Very impressed so far, especially after playing Awakening again to get myself ready

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2016, 11:26:07 PM »
I need to get to that Crixus.

I am currently trying Infinite Undiscovery again. I actually made past the first hour of the game this time and have gotten used to the controls well enough that I might be able to play. ;D This is the 4th time I have tried the game. >_> There is a lot of running away.

Online Changingsaint

« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »
Final fantasy 15 finally - finally, really actually has a release date. September 30th. PS4/Xbone

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:24:31 AM by Changingsaint »

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2016, 11:54:55 PM »
Final fantasy 16 finally - finally, really actually has a release date. September 30th. PS4/Xbone

Quod non est sedecim, quindecim.
That's fifteen not sixteen.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:56:38 PM by Inkidu »

Online Changingsaint

« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2016, 01:24:18 AM »
Quod non est sedecim, quindecim.
That's fifteen not sixteen.

Mistype  »\_(ツ)_/»

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #255 on: March 31, 2016, 01:26:46 AM »
It happens, but I hope to live long enough to play 16 when it does get here. ;D

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
Getting back into ARK here and there.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »
For Final Fantasy lovers with a PS4, there is a free demo: PLATINUM DEMO - FINAL FANTASY« XV. It is the side story of young Noctis in a dreamscape world. It has a Kingdom Hearts type gameplay/engine.

Online AmberStarfire

• Rogue Starlight ~ Fantasy Novelist ~ This Is Who We Are ~ Scully to his Mulder
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ❤ Snuggler of the Wyld and Hairy ❤
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
Still playing ESO. Hairy got me some crown store items for my birthday, so I alternate between a samurai-esque kimono (I think it's kind of orkish in the game) and a noblewoman's dress for my character, while she runs around (normally) with her two-handed sword. The outfits are costumes and I have her in heavy armour beneath them. He also got me a fox, which I rather like. I should probably play some other games I have, but I just keep going with this and levelling, and I don't really spend that much time playing games anyway.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2016, 08:01:51 PM »
Tree of Savior, WoW, Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2016, 11:42:03 PM »
Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition, to try that new 2.0 update and the new Shaman class.

Offline Sandmanmaster

« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2016, 09:02:06 PM »
I have yet to try out the Enhanced Edition for Baldur's Gate 1 or 2, although I do own them. I find myself coming back to my (heavily modded) Baldur's Gate 2 every other year or so. It's probably the CRPG which has had the most influence.

Darkest Dungeon has been taking up some of my free time again, lately, after having set it aside for several weeks.

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2016, 12:35:48 PM »
I kind of hit a wall with Fire Emblem Birthright, so I've been playing, weirdly enough, Wild Arms on my PS Vita.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2016, 12:50:50 PM »
I kind of hit a wall with Fire Emblem Birthright, so I've been playing, weirdly enough, Wild Arms on my PS Vita.

I got that last month, but haven't tried it yet. Was playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
Currently playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

I like it so far. The plot kind of reminds me of Persona 3 and 4, plus I grew up watching the first four seasons of Digimon so I kind of like seeing the concept with a more modern take on it.

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2016, 01:50:09 PM »
I got that last month, but haven't tried it yet. Was playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky.

You got which? Birthright or Wild Arms? I like the new Fire Emblem, the East meets West thing is fun and I love the classes in birthright. I just always kind of hit a wall in them, especially when the game gives me lots of freedom to figure out builds for characters. But then I end up giving people stupid abilites that don't stack well or it's really hard to get them levels in the new class.

As for Wild Arms, it's pretty basic, but it's a genre I like and I like what it tries to do, mixing like Western themes with an RPG. *shrugs*

What kind of gameplay does Legend of Heroes have?

Also, I just donwloaded Chrono Trigger cause I can't find either of my other copies.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2016, 01:59:33 PM »
Ooops, Wild Arms. I am a big fan of 2D genre type games. ; )

Legend of Heroes games for the most part have more story than gameplay. My first game in that series was a the new Trails of Cold Steel. I liked it well enough to go back and purchase the previous games that came out only on PSP in the west.

Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
Legend of Heroes II Trails in the Sky
Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean
Legend of Heroes Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch

I think my favorite JRPG games on whole are the Tales series.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:00:37 PM by Oreo »

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2016, 02:05:55 PM »
Right, makes sense. Yeah, I specifically bought a Vita so I could get a bunch of old PS One RPGs and the only copy of Wild Arms I ever had access to was super scratched by the people who gave it to me.

More story than gameplay is fine with me. I'm playing turn based RPGs for a reason :P (Also, I have crappy hand eye coordination and muscle memory).

I think I actually just missed a sail on one of those to check out on Vita. Maybe some time I will, though.

Yeah, I read a bunch of people talking about the Tales series but I've only ever seen like one on Vita and the newest console I own is an original XBox, so I'm largely unfamiliar.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »
If you can manage a used PS2 it is worth it even for the Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.

The Vita one was Tales of Hearts R.

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2016, 02:37:02 PM »
Maybe when I get moved. Trying to lighten my load.

Offline drummer2006jk

« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »
I'm playing through Legend of Dragoon, that PS1 JRPG and the first of the Shadow Hearts games for PS2.  XD

Offline TotesRider

« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2016, 08:23:33 PM »
Played a bit of Oreshika on Vita. Pretty interesting but I'll need to put in more time to get a better opinion.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »
Played a bit of Dark Cloud 2.

Online Changingsaint

« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2016, 02:10:00 AM »
I've been replaying Wild Arms 3.

I love this game. So much. One of my favorite JRPG's. Though the encounter rate and animations in combat can get a bit often/long, such was sadly the fate of early PS2 RPG's. Still, if you have the chance to play it, it's great.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
I've been replaying Wild Arms 3.

I love this game. So much. One of my favorite JRPG's. Though the encounter rate and animations in combat can get a bit often/long, such was sadly the fate of early PS2 RPG's. Still, if you have the chance to play it, it's great.
I haven't started playing yet, but I just grabbed it for my PS4.