You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:07:45 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?  (Read 14537 times)

Offline The Dark Raven

Re: RPG/JRPG What are you playing now?
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
Not sure if this counts, but I've been playing a little modpack about bee-breeding in Minecraft.  The modpack creator is ESL, and I'd been seeing a lot of comments on the boards there about the 'poor grammar' (to be fair, they all shut up right quick when I pointed out that he was writing the modpack in something other than his native language.)  So, while I'm letting my bees make All The Things (TM), I'm going through (with his blessing and thanks) and redoing the quest texts so that they read better.  Ninety percent of the errors are flow or idiom-related - only a few actual spelling errors.

Oooh, which beekeeping mod is that?

Offline Mathim

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2016, 09:58:29 AM »
Getting a little bored with Yokai Watch, got a good price on Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, gonna give that a whirl.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2016, 10:02:02 AM »
Ispent about four hours getting into Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and another four replaying Amalur.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2016, 10:37:53 AM »
Oooh, which beekeeping mod is that?

The pack is BeeHappy on the FTB launcher (Third Party Packs).  It's mostly Forestry and Gendustry (for ease in breeding) with a couple other mods thrown in for extra types of bees or just for fun.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »
Oooh, that's cool.  I have run with a beekeeping mod before which is fun, but I can't remember what it is called (hubs built us a mod pack for our home server that is huge...)

I hope, in his rebuild, he puts it in, because I loved it.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »
If you had to build a bunch of bronze machines to process everything, it was probably Forestry.  BeeHappy is a fun little derping-around pack - a little grindy at the beginning, but I enjoyed it more than I planned to.   I'd originally started it to try to sort out some recording issues and kind of got sucked in.  (The recording issues aren't quite resolved yet, but I know what needs doing at least.)

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2016, 11:26:52 AM »
Dying Light on PC.  Has rpg elements in it and has a rather decent sized open world.  Expansion just came out and added a new zone as big as the original content in game. 

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:32 PM »
That is why I am replaying Reckoning. I didn't realize PS3 had more DLC mission packs I could download.

Digimon is giving me some real mental hurdles since I have never played a Digimon game before. Lots of new stuff to learn how to do. Things as simple as adding monsters to your party menu are going to take a while to pound into my head. I did it once by accident, and can't remember how I did it.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »
That is why I am replaying Reckoning. I didn't realize PS3 had more DLC mission packs I could download.

Digimon is giving me some real mental hurdles since I have never played a Digimon game before. Lots of new stuff to learn how to do. Things as simple as adding monsters to your party menu are going to take a while to pound into my head. I did it once by accident, and can't remember how I did it.

Which one are you playing, and what system? I tried a rom version of one on the DS a few years ago and it looked seriously complicated, like Pokemon to the nth degree.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:21 PM »
Which one are you playing, and what system? I tried a rom version of one on the DS a few years ago and it looked seriously complicated, like Pokemon to the nth degree.

I am playing the brand new PS4 Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2016, 04:21:35 PM »
Okay, so Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is, so far, the least annoying of the Mario and Luigi series. Things are short-scale, the bosses are far less frustrating and they've added bonuses for completing certain objectives in battle which is a nice incentive to do really well, AND you can save anywhere, not just at save boxes, so completing these challenges is simpler. Problem is, one of these particular challenges requires tilting the 3DS to maneuver a rolling ball and it's extremely over-sensitive so unless my compulsive nature will allow me to skip that, I'll have to stop there for a while til I get it right.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2016, 04:14:52 PM »
Finally in Northrend in WoW.  So close to 70 I can taste it.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2016, 04:21:39 PM »
27 hours into Digimon and around 4 or 5 hours into Xcom 2.  Playing the Division tonight, provided no dreaded launch bugs happen.... hahahahaha.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »
I will likely be playing Fable Legends Beta until the servers shut down on the 13th of April.

Offline Missy

« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2016, 08:54:15 PM »
What does "JRPG" mean?

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »
Japanese RolePlay Game

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »
What does "JRPG" mean?

Traditionally, things like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Xenosaga - I'm not sure what the exact dividing line is between JRPG and RPG though (other than country of origin.)

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2016, 09:44:51 PM »
JRPG generally uses anime type art for the games. Some other game series that fall into the category are, the Tales series, Legend of Heroes, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean, Suikoden, Shin Megami Tensei...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:46:06 PM by Oreo »

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2016, 06:16:50 PM »
Decided to replay Lost Odyssey when I'm taking a break from VtM Bloodlines... Really should try out Neverwinter Nights 2 since I got it from my brother....

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2016, 06:23:22 PM »
Lost Odyssey is one of the few games that made me cry, both times I played it.

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »
Lost Odyssey is one of the few games that made me cry, both times I played it.

Same here, I think the only other one is FF7... Ok it was more on what I went through to get Aerith's Great Gospel.

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »
The other game for me was Tales of Graces f.

Online Changingsaint

« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »
If you like lost Odyssey, try nier..super emotional game with an amazing story and soundtrack!

Online OreoTopic starter

« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
I liked Nier too once I got past the opening battles, but it didn't make me cry. : / I am looking forward to NieR: Automata.

Offline snapdragon

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:29 PM »
Anyone else started Fire Emblem Fates? I've been working my way through the three paths. Just finished birthright and conquest.