Well, I think is almost done, second pilot added in spoilerName:
Sai (for those who are close to him)Callsign:
none for nowAge:
1.70 m/ 5.5 ftWeight:
Healthy and strong but not tonedDistinguishing Marks:
Scars on his chest and arms, a tattoo of bones and skull on his right arm on a text of “702”, on the left arm, a haiku: 平和のための血液Appearance:
A Japanese descendant, he carries a katana which is at his side when he is piloting (just like WWII Japanese pilots), if there is time to prepare for a battle he will wear a hachimaki or Japanese traditional bandana around his forehead. If he is not preparing for fighting he can wear casual clothes which makes him look like another guy of his age, he doesn´t look particularly like the "military guy". Bio:
Son of a rich and aristocratic Japanese family exiled from Japan by being the main leaders of a militaristic faction, aiming to abandon the pacifist politics of Japan in favor of a militaristic and expansionist approach.
He was educated in a traditional Japanese way, formal and frugal, since he was a child was trained in martial arts, especially in kendo and bojutsu; and also imbued of the political ideas that his family has adopted.
In the exile, the militaristic faction promoted the development of new military technology in alliance with "friendly nations" which also let them create a mercenary unit which later would be known as the “Rising Sun Legion” which fought for foreign nations who supported the growing militarism of the exiled aristocrats, who compose the core and high command, it is formed by all kind of Japanese men and women, those who wanted an adventure in far lands and those escaping from poverty or justice in Japan. The "Legion" is an armed force of disciplined mercenaries, operating like a frei korp, a unit of mercenaries with an independent chain of command.
Saigo joint the Rising Sun Legion at 14 and for the 18 he was a seasoned veteran, a talented pilot and a notorious squadron leader. Since that age he knew the rigors of combat: to sleep under rain or in a trench during a bombardment, eat bad and few, march long distances under a burning sun or in the coldest winter. That made him slowly doubt about the ideas of a militarist regime as the best future for Japan, as a soldier he is very pragmatic, worry more about keep the discipline among his subordinates and keep them highly motivated than in political indoctrination.
He and his platoon are well known and respected due to their success in battle but mainly due to survive the worst missions, even for a mercenary unit, they are usually in charge of piercing enemy formations or taking strongholds. They are nicknamed the "fumetsu tai" or the "immortal squadron" the nickname is the product of their courage, toughness and skills.
Before the accident, he was taking a new mecha to Earth, a test type, the evolution of previous models, which has been proven in the Moon, it was considered to be ready for mass-production in some place of the Earth where the militarists have supporters. Then the accident took place. He is not going to abandon this mecha, and certainly not to Ryazan, a historical enemy of Japan.Equipment/Gear:
a Katana given by his grandfather and a mouser C 96
Military: Second lieutenantRole:
mecha pilot (especialized in assistant duties)Nicknames:
straight (but curious)Height:
Healthy and thinDistinguishing Marks:
She has a deep scar in the right side of her face which is covered by her hair, and a tattoo with skull and bones in her left arm and the number "1326"Appearance:
Her eyes are black, she can wear a hachimaki on the forehead for piloting, also some people believes she has a tomboyish appearanceBio:
She was a common girl living in Tokyo, the second daughter of a middle class family, she was an excellent student but by the time she was at college she had been seduced by the ideology of militaristic faction about a strong Japan ruled not by a corrupt Parliament. At the age of 18 she quit college and joint to the Rising Sun Legion.
She was a remarkable volunteer as the officers of the Legion saw her natural talent to think in strategies and process information in the few seconds that decisiones had to be taken in battlefield. She quickly received the role of second pilot in a two manned mecha, a TS 18. She was assigned as second pilot of a veteran pilot.
But, during a battle 2 years ago, the mecha they were piloting received severe damages, the first pilot, who had been her mentor and best friend died. She survived with with many minor scars on the body and two big scars, one crosses the right side of her face and the other on her right lower ribs just behind her breasts. Those scars caused her pain still and she need to take analgesics. Although she had said she doesn´t care about those scars she hides them, the first under a lock of hair and the other is the reason why she never were a bikini or such.
After that battle she was assigned to be second pilot for Saigo, she is awaiting to be promoted to lieutenant to pilot her own mecha as first pilot.
She follows the bushido code and feel herself as a modern warrior whose honor is based on her loyalty to their superiors and to the emperor (which she believes is ultimately serving although he may not agree with it), also, she is an ideologically committed soldier who truly believes that the a totalitarian and strong government is the way to stop the corruption and dependency of Japan to foreign powers. She is extremely close-minded in that topic, being even more stubborn than some of her superior officers. Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):
A backpack with personal clothes, a katana and a dose of analgesics
45 tons - 49 tons (fully armed)Height:
16 mTop Speed:
90 Km/h without thruster and 170 Km/h with thrusterMech Name:
"Raijin" (god of thunder) Armaments:
1. Particle cannon (fixed): Located in its head is probably the most powerful gun available for this mecha but certainly not the main nor the most useful gun. It fires a concentrated beam of electronic particles, as it doesn't fie a solid projectile it has no recoil and an effective range of 4 km. but its effects are better if shot closer, at the end of the 4 km it produces 2nd degree burns as much for people, probably a hot surface for mechas. Although it's powerful and got a descent range, it devours the energy reserves of the mecha and also, due that overheats easily, it can be only shot 3 times before the electronic matrix (the core of the particle cannon) had to be replaced (and as those are produced in specialized in the colonies it is almost no way to replace them on Earth), a fourth shot is theoretically possible but its consequences might be from a blackout to an explosion in the energy system. It has also another problem, being a particle cannon, it can only shot straight and doesn’t have the parabolic inclination of a cannon shooting solid ammo.
2. High vibration knives (fixed): A set of metal blades of a modest size which can vibrate using the same particle technology of the particle cannon, capable to slice enemy mecha’s armor, it cannot pierce deeply but it is useful to cause damage on precise points. Are located in each arm of the mecha and are not hold in their hands bit comes from their wrists. Its slicing/vibrating capability is underdeveloped due to the fear that its vibration may damage the mecha's arms.
3. Gattling gun (fixed): A slug-firing cannon with multiple barrels. The Gatling has a very high fire rate, using up ammunition with surprising speed. It has recoil and can be fired from point blank to medium range, but is located only on the left arm. It is not a big gun, for the mechas standards, actually is relatively small, designed to deal with small mechas or enemy infantry, it is a bit bigger than the size the of Miniguns used in helicopters. Its bullets are contained in a cartridge which is charged in the forearm. It can shot explosive or solid ammunition.
4. Missiles pods (not fixed): attached to the thighs of the mecha it can carry 6 missiles of medium range.Armaments (Non-Standard):
1. High vibration spear(not fixed): A long spear which use the same technology of the vibration knives. It has more power and it's probably the main weapon of this mecha.Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):
1. Main thruster (not fixed): a part almost of the same height of the mecha itself it can provides an remarkable speed, it allows to perform jumps to some notorious height or to provide an equally impressive acceleration while advancing horizontally. It was not thought to be used like a jet thruster, which is in use permanently while the airplane is flying, but to be used during a few seconds to allow the mecha reach the enemies or escape of them.
2. Propellers and repulsors (fixed): set in different places of the mecha play a key role to get maneuverability and perform the uki-ashi or floating feet. It was a samurai technique which focuses on fighting while standing only on the toes, and then being able to react and change position suddenly for attack or defense. For this mecha using the thruster to move fastly. The propellers and repulsors also help to change direction suddenly.
3. Radar system (fixed): the mecha has two twin radar systems, the first, in the left shoulder is long ranged and reaching 5 to 6 km. but there is a gap of 8 seconds between every radar pulse. The second radar system, in the right shoulder, is of close ranged, but aims to read more precise details and the gap is of 1.5 seconds, reaching only between 500 and 600 m.
4. Other detection systems (fixed): Besides the radar, it has thermic sensors and sensors which can read the electromagnetic activity (like those produced by intense electrical activity), although it has both, only one of these 2 can work at the time, is up to the pilots to switch one another depending of the situation. Both work relatively well in close range, are very imprecise in medium range, and don’t work beyond 400 m.Strengths:
1. Firepower: Even with its limitations it has a good firepower in close range ( the gattling) and a reasonable firepower in medium range (the missiles) its particle cannon also provides a limited but important support in long range, its potency surpass most of what you can expect in a mecha of that size since it was developed to pierce that even the heaviest mecha can offer.
2. Speed and maneuverability: Its main thruster makes it a fast mecha capable to reach good speed and also to move on the battlefield with great skill which makes it capable to evade shots and to move into favorable positions to attack or defend itself, of course with a good pilot.
3. Versatile: Having many options means be able to alternate among them and build complex strategies to obtain the most of each weapon, being a two manned mecha, also helps to think in strategies even in the worst of the fight
4. Some weapons are easy to repair and charge: Some weapons like missiles and the Gatling gun are cheap to maintain and their ammo is cheap and easy to find, some others like the knives and spears works directly with the power system of the mecha.Weaknesses:
1. Armor: this mecha has firepower and speed, but some of the armor protection had to be sacrificed, its armor is lighter than in other mechas of its size. This weakness was supposedly compensated by a speed that should make it a difficult target and style of fighting that emphasizes eliminating the enemy in one blow if fighting in close range.
2. Spare parts: it is not easy to find all spare parts, besides, it is not easy neither to find spare parts for a machine which is not in the market. Some of them could be found in very specialized companies, a couple of them only in the colonies.
3. Test type: although most of the gun systems could work pretty well, the Particle cannon are still in test and development phase, therefore failures are to be expected.Overall Description:
The "Raijin" it is a bipedal mecha two manned unit, one pilot, the fighter or "arrow", is in charge of fighting the enemies in front of him, pretty much like the standard mecha-pilot; the second pilot, the commander or the "bow", is in charge of the main radar screen and other electronic pieces, to receive and send complex messages and turn it into simple orders for his partner and keep an eye on the battlefield and specially to ensure that the particle cannon be shot in the optimal conditions available during battle. It is a secondary role but still can influence the result of the battle. We could say that the arrow is the tactical aspect while the bow is the strategical one, that commands the mecha, However the mecha can work pretty well with only one man in the fighting aspects, but the radar and sensors information is given in screens over the head of the first pilot, which cannot show the whole picture or give the details as another pilot could.
It was developed to be an elite assault unit, able to advance over no-man's land faster than other mechas, but also to penetrate the enemy formations through superior firepower and stop a potential counterattack in close ranged combat.Equipment/Gear:
Handguns and knives: 2 handguns and 2 ballistic knives, although there are standard items the pilots can bring their own weapons
Survival kits: One for each pilot contain first aid kits, radios, and an e-tool
Purifier masks: it covers the whole face without diminish the vision range and it works like a gas mask
1 flare pistol
Although there is a compartment for water and food reserves, it is currently empty