You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:27:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Greasemonkey Script  (Read 26651 times)

Online Nymphadora

• Tonks, if she were shy. The knitting Nymph.
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • You can't take the sky from me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Greasemonkey Script
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2015, 05:51:36 AM »
OK so I've been using the script from near the start and have been a roaring fan for it! Love it!

This morning was the first time I finally tried Snippets and BOOM LOVE THEM!

Once more I have to thank you for creating this great script!

So, thanks Ssieth!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:55:34 AM by Nymphadora »

Offline GypsyRose

« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »
Another request -- would it be possible to add a link for 'Snippets' alongside the 'Quick Topics' link? 

As the 'Snippets' link no longer appears on the compose screen for replies for me (presumably because I have too many?), I now have to access by going into 'Script Settings' and hitting 'Snippets' from there. 

I know an extra click isn't all that much, but when the post is longer ...  it just seemed like it might be handy.  :-)

Offline Caela

« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2015, 09:54:47 PM »
This is fantastic!!! Thank you so much for your work on it. The only thing that would please my OCD more would be if the tags could actually make folders to organize the bookmarks list but that's just my OCD twitching and wanting to organize more lol.

Online Nowherewoman

« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
Yay More Cabbit kudos!

Offline SsiethTopic starter

« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2016, 06:02:33 AM »
Sorry to neglect this thread for so long... I went into pre-christmas meltdown and pretty much disappeared from Eli.  I'm back now though, and taking tentative first steps.  I'll try and get to reading everything and doing something with each post this evening :)

« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2016, 03:39:47 PM »
Right... OK - I'm looking into various snippets issues now :)  Will let folks know when I have a version out with some sort of fix :)

« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2016, 04:57:34 AM »
OK - I finally have a new version up v1.27.1

It should fix the issue with the snippets menu. It was to do with the form containing the snippets link having overflow: hidden applied to it.  I've tweaked the code to override that and haven't yet found any side-effects.  So, fingers crossed.  Let me know how it goes :)

Offline GypsyRose

« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2016, 05:49:50 AM »
The updated version didn't fix the issue for me.  I still don't have the 'Snippets' link anymore when I hit reply. I installed, tried restarting Firefox, then also tried unchecking / saving / rechecking the snippets box.  :-)

« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2016, 05:53:08 AM »
The updated version didn't fix the issue for me.  I still don't have the 'Snippets' link anymore when I hit reply. I installed, tried restarting Firefox, then also tried unchecking / saving / rechecking the snippets box.  :-)

OK- that's odd and suggests that the error you are getting is a result of something other than just the number of snippets.  Not quite sure what it is but I tried with about 30 and it seemed to work OK for me.  All of them were small so maybe it is a size issue.

Can you try a little debugging for me?  Press CTRL+SHIFT+J.  That should bring up the console window and in it, if you unselect all of the categories except for JS, it may well indicate an error message.

Offline GypsyRose

« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2016, 06:02:54 AM »
Here is the result.  :-)

Offline GypsyRose

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2016, 06:08:22 AM »
After seeing the error, I went into my snippets and removed the parentheses marks '()' in the Snippet title as that seemed the only thing different from the rest of the snippets.  Once I did that and saved the new snippet and removed the old one, I now have the Snippets link again.  :-)

Thank you for all the work.  Snippets is such a wonderful feature!

« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2016, 06:09:14 AM »
After seeing the error, I went into my snippets and removed the parentheses marks '()' in the Snippet title as that seemed the only thing different from the rest of the snippets.  Once I did that and saved the new snippet and removed the old one, I now have the Snippets link again.  :-)

Thank you for all the work.  Snippets is such a wonderful feature!

Ooh - fantastic - I'll see what I can do to get it working with parentheses :)

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #262 on: February 26, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »
I'm not sure what's wrong, but I went to quote a PM to reply to it and what appeared in the box was the content of a previous message I had sent to a completely different person. I tried several different times, and the same thing happened.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or settings I need to change? This is the first time it happened.

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2016, 05:10:59 AM »
Hey there folks.  Sorry for not getting back on stuff but I ended up taking an unexpected break from Eli for real life reasons.  I'm back now and will try to give the script a proper look over, bug fix and optimization pass some time this week.

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2016, 06:13:32 AM »
Welcome back Ssieth.  I don't really need anything or have anything to report.  Just wanted to tell you that you're awesome and your script revolutionized my life *smothers in hugs*

Online Sain

« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »
Hey, the script is amazing, thank you so much for making it I am just having some weird issues lately with the drafts.

Sometimes when I save a draft for a thread and try to go back I instead load autosave of some draft that I imagine I had written for another thread. I also can't seem to clear my drafts properly. They reappear after a few refreshes and overwrite whatever drafts I had made for the thread in the mean time.

« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2016, 02:58:08 AM »
Yes - drafts are behaving a bit oddly for me as well :(

I'll take a look and see if I can work out quite what is going on...