You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:51:16 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Peri's Garden Blog is Back!  (Read 5826 times)

Online PeripherieTopic starter

Re: Peri's Garden Blog is Back!
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »
So I revive this dead thread, like so many of my plants from last spring/summer, and begin again!

Actually I probably should rename this blog "Peri's (and her SO's) Garden Blog!"

He has already kicked off the growing season with planting a few potatoes in pots as well as trying to trim and save some of our herbs. We had planned on a plot of land in my side yard on a much grander scale but I think pots on the porch will suffice for our gardening needs for one more year.

For Easter his mom gave us six pepper seedlings (4 hot and two sweet) and he planted them today, with my our cat Ori supervising and generally getting in trouble. Pictures to follow. We had planned to do a lot of cutting back before spring really sprung but life seems to have marched on without telling us.

Pictures soon to follow and hopefully a few seasons of crazy antics with some yummy/pretty growing things!

Offline Wistful Dream

• ✧ ~ ✦ ~ Bright Star ~ ✦ ~ ✧ ☾ A Dragon's Mariposa ☽ ~ * ~ A Captain's Princess ~ * ~ An Imp's Vixen
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I know my value.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2016, 07:18:26 AM »
Glad to see you back at this darling. <3 Can't wait to see those pictures!

Online Cassandra LeMay

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 10:31:38 AM »
Nice to have your blog back.  :-) Looking forward to some pictures. And even without pictures it's good to know that you and the SO are going strong.

Online Atroxa

• Beastmistress, Countess of Cute Socks, Artiste de Patisserie
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 12:21:01 PM »
I might steal this idea from you lol I have a pretty expansive patio garden at my apartment

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »
Thanks Cass! Wisti!

And you should Atroxa! We planed herbs and peppers and an eggplant last year. We are pretty novice but we got a few things to eat from it. We started some from seed and some from young plants. (We also planted some radishes and beats and lettuce but those didn't do so well.)

Online Atroxa

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2016, 02:19:46 PM »
I did bell peppers, green beans, and tomatoes last year. This year I added squash (and zucchini), eggplant, and radishes. I also have some herbs like mint, parsley, cilantro, and spinach. Oh and I got a thornless blackberry bush last year and then got a couple small strawberry plants this year too. I started most of them from seed except for the herbs and the strawberries. You did your egg plant from seed? How did that go? My seeds took forever to sprout and now the sprouts are taking forever to grow!

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »
I think the eggplant was from a seedling. Oo... he got some some kind of berry seeds. That is great about the green beans. Like I said we are still very new at gardening and have big plans with little time. :)

Online Atroxa

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »
I bought the blackberries and strawberries as sprouts instead of seeds, same with most of my herbs but almost all the vegetables have been grown from seeds

Offline Blythe

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »
So I revive this dead thread, like so many of my plants from last spring/summer, and begin again!

Actually I probably should rename this blog "Peri's (and her SO's) Garden Blog!"

He has already kicked off the growing season with planting a few potatoes in pots as well as trying to trim and save some of our herbs. We had planned on a plot of land in my side yard on a much grander scale but I think pots on the porch will suffice for our gardening needs for one more year.

For Easter his mom gave us six pepper seedlings (4 hot and two sweet) and he planted them today, with my our cat Ori supervising and generally getting in trouble. Pictures to follow. We had planned to do a lot of cutting back before spring really sprung but life seems to have marched on without telling us.

Pictures soon to follow and hopefully a few seasons of crazy antics with some yummy/pretty growing things!

Oooh sweet peppers? Those sound like they'd be really good!

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
Oooh sweet peppers? Those sound like they'd be really good!

I may be wrong, but I believe that green peppers are one of those plants that you can start from grocery store produce.  Pull out the seed cone in the middle, and brush the seeds onto a paper towel.  Allow to dry, then plant in seedling pots (you can use empty eggshells instead - they'll break down when you transplant the baby plants outside.)

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2016, 07:39:36 PM »
I may be wrong, but I believe that green peppers are one of those plants that you can start from grocery store produce.  Pull out the seed cone in the middle, and brush the seeds onto a paper towel.  Allow to dry, then plant in seedling pots (you can use empty eggshells instead - they'll break down when you transplant the baby plants outside.)

That's a great idea. I shouldn't tell my SO about that trick though... he will be too excited about it. *shows him anyway* ^_^

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2016, 08:44:01 PM »
I have a pretty purple iris blooming!!!

*is still too bogged down for pictures* It was a beautiful surprise when I went out back to take the trash out today! ^_^