MARVEL UNIVERSE - mundane heroes interest check - Freeform

Started by SpiralSpider, January 21, 2014, 10:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSpider

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 31, 2014, 07:50:14 PM
Two people with the shock glove tool?
Ah! Apologies - I totally misread what she wrote.

Yasarra Can we use something instead of those gloves in particular?
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

yasarra

Certainly.  I'll find something that works other than shock gloves.

SpiralSpider

yasarra

Perhaps a minor modification of Black Widow's wrist mounted tear gas canisters?  I'm thinking maybe tranquilizer darts instead.

SpiralSpider

yasarra

I'll go with that, then. :)  I should have my character to you for review in the next couple of hours.

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Kokaine

I may be going with a techie/hacker chick... still thinking it over a bit.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Raen234

Sounds like there might be takers but will people join us :)
Wheaton's Law - Dont be a dick My O/Os

apygoos

not sure if id join its JUST yet [pretty packed on RPs right now]
but is Falcon (Sam Wilson) a valid option?

Lilmisfit

Raen234

Nice to see some activity, i really didnt want to throw in my postings until more people were getting involved, since it is a cool idea and there should easily be a bunch of takers.

Quote from: apygoos on February 05, 2014, 04:38:14 PM
not sure if id join its JUST yet [pretty packed on RPs right now]
but is Falcon (Sam Wilson) a valid option?

The main character is supposed to be one of your own creation, trying to keep what is the marvel theme of flawed and often underpowered  scrappers trying to take on things outside their league.  But im sure She would let you play Falcon as one of the extra characters as well.

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Raen234 on February 12, 2014, 10:47:27 PM

The main character is supposed to be one of your own creation, trying to keep what is the marvel theme of flawed and often underpowered  scrappers trying to take on things outside their league.  But im sure She would let you play Falcon as one of the extra characters as well.

Yes, Raen is right. Any canon characters are welcomed after your first OC. Thanks!

Kimera

Kimera

Toying around with a girl able to morph into an abominal shape....or the other way around ^^

WIP

Character Name: Tyranna
General Description:
Personality:
Brief History:
Social Ties: -
Abilities and Items:
Weaknesses:

SpiralSpider

Hy, Kimera.

All the OCs starting out in the game originally are regular humans. Super abilities can be granted later in the game, but for now think "normal" human abilities - perhaps at their max potential in a few areas.

You could play someone with a shapeshifting ability now only if it was tied to an item somehow. (The first thing that comes to mind for me is Ben 10) For instance, my character has a magic flute that allows her to link with animals.

Kimera

Ah ok, missed that in the original post.

Let me think for a moment. What if she was a hybrid. Her alien heritage is still dormant, so she's a normal human at this point and unlocks it later in game.

If it has to be equipment linked, I could think of something in those terms as well.

SpiralSpider

Sorry, I want just regular old humans for the game. It's what we have so far and it wouldn't be fair to the other players to allow an exception now.

Kimera

Well I'm not entirely sure I want to do the Ben 10 thing, so might do something completely different then.

Raen234

There are a lot of ways to take it. If you want the transforming piece, go with something like magical amulet. There is certainly a lot of magic in the Marvel Universe. Heck i know of a character in marvel (minor character) who pretty much hulks out and loses control of himself if he doesnt have the amulet.

You could always do something along the lines of an amulet, but like a drawback could be something like the longer you use it in a go the less control you have over yourself, to the point where eventually someone might have to knock you out to keep it under control. You could have a curse or something to keep it in your possession or bad things happen, or any number of things. If you want the transforming character, just work with it and find a way to make it work.

It seems like the goal here is to keep characters fairly grounded in humanity, and to keep them grounded as far more flawed and less than godlike. Remember Marvel is more humans trying to deal with god problems. :P