You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 22, 2018, 04:18:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Coming Back To Life  (Read 17071 times)

Offline wolventearsTopic starter

Re: Coming Back To Life
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
You know, I've come a long ways from what happened to me, but this is a sad time for the city I live in. I'm sure you heard, but there was a mass shooting out on the strip in Las Vegas by the Mandalay Bay this last Sunday night. People died and more were injured. And as of today, quite a few have died during surgery.

I like to say that I am happy to be alive, but this world we live in fucking sucks. There is so much hate, so much violence and instead of stop it, all we can fucking do is fight with each other about it.

It's a sad world we live in and I almost want to say that I wish I hadn't survived...

Donating to those in need helps, but only so much. Something big needs to be done and people like me, as much of us as there are, it won't be enough. It never will be.

If I'm completely in the wrong, please let me know and tell me what can be done differently because if that is the case, it needs to be heard. It needs to happen and it needs to start now.

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• Snarky Bastard | Loyal Friend | Video Gamer
  • Isolation
  • Enchanter
  • Join the Snark Side. We Have Cookies. And Snark.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2017, 05:06:27 AM »
You know, I've come a long ways from what happened to me, but this is a sad time for the city I live in. I'm sure you heard, but there was a mass shooting out on the strip in Las Vegas by the Mandalay Bay this last Sunday night. People died and more were injured. And as of today, quite a few have died during surgery.

I like to say that I am happy to be alive, but this world we live in fucking sucks. There is so much hate, so much violence and instead of stop it, all we can fucking do is fight with each other about it.

It's a sad world we live in and I almost want to say that I wish I hadn't survived...

Donating to those in need helps, but only so much. Something big needs to be done and people like me, as much of us as there are, it won't be enough. It never will be.

If I'm completely in the wrong, please let me know and tell me what can be done differently because if that is the case, it needs to be heard. It needs to happen and it needs to start now.

I completely agree with you. I heard about the shooting and was dumbfounded. Then I heard the guy was in his 60s and I'm like "What the fuck drives someone that old to madness like this?"

I know age isn't really a factor, but it really sickens me that something like this can happen at all, let alone by someone old enough to be my grandfather..

« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2017, 11:44:38 PM »
So I love hockey and this season, Vegas got it's very first team. And this team has made me so proud to be a hockey fan.

In spite of the horrific massacre of last Sunday, we have found ourselves standing together as a city. We are Vegas strong. Let's go Knights!

« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2017, 01:05:43 AM »
So today, I'm heading to kickboxing and a lady pulls out of a gas station, shoots two lanes through traffic and right into me. I'm fine, but she hit me so hard, my car is in the shop.

I was pissed at first, but then I started experiencing some feelings I can't even explain. I don't remember the accident, but I think this, once the anger died down, brought some things to the surface and I nearly had a panic attack in the parking lot we had managed to get into after she hit me.

Luckily my husband got there when he did or I would have fucking lost it.

My right fender, headlight, mirror and wheels need to be replaced. My steering rack is crumpled and will need to be replaced. My beautiful baby is hurting. I just hope I get her back soon.

I am so fucking thankful that I don't remember the accident or this could have been bad. But I am in bed right now and just woke up, nearly hyperventilating. I think I'm having nightmares but I couldn't tell you if I am. I haven't remembered a dream since and I think because of the brain injury.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:10:38 AM by wolventears »

Offline Oreo

• Centurion ~Clotho~ ~ALWAYS HUGGABLE~ Doddering Ailurophile ^_^
  • Goddess
  • Carnite
  • You little rebel...I like you.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2017, 01:08:36 AM »
*hugs so tight* I cannot even imagine how traumatic that must have been after everything you have already been through. Breathe deep and know it is over and all that is hurt is the car.