* Given Name: Annabella Swanson
* Nicknames: Gamer Girl, D & D GM of Doom
* Gender: Female
- Age: 27
- Height: 5 foot 3 inches
- Weight: 150 pounds
- Hair Color/Style: (See pic.)
- Eye Color: Mismatched eyes. Left is blood red while the right is sky blue.
- Makeup: She doesn't wear makeup anymore.
- Clothing: She used to be into semi revealing outfits that would show off her body without going into rude or obscene territory but now she's far more conservative and covers up far more than she used to. Long pants, long sleeve shirts, etc.
- Jewelry: Used to have a metal piercing in her tongue but had it removed. Otherwise she still wears the occasional hoop earring and her class ring from New York Art Institute.
* Race: Human
* Physical Abilities/Limitations: Before her incident that had forced her to move to the city that would disappear off the face of the map, Annabella or Anna as she was more commonly called used to be a bit overweight. She was a gamer first and foremost growing up and had always wanted to make her own games both computer and otherwise growing up. Her mind is sharp and despite being overweight at the time, her reflexes were even sharper, always had been. She used to go out for soccer and Kung Fu classes growing up until she hit high school, but then her parents split up and the classes and soccer went with her mom. Still, she wasn't overly upset at the breakup itself since her mother wasn't exactly mom of the year material, just that most of her old friends were also into the same things she'd been in so having to move away from all that had taken its toll on her physical health and emotional well-being for a while. Even so, Anna recovered enough to get through the rest of her years of high school and graduated at the top of her class. Art had always been her strong suit regardless and fantasy in general another passion of hers, always eager for the newest Dungeons and Dragons material she could get her hands on. During her college years she earned quite a name for herself as a challenging GM Mistress, often with jokes being thrown around that she was the GM of Doom since few ever survived her mentally taxing puzzles she threw into each and every dungeon she created, sometimes taking said puzzles from books or games she had either read or played recently and adding her own twist to them.
While there is little chance of her actually making the traps herself or anything close to them, drawing them out is a whole other ball game. Planning and sketching designs for medieval styled booby traps and the like for her dungeons she ran before having to run for the hills was more of a hobby than anything, but it was still quite fun all the same. Castle siege scenarios, raiding tactics, boss battle fights of various design; ask and she's probably at least thought of it at some point if nothing else. She still retains the knowledge of her kung fu classes but not the body to keep up with more experienced or in fit opponents, at least not these days. Given enough time she could easily get back into the swing of things but it'd take someone of considerable patience to manage it.
Personality; Before the incident, Anna was the social butterfly and everyone's friend in general, although she wasn't loose or wanton by nature. She just liked people and was very trusting despite a somewhat rough childhood with her mom and father getting a divorce when she was 12. There was no way she was going to go with her mom and her dad wasn't about to let her go so despite having to move away from everything she knew save for the fact they at least stayed in New York, Anna was raised in the lap of luxury one could almost argue. Despite having an easier life than most she didn't let it get to her head....too much. In a way, the incident that changed her life leveled Anna's slowly spiraling life back on a better path than she had been on but the pain of it still remains to this day. Now she trusts very few people and has all but isolated herself from the world, only coming out to buy groceries or do other necessary things along those lines while vastly preferring to work from home now and keeping herself out of harm's way. Regardless of her fear of people in general, Anna still holds her curiosity and sharp mind and despite being an above average intellectual, she is also very open minded about some things such as mystical happenings although believing in them is another thing altogether these days. If classified with an alignment from her D & D days, she'd have been considered Chaotic Good. Even now despite being an emotional train wreck she'd still retain the same classification.
Background; She had been at the town before, to see her grandparents for a while shortly after her parents had gotten their divorce. Her father had wanted to go out of the city and seeing his parents, her grandparents had seemed like quite a good idea. They moved back to New York at the end of the summer, and while things were still a bit rough she never forgot the place which was small but quite welcoming to her and her dad. Every summer after that they went back until she turned 16 when her grandparents died of heart attacks at the same time. While statistically rare to have two heart attacks on the same day, the shock of seeing his wife of close to 50 years having a heart attack had sent her grand dad into a similar spiral. Thankfully a neighbor came later that day and while the news was quite saddening, at least they went together and they didn't suffer too long. Still, they left the house to their grand daughter and most of their possessions as well, having always favored Anna over any of their other grand children which were few and far between since she had come from a relatively small family. Everyone had been quite friendly and she had made a few friends while she had been there up until then. Still, all things had to come to an end and life rolled on until her 18th birthday. That was when everything changed for the worse.
Before, while slightly overweight for most of her life after her parents' divorce, Annabella had been the social butterfly and always active in many things during her high school and college days, as short lived as they'd prove to be. She wasn't exactly into the whole party scene but neither would she walk away from her friends if they needed a ride home or something so she normally went to parties and the like, mainly to serve as the designated driver if nothing else. She took the time to study using her laptop which held all of her notes and programs she used for her computer design classes and the like, and during those days was normally able to find a quiet spot where no one would bother her most of the time. A couple months after her 18th birthday though, she had started to see a guy who she had started to like. He was head of the basketball team and as these things sometimes happen, a few drinks and one thing leading to another found Anna in a situation she had absolutely no control over. She learned that her choice of boyfriend had an anger issue and didn't take being rejected well....at all. But instead of lashing out like most people would have he got clever and rooffied her drink. The next thing she knew she was sandwiched between him and one of his buddies. The pain alone was nearly enough to snap her sanity as she screamed bloody murder before feeling her rapist ex boyfriend backhand her into unconsciousness once more. Thankfully one of her friends had heard her and immediately got the cops to come out after all but knocking down the door to the bedroom she was locked in with the two drunken assholes. Having found a baseball bat, her friend proceeded to beat the living shit out of both of them before carrying Anna to safety. The party was officially over when word got out about what happened.
The damage had been done however and Anna was never the same again. She still has nightmares about that night, mostly a drugged blur but it's more than enough to keep her up at night most days. She promptly arranged to move into her grandparents' home back in the town and hasn't been back to New York since. Her father calls her regularly and some of her friends still come out when they can but they have started lives of their own while Annabella has all but grown stagnate save for her work she does over the internet since she is almost too afraid now to go outside anymore after everything she had gone through. The two that had done what they did to her are still rotting in prison last she had heard anything about them.
* Class: Upper Middle Class. Would likely work towards being a monk.
* Religion: Former Christian
* Place of Birth: New York, New York. Upper East Side.
Inventory; Other than her cellphone, laptop computer which rarely leaves the house, charger, purse full of her ID and credit cards and other essentials and the like, Anna doesn't carry much out of the usual except a taser and a bottle of pepper spray. Being date raped doesn't exactly allow one to go outside the house unprepared if one's gotten paranoid enough as she has.
* Weapons: Other than a taser and a can of pepper spray, she carries nothing to defend herself. She has some basic kung fu but is really out of shape and hasn't practiced for years.
* Misc; Has a wide array of fantasy and computer games, books, movies and other media as well as hand drawn sketches of her old dungeons she used to run. She did however toss her D & D book called the Book of Erotic Fantasy given what happened to her, or so she thinks anyway since by happy chance alone it wound up in a box up in the attic of her house. Given it once was one of her favorite rule sets with her own blend added to the lot so they weren't half broken as they were by themselves or too overpowered as was the case with some of the stuff in the book, if found she might be quite grateful if the timing is right of course.