You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 02:13:29 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic.  (Read 24335 times)

Offline Ryven

• Keeper of Cowthulhu | Pure Awesomenesity
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • The night's pleasure follows in my footsteps
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic.
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
I've joined it, but I have yet to talk to anyone on it.  No one seems to be on. :-(

Offline Observing Trifles

« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2012, 03:20:41 AM »
I really wish I could get started on this. I received the collector's bundle as a birthday present last week, but I've had zero time to play it. ;---;

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2012, 06:05:35 PM »
Six more days... I wanna play damns it.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
Bounty Hunter on Lord Aldraas.  Look for Zevram.  And no, I am not joining any guilds at the moment.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
Sith Warrior named Thu'um, on Lord Aldraas.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
I'm trying my best not to get addicted to it. But as a major star wars fan its kinda hard.
xD
As a result i'm now considering buying my own high spec PC rather than using my bf's so that I can play it more often~
Which is a bad state of affairs but hey-ho, its a damn good game and we all know it.

Offline ShamshielDF

« Reply #331 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
We spent ~$650 to upgrade Myrleena's PC to be able to play the game, and mine was upgraded a year ago (another $600 upgrade).  It's something of a cycle in our house, we upgrade each computer every other year with some minor updates in between.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
I'm trying my best not to get addicted to it. But as a major star wars fan its kinda hard.
xD
I hear ya...  I have too many games...  But I LOVE Star Wars.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »
@Sham: I'm looking at a similar amount of money to purchase a new computer. My bf's brother is gonna help me out since he's a major techie when it comes to this stuff. So yeah, I just worry about getting too enthralled by it. It's the first game I've actually bothered about on the Computer so it was just an opportunistic thing since my bf got the hardware. xD

@Chris: I'm a total nerd about it xD It's kinda sad really. Right now all I can think about is Star Wars. RPing it, Gaming it. <3 I love it wayyyy too much. Even kinda playing with the idea of growing a braid for my hair. My bf said it would look good on me when I put a fake one in to try it out.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »
I just built the new comp I'm on right now, I can run all my games on high or ultra with no effing lag...  I love it.  Star Wars and Skyrim right now are my addictions.  Started playing battle brawlers and team fortress 2 as well.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:10 AM »
I just built the new comp I'm on right now, I can run all my games on high or ultra with no effing lag...  I love it.  Star Wars and Skyrim right now are my addictions.  Started playing battle brawlers and team fortress 2 as well.
Thats what the BF has, everything plays like a dream. It's incredible.
I want one~ xD
I mean ffs i'm spending money on a subscription and only playing about 2 hours a day :l Pretty poor that. But it's worth it just for that xD

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »
I love this comp Keefie, I'm running all games on high or better... Game booster also makes a huge difference with games as well... I don't need it but I use it as well.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2012, 05:02:42 AM »
Well the one I'm getting should be similar. (It had better be for the amount of money I'm spending.)
I've pretty much decided to go ahead and get it since my father waved some PC-World Vouchers in my face that got me £50 off the same monitor my bf has. So I just gotta gather the money together and wait for my bf's brother to sort things out.
Unfortunately it means i'll have to get another copy of the game to install it on the new comp, wish there was a way around that but meh. In the grand scheme of things £40 isn't much, already saved that much and more yesterday. Hehe.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
I am still in so much love with my new comp.  Though the Solid State Drive is kind of losing its luster.

Offline ShamshielDF

« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:45 AM »
Errrr...I hope you don't mean that you are going to buy another copy.  I mean...you can download installer from the website once you log in.  When you buy the game you're really paying for the account, not the installation.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »
Errrr...I hope you don't mean that you are going to buy another copy.  I mean...you can download installer from the website once you log in.  When you buy the game you're really paying for the account, not the installation.

I knew it sounded stupid having to buy another copy!
Thanks for saving my neck there. I'm not the most technical minded of peeps when it comes to computing. I'm an electrician not an I.T. guy. Heh. I do very much appreciate you telling me that, makes life a lot easier and eases the pain in my wallet slightly.

On that note, Pumpkin, I'm delighted to inform you that I have no idea what a solid state drive is. But I'd love to find out.
(There's a reason why my future brother in law is doing all this for me xP)

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
All an SSD is, is a hard drive that has no moving parts.  A basic HDD (Hard Disk Drive) has discs, on top of each other and a little needle that hovers over them to read your information.  An SSD (Solid State Drive) uses microchips instead.  It's a bit more stable, meaning you can drop it on the floor and it won't break as easily.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2012, 01:34:38 PM »
Also supposed to go alot faster.  Which it does do that, but I can see a distinct slow down as I put more stuff on it...so need to learn to care for it better I guess. 

Offline Keefie

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
Ahhh, good good.
At least I've learnt something today. Two things actually. Thanks a lot guys.
I've sorted everything out for the computer so it's been ordered. Probably gonna be a while till it gets here though.
How's everyone doing vis-a-vie their adventures on TOR then? I'm having a blast I can say that much. Spent most of today messing about and helping out some random lower level guys. :D

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
Also supposed to go alot faster.  Which it does do that, but I can see a distinct slow down as I put more stuff on it...so need to learn to care for it better I guess. 

That does happen due to when you load something it does have an order process in which it has to shift through everything on the drive.  Though unlike HDD, it doesn't have to rev up to read the data on the drive, the SSD just in a sense bullets through all the files it has stored... Best thing to do is only put what you absolutely need to load up faster and keep everything on your HDD.

Offline ShamshielDF

« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
Of course, the critical down side to SSD vs HDD is cost.  Standard HDD is somewhere in the $.10-20/GB range.  SSD is closer to $2.00/GB.  That's the part that clinches it for me.  If you can afford even a modest SSD drive to install Star Wars on it will save you a lot of loading time.

For installing the game:  go to SWTOR.COM and click on Login (I don't know if the sites the same in Europe, but on the US site it's top right).  Once you've logged in normally click on "My Account" (again, top right).  This should take you to the Account Management page.  On the right hand side is a column with various links.  Click on Games (Download) and this should take you to a page with a link to download the game client, matching the version you purchased.  If you have CDs you can just install from those directly and then run the updates.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #346 on: February 29, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »
Of course, the critical down side to SSD vs HDD is cost.  Standard HDD is somewhere in the $.10-20/GB range.  SSD is closer to $2.00/GB.  That's the part that clinches it for me.  If you can afford even a modest SSD drive to install Star Wars on it will save you a lot of loading time.

For installing the game:  go to SWTOR.COM and click on Login (I don't know if the sites the same in Europe, but on the US site it's top right).  Once you've logged in normally click on "My Account" (again, top right).  This should take you to the Account Management page.  On the right hand side is a column with various links.  Click on Games (Download) and this should take you to a page with a link to download the game client, matching the version you purchased.  If you have CDs you can just install from those directly and then run the updates.

I'll make note of that. Thanks again. I guess my main worry was that it'd expect the product key which has obviously already been used but if it recognises that said product key is attatched to my account then i'm home free. I can't wait. Unlimited access to the game not just 2 hours if i'm lucky.

Offline ShamshielDF

« Reply #347 on: February 29, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »
It never asks for the key during installation ^_^  The key is attached to your login.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #348 on: February 29, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
Sweeeet.
Well that's good. Very good. I just dunno what to do with myself until the comp arrives. With luck I'll be able to find a decent Star Wars roleplay with which to pass the time.
Waiting for stuff is the worst. -3-

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #349 on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:38 PM »
Sweeeet.
Well that's good. Very good. I just dunno what to do with myself until the comp arrives. With luck I'll be able to find a decent Star Wars roleplay with which to pass the time.
Waiting for stuff is the worst. -3-

steam has both kotor and kotor 2, now if you are looking on elli for a game.. I'm not sure.