You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:50:38 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: I really don't know what to say to this...but I think Farnsworth sums it up nice  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Violence

• Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the foot of a two faced God straddling the border of Nightmares and Dreams.
  • I want a girl in pointe shoes and a collar.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
There's a chance that I'm entirely wrong on this account...  But, as I understand the Nobel Prize isn't handed out in the same way as the Emmys or something.  It's not decided based on "who deserves it more" or "who's past actions are deserving of recognition" but on "who will make best use of this money".  That's why they don't give the prize posthumously.

So when they gave the prize to Al Gore or the organization of which he was part, they didn't do so as a snub to her.  They did so because there was still work to be done in his field.  Meanwhile, there probably wasn't a whole lot of smuggling still required to get children out of Nazi Germany in 2005.

While it is tragic that she wasn't honored for what she'd done, that's not really what the Nobel Prize is about.  Like I said, at least as I understand the prize.