Here's my personal opinion to this item,
If we would to just "adapt" to the situation at hand and not battle it, it would effectively allow the situation to escalate, From my perspective, it would cause:
- Polar ice caps to totally melt, raising water levels unacceptably.
- Winter would no longer be possible due to heat, allowing insects to populate uncontrollably.
- More violent storms due to higher energy waters due to the warmth.
- Make summers hotter, causing people heatstroke and inability to work due to heat levels, potentially causing more heat-related deaths.
- And finally (fatally): Turn our environment into that of Venus', effectively making the planet uninhabitable due to the carbon-di/monoxide in the atmosphere.
Why not instead of requiring one or the other, combine the ideas, adapt AND battle? It will provide for jobs, and most importantly, allow for the long-life of the planet.
Unless resolved, the result of this issue will not be political, it will be fatal to the entire planet, Not just humans. You must think longterm. not just shortterm. This idea of adaptation would work shortterm, but it would eventually cease to work.