Heroes of SandpointIntroduction
I'm proposing a game set in and around the town of Sandpoint detailed in the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. This game will not
follow that Adventure Path, though I will be using some of the encounters. The overall focus of the game is more about character personality and relationship development and less about mechanical power progression. Think of it as small-town slice-of-life or high-school type of game in a fantasy setting. That means lots of drama and inter-personal conflict and character goals focused on local recognition and achievement. Not that there won't be combat and high adventure. There will be plenty of that. I'm making this extreme because ogres, worgs, plant-monsters, or worse might molest your character in certain circumstances. Or not.
I'm hoping to balance the game as a combination of quest and sandbox. All players have to like and/or trust each other well enough to work as a party when they're on a mission, but between missions each player is free to pursue personal interests. I hope for something like two months (real-world time) on party adventures, followed by a couple months (real-world time) of sandbox play. This isn't a firm schedule, but I'm hoping the NPCs and local color will draw enough player interest to make this mix sustainable.
Post character concepts here, or feel free to PM/IM me with your ideas.
More to follow...Game ElluikiHeroes of SandpointPeople and places of SandpointRulesCharacter Creation:House rules:
(Links below in links section)
- E6 rules. Your character will never advance past 6th level, though she will certainly gain reputation, skills, and powers in other ways.
- Players roll all the dice. When I introduce combat encounters, I will give a brief summary of Defense and Offense DC's and damage potential. If your attack exceeds/matches the creature's defence DC, you hit. If your defensive roll exceeds/matches the creature's attack DC, it missed. When you make a combat post, you'll roll everything for your turn using the Elliquiy Dice Bot (Send the roll to me please. Send To: userid=22051) and post the turn in narrative style.
- Raising The Stakes. Want to try something dramatic and awesome with that attack or skill check? Propose a bet to me in the OoC thread, and I'll either tell you to roll or decline your proposal with a 'no bet'.
- I'll be using the optional reputation system from the d20 SRD. This will work almost entirely behind the scenes, but as your character's reputation grows, many doors will open and certain tasks might become easier.
- I will award experience at a glacial pace. The game focus is highly skewed toward character development in areas other than raw power.
- External Links
- Out of character Threads
- Game Threads
Use the following template when you request access. Personality
are the most important aspects for now, but eventually you should make a full character sheet on plothook.net
Character portraits are optional. If you do not wish to include yours, remove the second half of the first line, starting with [float. Keep the hr tag in the sheet.
[font=georgia][size=12pt][i]ENTER CHARACTER NAME HERE[/i][/size][/font][hr][floatright][img height=300]http://ENTER URL OF IMAGE HERE.jpg[/img][/floatright]
[b]Class and Level[/b]: