Honua - Rehabilitation Resort [Recruitment Thread] Modern BDSM - LGBTQ+ Friendly

Started by PeachyPie, August 06, 2022, 02:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clio

Haha. I appreciate it, though. Maybe the rules have changed now, but I know that for a while they were asking that pictures be uploaded to the wiki, so that's where I'm hosting mine. Love all the fancy CSs though. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Totoro

Quote from: Clio on August 18, 2022, 04:06:40 PM
Haha. I appreciate it, though. Maybe the rules have changed now, but I know that for a while they were asking that pictures be uploaded to the wiki, so that's where I'm hosting mine. Love all the fancy CSs though. :)

Lots of people use Imgur and all sorts of hosting, but the wiki works fine!

Rezn

Quote from: Clio on August 18, 2022, 04:06:40 PM

I personally use nickpic. Have used it for years tbh.

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

PeachyPie

I appreciate everyone who's shown interest in this, whether you've joined or not. Your enthusiasm and positive feedback make my effort feel worth it. So, thank you!

Now, on to business. I'll be kicking off the game sometime this weekend with a welcome event. For everyone who's already sent in a CS, you're all amazing! For those of you who haven't, there's still plenty of time. Recruitment will be ongoing, and new characters are free to join in the Welcome Event even after it's been kicked off IC.

If you know you're wanting to be a part of that but just haven't had time to submit a CS, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know, just so I have a better idea for numbers. But there's no obligation.

And, of course, I plan to keep recruitment open for a long time, so if you don't want to join now, hopefully we can entice you later.

PeachyPie

Game is officially started. For anyone who's sent in their CS but isn't in the Discord server or watching the OOC thread, the Welcome Event is here.

And if anyone else is still thinking of sending in a CS, we're definitely still recruiting, so we'd love to have you!

Dashenka

PeachyPie

Quote from: Dashenka on August 27, 2022, 10:30:00 AM
How does one join the discord? :)

I sent you the invite link a while ago, but I can DM you with it again if you need it. It's for people with approved characters only, so I don't want to post it here.

Dashenka

Oh I think I've missed it then :) I'll have a look at my messages.

firepyre

Hmm...

Would I be stepping on anyone's toes if I submitted a bush ranger character who primarily does more outdoorsy/survival type stuff?

I'm thinking his shtick is he'd be dropped off with a charge in the middle of nowhere, and they have to make their way back to the resort, survival style. He'd always be nearby, ready to help if needed... but always at a cost.

PeachyPie

Quote from: firepyre on August 29, 2022, 02:43:41 AM
Hmm...

Would I be stepping on anyone's toes if I submitted a bush ranger character who primarily does more outdoorsy/survival type stuff?

I'm thinking his shtick is he'd be dropped off with a charge in the middle of nowhere, and they have to make their way back to the resort, survival style. He'd always be nearby, ready to help if needed... but always at a cost.

The ranger thing is definitely a fun idea, and I don't think that'd be stepping on anyone's toes. But it sounds like you might be going for something a bit dub-con with him? Which isn't allowed. Anything sexual has to be 100% consensual.

firepyre

Yeah, I spent some time thinking about how to implement it overnight, and I definitely agree there's some concerns around the handling of consent. Which probably isn't helped by my usual tendencies to go for more dub/noncon games anyway.

The conclusion I came to, is that it'd be best framed as a sort of challenge, one that could be opted out of at any point(in which case someone from base comes and retrieves them?). Beat the game. Intended for stubborn individuals who like a challenge, since his role is basically to push them right to the brink, without them actually throwing in the towel. I was considering some kind of incentive for taking on the challenge to help with motivation, but I'm on the fence about just how ethical that would be. Bragging rights and challenging yourself ought to be enough, right?

Maybe he could be a new mentor to the island, and he can get some help in figuring out an ironing out any last kinks from the other mentors/graduates.

PeachyPie

Quote from: firepyre on August 30, 2022, 02:49:05 AM
Yeah, I spent some time thinking about how to implement it overnight, and I definitely agree there's some concerns around the handling of consent. Which probably isn't helped by my usual tendencies to go for more dub/noncon games anyway.

The conclusion I came to, is that it'd be best framed as a sort of challenge, one that could be opted out of at any point(in which case someone from base comes and retrieves them?). Beat the game. Intended for stubborn individuals who like a challenge, since his role is basically to push them right to the brink, without them actually throwing in the towel. I was considering some kind of incentive for taking on the challenge to help with motivation, but I'm on the fence about just how ethical that would be. Bragging rights and challenging yourself ought to be enough, right?

Maybe he could be a new mentor to the island, and he can get some help in figuring out an ironing out any last kinks from the other mentors/graduates.

Sorry for the slow response. It's been a busy week for me, and I'm struggling to keep up with everything!

Anyway, I think how you described it would be good, yeah.

Incentive could just be bragging rights and the confidence boost that someone is bound to get from accomplishing that kind of task. It doesn't need to be anything unethical.

The only thing I'd say right now is that I'm not sure if too many of our current charge characters would be up for taking on that particular kind of challenge. Although, I obviously don't speak for everyone, so maybe somebody would. But that's maybe something for you to consider before going through the trouble of making a CS.

But overall, it sounds like a fun idea, as long as everything is 100% consensual.

Clio

I think since it’s all about healing, my girl may not want to do the wilderness thing. It seems a bit trial by fire, vs. gentle domination. But she does love nature, so I suppose you never know.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Nowherewoman

My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0