Gotham City (Freeform DC Gotham) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, April 29, 2022, 02:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Rylin on May 06, 2022, 08:20:37 AM
Can’t speak for the crime families, but she’s always welcome to come have a drink with the bat boys. They could all use some new friends.

Well, with her anger problems she and Todd will have a 99% chance of getting into a fight..... Don't think she'd know any of them though, personally. They probably heard about a strange redheaded girl running around East End getting into fistfights with crooks though, so could be a good way to start the story with her. I'll hopefully have my sheet finished this weekend.

But the barebones of Natasa is she's a young adult who switches between underground fighting to make her money and running around East End working her anger out on street thugs. She's unskilled and rough around the edges and if weren't for the fact that she heals a hell of a lot faster than most people, she'd probably be crippled for life by now.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

JoanieSappho

I have an idea for a character, although I did realise that she'd effectively be a less fighty Daredevil-lite. More on the very good hearing, less on the ninja. Much more focused on gathering (also selling) information to and about the punchy people than actually being able to do much punching herself. Can hear conversations in the next building over, but anyone with a good punch or a dog whistle can knock her right out, although good luck sneaking up on her if you're not the Bat.

Totoro

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 09, 2022, 05:48:47 AM
I have an idea for a character, although I did realise that she'd effectively be a less fighty Daredevil-lite. More on the very good hearing, less on the ninja. Much more focused on gathering (also selling) information to and about the punchy people than actually being able to do much punching herself. Can hear conversations in the next building over, but anyone with a good punch or a dog whistle can knock her right out, although good luck sneaking up on her if you're not the Bat.

I like that! Sounds good to me. I thought about someone a lil Daredevil-esque myself at one point.

JoanieSappho

Great, I'll get started on the sheet, then. Was a little worried since the power is her main thing, but it's the one power and not directly offensive.

Totoro

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 09, 2022, 06:17:09 AM
Great, I'll get started on the sheet, then. Was a little worried since the power is her main thing, but it's the one power and not directly offensive.

I imagine the power's more difficult to use in noisy/crowded spaces. Like she can't sit outside a nightclub and sift through every conversation like Superman sometimes can, right? So it's got a flaw, there, but it's still useful and unique.

The spy angle is great, really, since we have a fair few vigilantes someone who can support them has lots of scope for connections.

ShadowFox89

I should ask, are you okay with digital art for faceclaims? I'm having a hard time finding a likeness for Natasa that I like.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Totoro

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on May 09, 2022, 07:07:55 AM
I should ask, are you okay with digital art for faceclaims? I'm having a hard time finding a likeness for Natasa that I like.

I would heavily prefer a real face. In my Ons/Offs in my signature there's a gallery with about 600 female faces, if that helps.

JoanieSappho

Nearly done, just gotta decide on theme song and I am slightly worried about 'Hell To Your Doorstep' being on the shortlist for that.

ShadowFox89

Sent my sheet in, hopefully didn't get anything wrong.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Totoro

This game is still actively recruiting. It's open to canon characters as well as OC's. All sorts of DC characters are welcome. A few options are listed below but there's lots of others who could be adapted to fit well.

Arsenal (Roy Harper)
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
Batwing (Lucas Fox)
Batwoman (Katherine Kane)
Bluebird (Harper Row)
Catwoman (Selina Kyle)
Cheshire (Jade Nguyen)
David Zavimbe
Demon's Daughter, The (Talia Al Ghul)
Flamebird (Bette Kane)
Ghost-Maker (Minkhoa Khan)
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
Harley Quinn (Harleen Quinzel)
Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
Jim Gordon
Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)
Madame Xanadu (Nimue Unwudu)
Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
Orphan (Cassandra Cain)
Orpheus (Gavin King)
Penny-Two (Julia Pennyworth)
Question, The (Renee Montoya)
Ratcatcher II (Cleo Cazo)
Ravager (Rose Wilson)
Red Robin (Tim Drake)
Robin (Damian Wayne)
Signal, The (Duke Thomas)
Wildcat (Ted Grant)

akirakaneda

I was reading in the lore that magics and superhumans are at a minimum in Gothan, right?