DC heroes/Nether's/Gotham by Gas Light inspiration

Started by BlackStone, June 10, 2021, 04:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

After watching the Nethers and getting a feel for how the movers and shakers in political power responded to it and having seen Gotham by Gas Light I was wondering about a DC inspired alternate canon of heroes in the Victorian Era.  My issue is I do not have the bandwidth to GM it by myself and would need assistance.   I do have a few ground rules for the game.

*No cosmic level heroes.  If someone takes a Kryptonian origin character their power levels are drastically reduced.   
*City scape type heroes where while they have an advantage over an ordinary human, would have issues if they had multiple humans working together to take them down

I want to create the feel and atmosphere in the Nethers where there is a secret war going on against the establishment, at the same time there are criminal elements nto standing still and taking advantage of the chaos to get what they can, and some group whose ambitions stretch beyond mere London.   

Not sure if I am explaining the concept right, hope I am.  I might even be open to Marvel/DC mix to this type of concept.  Unsure yet as this idea is in its early birth stages.   Hoping there is both player interest and one or more GM's to assist me.

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... definitely interested in taking part, possibly co-GMing. I actually tried Victorian DC once but I had the spark of the idea and rushed it out too early. So maybe having at least one other person to bounce things off of could work better.

Writersblockade

While I cannot GM, I would throw my hat in. I would like to make an early request to use Cyborg *smiles*
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Tinkertoy

I cannot offer co-GMing duties, but I can throw in a Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley PhD and a greenhouse packed full of delights.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

BlackStone

It would be a great character to see given women were only allowed to attend university in the last decade in Victorian England, which would make Ivy one of the first to endure the sexual discrimination as she plowed through academia.

Foxy I would love to have you, only concerned asking you might stretch you too thin is all.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: BlackStone on June 11, 2021, 11:10:34 PM
Foxy I would love to have you, only concerned asking you might stretch you too thin is all.

Well, my current ideas are all still idling at the starting line so I'm not really stretched at all.  :P

Also I got a Victorian Nocturna knocking around my noggin.

BlackStone

If you want to give it a go Foxy with me then I will post up recruitment thread tomorrow

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: BlackStone on June 13, 2021, 12:23:37 AM
If you want to give it a go Foxy with me then I will post up recruitment thread tomorrow

Sounds awesome! I'm pretty psyched!

BlackStone