Theme/Skin

Started by Sethren, October 22, 2023, 09:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

I know there is a lot of work in progress for the site...but...

Can we please ASAP get a dark skin/theme up? 

The white is blinding for those with eye sensitivity and migraines... 
                           I am accepting quilt commissions right now to make ends meet.

librafemmeboi

Yeah it really does hurt my eyes, especially that I'm used to having EVERYTHING in dark mode. Here's hoping God-Emperor Veks will bring our eyeballs salvation from blinding white light.

Sara Nilsson

If you are on PC, I can recommend Dark Reader plug in. RedPhoenix suggested it to me and it works great.

AutumnSun

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on October 22, 2023, 10:07:56 PMIf you are on PC, I can recommend Dark Reader plug in. RedPhoenix suggested it to me and it works great.
Thanks for the Dark Reader call-out.  Just installed that on Firefox and my eyes are much happier.  A good interim workaround.  Thanks to @RedPhoenix as well. :)

RedPhoenix

Well the @ feature works! You’re welcome lovely people!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

That One Guy

Please the dark theme?! Yes Dark reader helps, but it jacks other sites/stuff up too. Not a perfect solution. 

Lyrical

please for the love of all that's holy... can we install some of the Simplemachines Themes? (will they break the site or something? I just want some color schemes) 

This bright white is killing my eyeballs... I've been trying for months now but I just can't work with it.  I've tried the other suggested options but they all just fuck with other websites or other settings. Or they mean installing some rogue plug in into my browser.

Isn't this what the themes were built for? I miss our old light grey/ dull blue. It's one of the reasons that I started writing on this site.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes

RedPhoenix

Yeah browsing without dark mode is pretty unpleasant.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

kodiaku

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on October 22, 2023, 10:07:56 PMIf you are on PC, I can recommend Dark Reader plug in. RedPhoenix suggested it to me and it works great.
i know you posted this ages ago, but i was just looking for a good theme or plug-in for this exact problem and dark reader is PERFECT, so i just wanted to thank you for suggesting it!! 😍 absolute LIFE saver.

but yeah, in general i agree that it'd be nice to also have a selection of themes to choose from in the future, too!
majority weekend replies ❤
Plots&Characters (apr 21) | A&As (apr 21)
┐(´⏑`)┌

Lyrical

Quote from: kodiaku on February 18, 2024, 08:15:43 PMi know you posted this ages ago, but i was just looking for a good theme or plug-in for this exact problem and dark reader is PERFECT, so i just wanted to thank you for suggesting it!! 😍 absolute LIFE saver.

but yeah, in general i agree that it'd be nice to also have a selection of themes to choose from in the future, too!
Just remember to always read the fine print on those extensions. You are basically giving them full permission and access to all of your browsing data when you use it.
NOTE: If you are using Firefox, it has it's own built in "dark" theme under the settings that you can use and it does basically the same thing. It will mess up all websites just like the "Dark Reader" does but at least it belongs to Firefox and you're not giving a 3rd party unlimited access to all of your data.

Firefox = Go to Settings > General > then scroll down to:
Language and Appearance
Website appearance

There is also a section for "colors" under that where you can alter some of the basic colors used.

Amaris

Darkreader can be turned off and on per site.