🅹🆄🆂🆃🅸🅲🅴 🅻🅴🅰🅶🆄🅴 🅱🅴🆈🅾🅽🅳 ( Cyberpunk, Recruiting. 3/7 slots filled)

Started by JackTheTipper, February 22, 2024, 04:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheTipper

DC: Year 20XX (5 years following Batman Beyond)

Universe-12

Justice League Beyond is a freeform sandbox game set in the DC universe in 20XX, a few years following the events of  Batman Beyond. The game will allow players to write heroes, villains and neutral parties with original twists to fit them into this setting. There will be scope for a wide variety of content however the game is a sandbox and will be heavily player-driven. I will be looking to see players be very proactive with seeking connections and scenes, starting open scenes and trying their best to be active participants. The game will begin in March 20XX with elements inspired from the JLU and Batman Beyond episodes. Aside from Terry McGinnis, players are encouraged and allowed to create their own template for one of the legacy characters.

The status of the original Trinity.

Batman - Still Kickin'
Wonder Woman - Ascended to Godhood
Superman - Retired. Announced his successor. Playing golf and spending time with his wife.

The game will focus on the newly-established League , the way neutrals try to fit in and the conflict between the groups. The Trinity (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) will be an important role in the game, and yes Terry is the Batman here.

Player character - player character conflict will be encouraged but not forced.

The Core
Superman - [ME]
Batman - Terry McGinnis [KnowThySire]
Wonder woman - OPEN
Green Lantern - Deathnote
Flash - OPEN
Aquaman - Reserved
Original or Mantle - OPEN
Additional Leaguers - OPEN
This game is recruiting. Please post here to state interest or ask questions and send me CS's via PM.

Character Sheet
[floatright][img]picture goes here[/img][/floatright]

[b]Alias:[/b] Legacy or Original. What is your "Super" callsign.
[b]Alter Ego:[/b] ex) Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Dinah Lance.
[b]Affiliation:[/b] (Leaguer, Legion of Doom, Titan, Independent, what's your faction?)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Physical Description goes here. Height, Weight, any notable physical markers or
descriptors.
[b]Origin Story:[/b] Who is your character and what is their origin?
[b]Potential storyline(s):[/b] (what do you want to do with your character and who would you like to collaborate with?)
[b]Powers & Abilities:[/b]
[b]Ons & Offs:[/b] What kind of woman/man is your type? (I'll clothesline you if you say good personality)
[b]Played By:[/b]

The Green One

Oh this.... I like the possibilities... I think I'd go for eiter a Green Lantern or Flash, or maybe a Riddler or Joker if that's allowed.

Not available for new stories

Callie Del Noire

Rustic

Damn, one of my favourite series. I'm tentatively interested, and would likely seek out Batman/Terry if no one else is interested. I'm a big fan of Batman Beyond. Though it's been a bit since I've seen the series.

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 22, 2024, 09:27:37 AMCurious as to what god role Wonder Woman has ascended to. 
She's been promoted to Guardian of the Multiverse. She's essentially a herald to the Presence. She is the last check for multiverse level threats.

Callie Del Noire

JackTheTipper

VoluptuousVixen

Rel Mayer

VVitch

Potentially interested but I have a question,

"Superman - [Reserved]
Batman - Terry McGinnis [OPEN]
Wonder woman - OPEN
Green Lantern - OPEN
Flash - OPEN
Aquaman - OPEN
OC- OPEN"

Are these the only roles you're recruiting for, and are you only looking for a maximum of six writers (Not including yourself, I assume you plan to write Superman?). Are you open to pitches for heroes that aren't listed here e.g. a bat-person who is not Terry, or a version of Cyborg for example.

JackTheTipper

Quote from: VVitch on February 22, 2024, 02:32:13 PMPotentially interested but I have a question,

"Superman - [Reserved]
Batman - Terry McGinnis [OPEN]
Wonder woman - OPEN
Green Lantern - OPEN
Flash - OPEN
Aquaman - OPEN
OC- OPEN"

Are these the only roles you're recruiting for, and are you only looking for a maximum of six writers (Not including yourself, I assume you plan to write Superman?). Are you open to pitches for heroes that aren't listed here e.g. a bat-person who is not Terry, or a version of Cyborg for example.
Those are just the necessary roles that need to be filled first. I'm open to quality characters that fit the setting. The idea is that you're suppose to have a character assume the mantle of a preexisting legacy hero. 

JackTheTipper

KnowThySire

Fucking finally. I read this new 52 series years ago. I’m tentatively throwing my hat in because a long while has passed since my last group RP, but I’m game to play Terry McGinnis.
There can only be one king.

KnowThySire

JackTheTipper

Quote from: VoluptuousVixen on February 22, 2024, 01:14:51 PMIs Big Barda or Black Canary Open?
Big Barda maybe...but Dinah Lance is unlikely to be a hero because she'd be too old. You can do "a" Black Canary.

Rustic

KnowThySire can have Terry, I realistically don't have time for another game. If I do in the future I might do another character, maybe a bat family or something. But for now enjoy.

KnowThySire

Thanks, Rustic. Damian Wayne is in the Batman Beyond comics if that’s a choice for you further down the line.

indarkestknight

Tentatively interested in Kaldur'ahm with strong Young Justice influences as Aquaman's successor? I'd be open to talk with Jack about what he'd like to do with Mareena and/or Andy (or if someone would be interested in playing Mareena or Andy!).

KnowThySire

What should be the template for character sheets?

Also, a silly question, but since E's revamping I can't see a spot to bookmark threads. Any tip here would be appreciated.

JackTheTipper

JackTheTipper

To answer the question. We will accept additional leaguers outside the core 7, the core seven are just the foundation of the new League. We will recruit an original character to round out the core 7, however it will be decided by the core who they want to recruit at the start of the game. The core 7 are just the decision makers of the league, they're like a council if that make sense. 

KnowThySire

KnowThySire

Alias: Batman
Alter Ego: Terry McGinnis
Affiliation: Leaguer
Sex: Male
Appearance: Terry's boyish, teen charm had matured through his college years to that of a smoldering adult's. His hair kept to his sleek-styled black - length longer, crowning a sprouted, 6'2" frame built for combat. Eyes a crystal blue unlike his birth parents.
Origin Story: Meeting the fabled Bruce Wayne among a bunch of beat down Jokerz seemed like an eternity ago. To think, his life would forever be changed by taking up the old man's mantle as Batman to become Neo-Gotham's 'Batman of Tomorrow'. Terry found solace in the mask ever since his father's murder by Derek Powers, Bruce's former business partner & MIA supervillain; Blight. The tricky part was balancing his social life of his mother, little brother, girlfriend Dana Tan & best friend Max. Even moreso once in college. Terry had to ask Dana to agree to a break in order to let her focus on her studies better in Metropolis. Now graduated himself with a degree in business by some miracle, he's accepted the offer once given to him to become a full-time Justice League member where who knows what lies in store for him.
Potential storyline(s):
- Original Batman; Role-model, boss, surrogate father & possible biological father? The old man still kicking, Terry has the pleasure of Bruce's delightfully brooding mentorship every night.
- Original Superman; Terry remembers him recruiting him as a leaguer when a teen. Sad to see him retire. Occasionally, finds him convincing Bruce to be his golf partner.
Powers & Abilities: Street smarts, brawn & one heck of a state-of-the-art batsuit.
Ons & Offs: A woman who has an edge to her often catches Terry's vigilante eye. That's what drew him to Dana, Melanie Walker - or Ten - & even Max once or twice if it wasn't for their friendship. Perhaps, he's more alike Bruce than he'd like.
Played By: KnowThySire

(Terry approved & ready for action)

JackTheTipper

Alias: Superman
Alter Ego: Franklin Irons
Appearance: Franklin is a somewhat tall (6'4") man of Black American descent. He has the sharp looks of a polished business professional,well-kept and squared away, he's usually adorned in sharp corporate professional attire, he possess an intelligent laser-like stare and exterior befitting a man of steel.

Origin Story: Franklin is the grandson of none other than John Henry Irons. A confidant and fire forged friend of Clark Kent. He has no ancestral connection to Krypton, being born a native human earthling, however like much of the public, he harbored a fascination for the man of steel as well the culture of Krypton, his inquisitive nature coupled with his talents in bioengineering and proximity to Superman, lead him to engineering a sort "super serum" , enabling him to become a man of steel, much like his
grandfather, though in a very different sort of way.

Franklin works as an executive at AmerTek pharmaceuticals. He sits on the board, as director of public relations.

Potential storyline(s):
World's Finest - Superman / Batman introductory story.
New Trinity - Batman / Superman / Wonder Woman centered story.
Kingdom Come - New Superman / Old Superman story

Powers & Abilities: Due to creating and administering a "Super Serum", Franklin exhibits the full range of abilities of a fully powered Kryptonian. Laser beams, Super Strength, Speed, Ice Breath, X-ray Vision, all of the above. His powers are roughly equivalent to that of a younger Clark Kent.

Ons & Offs:  Franklin is a sucker for exotic styles in women. Anything out of the norm is something that draws his attention, whether it be eye, hair color or height. His tastes run the gamut. Sometimes you want Chinese,  Latin or Carribean, or maybe fusion.
Played By: Me

Deathnote

Is there any chance I could play a completely new Green Lantern or does he have to have been established for a while in order to be a part of the core 7?

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Deathnote on March 05, 2024, 09:31:54 PMIs there any chance I could play a completely new Green Lantern or does he have to have been established for a while in order to be a part of the core 7?
A new green lantern is fine.

Deathnote

Alias: Green Lantern
Alter Ego: Howard "Howie" Groote
Appearance: Standing at around 5'11" with black hair and dark brown eyes, Howie's almost always seen with his VR glasses on.  He normally wears casual clothes, preferring comfort over anything too business-like.

Origin Story: Howie was the nerdy, unpopular kid back in high school who used to be obsessed with becoming popular.  He's still drawn to the lime-light, but after finally hitting his growth spurt and graduating from high school, he put all of that behind him.  He decided to start working on himself and finding himself in college.

After graduating from college with a Computer Graphics degree, he accepted a job at a major company as a virtual reality game-designer.  While working there, he accidentally came across evidence that the tech being developed at this company was being used to commit a large variety of crimes.  He mustered the courage to become a whistle-blower, which unfortunately put a target on his back.  He was also essentially black-listed in the industry for this.  While initially discouraged, he pressed on and became an indie game-developer instead.

After the death of one of Sector 2814's Green Lanterns, the ring flew off in search of a new bearer.  The person that the ring had chosen was Howie Groote.  Howie recognized the Green Lantern ring, thanks to the Justice League's publicity and popularity, but has no idea why he was chosen to wield it.

Potential storyline(s):
- New Green Lantern Recruit - Howie just got his Green Lantern ring and is still learning how to use it.
- Hamilton Hill High - He was friends with Terry back in high school

Powers & Abilities: His Green Lantern Ring grants him a variety of abilities powered by willpower.  These abilities include the power to create green solid-light constructs, near-invulnerability, and flight.

Ons & Offs: Howie can be quite shallow as any woman with a pretty face would be enough to catch his attention, though he does seem to have a thing for red-heads.
Played By: Deathnote

JackTheTipper

Honestly. We only need a wonder woman to kick things off. A flash and aquaman would be nice but not having them isn't a dealbreaker.

KnowThySire

TheVillain

Following this and have something in mind, but would love to see some more female characters before committing.

Rough Idea Sketch - “Artiface”

Everyone knows that the Amazons are a race of warrior-women blessed by ancient gods, and for a long time they would traditionally claim that when they did get pregnant the child would always result in a girl. They were lying. It’s just that traditionally when an Amazon has a male child they’re supposed to throw it into the sea immediately. The good news is that the Sons of Themyscira were frequently instead traded to Hephaestus for arms and armor and they get to live a life as a workforce for Hephaestus’s Forges instead.

Times change, and the new goddess Diana has brought change to their society. Now the Amazons at least acknowledge that their sons exist and they have been allowed to settle a nearby volcanic island to continue their work. Erichthonius, or “Eric”, is a Son of Themyscira, and like many of his brothers an apprentice to the God of the Forge. Perhaps a little braver than most, he has requested from his God a greater challenge to his normal work.

Technically only Justice League support staff, codename Artiface may obviously have Amazon blood in his veins increasing his strength and durability but his real claim to fame is that he is a smith and maker of literally supernatural skill. Given time and resources he can create a seemingly endless array of weapons and gadgets, from simple swords and shields to superhero suits to even high-tech communication devices and computers. Much of that he can also impart with supernatural properties. A lightweight spun Kevlar-like fabric that can be woven into superhero costumes to make them bulletproof, baterangs that are not only perfectly balanced but can even bypass magical defenses, justice league communicators that utilize magic to counter EM scramblers - Artiface lives for the Challenge.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Crensler

Hello!  Kind of interested in this, was wondering if you'd take a Tamaranean who, having heard so much about Earth from stories told by a certain princess upon her return, decides to head there and see what it's all about?  And accidentally joins the Justice League, because of course, lol

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Crensler on March 16, 2024, 04:30:08 PMHello!  Kind of interested in this, was wondering if you'd take a Tamaranean who, having heard so much about Earth from stories told by a certain princess upon her return, decides to head there and see what it's all about?  And accidentally joins the Justice League, because of course, lol
Of course.

Crensler

Lyrical

Quote from: KnowThySire on March 11, 2024, 09:58:38 PM*lights the wonder woman signal*
Are you playing WW?

A sort of cyberpunk future version of the Justice League sounds interesting.

Does this group still need a WW? I'd be interested if she's still needed.

What will the posting rate be like for this group? I generally prefer fast paced groups with multiple posts per scene per week.

KnowThySire

Quote from: Lyrical on March 23, 2024, 02:16:55 PMAre you playing WW?

A sort of cyberpunk future version of the Justice League sounds interesting.

Does this group still need a WW? I'd be interested if she's still needed.

What will the posting rate be like for this group? I generally prefer fast paced groups with multiple posts per scene per week.

Eureka, it works!

*hugs*

I'm Batman... Beyond.

Wonder Woman is available from what I can tell. I'm sure the group would love to have you. People's posting rates will likely vary.

Lyrical

Quote from: KnowThySire on March 27, 2024, 01:38:29 PMEureka, it works!

*hugs*

I'm Batman... Beyond.

Wonder Woman is available from what I can tell. I'm sure the group would love to have you. People's posting rates will likely vary.
Thank you for your reply.

But given that there's been no replies of any kind from the group OP I'm going to assume this group isn't happening and withdraw my interest.

Lila Lupin

So just to make sure I understand, the Wonder Woman for this story that would be played could be a new Themysciran?

Deathnote

Quote from: Lila Lupin on March 29, 2024, 05:14:10 PMSo just to make sure I understand, the Wonder Woman for this story that would be played could be a new Themysciran?

Based on what I've gathered, yes.  You just can't play as Diana.

Crensler

(Temporary, I'll fill in picture and stuff soon!)

Alias: Dawnfire
Alter Ego: Alisand’r/Alisa Anderson
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Origin Story: Who is your character and what is their origin?
Potential storyline(s): (what do you want to do with your character and who would you like to collaborate with?)
Powers & Abilities:
Tamaranean Physiology - Tamaraneans are a race of humanoid aliens with orange skin and emerald eyes with no pupils. They also possess red hair that, while flying, emits a visible glow that makes them appear like they are on fire.
Solar/Ultraviolet Metabolization - Tamaraneans can absorb and process solar radiation, which provides them incredible strength and vitality.
Flight - The absorption of solar radiation also allows them to defy gravity and fly without the need of artificial enhancements.
Interstellar Travel - Some Tamaraneans are powerful enough to travel across the depths of space at light speed, if they have enough solar radiation to subsist on at least.
Superhuman Durability - Tamaraneans, properly charged with solar radiation, are incredibly resistant to all forms of injury and abrasion.  Being able to survive in the cold vacuum of space, resist the surface heat of stars and travel within reach of a black hole’s event horizon with little irritation are proof of this.
Superhuman Stamina - Tamaraneans are able to function for long periods without signs of tiring or being under any sort of strain when compared to humans, their ability to absorb solar radiation partially responsible for this phenomena.
Superhuman Speed - Tamaraneans are much faster than humans, though not at any level comparable to speedsters or the like.
Superhuman Agility - Thanks to their feline ancestry, Tamaraneans are incredibly agile and flexible, much to the delight of many.
Superhuman Reflexes - Tamaraneans are also possessed of amazing reflexes due to said ancestry.
Superhuman Strength - While not on the levels of higher forms of strength displayed by the likes of Superman and his peers, Tamaraneans are still incredibly physically powerful when compared to human beings, able to punch through plate steel and lift several tons with ease.
Tactile Linguistic Assimilation - All Tamaraneans are able to absorb the language knowledge of those they have direct skin to skin contact with, though the most efficient means of obtaining such information is lips to lips.  Because reasons.
Ons & Offs: What kind of woman/man is your type? (I'll clothesline you if you say good personality)
Played By: Crensler

JackTheTipper

Quote from: Crensler on April 12, 2024, 01:32:06 PM(Temporary, I'll fill in picture and stuff soon!)

Alias: Dawnfire
Alter Ego: Alisand’r/Alisa Anderson
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Origin Story: Who is your character and what is their origin?
Potential storyline(s): (what do you want to do with your character and who would you like to collaborate with?)
Powers & Abilities:
Tamaranean Physiology - Tamaraneans are a race of humanoid aliens with orange skin and emerald eyes with no pupils. They also possess red hair that, while flying, emits a visible glow that makes them appear like they are on fire.
Solar/Ultraviolet Metabolization - Tamaraneans can absorb and process solar radiation, which provides them incredible strength and vitality.
Flight - The absorption of solar radiation also allows them to defy gravity and fly without the need of artificial enhancements.
Interstellar Travel - Some Tamaraneans are powerful enough to travel across the depths of space at light speed, if they have enough solar radiation to subsist on at least.
Superhuman Durability - Tamaraneans, properly charged with solar radiation, are incredibly resistant to all forms of injury and abrasion.  Being able to survive in the cold vacuum of space, resist the surface heat of stars and travel within reach of a black hole’s event horizon with little irritation are proof of this.
Superhuman Stamina - Tamaraneans are able to function for long periods without signs of tiring or being under any sort of strain when compared to humans, their ability to absorb solar radiation partially responsible for this phenomena.
Superhuman Speed - Tamaraneans are much faster than humans, though not at any level comparable to speedsters or the like.
Superhuman Agility - Thanks to their feline ancestry, Tamaraneans are incredibly agile and flexible, much to the delight of many.
Superhuman Reflexes - Tamaraneans are also possessed of amazing reflexes due to said ancestry.
Superhuman Strength - While not on the levels of higher forms of strength displayed by the likes of Superman and his peers, Tamaraneans are still incredibly physically powerful when compared to human beings, able to punch through plate steel and lift several tons with ease.
Tactile Linguistic Assimilation - All Tamaraneans are able to absorb the language knowledge of those they have direct skin to skin contact with, though the most efficient means of obtaining such information is lips to lips.  Because reasons.
Ons & Offs: What kind of woman/man is your type? (I'll clothesline you if you say good personality)
Played By: Crensler

Approved