Horde of the Dragon Queen - OOC

Started by Lyku, October 05, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

I will be running Horde of the Dragon Queen.  This is primarily for newer players to learn the system and there are a few people interested.  Feel free to post your character concepts here and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  I do ask that questions here are connected to the campaign itself as we do have individuals looking to learn this system.  Please post when applying if you are new to the system or if you are experienced.

Thank you.

-Lyku
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Lyku

Please add character sheets to https://www.myth-weavers.com/.  Make an account if you do not have one.  Then please post the link to your character here.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Priapus89

Cool.

How do we go about making our character?

Vergil1989

I won't be able to do anything with this until tomorrow or this evening, after I get back from this game shop I was told about by a friend, but I can at least post a character concept easily enough.  I had a wood elf cleric I've used only once that I used to love.  She was heavily inspired by Inara Serra from the cult classic Firefly, (especially since I had gotten my hands on the Sacred Prostitute prestige class from The Book of Erotic Fantasy), but she was a cleric first and foremost, fighting for Corellon Larathian and Sune both.  The former more than the latter, but my point remains the same.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Lyku

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Please download the Basic Rules PDF.  This has races and classes for your character, along with the other basics.  For your stats, you can either use a 27 point by in (The cost for each stat is found at the beginning of the PDF, or you can assign the following stats any way you like (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lyku on October 05, 2017, 12:49:31 PM
I will be running Horde of the Dragon Queen.  This is primarily for newer players to learn the system and there are a few people interested.  Feel free to post your character concepts here and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  I do ask that questions here are connected to the campaign itself as we do have individuals looking to learn this system.  Please post when applying if you are new to the system or if you are experienced.

Thank you.

-Lykux

Always down for 5e! I've got experience in all non-4th iterations of D&D, and would be happy to help newcomers if need be.

Muse

Eomaer Lionblade

Character History

As a poor child growing up in Silverymoon, Jarek Marsk loved nothing more then his grandfather Eomaer's stories about his youth among the Black Lion Uthgardt, mighty and noble barbarians who's totem animal guided them along a more benevolent—if still primal—path than the other Uthgardt. 

In his teen years, being very poor--by Silverymoon standards!--rebellious, and envious of those with more wealth and fewer zits, Jarek got into some trouble with the law for theft.  After a little time in jail and some community service, Jarek was released into Eomaer's custody  Though Eomaer--was by now very old, he dragged Jarek out of the city by his ear to truly teach him the ways of the Utgardt.

It did wonders for Jarek. 

The clean air and exercise (along with coming into full manhood) cleared up his acne.  The brutal honesty of the wild lands cleaned up his sulky soul.  Clear mountain water washed away teen angst.  Jarek grew strong, rugged, and handsome, and began to develop the first hints of true wisdom. 

When Jarek was 20, old age finally caught up to Eomaer.  As the old man imparted a few final lessons to Jarek, he revealed that the descendents of the Uthgar had settled to a life of civilized farming and trading at Beorunna's well—the ancestral burial mound of their people.  Eomar also spoke of his own grandfather Eugthew. 

In battle with a great and terrible dragon known as Frost Razor, Eugthew's ax had shattered on the dragon's scales.  He was knocked across the dragon's horde by a casual swipe of the great white's tail.  As the dragon was slaughtering his fellows, Eugthew's hand closed around the hilt of a great blade of dwarf-forged steel.  As Eugthew staggered to his feet, he prayed to Uthgardt to give him strength, and a mark appeared upon the hilt of the blade—the claws of a lion. 

Eugthew leaped upon the dragon's back and buried the blessed blade in it's neck! 

That tale was the last one Eomaer ever shared with his grandson.  He passed from the realm of the living on the next dawn, but it was not his last lesson.  Jarek wrapped his grandfather's body in blankets, threw it across his back, and began a long trek to Beorunna's Well to bury him with his ancestors. 

It was a long and exhausting journey.  Jarek's resolve was stressed near to the limit by cold and fatigue.  After seven days, when the young man was barely able to think of anything but his mother's hearth in Silverymoon, a great black lion soared over the rise to assail him.  Jarek grabbed his grandfather's sword to defend himself.  The two battled for what felt like an eternity.  The lion's front paw raked deep gouges down his chest 

It was then the the fighting fury his grandfather had spoken of came ot him ofr the first time.  With the strength of a berserker, Jarek drove the sword into the lion's heart. 

Panting for breath, weak from his wounds, Jarek staggered to a spring too drink, wondering how he could possibly find the strength to go on. 

Seeing his reflection in the water, Jarek's eyes widened as he thought he saw his grandfather's face, sixty years younger, looking back at him. 

Five days later, clad in a black lion skin with claws around his neck on a chord and a draamtic scar on his bare chest Jarek reached the longhouses outside Beorunna's Well with his grandfather's frozen body over his back.  For a split second, he felt anger for these people having abandoned their ancient ways, but it passed as quickly as it came.  The civilized Black Lions came cautiously to him offering hospitality and succor.  When asked his name, it was not the word Jarek that passed his lips, but Eomaer.   He graciously accepted food, warmth, a bath and a shave, but found—with no real malice—that civilized comforts satisfied him quickly before he was ready to return to the wilderness. 

He offered three of his grandfather's stories to his hosts and a golden torque to show his thanks, and in the morning, carried his father to the Mound to bury. 

Eomaer sought the grave of Eugthew, meaning to pray in there, and found that the earth had been turned in recent months. 

Angered, he unearthed his great grandfather's bones.  They were disturged, his grave goods robbed, his dwarf-forged sword nowhere to be found. 

Eomar interned both of his ancestors with fresh prayers, then set out with his grandfather's sword to find the thieves. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Muse

For people makning characters, a few ways to start might be: 

Think about your favorite fantasy stories and say, "I want to play someone similar to ___." 

Alternatively, say: "I want to play a (fantasy race) who can do (1-3 things fantasy characters are good at.) 

Alternatively, you could grab a picture and or put together a little character history. 

We can point out races, classes, and backgrounds that might fit that.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Priapus89

I'll probably get a sheet up before I go to bed

persephone325

Oh, oops! I forgot to add in my interest post that I'm kind of a newbie.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Priapus89

persephone325

What version of sheet are we using on Mythweavers?

Also, are we sticking to the main races listed in the guide you linked? I assume so, because that would probably be easier for the new players? I have some experience with playing other races, which is why I ask. :-)
I don't know.

Muse

I like him, Priapus.  :)  I hope we don't wind up having too much in common. 

Your proficiency bonus at level one is +2.  Which skills did you wind up traing?  If he grew up among orcs, maybe he has the Outlander background?  (goes well with a bounty hunter?)  If he grew up in a human farming comunity, maybe... 

What's the fifth edtion Peasent Hero called?  *looks* 

Folk Hero! 

it's on 131 of the core book, but i'm not sure about the Basic Rules PDF. 

Edit:  Folk Hero is on Page 39 of the Basic Rules PDF. 

(And wow, I'd forgotten exaclty how little was included in there!) 

Outlander isn't in there. If you want the information for that background, let me know and I'll get it to you. 

Persephone, use the Dungeons and Dragons 5E sheet.  :)  I dont know that it exists on myth weavers old sheets system. 

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 05, 2017, 10:27:38 PM
Persephone, use the Dungeons and Dragons 5E sheet.  :)  I dont know that it exists on myth weavers old sheets system. 

Merci!
I don't know.

ZameRagues

- Experienced Player Submission -

Physical Details: Rava Fire, Female, 35, 6'2", 180lbs. Paladin Lv1.
Statistics: STR 16 (+3). DEX 8 (-1). CON 14 (+2). INT 10 (0). WIS 12 (+1). CHA 14 (+2).
Backstory: Will write later.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

I actually found a sheet for a character I never got to use.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=651820

I know I'll probably need to make some changes to numbers and such, but I'm thinking this will be my character.

EDIT: Ah, hell. Just saw there's no Druid option. Hmm...
I don't know.

ZameRagues

There is no druid option on the basic rules, but I can help you make a druid using the normal Player's Handbook if you'd like.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Muse

Unless Lyku says wer'e forbidden to use the core book--in which case I, too, will need a competely diferent character--then I can provide the information you need to play a druid. 

Given that all three concept ssubmited so far are mucle types, a druid would be really nice! 

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 12:54:24 AM
There is no druid option on the basic rules, but I can help you make a druid using the normal Player's Handbook if you'd like.

How hard would that be? For both of us, I mean?

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 12:56:41 AM
Unless Lyku says wer'e forbidden to use the core book--in which case I, too, will need a competely diferent character--then I can provide the information you need to play a druid. 

Given that all three concept ssubmited so far are mucle types, a druid would be really nice! 

Yeah, I'm not really the "muscles and fighting" type. I love magic and stuff. ^^
I don't know.

ZameRagues

I would also need to change my submission since Paladin isn't in the basic rule book

Quote from: persephone325 on October 06, 2017, 12:58:16 AM
How hard would that be? For both of us, I mean?

Wouldn't be difficult, I'd just post all the information for a level 1 Druid that is from the Phb (Player's Hand Book)

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Muse

Me too, but i was quite enamore d of thisconcept. 

It looks like when you made those abiltiy scores, your DM wanted you to roll dice. 

The first big change would be, then, to switch to the standard point buy. 

When you do get physical, do you cast a spell to enchant your staff?  Or jsut stay fast on your feet to take a few strikes with a light weapon before you can get bakc to casting spells? 

Either way, this might be a good point spread.  ([size=0px]15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8)[/size]

[size=0px]Str 8[/size]
[size=0px]Dex 14+2=16[/size]
[size=0px]Con 12[/size]
[size=0px]Int 10[/size]
[size=0px]Wis 15+1[/size]
[size=0px]Chrs 13[/size]

If you're going to make use of the Shilelagh cantrip, you could priortise constituion or one of the mental ability scores over dexterity.  :) 

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 01:00:52 AM
Wouldn't be difficult, I'd just post all the information for a level 1 Druid that is from the Phb (Player's Hand Book)

Awesome. ^^ Muse's ability layout suggestion would be good, then?

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 01:03:48 AM
Me too, but i was quite enamore d of thisconcept. 

It looks like when you made those abiltiy scores, your DM wanted you to roll dice. 

The first big change would be, then, to switch to the standard point buy. 

When you do get physical, do you cast a spell to enchant your staff?  Or jsut stay fast on your feet to take a few strikes with a light weapon before you can get bakc to casting spells? 

Either way, this might be a good point spread.  ([size=0px]15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8)[/size]

[size=0px]Str 8[/size]
[size=0px]Dex 14+2=16[/size]
[size=0px]Con 12[/size]
[size=0px]Int 10[/size]
[size=0px]Wis 15+1[/size]
[size=0px]Chrs 13[/size]

If you're going to make use of the Shilelagh cantrip, you could priortise constituion or one of the mental ability scores over dexterity.  :) 

Yeah. This was an old sheet. I knew I needed to change the ability scores. lol I just wanted to show what I had. :-)
I don't know.

ZameRagues

It really depends on rather you want to play a Druid that focuses on Wild Shape or focuses on casting spells.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 01:20:36 AM
It really depends on rather you want to play a Druid that focuses on Wild Shape or focuses on casting spells.

Hmm... I really don't know. I'm usually not an up front fighter; preferring to stay back and cast spell to help out my companions, with the occasional offensive spell (or weapon use) thrown in.

So, I guess that means I'm spell based?

EDIT: OH SHIT! Tieflings!! lol In the corebook you linked me.
I don't know.

ZameRagues

Str 8
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 13 or 10
Wis 15
Cha 13 or 10

I'd go with this, and choose an Elf with any of the Sub races (The sub race bonuses you get as well)

Elf +2 Dex
- High Elf +1 Int, 1 wizard Cantrip
- Wood Elf +1 Wis, Base speed is 35
- Drow +1 Cha, Drow Magic

Each one is fun I think. Wood Elf would make your spells a little stronger with a WIS 16, and a DEX 14 you'd be better at throwing weapons along with the +2 to AC.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 01:37:08 AM
Str 8
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 13 or 10
Wis 15
Cha 13 or 10

I'd go with this, and choose an Elf with any of the Sub races (The sub race bonuses you get as well)

Elf +2 Dex
- High Elf +1 Int, 1 wizard Cantrip
- Wood Elf +1 Wis, Base speed is 35
- Drow +1 Cha, Drow Magic

Each one is fun I think. Wood Elf would make your spells a little stronger with a WIS 16, and a DEX 14 you'd be better at throwing weapons along with the +2 to AC.

I'll go with Wood Elf.

And when you say "13 or 10", does it mean "if you pick 10 for this one, pick 13 for the other" and vice-versa?
I don't know.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

I don't know.

ZameRagues

It's what I'm here for.

Half the reason I chose to play paladin, to protect and help the newbies.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 01:45:17 AM
It's what I'm here for.

Half the reason I chose to play paladin, to protect and help the newbies.

An experienced player with a heart! How rare!! <3 lol

Seriously, though. I've been in a game or two where the more experienced players were like "Fuck you, noobies... Ruining everything."
I don't know.

ZameRagues

As a player/GM my philosophy is "Family first, then fun". So ragging on new playing for taking care of something outside of the game or for not knowing things is just not allowed.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 01:50:14 AM
As a player/GM my philosophy is "Family first, then fun". So ragging on new playing for taking care of something outside of the game or for not knowing things is just not allowed.

There need to be more GMs and players with that mindset.
I don't know.

ZameRagues

Quote from: persephone325 on October 06, 2017, 01:54:50 AM
There need to be more GMs and players with that mindset.
I agree. It's a game, not life.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 01:55:45 AM
I agree. It's a game, not life.

And it's supposed to be fun!! :D That's the whole reason people play. ^^
I don't know.

Dashenka

Just to let you all know I'm really game for this... Just at a bit of a loss as to where to start with the character sheet :D
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

ZameRagues

What kind of character do you want to play? A sneaky one? A knight in armor? Wild Magic user? A charismatic talker? Just come up with an idea of a kind of character you want to play then we can create a sheet from there.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

I'd like a bit of a rogue type. Slightly naive and childish but a good fighter.

ZameRagues

Which seems more appealing then? A Rogue who can sneak around, is good with skills and can deal a decent amount of damage or a Fighter who can usually hold their own in combat and can use a wider variety of methods to fight? Rogue or Fighter, which sounds interesting?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

Well rogue sounds more interesting but which is more noob friendly? :)

ZameRagues

With a good GM and help from other players, they both are. There is a little more to Rogue than Fighter, but I'm confident we can help.

Edit - Rogue is also the class I first played with back when I started Dnd
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

ZameRagues

Alright, Rogue it is. You'll be a Dex based fighter

There are a couple different styles of Rogues you can play. Dexterity is your main stat and what you will fight with. Would you prefer to play a smart investigative thief that can find traps and stealth around enemies, or more of a face who can lie to people can coerce them to your desire?

Stats so far
Str -
Dex 15
Con -
Int -
Wis -
Cha -

15 14 13 12 10 8
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dragongoddess

Could anyone give me a full list of classes available to play?  I'm familiar with some classes as I have played a bunch of RPGs but I want to have the full list to choose from.

ZameRagues

From the basic rules that Lyku has provided

Cleric
Fighter
Rogue
Wizard

The full list though from the full Player's Handbook

Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Sorcerer
Warlock
Wizard
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dragongoddess

Could you also tell me what each one does like whether they are magic users, dps (that's all I know what to call it), both, etc.?

ZameRagues

Barbarian
    A tank class that often wields large heavy hitting weapons, they have a lot of hit points and consistent physical damage. Rage is their primary resource, flying into a rage they deal more damage and become resistant to piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing damage. They are big health pools, with big weapons and often no armor.

Bard
    The charismatic support class with the power to hold their own. Weaving magic through story and song, they use a sharp wit and a sharp tongue to traverse the world. Inspiration is their resource, grant a bonus to their party members to try and aid their actions both in and out of combat. They are primarily caster of arcane magic.

Cleric
    An incredibly diverse class, they wield divine magic with a big weapon. Another tank they don heavy armor and deal just as much damage as they can heal through divinity. They are a melee class in armor that can use support, healing, and damaging magic. Their resource is Channel Divinity, it's effect varying from destroying the undead to granting knowledge and much more.

Druid
    Master of nature they use Wild Shape as their resource. Capable of transforming into beasts of many kinds they also wield divine magic. Harnessing both destructive and healing magic, they can also be on the front line with their beast shapes.

Fighter
    Thought of as a cookie cutter character, the fighter is your weapon in hand warrior. Though they can wield little magic later on, they can utilize nearly every weapon you can think of and can be the most diverse and well prepared non-magical damage dealer.

Monk
    A technician of the fist, the monk utilizes Ki points. A swift fighter known for landing multiple strikes in a single round and gaining magical abilities once you choose an archetype. They are nimble and present for damage.

Paladin
    This is the holy fighter. With god in hand they bare armor and shield supporting their comrades with a holy aura. They also utilize Channel Divinity much like the cleric. Divine magic at their back they call down the wrath of god with Smite as their resource.

Ranger
    Here is your nature loving warrior, either specializing in the hunt or befriending an animal ally, the Ranger is handy with blade or bow. They deal devastating physical damage with nature magic to back them up

Rogue
    The shadow walker, cut throat, pickpocket, assassin. This is the knife in the back, major damage in the correct circumstance sell sword. Wielding light and finesse weapons such as daggers and the rapier, they sneak through combat keeping an eye out for traps and locks. Sneak Attack is not a resource but their damage dealer.

Sorcerer
    All arcane magic comes from somewhere. The Sorcerer often finding it within with devastatingly glorious effect. Kept in the back line, they can obliterate the enemy with powerful arcane spells.

Warlock
    The arcane caster that has asked for help. They make a pact with a thing, not always knowing what or who, the Warlock draws it's power from a willing entity that has shared it's own power. Often wielding darker magic they can stand along side Sorcerers in power and position.

Wizard
    Here is the pure knowledge seeker, accruing spell after spell, they cast arcane magic from a tome. Utilizing material components they cast some of the most powerful spells in existence, at a price though, they must rely on their team to protect them so they can cast their devastating magic.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

SINless

Barbarian. In fifth edition, the ultimate tank as well as decent damage. Can from level three halve all incoming physical damage if you choose the right totem animal. (Bear, usually)
Bard. Jack of all trades, master of insults. Can do a bit of magic, a bit of stealth, and a bit of fighting. Is primarily good at buffing and debuffing.
Cleric. Depending on your god, either a healer, or a massive damage dealer. Sadly, everyone always expects you to heal.
Druid. Hippie, uncultured and not exactly the best at magic. Can use shapeshift at higher levels, which if used correctly, makes one virtually indestructable.
Fighter High DPS, or tankity tank. If you played WoW the warrior from there is basically what you're looking at.
Monk Martial Artist, think Jet Li or Jackie chan, mixed with every Bad american trope about eastern philosophy.
Paladin Knight in Shining armour, Vanquisher of evil, saviour of the innocent. Can deal more damage to evil people, can also heal a bit. Really good vs Demons and Undead.
Ranger Fancy being Robin Hood? This is your class. Tracking, survival and very good fighting skill. Can become extremely strong in their chosen environment and against a chosen enemy species/type.
Rogue Thieves, assassins con men. The rogue uses stealth and guile to defeat their foes. Can do massive damage if able to exploit weak points. Also good at finding traps and opening locks.
Sorcerer Want to cast magic without a cumbersome spellbook? Sorcerers have more powerful magical abilities, but a much lesser selection of spells, making them less versatile and adaptable than Wizards.
Warlock Casting magic while still wearing armour? Very high DPS, but some nasty drawbacks, also you need to honor a pact with a being, which might involve nasty stuff. (and I don't mean E-nasty. Although, if the DM is willing)
Wizard Battlefield controller? Uber DPS? debuffing your enemies? Wizard is the most versatile spellcaster. For uber goodness, become Elf, and max your dex as well as Int. Bladesingers can run into the frontline using magic and melee to wreak havoc on their enemy. If the Eladrin elf (DMG) is allowed, your party no longer needs tanks.

Lyku

I apologize I haven't been able to check this much as my home time was busy yesterday.  I saw some posts and wished to make sure to clarify some information.

First off, just for interested parties, this is not the recruitment thread.  The original recruitment thread was Priapus89's thread of DND for Noobs (Like Me).  As such, recruitment is actually closed as we have 8 players who were given the okay, and though it pushes a bit past my usual capacity, we have three experienced players who have been helping out.

So first, to avoid confusion... the players for this game are the following:

Priapus89 (New Player)
Dashenka (New Player)
Dragongoddess (New Player)
Vergil1989(New Player)
Persephone325 (New Player)
Muse (Experienced Player)
ZameRagues (Experienced Player)
SINless (Experienced Player)

The goal of this campaign is both to have fun and to help some new faces to the DND 5e scene. 

The game itself will be run following the rules of Wizards of the Coast's Adventure League rules.  This means for character creation, all players are technically permitted to use the main players hand book and one additional Wizards of the Coast sanctioned book for character creation.  For newer players, I recommend restricting solely to the players handbook as it can be less overwhelming.

As a note for all players, especially the new ones... as a DM... I am the type of individual who will adjust the adventure to work with the players.  I know there have been some individuals worried about what to play as they want to make sure it helps optimize the parties composition.  Just make sure you enjoy what you are playing.  That is the most important.  This module is the first one created for 5e, so it is made to help reinforce many of the game mechanics.

For those that are not aware, there are six core attributes for a character.  I believe you all have the character sheets from Myth-Weavers.  I always recommend that site as it allows information to be updated easier and as a DM, it does allow me to view it as well, which can be useful when trying to help teach a new system.

With those six stats, you can either choose to take the preset number array and assign the scores to different attributes of your choosing (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) OR you can use the point buy system.  For the second system, you have 27 points to work with.

A score of 8 costs 0 points.
A score of 9 costs 1 point.
A score of 10 costs 2 points.
A score of 11 costs 3 points.
A score of 12 costs 4 points.
A score of 13 costs 5 points.
A score of 14 costs 7 points.
A score of 15 costs 9 points.

Now... without Magic (Or without being a max level barbarian), the maximum a state can be without magic is 20.  With magic, the maximum is 30.

A score of 10 is considered average, so an NPC (Nonplayer Character) human would probably have 10 in all stats.

This is a Link Regarding Attribute Information.

Now, something about edition compared to previous editions is that when you pick a class (For example Rogue), when you get to the proper level, you pick a subclass.  Some classes do this at level 1, others do this at higher levels.  Almost every class has a subclass that could cast some sort of magic if you wanted to go that route. (Except Barbarians... dont feel bad for them... they do physical stuff like a boss.)

Now... reviewing the class breakdowns... I am more supportive of Zame's descriptions a bit more.  Bards are considered Jack of All Trades... and in this edition, it is arguably the most powerful class in the game. 

Druids are strong magic users, but the class does have some strong restrictions.  An example of a restriction is they can wear any light or medium armor (There are three types of Armor, the last being heavy), and they can also use shields.  HOWEVER, they have a drawback that any of those that they wear CAN NOT be made of metal.  So it does require time to find magical properties that accommodate these and it isn't always easy.

A big difference between Sorcerers and Wizards is that Wizards can get a large amount of different spells that they can cast.  Sorcerers know less spells than a wizard, but can cast the spells that he or she knows more frequently.

Likewise... Warlocks are much more limited with their spells, however, they recover their spells significantly faster than other classes.

Paladins are good for party support.  They also smite things... and smite is pretty strong, though using it spends spells for the day.

Fighters do have a subclass that can cast some spells (Called Eldritch Knight) and Rogues have a subclass as well (Arcane Tricksters).

Dragongoddess

Okay using these I have a better idea of classes I might be interested in.  If there are any experienced players willing to help me create a character, please let me know here so I can PM you.  I'm so inexperienced that I know after seeing the character sheet better that I'm going to need a LOT of help.  So much so that I believe it would be better for the rest of the group if I took my getting help to PMs from here.

Lyku

Quote from: Priapus89 on October 05, 2017, 07:58:09 PM
Here is Twill Gravejoy:

Nice beginning for your sheet.  Now... under the section where it says Personality, Ideal, Flaw and Bond, that typically connects to your background.

Quick reference for backgrounds can be found here:  Here

Backgrounds add depth to your character.  Backgrounds also one of the factors that help decide what skills you would possess.

For skills in 5e, you get skills from a few sources.  You background gives you typically 2 skills that you are proficient in.  Classes will tell you to pick 2 or 3 skills of your choice from a list specific to your class.  Some races may also give you a skill or two.  Being proficient in a skill means when you need to make a roll using that skill you add your proficiency score to the roll.

...Sidetracking to how skill checks work...

To give a bit of an example... we'll start with Bob the Level 1 Rogue.  For this example, he has a score of 16 for his Dexterity (Which gives him a Dexterity bonus of +3) and an Intelligence of 12 (Bonus of +1).  He is also proficient in Stealth.  So he decides he wants to sneak into a temple.  To sneak in, he says he is going to attempt to do so.  For him to attempt to sneak in, he would first roll a 1d20.  In this situation, we will say he rolled a 10.  Now, since he is proficient in Stealth, he would add his proficiency modifier of +2 to that roll, bringing it up to 12.  Stealth is also a Dexterity based skill check.  For that reason, he would also add his Dexterity modifier (+3), bringing his total roll up to 15.  This would typically help him overcome a medium difficulty challenge... maybe there was a guard on duty and with that roll, you snuck past him.

So continuing with Bob, he ends up getting into the temple and he finds a book regarding words of an old deity.  He wants to see if he recalls any information regarding this deity from past experiences.  So he would roll his 1d20... and this time he rolled an 11.  Now, he isn't proficient in the skill "Religion", so he doesn't add his proficiency to that roll.  However, he would add his Intelligence modifier as Religion is an intelligence based check, bringing his total up to 12. 

When you make those rolls... the difficulty of the challenge is something that the DM (In this case, me) would know.  You would provide your total and I would give you the results of what you accomplished.

Lyku

Don't worry about it, Dragon.  That is the purpose of this game, to help teach.

I can help you out or one of the experienced players.  Whichever you feel comfortable with.

Dashenka

I think my brain just exploded...

*wanders off for a cup of tea*

*goes back to reading*

:P

Lyku

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :D  I can be overwhelming.

ZameRagues

Quote from: Dragongoddess on October 06, 2017, 08:28:24 AM
Okay using these I have a better idea of classes I might be interested in.  If there are any experienced players willing to help me create a character, please let me know here so I can PM you.  I'm so inexperienced that I know after seeing the character sheet better that I'm going to need a LOT of help.  So much so that I believe it would be better for the rest of the group if I took my getting help to PMs from here.
im sure any of the experienced players would be willing to help with character creation, so just pick and choose one, or ask questions of all of us.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 03:12:44 AM
Alright, Rogue it is. You'll be a Dex based fighter

There are a couple different styles of Rogues you can play. Dexterity is your main stat and what you will fight with. Would you prefer to play a smart investigative thief that can find traps and stealth around enemies, or more of a face who can lie to people can coerce them to your desire?

Stats so far
Str -
Dex 15
Con -
Int -
Wis -
Cha -

15 14 13 12 10 8

Sorry I missed this at first.

I think I like a bit of both. Lie to a person what a pretty face they have while robbing them blind, but also being able to stealth around the battle and stab a scallywag in the back :) That requires Constition and Charisma no?

Lyku

Constitution would determine how physically healthy you are.  Charisma is the stat that would determine how well you could lie.  Both rogue and bard would be good choices for that concept.

Dashenka

Lyku

Starting is looking good so far.  Using base human, their racial modifier is increase all stats by 1.  So increase all your stats up 1.  Any reason for choosing evil?  You described your character not as much of heartless as more selfish.  Sounds like she might be more true neutral unless she likes to eliminate the competition.  Be warned, this story is based around effectively saving a portion of the world.

Dashenka

Isn't the allignment based on the Deity?

Lyku

Muse

A naive worshipers of a goddess of the sea so cruel they call her the Bitch Queen?  Interesting.  ^_^;; 

Sorry, I'll keep my trap shut about evil characters.  I'm not the DM and the DM is doing fine. 

*Smacks himself on the hands.* 

Muse

^_^;;   I'm probably being a bad senpai phrasing it that way. 

Dashenka, if you're wanting a more benevolant but still roguish goddess, I would sugest Tymora, goddess of good fortune.  This is a good summary of her dogma: 

One should be bold, for to be bold is to live. A brave heart and willingness to take risks beat out carefully wrought plans nine times out of ten. Place yourself in the hands of fate and trust your own luck. Bear and conduct yourselves as your own masters, showing your good or bad fortune as confidence in the Lady. Chase your own unique goals, and the Lady aids the chase. Without direction or goals, you soon know the embrace of Beshaba, For those on no set course are at the mercy of misfortune, which has no mercy at all. 

Maybe my turn to play senpai to you, Lyku.  :) 

It will probably cause less confusion if you find out which section you want this gmae in and move the OOC there.  :)

Dashenka

That sounds good :)

Updated with the new Deity, alignment and the human base stats.

Anything else I should do?

Vergil1989

Sorry for not being around for the past couple of days.  I DO have good news though, beyond being a bit busy and still a bit depressed.  Thanks to a good friend of mine, I went to a place called Titan Games that has all kinds of fellow nerds, geeks, and the like who get together to play various board and tabletop games.  Most notably, they're starting up a Starfinder game on Monday that I'm hoping to become a part of.  ;D  I'm excited to say the least, but just wanted to let you guys know I haven't forgotten this place.  :D

I'll get to work on a sheet today, despite having not slept the greatest.  I'll read through what's here and go from there.  Thanks for doing this guys and gals and here's hoping we survive against Tiamat and her cultists.  Lol yes I know full well the general story for this particular module, but not the in depth content/details.

Do we already have a cleric?  I had planned to do one myself is all but if someone else has that role I can try to make something else easily enough.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 06, 2017, 03:34:32 PM
Sorry for not being around for the past couple of days.  I DO have good news though, beyond being a bit busy and still a bit depressed.  Thanks to a good friend of mine, I went to a place called Titan Games that has all kinds of fellow nerds, geeks, and the like who get together to play various board and tabletop games.  Most notably, they're starting up a Starfinder game on Monday that I'm hoping to become a part of.  ;D  I'm excited to say the least, but just wanted to let you guys know I haven't forgotten this place.  :D

I'll get to work on a sheet today, despite having not slept the greatest.  I'll read through what's here and go from there.  Thanks for doing this guys and gals and here's hoping we survive against Tiamat and her cultists.  Lol yes I know full well the general story for this particular module, but not the in depth content/details.

Do we already have a cleric?  I had planned to do one myself is all but if someone else has that role I can try to make something else easily enough.
Welcome back.  So far I haven't seen any cleric sheets go up.  I am in the process of making my character but I don't plan on a cleric either.

Vergil1989

Alright, thanks DG.  I can call you DG right....?  Lol that aside, I'll start gettin' my old girl together.  Stats have been posted once on here I saw but I'd have tried to do rolls myself, but that's just me.  ;D  Meh, no biggie either way, although i thought it was 16, not 15?  I'm good either way, I just thought it was always 16 the few times I've had to do a character sheet.  :D

Muse

What are you asking about 15 and 16 virgil? 

Vergil1989

One of the starting stats I thought was always 16, not 15.  I don't mind either way I guess I'm just misremembering things is all.  :D  I have the D&D handbook for 5e, I just need to find it.  It's either on my Google Drive or my Drivethru RPG account, but I DO have a start to a sheet if you guys want to take a look.  Still need to get some of my numbers crunched but for some reason, none of my spell things are popping up nor is my Spell Save DC or any of that.  I might have picked the wrong sheet from the list on Myth Weavers.  Bleh.

Vergil1989

She still needs a fair amount of work, but I'm getting there.  Here's what I have thus far though.  :D

Neria Zathrial

Muse

You're probably thnking about a set of stats after racial modifiers, Vergil. 

Vergil1989

Ah gotcha, you're probably right, and it's not a big deal regardless so no worries.  :D  It's only one point difference anyway lol.

Muse

*smiles*  Let me know if I can help somehow, Vergil.  You're the only one ot have pitched a cleric or any other caster with supernatural healing ot the best of my knowledge.  :) 

If we turn out very short on supernatural abilties once every concept is in, I can pull up a diferent character, but after what Lyku said about adjusting things, I doubt it'll be a problem. 

Lyku, I changed my background to one that fit a tad bit better.  I also filled in the Personality and Bonds information.  Because of my character's unusual history, I tweaked some a little bit.  I don't knwo if there's any game mechancis associated with those.  If I've messed somethign up because I'm somewhat new to 5th, please let me know. 

persephone325

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 06, 2017, 05:03:12 PM
She still needs a fair amount of work, but I'm getting there.  Here's what I have thus far though.  :D

Neria Zathrial

Another Wood Elf! Same age and everything! XD
I don't know.

Dragongoddess

That makes at least three elves (I'm just not sure between wood or high elf right now)

Vergil1989

'Cough' Dark elf 'cough' lol.  Just because most are as evil as they come doesn't mean you can't play a good aligned dark elf.  Just look at Drizzt Do'Urden from the amazingly talented author, R.A. Salvatore, for inspiration.  I actually played an original character called Giselle Do'Urden for the longest time, although not in an official D&D capacity, just free form stuff.  She and Neria are actually my oldest gals, and I have quite the detailed if brief history for the two.

And really Muse, I just need help getting the rest of my information sorted out although I'm a bit distracted right now since I'm also jotting down some notes real quick for a new fanfiction story I've been wanting to do for a very long time.  Mass Effect and NCIS, with Gibbs and company getting dropped into the future due to a science project gone FUBAR no thanks to a jealous scientist sabotaging her own project in petty revenge.  Long story lol.  But really it's the numbers I always have trouble with, so any help with that would be appreciated.

persephone325

So, this is Bellaluna so far.

I know I still have work left to do, and I'm probably doing some things wrong. So, feel free to yell at me. lol
I don't know.

Muse

Persephone, we still need to adjust your ability scores, right? 

How about these: 
Str  8
Dex  (14+2)=16
Con  12
Int  13
Wis  (15+1)=16
Chrs 10

I sugest a similar spread for Neria: 
Str  8
Dex  (13+2)=15
Con  12
Int  10
Wis  (15+1)=16
Chrs 14

Clerics and Druids both base most of their class abilities off of wisdom.  :) 

Vergil1989

Will do Muse.  ;D  Thanks a bunch!

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 06:26:38 PM
Persephone, we still need to adjust your ability scores, right? 

How about these: 
Str  8
Dex  (14+2)=16
Con  12
Int  13
Wis  (15+1)=16
Chrs 10

I think mine are already adjusted? I'm not sure. >.< Does what I have look right?
I don't know.

Vergil1989

Brb but I've adjusted as best I can on my end.  I need to get another Dew or I'm gonna fall asleep at my desk, but again I've done what I can thus far Muse.  Thanks again for the assistance thus far though.  :D

Muse

Persephone, the maximum you can get from point buy is 15.  Wood elves have +1 to widom, so your best possible level 1 wisdom is 16. 

Vergil1989

And now I feel like a moron since now I know why you gave me a 16 in one of my stats.  :D  I hadn't even thought of racial modifiers despite you having mentioned it once already.

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 07:17:49 PM
Persephone, the maximum you can get from point buy is 15.  Wood elves have +1 to widom, so your best possible level 1 wisdom is 16. 

I wonder where I got the extra point from...

Might have been because I thought the point wasn't already added to the ability.

EDIT: Also just realized I can't have a longbow, cause it's not a simple weapon. Shortbow it is, then. ^^
I don't know.

Vergil1989

Made some further edits, but I'm hoping I got all of my stuff thus far correct.  I got a bunch of my racial traits and abilities listed, more of my equipment sorted out, (partially thanks to a racial ability, thank you Elf Weapon Training lol), and just stuff in general really.  The Mountain Dew is already wearing off though so I think I'm gonna leave the rest for tomorrow.  Feel free to poke at Neria in the meantime.  See ya.  ;D

Muse

Perserphone, elves gain proficiency in bows and certain swords.  :) 

Priapus89

Thanks for your help guys! I'll edit my sheet once I get the chance.

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 07:58:37 PM
Perserphone, elves gain proficiency in bows and certain swords.  :) 

Well, yes. But a Longbow is considered a Martial Ranged weapon, and I don't believe I can start out with that kind of weapon. Also makes me sad that I can't start out with a whip. lol
I don't know.

Muse

*nods* Yeah, you'll need to actualy get the bow in play, or get our DMs aproval to switch some equipment around. 

And to get proficiency with a whip you'll need a feat, which elves don't get 'til fifth. 

now I think if you tried to use a whip withotu the feat, you'd only be making your attack rolls at two lower. 

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 10:11:05 PM
*nods* Yeah, you'll need to actualy get the bow in play, or get our DMs aproval to switch some equipment around. 

And to get proficiency with a whip you'll need a feat, which elves don't get 'til fifth. 

now I think if you tried to use a whip withotu the feat, you'd only be making your attack rolls at two lower. 

I just think whips are cool. I don't see them used very often, and probably for good reason. I don't think they do any decent damage.
I don't know.

ZameRagues

Whips do the same damage as a dagger which isn't much, but they have better reach for melee combat then a dagger.

Also if you don't have proficiency with a weapon you don't add your Proficiency bonus to the attack rolls, thats all. No major penalty.

- Sheet question for Persephone, What is your character's background?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 10:31:56 PM
Whips do the same damage as a dagger which isn't much, but they have better reach for melee combat then a dagger.

Also if you don't have proficiency with a weapon you don't add your Proficiency bonus to the attack rolls, thats all. No major penalty.

- Sheet question for Persephone, What is your character's background?

Ah, I see. I was hoping to make some sort of thorny branch whip at some point.

I have no idea what her background is, honestly. >.< That's one of the things I have the most trouble with when thinking up characters.
I don't know.

ZameRagues

How does she make money? What does she do in her spare time? What is she like?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 06, 2017, 10:38:45 PM
How does she make money? What does she do in her spare time? What is she like?

Hmm... Well, the first idea I had for her might not be viable. A Wood Elf that's part of a Woodland Clan and tends to stick to her own kind; before deciding to venture out and explore beyond the boundaries of what she usually does.
I don't know.

Muse

Sounds like the Outlander background on page 128 of the core book. 

You gain these proficiencies: 

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: One type o f musical instrument
Languages: One o f your choice

Some equipment: 
Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

And a feature: 
F e a t u r e : W a n d e r e r
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout o f terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

persephone325

I just wasn't sure if that kind of background would fit into the plot.
I don't know.

ZameRagues

Background and plot don't have to mesh. Backgrounds are just another tool to help flesh out your character's history by giving them a couple skills and a little bonus or two to help tell their story. It doesn't need to further the plot you're going to play through.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Muse

From what I know about this story--which isn't much, I've never made it past the first scene--it's pretty flexible. 

As I recall, the characters reach a certain town, and having the courage and compasion to hlep out in a desperate situation is suficient to kick start the story. 

persephone325

I don't know.

Vergil1989

I'm not able to get to my sheet from here, but my own background, if anyone's curious, is that Neria's an orphan no thanks to a bunch of orcs that ran through her people's camp, killing or enslaving everyone they could find.  She survived because her mother hid her away in a hollowed out log, where she was found by a cleric and his group not long after.  After he was able to coax her out, after killing off the orcs that remained of course, Neria would follow in his footsteps, helping people in whatever way she can.  Despite the deep emotional scars that remain which manifests as a burning hatred against most orcs and to a lesser extent half orcs, she's normally a very empathetic person to most everyone she comes into contact with.  There's a significantly longer version of this, but that's the summed up version.

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 06, 2017, 11:03:38 PM
Sounds like the Outlander background on page 128 of the core book. 

You gain these proficiencies: 

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: One type o f musical instrument
Languages: One o f your choice

Some equipment: 
Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

And a feature: 
F e a t u r e : W a n d e r e r
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout o f terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Looks like I have some equipment to change as well. lol
I don't know.

Muse

Verrgil, maybe the Hermit background? 

Do you need the information for it? 

Vergil1989

Hermit calls to mind someone who's never in a civilized settlement, or someone who lives out in the woods really, which granted that used to be the case...hmm.  I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm able, but for now yeah, I'll see what you have for Hermit.  Thanks Muse.  :D

Muse

While in this case, I think it's more a close aproximation to what your charac ter went throuhg than a perfect match, the background more represetns someone who's spent time in a monsestary or convent, seculded from the world to get an education and contempatle their spirtuatlity.  It includes--IIRC--proficiency in the skills Medecine and Religion.

Vergil1989

True, I'll give you that.  So on top of the class skills I also get a couple background ones?  Cool if that's the case.  ;D  I actually think I remember that being the case the first time I went through this with her.  In this case, it's more she stuck with the man until he got too old to travel, and eventually passed away from natural causes not long after.  He became a surrogate father to her, but my point remains, she was, in a way, still cut off from society, just she was outside instead of locked in a convent.  So huh, fits better than I thought, thanks Muse!  So yeah, Hermit sounds good after all.

persephone325

OK. Pretty sure I'm close to being done, if not there already.

I'm hoping it'll be OK for her to keep her bow and arrows. I can say she made them herself, if possible.

I don't know.

Daril

Quote from: Lyku on October 05, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

Thank you.

-Lyku

Is there somewhere I can read up on the basic story/setting/details for this RPG?  This first post seems like its building off of a previous thread somewhere...

Muse

Quote from: persephone325 on October 07, 2017, 12:33:41 AM
OK. Pretty sure I'm close to being done, if not there already.

I'm hoping it'll be OK for her to keep her bow and arrows. I can say she made them herself, if possible.

I'm pretty sure your dexterity should be sixteen? 

Muse

Quote from: Daril on October 07, 2017, 01:02:41 AM
Is there somewhere I can read up on the basic story/setting/details for this RPG?  This first post seems like its building off of a previous thread somewhere...

Daril, in the GMs wanted thread, Lyku agreed to run a game for some new players who were wanting to learn.  When he got the group together, Lyku put the OOC here instead of in one of the Small Group Game threads, which confused people into thinking Lyku was looking for plaeyrs. 

Muse

Quote from: Muse on October 07, 2017, 01:18:56 AM
I'm pretty sure your dexterity should be sixteen?

Wait, my bad! 

You put your 12 in dexterity and yoru fourteen in constiution.  Sorry Persephone. 

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 07, 2017, 01:26:40 AM
Wait, my bad! 

You put your 12 in dexterity and yoru fourteen in constiution.  Sorry Persephone. 

No worries. But everything looks good? I did it right?
I don't know.

Vergil1989

I'll try to get the rest of my sheet sorted out once I'm able to get to a computer, but do all the numbers thus far seem alright Muse?  And I can't figure out why my damn sheet doesn't have a space for spells and stuff, especially since it's a 5e sheet, it SHOULD be there unless I'm missing something obvious.

persephone325

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 07, 2017, 01:32:30 AM
I'll try to get the rest of my sheet sorted out once I'm able to get to a computer, but do all the numbers thus far seem alright Muse?  And I can't figure out why my damn sheet doesn't have a space for spells and stuff, especially since it's a 5e sheet, it SHOULD be there unless I'm missing something obvious.

You need to check the option that says "Caster". It's right underneath where you put your class.
I don't know.

Priapus89

Dashenka

I'm at a bit of a loss what else to add to my sheet :)

ZameRagues

Quote from: Dashenka on October 07, 2017, 07:12:04 AM
I'm at a bit of a loss what else to add to my sheet :)
So you have all the core decisions made, which is good. Look through the basic rules for the backgrounds and choose one of those that you feel best fits your character. Jot down the skills, items and other thing it gives you. Next go to the class section and look for "rogue". Here choose the skills you want your character to have, choose from the equipment offered, and write down the features of the class you get at lv 1, such Sneak Attack and Expertise.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

Can't you come up with your own background story?

ZameRagues

Backgrounds in 5E are a way to get things for your character based on the backstory you want to make. They are no means the backstory as a whole, the story itself is yours to create. Lets say your character as a child was abandoned and raised in an orphanage. Growing up ylu didnt get along with the other kids and got kicked out so you had to steal to survive. You could pick the Criminal background. They are a way to either summarize the character's history in one word or summarize a part of the history. You can do it either way, pick one and write why, or write your history and choose the best fit.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

Hmm okay. I'll have a look at the books then :)

Dashenka

Lyku

Dashenka.  As a rogue, you also need to pick 4 skills to be proficient in on top of the 2 you got with your background.

Pick Four from:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Deception
Insight
Intimidation
Investigation
Perception
Performance

With expertise... you need to pick 2 skills you are already proficient with and mark it down, as those two will add your proficiency modifier twice.  (So if you picked stealth for example, which you have +3 bonus from Dexterity and +2 from Proficiency for a total of 5, you would add the proficiency again for a total of +7)

Dashenka

Vergil1989

Quote from: persephone325 on October 07, 2017, 01:48:50 AM
You need to check the option that says "Caster". It's right underneath where you put your class.

...........And this is why you don't multitask at such a late hour lol.  I'm still not able to get to a computer just yet, but thank you for that Persephone.

Lyku

What is your other skill for expertise.  I saw you chose stealth as one.  I'd recommend perception or investigation (Though, I think you didn't choose investigation).  I honestly would recommend being trained with one of the two for the sake of detecting traps and ambushes.

Your initiative modifier is your dexterity modifier.  Other feats and abilities can increase it, but for now, it looks like it is only your Dexterity, so +3.

For Hit points, your hit dice is 1d8.  At 1st level, you get max hit points.  So it would be 8 (Max roll on a 1d8) + Your con modifier (+2) - So your hit points are 10. 

For all players... new and experienced... one thing I noticed and I do actually do is support a difference between Passive Perception and Passive Investigation.  Perception will allow you to perceive other individuals, such as those who are hiding while Investigation will be how one might detect traps and secret doors. 

Priapus89

How do I go about choosing tools? How many am I allowed?

Vergil1989

Quote from: Lyku on October 07, 2017, 12:29:02 PM
What is your other skill for expertise.  I saw you chose stealth as one.  I'd recommend perception or investigation (Though, I think you didn't choose investigation).  I honestly would recommend being trained with one of the two for the sake of detecting traps and ambushes.

I totally agree with this.

Dragongoddess

Can someone teach me how to put a picture into the sheet we're supposed to be using?

Dashenka

Daril

Quote from: Muse on October 07, 2017, 01:23:58 AM
  Daril, in the GMs wanted thread, Lyku agreed to run a game for some new players who were wanting to learn.  When he got the group together, Lyku put the OOC here instead of in one of the Small Group Game threads, which confused people into thinking Lyku was looking for plaeyrs.

So not really looking for players then.  (Not sure I'd be a good one for this game anyway -I have enough experience not to be a complete newb, but my experience is still limited enough that I'm not sure I'd be a very good mentor for a complete newb either.)

Perhaps you could talk to one of the Admins about getting the thread moved to the appropriate subforum?

Muse

With leather armor and your dexterity, your armor class is 14. 

Your daggers have the following abilites: 
Attack Roll: d20+5
Damage Roll: d4+3 (Piercing Damage)
Short Range 20'
Long Range 60'

Besides RP and Rule of Cool, only smaller people like halfings and gnomes would choose a short sword over a rapier.  If you take the rapier, these are the game mechanics in your hands: 
Damage Roll d8+3 (Piercing Damage)

Then you get to choose between a shortbow and a short sword.  I sugest the short bow, unless you have concept reasons to do otherwise. 
Damage Roll: d6+3 (Piercing Damage)
Short Range 80'
Long Range 320'
Amunition 20

Besides being one of the small folk, a good reason to get two short swords over a rapier and a short bow might be to dual wield the short swords and throw the daggers.  This is also a good option for a city or dungeon focused campaing, where these weapons are easier to conceal than a rapier and a bow, and you're not likelty to need longer range attacks. 

Quote from: Dragongoddess on October 07, 2017, 01:28:40 PM
Can someone teach me how to put a picture into the sheet we're supposed to be using?

I don't know how to get the pictures into myth weavers sheets either, D.G.  I could help you with the codes to put it in a post on Elliquiy? 

Dashenka

ZameRagues

A few minor things. Your Hp is is 10, your Armor class is 14, your Initiative is +3, and your speed is 30

And I would say it is done as well.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Vergil1989

Taking a break from my fanfiction stuff, (an NCIS/ME crossover fic), to finally get the rest of my sheet finished up.  Gonna check the Hermit stuff as well as to get the rest of my numbers crunched.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the rest of this sorted out in the meantime.  :D

Dragongoddess

Still in progress but this is what I've got so far.

Alwedhel Malakagirra

Vergil1989

Neria Zathrial

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me fill in whatever blanks I have left, which I am well aware include the weapon stats, armor, and equipment as well as spells and what have you.  My brain's hurting just getting this much done lol.

ZameRagues

Your Initiative is +2, and you have know three cantrips and 4 first level spells

Recommendations on spells from me
Cantrips
Guidance or Light
Sacred Flame
Spare the Dying

1st Level Spells
Shield of Faith
Bless
Sanctuary
Detect Magic
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Muse

Zame's cantrips look good. 

For the first level I would include Cure Wounds and Healing Word. 

persephone325

Oh yes. Are my spells good? I can't recall if I know any level 1 spells. I'm sure I do, just don't know how many.
I don't know.

Vergil1989

Meh, never been a fan of Sanctuary the very few times I've seen it used, and Bless I can't remember what that does off the top of my head but I think I could do without it.  As for cantrips, I'd go for Light well before mere Guidance.

I'm leaning towards a LG alignment, but I'm hoping Corellon Larathian, (spelling's probably wrong but it's close enough), will match up with my gal's alignment.  That and I don't have a clue what her Domain would be.  Beyond that and just going over everything one last time once I'm able to get the rest of the sheet filled out tomorrow, making sure it's okay, I think she's otherwise good to go unless you guys say otherwise.

And crap, languages... I can never remember how many of those I get normally, let alone any I get from feats and racial stuff.

Muse

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 07, 2017, 08:02:04 PM
Neria Zathrial

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me fill in whatever blanks I have left, which I am well aware include the weapon stats, armor, and equipment as well as spells and what have you.  My brain's hurting just getting this much done lol.

Your attack roll with the longsword is d20+1.  Your damage roll is d8-1.  If you can get a short sword or rapier instead the stats will be much better, since they'll use your dexterity instead of your strength. 

Vergil1989

She'd normally use a longsword but short sword works well enough with a metal kite shield for a 1st level.  If I had the Strength I'd go long though lol.  I like rapiers, but it's not my gal if she's not using a straight bladed weapon rather than a fancy fencing one, if that makes sense.  It's an RP choice honestly is what it boils down to, but yes, she can use a short sword.  I also had plans to lick up a light crossbow with the traditional twenty bolts in a pouch.

Dashenka

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 07, 2017, 07:17:56 PM
A few minor things. Your Hp is is 10, your Armor class is 14, your Initiative is +3, and your speed is 30

And I would say it is done as well.

Done.

Where do you base than on though?

ZameRagues

In your class it will say Hit Points, the Hit Points at first level tell you how much Hp you start with. Rogue is 8 + Constitution Modifier. Your Constitution is 14 which gives you a modifier of +2 so you have 10 Hp.

Armor Class is your armor plus your Dexterity Modifier. Leather armor is 11 and your Dex is 16, bonus is +3. 14 AC

Speed is always 30 unless you have an ability or feature that tells you otherwise.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

Alright. That makes sense. Thanks :)

Doomglazer

im also inrerested in this so ill be making a sheet tonight

Lyku

The OOC For the Game is:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276626.0

Vergil, Neria looks good.  May want to add your passive perception.  Passive Perception is 10 + Wis Modifier + Proficiency if you are proficient.  It looks like your Passive Perception is 15.

---

Priapus, Twill looks good, but you have his AC at 16... but I don't see any armor listed.

---

Dragongoddess... I went to review your character and your sheet is completely blank.

---

Dashenka.... sheet looks good.

---

Muse... the sheet looks good.

---

Persephone... your AC says 0.  With no armor currently, your AC would be your Dex mod + 10.  So 12.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Lyku on October 09, 2017, 03:30:03 PM
The OOC For the Game is:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276626.0

Vergil, Neria looks good.  May want to add your passive perception.  Passive Perception is 10 + Wis Modifier + Proficiency if you are proficient.  It looks like your Passive Perception is 15.

---

Priapus, Twill looks good, but you have his AC at 16... but I don't see any armor listed.

---

Dragongoddess... I went to review your character and your sheet is completely blank.

---

Dashenka.... sheet looks good.

---

Muse... the sheet looks good.

---

Persephone... your AC says 0.  With no armor currently, your AC would be your Dex mod + 10.  So 12.

Sorry I don't know how to link it then.

Priapus89

Hey guys! I'll have to pull out of this game. I realized that I won't have much time for it. Still, keep up the great work guys! This is coming along so well!

ZameRagues

Quote from: Dragongoddess on October 09, 2017, 04:33:52 PM
Sorry I don't know how to link it then.
unfortunately there is a save button in the upper right hand corner, did you save the sheet?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dragongoddess

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 09, 2017, 07:06:59 PM
unfortunately there is a save button in the upper right hand corner, did you save the sheet?
Yes.  When I open the sheet it pulls up just fine

persephone325

Quote from: Dragongoddess on October 09, 2017, 07:22:41 PM
Yes.  When I open the sheet it pulls up just fine

You might have the setting to "Private Character".
I don't know.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: persephone325 on October 09, 2017, 07:34:17 PM
You might have the setting to "Private Character".
It's not marked private

Muse

When I open what you linked, you've got the details up top filled in but none of the numbers. 

If that's the step you're at, I should be able to help.  :) 

persephone325

I don't know.

Muse

Quote from: persephone325 on October 10, 2017, 12:06:56 AM
I fixed my AC, and I believe my passive perception is right?

Passive percetpion looks correct to me, Persephone. 

Armor class is factored corectly.  A druid has a chance to get free leather armor.  Did you turn that down?  (It would improve your AC from 12 to 13)

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 10, 2017, 12:15:01 AM
Passive percetpion looks correct to me, Persephone. 

Armor class is factored corectly.  A druid has a chance to get free leather armor.  Did you turn that down?  (It would improve your AC from 12 to 13)

Well, I thought with the Wanderer/Outlander type that I only got the traveler's set.
I don't know.

Muse

You get objects from both your background and your class. 

persephone325

Quote from: Muse on October 10, 2017, 12:25:23 AM
You get objects from both your background and your class. 

Ohhh. So I can have some actual armor. ^^ I'll fix that.
I don't know.

Lyku

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Lyku on October 12, 2017, 11:37:54 AM
Everyone seemed to go silent.
Just working with Muse on my CS since they're the only one who can see it.

Lyku

I'm sorry. : (  Could you try linking it again when you get a chance? 

Dragongoddess

Lyku

I can see your stats filled and some things on page 2.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Lyku on October 12, 2017, 12:30:02 PM
I can see your stats filled and some things on page 2.
Awesome then it's working this time!  Please excuse the delays.  My 1 month old has been needing a lot more attention recently.  I doubt it will continue like this but right now she's suffering either from a bad allergic reaction or from baby eczema so she's been extremely fussy and often not letting me put her down.  I'm still gonna participate.  I'm just currently having a hard time taking care of her and writing up my character sheet.

Lyku

As a Dad, I fully understand.  Take your time.  This game is all about learning, so no rushing. :)

Vergil1989

I'm sorry for the delay on my end.  I updated my A/A page with why I've been missing for so long, but i'll try to get caught up once I've hopefully gotten a decent night's sleep.

I don't remember what all I still need to add/fix/etc to my character sheet, but again I'm sorry for the delay on my end guys and gals.

Dragongoddess

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1355567

Thought I'd posted this a while back but I was wrong.  So sorry about that.

Lyku

It looks good.

So I am curious what interest we still have for this.  I am willing to run, but the thread has been quiet.  As of right now, we had a full roster of players, but I wanted to make sure that all interested we still on board due to the silence.

:)

Dashenka

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dragongoddess

I hope you know I'm still here since I just sent my edited character thing

persephone325

I don't know.

Lyku

I will be ready to start.  I did want to inquire... as this is partially for myself as well, but would the group be opposed if I changed the campaign module I ran.  None of you will need to change anything, but it will merely change the story. :)

Dragongoddess

I might choose to adjust favorite enemy and terrain but otherwise, I'm fine with it

Lyku

New area has jungles primarily and there are undead/dinosaurs.

Muse

Yo!  *Bounces and wves*  count me in still!

And if all else is equal, I'm curious about this module!

Lyku

Its the most current module, Tomb of Annihilation.  It allows free roam for the party, so the story does have the potential to go on for awhile.

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Dashenka

Lyku

Post your characters here.  I am unsure of interest, but I will start this within 24 hours.  Those who post within the 24 hours will be in right away, the rest I will find a way to work in.

Let's do this.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=277861.0

Dashenka

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Lyku

Let me rephrase... as I am working up.  I posted a link.  When I said here, I meant, post your character in the thread that link leads you to as it is the official OOC thread.

Dashenka

Lyku

That was my fault.  I will be starting in 24 hours with the intro post. 

Muse

Lyku

Post will be up shortly.  Please make sure to bring your character to the OOC post listed above. 

Muse

Do we have two OOC threads now?  Or is this one being dropped? 

EDit:  Oh!  That's right, this is in the player's wanted!

Lyku

The post for the story is up and so far Muse is the only one who posted.  I'm waiting on more people to post before I give my DM post. Are people still interested in this?

Dashenka