News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Story Guide Sign Ups

Started by persephone325, January 31, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

So, you wanna be a Story Guide? This is the place to sign up!

When signing up, please make a note of whether you'd prefer to be an SG for short or long stories. You can do both if you'd like!

• Please try to refrain from running more than 2 stories at one time.

• As long as you're signed up as a Guide, you're free to post a story thread whenever you like!

• If something comes up that will keep you away for a period of time, please PM another SG to see if they would like to take over for you in your absence. Let's work as a team!
  • If you feel like you want to have a little longer, or shorter, time frame for posting - please note your expectations in the opener of your story thread when you post it.
  • If you signed up and don't see your name listed after a few days, feel free to poke me!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Story Guides

Name                    Story Preference     
Persephone325
Both
Theta Sigma
Both
King Serperior
Both
Levi
Both
Lexandria
Both
Blythe
Both
Oreo
Both
Skyler2813
Both
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

Not 100% certain regarding the specifics of a Story Guide, but I am willing to add my name to the list~

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Myst

Like King Serperior, I am unsure of the specifics, but I would love to add my name to the list. For short stories, please.
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

persephone325

A Story Guide is someone who is willing to provide the narrative for the participants. They come up with the idea/starter/prompt/etc, and people sign up to participate in writing it. Once the SG has determined they have enough people participating, they'll make their story thread and determine the order of the posters. The story plows along until it reaches its conclusion. ^^

Is that helpful? The first few times will most likely have some kinks and hiccups as we figure out how things work, though.
I don't know.

King Serperior

Ah, that makes more sense then~

I'd like to sign up for both.  ^_^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Oh, yay! I explained something right! lol
I don't know.

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Myst

That makes sense to me. You can toss me up for short stories, persephone!
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

persephone325

I don't know.

Lexandria

Do story guides take votes on the setting/set up from their participants? Or do they make a pitch and see who signs up?

persephone325

Quote from: Lexandria on February 23, 2018, 04:47:15 PM
Do story guides take votes on the setting/set up from their participants? Or do they make a pitch and see who signs up?

Ideally, you'll pitch the idea and see who signs up. Though, if there's a lull then I don't mind people polling. I just don't want everyone to go poll crazy. XD
I don't know.

King Serperior

My method I'll be using as a storyteller is to find a captivating image and create a pitch based off that and see who bites.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on February 23, 2018, 07:33:24 PM
My method I'll be using as a storyteller is to find a captivating image and create a pitch based off that and see who bites.   :-)

That's totally fine! I don't expect everyone to do the same thing.

I do want to clarify (just in case) I don't mind any of the people who are story guides putting up polls to see what the participants would like to do! I just didn't want every thread to be a poll. If that makes sense?
I don't know.

Lexandria

Quote from: persephone325 on February 23, 2018, 07:37:49 PM
That's totally fine! I don't expect everyone to do the same thing.

I do want to clarify (just in case) I don't mind any of the people who are story guides putting up polls to see what the participants would like to do! I just didn't want every thread to be a poll. If that makes sense?

Makes sense to me.

Besides starting the story/pitching the idea and keeping an eye on participation/figuring out when to close the story, are there any other responsibilities to a Story Guide?

persephone325

Quote from: Lexandria on February 25, 2018, 09:20:20 PM
Makes sense to me.

Besides starting the story/pitching the idea and keeping an eye on participation/figuring out when to close the story, are there any other responsibilities to a Story Guide?

Basically to make sure the story moves along as it should, and (if need be) remind a participant when it's their turn to post. Oh! And just make sure that participant posts stay at, or below, the PG-13 rating since everything here is publicly visible. ^^
I don't know.

Lexandria

Cool, I should have time for that, then! I'd be happy to do either a short or a long story.

Levi

Happened to notice you still have a question mark by me! Oops my bad, I'll try both:)
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

persephone325

Quote from: Levi on March 05, 2018, 08:20:21 AM
Happened to notice you still have a question mark by me! Oops my bad, I'll try both:)

No worries! Fixed it. ^^
I don't know.

Blythe

I'd like to sign up as a storyguide, I think. Long or short! Now that I've seen a bit how its working, I think I could give it a try. : )

Oreo

Understanding how this works now, I could also do this, Long or Short.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin