New York, New York (Adult slice of life / Drug dealers and violence)

Started by The Green One, April 19, 2022, 11:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LocusVonErich

I’m still interested, just struggling with figuring out a character.

Rustic

Rainy and Lalu! I'm bringing my character over from another game so it should be easy, but I haven't had the time. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

The Green One

Not available for new stories

Rustic

The Green One

Tokyorose627

The Green One

BennyQ

I'd be interested in planting a flag of interest if you're open to new players, too.
"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

Amaris

BennyQ

I'll do some browsing of the group board and get back to you guys with some character concepts.
"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

The Green One

The Green One

Calling all criminals and innocent individuals with dubious morality! We're getting ready for our second anniversary~

The Green One

WE DID IT! Another year down. Amaris and I are so grateful for everyone that has participated in this game and has made it last two years and what a fun two years it has been! We’ve had ups and downs, times when we were all rapid posting, and times when things were quiet for awhile, but we have built a beautiful story that we all deserve to be proud of! Thank you everyone for being a part of this journey for us whether you it was just a brief time or became an addiction. We appreciate each and every one of you.

New York, New York has seen...

174 Characters
4465 Posts
Several Rounds of Boss Switches
8 Criminal Groups
  • Italian Mafia
  • Star Trade
  • Jewish Mobsters
  • Mexican Cartel
  • Yakuza
  • Bratva
  • Irish Mob
  • Hell Hounds

1 writer that’s been here since the game opened (Other than The Green One). 3 Cheers for RainyHigh!

And last but not least...

54 writers have contributed to this game we love so much.

-GMs-
The Green One | Amaris

-Current Bosses-
The Green One | RainyHigh | TheFluffyOne | Unholy

-Criminals & Others-
AethyriumDeamonbaneJack StalkerNimSparky01virtualblue*
AmarisDj ZekromJinxed LanaNitroSwashbucklerWei Wuxian
AndronicaDrowned VandalEye of HorusJinxyNowherewoman*The Green One*
Angel FireFairehawkeKakiharaPhoenutTheFluffyOne*WhatLiesAbove*
ChantarelleFoxy DeVilleLady SakuraPraxisTimeless*Wolfling72
Chou chou rheastarGaGa88Lovely ComplexRainyHigh*Tokyorose627Wulfspire
ClioGamoraMarcothTalosRusticTotoro
CreamGeekletMellificSaintSicaireUnholy*
CurvyKittenIntimate InkMetroFalloutSilkenVenom*Vael the Destroyer

* People who played a boss

These stats are pretty amazing and both of the GMs here are always in awe of what creative, smart, funny, friendly, and open writers we have, and thinking that it’s been going on for two years is still unfathomable sometimes.

So, whether you’re still weaving stories with us, just passed through, or the journey has just begun for you. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

With all our love,
The Green One & The Green Queen

The Green One

Hello again~

As part of our two year celebration we've decided to bring on another GM. The one who's been in this game since the very start and is an amazing person and a wonderful roleplayer! We're so happy to have her and give her a lovely welcome to the GM team... RainyHigh!!

We're really happy to have you in our team, Green Mist
💚

RainyHigh

I am deeply honored to have the opportunity to serve as one of the GMs in this diverse community. Thank you, Green One and the Green Queen, for entrusting me with this role. I'm excited to contribute to our collective storytelling journey and help create memorable experiences for our players. I know I'm still... green--badum tss--at this, but I've been told by both the Green One and the Green Queen I can bug them with questions since I know I'm going to struggle for a bit. Thanks y'all!
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

RainyHigh

Hello, any lurkers who may be reading this. Within the NY, NY game's universe, there is a new change in the leadership of the Yakuza organization in Manhattan, NY. Younger 'blood' has been put into leadership due to the previous leader being injured severely enough that Maruya Haruki was assigned to take over. Haruki flew into NYC in March from Los Angeles. He brings with him money and knowledge about business (legitimate and illegitimate). He runs a large shipping company, which he uses for illegal activities reasonably well without getting caught (so far). He has connections to 'family' in LA, Tokyo, and NYC. Here are some roles within the Yakuza family. Some are marked as taken, and some are marked as open.

Please comment here on this thread or PM RainyHigh on E messages if you have any questions or ideas regarding these roles.

*Please note that I used Google for some of these role names, so they may not be 100% correct. Google Translate is not perfect.

[In-Game Character: Haruki] -- Oyabun (TAKEN): The oyabun is the boss or godfather of the Yakuza family. They are the highest-ranking member and have significant authority over the clan's operations. Oyabun are often highly respected and make essential decisions regarding the family's activities.

[In-Game Character: Ichiro] -- Saiko-komon (TAKEN): The saiko-komon is an advisor to the oyabun and holds a position of significant influence. Although they may have retired from active criminal activities, they continue to provide guidance and wisdom to the clan's leadership.

Wakagashira (OPEN): The wakagashira is the deputy or second-in-command of the Yakuza family. They assist the oyabun in managing the family's operations and may lead subgroups within the clan.

Shateigashira (OPEN): The shateigashira oversees the lower-ranking family members. They ensure that the oyabun's orders are carried out and maintain discipline within the organization.

Gashira (OPEN TO MULTIPLE CHARACTERS): Gashira are mid-level executives within the Yakuza clan. They oversee specific operations, businesses, or territories and report to higher-ranking members. They have authority over lower-ranking members and help maintain order within their respective areas.

Kyodai (OPEN TO MULTIPLE CHARACTERS): Kyodai are the regular members of the Yakuza family. They are often involved in various criminal activities and report to higher-ranking members. Kyodai may have different organizational roles and responsibilities, such as enforcers or money collectors.

Kobun (OPEN TO MULTIPLE CHARACTERS): Kobun are junior members or associates of the Yakuza family. They often aspire to become full members (kyodai) and may need to go through a probationary period. Kobun typically carries out tasks assigned by higher-ranking members and may be involved in lower-level criminal activities.
→[In Game Character: Kahoko]

Chonin (OPEN TO MULTIPLE CHARACTERS): Chonin are civilians or non-Yakuza individuals who provide various services or support to the clan. This can include legal advisors, accountants, and other professionals who help manage the Yakuza's financial affairs or legal matters.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh