New York Underground: Vampires, Weres, Witches, Demons, Hunters and more!

Started by The Green One, August 21, 2022, 04:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaris

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

The Green One

Hello~

Here is some basic information so you guys can start working on something!

Angels:

Like demons, they simply exist. Angels can eat and drink although most of them refrain from doing so and they don’t need to sleep.

Angels strive to maintain the balance against demons, influencing humans toward their virtues, and there shouldn’t be more angels than demons or vice versa on Earth at all times.

Angels are by nature immortal and take no damage from human weapons, but other supernaturals can hurt and kill them. We'll probably include some kind of enchantment or poison against them like we have for the other species.

They can alter their appearance at will, and rarely reveal their true form. They appear to humans in need, as a long lost friend or by random encounters. Angels can manipulate a human’s mind, only when they deem it necessary to get closer to the human they wish to help. This could be twisted to some extent, but an angel's goal should always be the person's well being.

They don’t sign contracts with humans, since they are not allowed to reveal their divine nature, and they should move on to another human once their job is done.

[Angels influence humanity through seven different virtues, opposing the seven sins. These virtues are: Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Kindness, Patience and Humility.

I'll bring more about the lake monsters later today!!!

Not available for new stories

Story Tale

Hi all, I'm interested in a group game and I love this setting... urban life, supernatural. I've never really been involved in a group game before though and I'm not sure where to start. Any character/species suggestions?

The Green One

Glad to catch your interest!!

Right now we're accepting all characters, but if you'd like something simple to start, I'd go for a vampire or an essence, or maybe a human member of the Union of Silent Visitors, who investigate the paranormal events.

The Green One

Our new playable species are here!

Like demons, they simply exist. Angels can eat and drink although most of them refrain from doing so, and they don’t need to sleep.

Angels strive to maintain the balance against demons, influencing humans toward their virtues, and there shouldn’t be more angels than demons or vice versa on Earth at all times.

⟢Angels are by nature immortal and take no damage from human weapons, but other supernaturals can hurt and kill them. They need time to heal by meditation.

❖When attached to a human, the more that person shows their virtue, the more powerful the angel becomes.

⟢They can alter their appearance at will, and rarely reveal their true form. They appear to humans in need, as a long lost friend or by random encounters. Angels can manipulate a human’s mind, only when they deem it necessary to get closer to the human they wish to help.

❖Angels influence humanity through seven different virtues, opposing the seven sins. These virtues are: Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Kindness, Patience and Humility.

Of course, these descriptions are depictions of the virtues in their purest forms. Sadly people (human or otherwise) are known for their ability to make many mistakes and stray away from the virtues they want to uphold and that’s when angels will often step in. Generally, they will only come to aid when the person shows some sort of desire to do better. They don’t waste their time on lost causes or those who have no desire to have these virtues. Which generally means they stay away from vampires and demons and are more drawn to witches in the supernatural community. Although they have been known to hold a disdain for most supernaturals around them. (Of course not all, this is a stereotype and rather unknown considering they disappeared long ago)

Castitas (Chastity)
Opposes: Lust

These angels look for people who keep themselves pure. They abstain either from sexual activity that is considered immoral or from any sexual activity. They tend to show up when the person feels weak in their convictions or to protect them from Lust demons.

Temperantia (Temperance)
Opposes: Gluttony

They typically go after those who practice moderation or voluntary self-restraint. They are also keen on those who practice moderation and self-control. They show restraint from excesses such as extravagant luxury or splurging along with overindulgence in food and drink, and drugs.

Caritas (Charity)
Opposes: Greed

These angels go for people who are givers. That can mean giving their time or their money, or whatever else they may have. They are generous and are good listeners, offering what they have even if that doesn’t amount to much. Their motivations are pure and have no ideas of self-interest.

Diligentia (Diligence)
Opposes: Sloth

Angels who have this quality are drawn to carefulness and persistent effort or work. These people maintain a good work ethic and believe work in and of itself is good. They have an eye for detail. They are earnest, steady, and put in the effort in everything they do. They are devoted to accomplishing tasks that are put before them.

Humanitas (Kindness)
Opposes: Envy

These angels support humans with a behavior marked by acts of assistance, generosity, consideration, or empathy -  without expecting praise or reward in return.

Patientia (Patience)
Opposes: Wrath

This kind of angel attaches themselves to those humans with the ability to endure difficult circumstances. Patience may involve perseverance in the face of delay, tolerance of provocation without responding with disrespect or anger, or forbearance when under strain -  especially when faced with longer-term difficulties.

Humilitas (Humility)
Opposes: Pride

Otherwise known as being humble. These angels seek out those not thinking themselves superior to others. They have an awareness of their own strengths and shortcomings. They lack arrogance or ego and do not have an inflated sense of self or importance.

⟢They don’t sign contracts with humans, since they are not allowed to reveal their divine nature, and they should move on to another human once their job is done.

❖It’s known that angels sometimes don’t follow the rules as strictly as they should, deciding to live their lives as humans, or refusing to leave someone’s side after their job is done. There are some that have even revealed their true nature to others.

They’re humanoid aquatic creatures that can walk on land and disguise themselves as human for several hours at a time though the faint smell of sulfur always clings to their skin. When in contact with water it becomes more difficult to maintain their disguise, and the more water they are exposed to the harder it becomes.

When not disguised, they have scaly skin, often with fins on their heads, backs, and torsos as well as webbed fingers and toes, they can even come complete with razor-sharp claws. Every monster looks different, but they stay within this general idea.

This can be something more like the loch ness monster or almost like an underwater dragon, but it is not like merpeople.

They suffer dehydration much faster than humans, and it becomes lethal much quicker as well. Suffering hydration makes it harder for them to maintain their human form.

Other cultures have other names, but their common name in English is Lake Monsters because that’s where they were discovered, but they can live and come from oceans and rivers as well.

⟢They can take human shape, and live in both water and the surface.

❖These creatures are stronger than humans, and very skilled while fighting in water.

⟢They can partially shift, or show their scales fully. There is always a faint view of those scales down the back of their neck, that shimmers in the sunlight, but not enough to really cause concern for humans. Looks like it could be a body modification.

❖A lot of their powers are unknown due to their rarity. (We’re open to suggestions when it comes to your characters, but you do need to run them past us.)

⟢Obviously, they are very vulnerable to intense heat and sun.

⟢If water is just splashed on them, their scales might flicker but go immediately to skin, but prolonged contact with water will make them evident and will break the human illusion.

❖These creatures need to go back to natural sources of water to heal, rest, and recover from dehydration. It could be a lake, river, ocean, or a well.

⟢They remained hidden and away from the supernatural conflicts in New York by staying in the water, but the peace has made them more adventurous and curious, a change from the way of living they’ve maintained for millennia.

❖Even among the supernatural, they’re also legends, and a few very old supernaturals might know of their existence.

⟢There aren’t many around the world, they are one of the most scarce supernatural species due to their low survival rate when they’re young.

❖Their auras are very faint and can be seen easily when it’s raining or there’s mist.

Amaris

Also, since we just made them, we are open to ideas on these supernaturals! These will have to have approval by the GMs to ensure they fit with our view of what these species are, but we're excited to see the ideas.

Endwell

I just finished reading the entire recruitment first post and I'm moving into the process of reading the character sheets to make certain I don't unintentionally step on any toes with any of the concepts that jumped out at me but first of allllll ya'll put in a ton of work and I am a fan. Second... once I finish reading the character sheets I'll work on the concept that needs more specific info about other characters but if there happens to be someone interested in a demon with whom to have a relationship that ranges from contentious mischief to worship that their character isn't entirely sure is genuine that is most definitely something I'd be up for. My writing slate is essentially empty but the urge issssss there. I'm a lover of details so if someone, species doesn't matter apart from what is stated in the rules about demons, I'd be more than happy to work out said details in PM or Discord (discord tends to be quicker admittedly).

Beyond that I'll be in touch with the GMs with any questions as soon as I finish reading the active character sheets for the other concept I have in mind. Might take a day or two given how much reading there is to be done but i'll be in touchhhhhhh :)
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Amaris

If you want to be in contact with the GMs over discord too, that's perfectly okay! Just PM me your discord and I'll add ya!

The Green One

RainyHigh

Quote from: Endwell on February 24, 2024, 12:53:40 AMI just finished reading the entire recruitment first post and I'm moving into the process of reading the character sheets to make certain I don't unintentionally step on any toes with any of the concepts that jumped out at me but first of allllll ya'll put in a ton of work and I am a fan. Second... once I finish reading the character sheets I'll work on the concept that needs more specific info about other characters but if there happens to be someone interested in a demon with whom to have a relationship that ranges from contentious mischief to worship that their character isn't entirely sure is genuine that is most definitely something I'd be up for. My writing slate is essentially empty but the urge issssss there. I'm a lover of details so if someone, species doesn't matter apart from what is stated in the rules about demons, I'd be more than happy to work out said details in PM or Discord (discord tends to be quicker admittedly).

Beyond that I'll be in touch with the GMs with any questions as soon as I finish reading the active character sheets for the other concept I have in mind. Might take a day or two given how much reading there is to be done but i'll be in touchhhhhhh :)

Just to clarify, are you looking for a demon character or are you making a demon character?
From my understanding, it looks like you are making a demon character and then want a character (any species) to "worship" said demon.
I've been wrong before though. 😅
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Endwell

Quote from: RainyHigh on February 26, 2024, 08:44:44 AMJust to clarify, are you looking for a demon character or are you making a demon character?
From my understanding, it looks like you are making a demon character and then want a character (any species) to "worship" said demon.
I've been wrong before though. 😅
Not quite what I meant but I’m not opposed to that situation either. Essentially I would be making a demon whom best suits the character sheet/writer of the character insofar as demon type as well as the physical manifestation the demon takes on. Malleable as they can be it makes sense to me they’d almost be more or less customized to their contract if that makes sense?

The species of the contracted is open and will obviously play some role in the demon’s take on their contracted. What I meant was the demon will resent them for their flaws and their need to oblige the orders they are given/general restrictions while on the opposite side of that coin the demon will also worship them to some degree for being such a lovely source of sustenance 😈. The demon’s feelings will range based on the circumstances they find themselves in as well as the type of demon. Though I picture them being both protective and possessive of their contracted.

The best way I can put it is think of a cat that has a toy that they’re not playing with and a dog comes along and wants to play with the toy. The cat will fight tooth and nail to keep their toy and once the dog has given up and moved on not long after you might find the cat taking a nap with said toy being neglected on the other side of the room.
“That’s my toy and I’m not playing with it now but I will when I so choose. You will play with it never. Now that you want to play with it I want to play with it.”

Toxic love on Fern Gully levels 🙃 though the exact dynamic is entirely open for discussion with any interested writers/characters.

-edit-

And to be clear that wouldn’t by any means prevent them from writing with other characters or sending the demon off on their own/leaving them in any location. It simply might effect their mood and generate less than thrilling reactions as well.
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
So do it for me...

Andronica

Quote from: Endwell on February 26, 2024, 01:15:21 PMNot quite what I meant but I’m not opposed to that situation either. Essentially I would be making a demon whom best suits the character sheet/writer of the character insofar as demon type as well as the physical manifestation the demon takes on. Malleable as they can be it makes sense to me they’d almost be more or less customized to their contract if that makes sense?

The species of the contracted is open and will obviously play some role in the demon’s take on their contracted. What I meant was the demon will resent them for their flaws and their need to oblige the orders they are given/general restrictions while on the opposite side of that coin the demon will also worship them to some degree for being such a lovely source of sustenance 😈. The demon’s feelings will range based on the circumstances they find themselves in as well as the type of demon. Though I picture them being both protective and possessive of their contracted.

The best way I can put it is think of a cat that has a toy that they’re not playing with and a dog comes along and wants to play with the toy. The cat will fight tooth and nail to keep their toy and once the dog has given up and moved on not long after you might find the cat taking a nap with said toy being neglected on the other side of the room.
“That’s my toy and I’m not playing with it now but I will when I so choose. You will play with it never. Now that you want to play with it I want to play with it.”

Toxic love on Fern Gully levels 🙃 though the exact dynamic is entirely open for discussion with any interested writers/characters.

-edit-

And to be clear that wouldn’t by any means prevent them from writing with other characters or sending the demon off on their own/leaving them in any location. It simply might effect their mood and generate less than thrilling reactions as well.

Oh, this sounds delightful! I may have to bring my sweet witch Ros out of hiding for a slice of this tempting dynamic...

Endwell

Quote from: Andronica on February 27, 2024, 08:09:36 AMOh, this sounds delightful! I may have to bring my sweet witch Ros out of hiding for a slice of this tempting dynamic...
I am more than happy to discuss the possibilities. PM works but I will message you my discord account name in case you have that and would be comfortable using it. Tends to be drastically more efficient 😬

I’m finishing up at work right now and should be home around 5-5:30 PM eastern time (2 ish hours from now). 
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
So do it for me...

Andronica

Quote from: Endwell on February 27, 2024, 02:20:46 PMI am more than happy to discuss the possibilities. PM works but I will message you my discord account name in case you have that and would be comfortable using it. Tends to be drastically more efficient 😬
I’m finishing up at work right now and should be home around 5-5:30 PM eastern time (2 ish hours from now).
I have Discord so that works nicely! Looking forward to seeing where this takes us. :)