~ Picture of the Week ~ Discussion [CLOSED]

Started by Hob, November 02, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Hob

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295640.msg14707769#msg14707769

An excellent contribution, Sarix, and congratulations on your approval! Welcome to E! Hope to see some more of writing soon!

Hob

The current image has been posted, folks! Have fun!

Eva

Quote from: DeMalachine on February 23, 2019, 10:46:04 AM

Uncontested brilliance
Scene: The ballroon. A cotillion is underway. Captain Dansy requests a dance of Violetta by offering her his hand. Goathilda and Fanny look on, askance.

Violetta (accepting Captain Dansy's invitation): My thanks, Captain Dansy. It is most courteous of you. And might I say, I find your whiskers most charming.

Captain Dansy: Madame, I must confess that my humble offer was not born out of mere etiquette, but for what I fancy shall soon transpire between us in the parlour. To put it indelicately, Violetta: I harbour ineffable suspicions that you are predelicted towards the most eye-watering popsytry in spite of your winsome, doe-eyed affectations. For all the veneer of innocence, I suspect you nurse a savagely robust desire to be turned upon the Ottoman. Am I right?

Violetta (blushing): Captain Dansy, I - I must confess to feeling somewhat aghast at this abrupt and unseemly admission.

Captain Dansy: Aghast you may be. I hear no denial in your words.

Violetta: But surely -

Violetta steals a glance at Goathilda and Fanny, both of whom are presently sharing impish gossip about Violetta.

Violetta: - surely there must be others here more suited for turning upon the Ottoman.

Captain Dansy: Ah. You might think. But - (whispers) I hear word that Goathilda has a scandalous preference for whiffling under commodes. While Fanny, under the pretence of turning upon the Ottoman, actually touched Mr Belvedoir's knee upon the Tuesday.

Violetta (shocked): No! Really?

Captain Dansy nods.

Violetta: But I understand Mr Belvedoir is from Essex!

Captain Dansy: Indeed.

Violetta: Goodness! But I - no, Captain Dancy. No. I fear I must dissuade you of your prottible suspicions. You are quite mistaken in ascribing to myself so ungracious a propensity. Especially when I -

Captain Dansy: Damn and blast!

Violetta: Hush! If you were to allow me to continue, then I might have impressed upon you with the knowledge that though I truly do contend no desire to turn upon the Ottoman, it is surely because I prefer greatly to be swivelled around cross-legged on a chinoiserie counterpane.

Captain Dansy: Swivelled on a chinoni - dear God woman, I'll be left with a starched muscle!

Violetta (smiling mischievously): Only if you are fortunate, Captain Dansy. Only if you are fortunate. Now - shall we dance?

Good lord man, does your brilliance know no bounds? That was such a delight to read. 

Rinzler

Thank you Eva. TBH, I just kind of ripped off Armstrong and Miller's Spring Cotillion sketches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOUm8mThnTs

In order to keep it PG13, I had to find a way to make it sound disgustingly rude while using wholly innocent terms - some of which I made up, lol.

Hob

Quote from: Eva on February 23, 2019, 11:11:02 AM
Good lord man, does your brilliance know no bounds? That was such a delight to read.

*dies laughing*

Eva

Quote from: DeMalachine on February 23, 2019, 11:20:18 AM
Thank you Eva. TBH, I just kind of ripped off Armstrong and Miller's Spring Cotillion sketches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOUm8mThnTs

In order to keep it PG13, I had to find a way to make it sound disgustingly rude while using wholly innocent terms - some of which I made up, lol.

Lol, that was epic, even so I have long been a fan of your made up terms. 

Hob

A lovely contribution, submissiverapport! Glad to have you with us!

And... my, my, my! I do believe that this makes entry number 3 for someone!!

Hob

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Justric on February 25, 2019, 09:47:50 PM
Cliffspiracy has now been added to the Wall of Fame!

What, what?! :D This just made my night! <3

Hob

Hope everyone has been enjoying themselves! Thought I'd try something a little different this week, and no, it's not because I'm being too lazy to look for a new image.   ;D

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295640.msg14724386#msg14724386

So if there's something you didn't get a chance to write for the first time around, it's now open season! Next week, we'll go back to our regularly scheduled program. For now, though? Have at it!!

Lyrical

I just enjoy stopping by and looking at the pretty pictures.  Some get squirreled away in my big collection of future inspirations.

Hob

By all means! You are more than welcome to browse!

The Green One

Ohhh there's one of my robots for the ElliWriMo mini-challenge!

Not available for new stories

Hob

The Green One

Hob

Flashback week has come and it has gone, and now it's time for something fresh! Anubis, anyone? Or Seth?!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295640.msg14742283#msg14742283

Hob

Hob

Another contribution from our own Liam Dale, setting the mood... and providing a bit of inspiration!

The Green One

Hob

Rinzler

I really liked your entry for the latest pic, Justric. That was seriously good. Very evocative of Bradbury, I thought - hence why I liked it.

Hob

Thanks!  *chuckling at myself* I figured it was about time I actually contributed a piece to my own thread! It's only been, what, four and a half months?

And, yes, Bradbury was definitely a bit influence on me!

Hob

Well, folks, it's been fun, but I think this challenge has run its course. I'll be having the thread locked shortly for archiving, so if there's anything you'd like to save, now's the time to do it.

Thanks to everyone who played along, congratulations again to our champions, and all the best to all of our contributors over the past five months!

~ Justric

Lovely Complex

I enjoyed it while it lasted, Justric. <3 Sorry that I couldn't contribute more to it.

Also enjoyed reading everyone's entries and hope to see you all around the boards!!