A fallen world arises

Started by craeric, April 21, 2024, 01:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craeric

The world was as it has been.  Tensions rising.  Dangers becoming more and more prevolent.  But about a week ago, something happened that changed the world forever.   It is unclear but it seems likely the three events are related. 

The first thing is that an EMP hit the world.  Global, and dangerous. Every vehicle stalled.  Many millions died in plain crashes, and hospital beds.  It did not stop- and with it the communications grid has been destroyed.  As has the global economy, and even virtually every government.   

If that was not enough though, the invasion came.  Nobody is sure where the beasts came from, but they did- and nerds among the population have called them 'orcs' and 'goblins'.  But they are in vast numbers, and seem to have ransacked the cities, a coordinated attack.   They are seemingly merciless, harsh, and foul. 

But there is one hope.  For a small portion of a percent of the survivors seem to have, well what could be termed super powers.  intense abilities nobody has ever seen before.  Powers far greater then any have imagined.   And have fought back.   

You are one of these lucky few.   In a world changed perhaps forever, what will you do?

OOC

This is based on a story I have started writing, and you will be based in a small fictional city- probably a farm town.  I am thinking three options for system- Freeform, Mutants and Masterminds 3E or Superhero 5E.    

So if interested three questions-
What level of sexuality (Light, bondage, non-con)
What system
and would you prefer a larger or smaller city for the group to be part of?

You have only begun to discover your powers, and will be 'low level' relatively regardless.  

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... has some promise. Got a bit of a character idea in mind. As for your questions...

1. Fine with non-con but cool if others prefer something milder.
2. I lean towards freeform but I can do M&M.
3. Either, I can fit what I'm thinking of in both settings.

TFcommando

1. I'm thinking bondage, just because non-con is hard to work in a group setting.
2. I prefer M&M by a considerable margin.  What sort of power level were you thinking?
3. A smaller city in a more rural state strikes me as interesting, it wouldn't be quite as leveled as a big one by the aftermath of an EMP.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

craeric

Ya figured M&M or freeform would be the most likely.   For power level if doing Mutants and Masterminds about 7-8 starting.  Lets say 8.   Powerful but not omnipotent.  would have probably started like level 3 (basic powers at will) if doing super hero 5.

And in the story I was writing that this will be based on the characters range from a demi-goddess  to a power armored guy from the future so it is defenitely a setting that can fit most ideas.  

TFcommando

Is this a setting one can rebuild, push back the tide of monsters and get the tech infrastructure working again,or more of “this is the new world you live in now” change?  Tech heroes would be good at the former, but it might not be the intended direction.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

craeric

to an extent it could be rebuilt, but I kind of figure there is ALOT of damage.  destroyed.  The end of the world had come.  The tide of monsters is...well will to an extent be stemmed by a pair of circumstances.  The tech... will take time but ya can be repaired.  But for instance every computers hard drive has been wiped..

TFcommando

Guns and older cars will still work, those two things alone will make a big difference against of monsters that do not have either of those things. 😀 Which is why you went with the farm town setting, I’m guessing?

That suggests a character like an artificer or a RIFTS techno-wizard, who can make devices unique to themselves, but not necessarily get the generators running again.  Possibly with a mecha armor or warjack companion.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

craeric

Plus never see such.  I mean other then say smallville, where do you see things outside of a metropolis?

Ya guns are a good amount of power- and why the enemy attacks the USA first, but that's something that would be unknown.  As I say one of the characters I created uses power armor, the setting can support it.

But the EMP does do a considerable amount of damage, even after stopped.   Rebuilding would take a very long time most likely. 

TFcommando

A couple of books come to mind, 1632 by Eric Flint, where an entire Appalachian mountain town is dug out of time and space and ends up in Europe during the 30 Years War.  

Also "Island in the Sea of Time" by SM Stirling has the island of Nantucket hurled back to 1250 BC, both have a lot of how the small town works together to make the best of their very dangerous situations.

Stirling also did the "Dies the Fire" series in which a mysterious event makes all electricity and fast combustion stop working instantly, (so gunpowder doesn't work any more), instantly and messily ending civilization as we know it... the first few books follow the immediate aftermath and examines the communities that are made, often centered around a single individual that others emulate, then jumps ahead to the next generation.  Mostly prosaic, but magic is slowly returning to the world in a subtle way.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

craeric

Still interested in this, of course.

I might like one more player, but if not hopefully can start with fewer if nothing else.   Go ahead and send me character Ideas in PM's.  

TFcommando

Decisions, decisions!  I’ll try to narrow my ideas down and get one to you shortly.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Angie

I may have some ideas about this. How do people feel about a goo girl sort of hero?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

craeric

Differant for sure.  Sorry for the delay, Had a brutal week and was recovering from it.   A few things- in the setting she would most likley have to be human who got changed, probably what, stretching type powers?

Angie

I imagine it as a mix of stretching and morphing powers. Liquid form for when it's needed. Otherwise she's more or less human, just with lots of tricks.

craeric

of course.   I have seen some goo-girl pictures before, some are rather cute.  would you see her as...um...active sexually?  If it came to that?  Just curious how you see the character.  

Angie

Potentially? She wouldn't exactly turn it down but she probably wouldn't go seeking it, at least not at first. Even then she'll probably get more mileage out of Morph 3 (assume any humanoid shape). She might flirt but she'll also probably get real flustered if someone flirts back, it's how I am so I default to it. 

Unless the game gets really smutty. If we wanna go extra messy, I can adapt.

craeric

no I don't see a ton of smut.  just the potential- I want to leave it open to the players how they interact, and just wanted to be prepared one way or another.  

Angie

No worries at all, in that case, regardless of how flirty it gets she'll primarily be somewhat optimistic and as positive as she can be. Definitely the kind to insist, no matter what, things can get better.

TFcommando

Submitted my character, a newly awakened artificer or techno-mage with a magic sniper rifle and a heavy metal companion.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

craeric

I saw.   Angie, will need one for your character, will examine in greater depth later- ringt now relaxing after another long day at my real world job, heh.  

Captain Whitebread

What level of sexuality: I can work with anything, with a preference for 'bondage lite'
What system: The only one of the three I am familiar with is M&M
and would you prefer a larger or smaller city for the group to be part of?: small town works best

I'm thinking of a character that seems to have figured out how magic works... druid or shaman rather than wizard.

Animal control/empathy/communication
Plant control/empathy/communication
Elemental control.

That sort of thing.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Angie

I'm working on rebuilding an old sheet, and then transferring it from Myth-Weavers not as great sheet to a blank one I was given. It'll be in at some point.