Interset check - Would you like to know more? (Starship Troopers RPG)

Started by Hazel, January 16, 2023, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazel

Welcome new recruit! By watching this film it proves you are ready to take the first step of the rest of your life! To go boldly where no humans have gone before and earn your citizenship on the way. Whether exploring the distant and pleasure filled lands of the earth or the exotic stars of distant galaxies, there is always a spot for the brave and the bold in the ranks of the Mobile infantry and beyond!

It all starts with you taking a battery of tests shortly after you arrive at your location that you'll be training there. After weeks of hard work, dedication, and lots of learning you'll come to the day of being recognized as the fine new soldiers of the Mobile infantry! From there you can specialize as you choose. Whether it be keeping communications online as a comm tech, Maintaining the ships and building the walls of shelter for other soldiers as a Mechanic, bringing back the injured from the brink as a combat medic, or prowling the lines with your trusty hound as a neodog handler.

And that's not forget the need for as many pilots to man and fly the many crafts, both in the air, and in space, to deliver supplies, troops and, if need be, well placed destructive power at a moments notice. Ladies, this is the best chance you have to show all those guys who has the better aim!

ERROR ERROR
PLEASE REMAIN CALM
SOMEONE WILL BE RIGHT WITH YOU PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND STAY SE-

The screen goes to white as a screech sound fills the room from the speakers. Suddenly it goes quiet as a new video plays. It seems to be helmet footage from a someone in a lush jungle. Heavy breathing is heard from whoevers camera is recording this. Weapons fire can be heard coming from all angles. The dense vegetation blocking any sight of whats going on around the person as they look around rapidly. A scream breaks through close by to the and they jerk in the direction it has come from.

"Fuck these bugs! Fuck this shit! Where is everybody!" Before the camera can pick it up the soldier has opened fire on a seemingly empty patch of ferns. An unearthly scream of an animal can be heard as a splash of orange breaks through and covers the soldier, partially blocking the camera view. Coughing and sputtering the soldier attempts to clear themselves of the guts. Cursing as he tries to keep composure that they already lost.

Though watching the screen you begin to pick out a face from above the soldier who hasn't seen it. It seems to have skin that blends in with the surronding leaves with bits here and there that seem to be a light brown coloration. It seems to inch forward, more and more coming into view as you begin to recognize what it is. A helmet. A sudden flash blinds the camera as the soldier suddenly starts to scream. the camera cutting out and all you can see is more of the creatures suit as it drags the victim somewhere into the jungle before the feed cuts out.

PLEASE REMAIN CALM
PLEASE REMAIN CALM

There's a hiss and then a pop as the video from before starts to play again as though the video never stopped.

So what are you waiting for? Join up today and earn the right to be a citizen and a protector of the earth!

Shouts and screams can be heard from the other side of the door. Suddenly it crashes in as a soldier wielding a gun sweeps the room before setting it on you. "On the ground! NOW!" A slight scuffle and more screaming is heard as gunfire suddenly fills the space. Dropping to the ground in compliance you're quickly cuffed as the soldier walks out and nods to someone. Putting a finger to his ear, "This is Echo 5. We have the site under control. Everyone that saw the transmission is ready for transport. Over."

So what are you waiting for? Join today!

Hi! I've been craving a game to get my muse restarted and I've recently come across the Starship Troopers game. It's based off the movies, tv series, and some comics I believe. It seems pretty good for what it is, and takes more from the book side of things than the movie. Power armor, Bugs, and an all new threat on the edges of known space!

I was thinking that this game would follow a squad or squads as they go from raw recruits to fighting this new threat. Starting from basic towards the end of their version of hell week where they're doing live fire training on some bugs. A simple extermination to come to up to speed with the mechanics of the system and how combat with the bugs and soldiers works. Then to bounce around the earth fighting some human targets as we gain exp and spreading to classes beyond the basic unit. After that we get the first real fights against bugs on a certain planet in the solar system and start galaxy hopping from there and working out where the bugs are coming from and this new threat coming to bear.

You can read the book here. Characters sheets can be done with MythWeavers since it does all the fancy numbers magic for the most part and is super light weight.  Here is an example of a character sheet.

If all that sounds good, and you'd like to know the thrill of kiilin a few bugs with your fellow apes, let me know!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Cold Heritage

1) I empathically do not want to live forever.

2) My desire to know more cannot grow more intense.

3) I am not from Buenos Aires, but I do say kill them all. In fact, my xenophobia is so advanced it is on a Warhammer 40,000 level.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

*smiles*  Okay, this is the Starship Troopers d20.  Cool, I can learn this fast enough.  I'd like to play, please, if you'll have me. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Hazel

Quote from: AndyZ on January 16, 2023, 09:49:22 PM
Curious about a psychic but I don’t know the system.
QuoteWithdrawing interest.  Nothing against you the GM.

All good! Sorry to hear that you're withdrawing.

The system is pretty much a d20 one. Very much like DnD except Starship Troopers and with everything that comes from that. We roll to kill here.

For psychics it says that there's four types (telepaths,claisentience, psychometric, and probability control) and pretty much as soon as they join they are already marked as either having abilities or to keep an eye on because of signs of not being controlled. Each one would go through a special training that made them an officer off the bat and getting specialized training in whatever school they have.

Was thinking that each player could roll a d100 or something to see if they have any psychic ability and either have it manifest during training or during a mission of their choosing. This also would be between the player and GM until the reveal. If everyone was okay with that.

Quote1) I empathically do not want to live forever.

2) My desire to know more cannot grow more intense.

3) I am not from Buenos Aires, but I do say kill them all. In fact, my xenophobia is so advanced it is on a Warhammer 40,000 level.

Oorah! We don't discriminate here. Long as you can hold a rifle, can live by the values of the federation,  and are fine with eating and drinking bugs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner it doesn't matter where you come from!

QuoteThis sounds awesome.  Let me glance at the system. 
Quote*smiles*  Okay, this is the Starship Troopers d20.  Cool, I can learn this fast enough.  I'd like to play, please, if you'll have me. 

Nice! Okay. Yeah its a pretty simple thing. Lots of player freedom for how they want to class and use the environment around them. There's so many stats for so many things. Bio weapons, electricity, how much a strength check would be to yeet a full sized dumpster at something, even damage for radiation damage.