1887 - Wild West, Outlaws and Scoundrels - Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, August 13, 2023, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Wild West is one of my favorites! If there is still room, I’ll get to work on my character right away.

Tokyorose627

Unfortunately I gotta exit out of the game. Time and real life sadly are getting the best of me. ;_;

TheLaughingOne

Aw:( sorry to hear! Hope things start easing up for you!!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 12, 2023, 06:34:40 PM
Unfortunately I gotta exit out of the game. Time and real life sadly are getting the best of me. ;_;

Ahhhhh, that's sad to hear! I'm sorry! Hopefully you can re-join again in the future c:

Rustic

Quote from: CaptainErotica on October 11, 2023, 01:59:06 AMWild West is one of my favorites! If there is still room, I’ll get to work on my character right away.

Hi CaptainErotica! Certainly there's still room. Characters are still gathering to hear about the first job. Feel free to post up your character here.

Rustic

Announcement

Grizzly, WickedLittleWitch and I have taken over as GMs from Gnothi, as she is stepping down. She did a wonderful job setting things up and has revealed to us the path of the story. We'll be filling in the gaps, but we'll be keeping true to her original idea. We're keeping recruitment open for now, and we're moving on to the next chapter of the story very soon!

Edit: Wickedlittlewitch has left the game, so the GMs are now Grizzly and myself.

Madam Striga

Hello all! Are you still recruiting and/or are their any character niches that haven't been touched on?

Rustic

Quote from: Madam Striga on November 01, 2023, 04:54:44 AMHello all! Are you still recruiting and/or are their any character niches that haven't been touched on?

Hello Madam Striga, we're still recruiting! Perfect timing as the gang has arrived at the camp, and we just started chapter 2, where they got word that Earl was captured and put in jail. Very easy for you to come in.

Hmm, we have a fairly well-rounded crew so far, so we're open to most anything. We have a doctor, two native American women, a few who are good at sneaking around and doing recon, some good shots, one good at explosives, survivalists, ect. But fairly open to whatever you can dream up, and it doesn't matter if someone else has that same niche.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.

Madam Striga

Quote from: Rustic on November 01, 2023, 07:17:35 AMHello Madam Striga, we're still recruiting! Perfect timing as the gang has arrived at the camp, and we just started chapter 2, where they got word that Earl was captured and put in jail. Very easy for you to come in.

Hmm, we have a fairly well-rounded crew so far, so we're open to most anything. We have a doctor, two native American women, a few who are good at sneaking around and doing recon, some good shots, one good at explosives, survivalists, ect. But fairly open to whatever you can dream up, and it doesn't matter if someone else has that same niche.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.

Thank you I've dmed you :)

Kendra

Ok, colour me interested for sure.

I was thinking that seeing as I am a bit late to the party that my character was one of those captured and tossed into jail. Only getting out to discover of course that Earl left a letter about the new job and where to meet which of course my character will go to, but will just be later than everyone else ??? sound plausible?

If so I will start putting together a CS over the next few days.

Rustic

Kendra!

Well there's been 5 years since the botched job. So how long was YC in jail for?

Kendra

Quote from: Rustic on November 04, 2023, 10:56:53 AMKendra!

Well there's been 5 years since the botched job. So how long was YC in jail for?

Hey you *winks and playfully nudges*

I did get the character sheet off to you all a few days back so it should have been on that but I am going for the full five years :D So there'll be lots of grudges she'll be holding when she gets to the meeting house.

If it doesn't work, no bother at all - I can change up her CS - she's not written in stone ... yet

Rustic

Quote from: Kendra on November 06, 2023, 04:22:57 AMHey you *winks and playfully nudges*

I did get the character sheet off to you all a few days back so it should have been on that but I am going for the full five years :D So there'll be lots of grudges she'll be holding when she gets to the meeting house.

If it doesn't work, no bother at all - I can change up her CS - she's not written in stone ... yet

Nope the character looks good. I wrote that before I had a chance to read your CS. I'll be PMing you shortly.

Kendra

Quote from: Rustic on November 06, 2023, 09:03:07 AMNope the character looks good. I wrote that before I had a chance to read your CS. I'll be PMing you shortly.

Brilliant stuff :)

Will post her up to the approved section too and give the thread a read through.

Mercy Lane aka Whiskey
Mercy Lane
'Whiskey'

Character Name and Aliases:  Born as Mercy Lane - known as Whiskey since the age of sixteen

Writer Name:  Kendra

Face Claim:  Clara Paget

Age:  28 years or thereabouts - no certificate confirming or disproving it

Physical Information:  5 foot 6 inches /  mesmerising blue eyes but don't let those orbs fool you into thinking she's a lady/ copper red hair - all her own and not a drop from a bottle / long and straight, sometimes she wears a few braids, sometimes she just let's it hang loose - exceptin' when she is on a job - then that hair is pulled right back / Always has a not-exactly-clean look about her, as if she had a bath a week ago and not seen a tub since / Bullet wound in right back shoulder / knife wound just right of naval / bullet wound in left thigh - bit of a limp ever since. Her back is a mass of scars from multiple floggings in the penitentiary.

Personality:  There's a silly old wives tale that a redhead has a hot temper, when you get to meet Whiskey - you know it's no wives tale. She has a smart mouth that always lands her in trouble, two fists that get in a bit deeper, and a love of fighting that would rival any mans. The only time Whiskey is thinking is when she is aiming to shoot, she is a hot head. Never asks questions - just barrels straight on in as if she knows the answers. Whiskey got her name from the booze she can put away faster and harder than any man she has met yet ... or woman. She is good for a laugh, and one you want on your team if you need a steady long shot or a close encounter.

Known Biography:  It was said that she was born to preaching folk in the wilds of Wyoming. All that Mercy knows for sure is that the wagon train they were apart of never made it to the fort they were meant for, and them preaching folk of hers never got where they were meanin' to go. She up-scuttled the lot when she decided it was time to come into the world. And she is still up-scuttling the best laid plans to day. She don't know who gave her the name but it was with her when she started remembering, as far back as she can recall people just called her Mercy Lane.

Of course, there is also the story that her mama was a nobody who pushed the child out into the world down a backstreet, crying for help, pleading for mercy from anyone that walked by. Her earliest memory is stealing an apple, and getting hauled before the magistrate by the store owner who swore it was the last straw, that something had to be done about all the vagrant children. So Mercy got sent to Texas, to a convent school there where children were adopted in order to help with work. Several different 'homes' later and Mercy was back before another magistrate for stealing, fighting, cussing and threatening the man who had adopted her with a knife.

It didn't seem to matter what gender she was, or how old either - they flung her into a jail that had adult men and women, and people she knew were downright insane to boot. Seemed you didn't have to break the law to get in to one of them places. For another four years Mercy was in and out of these until some goody too shoes decided they would try to reform the penal institutions so that juveniles didn't get lumped in with hardened criminals. Mercy promised to be good, and not put a foot wrong again.

That was when she met Alistair Scarsdale, a veteran from the war he took her under his wing and showed her how to shoot. Not just a pistol which he figured any jackanape could do but long range, as he used to be during the war. She was good at it too, real good and it made her dangerous. Up till then she had been pretty sweet with her double blades, getting in for a close encounter and a swift dance but now she could have her pickings of who she took out. She was a gun for hire and her name got known.  Alistair died from exposure on a bitter cold winter, waiting for Whiskey to return from a job. The very one that had gotten her shot in the damn leg.

A year later and she met Earl, or he purposefully met with her. He had known Alistair and was doing him a favour by taking her in. There was something about Earl that Whiskey liked straight up, and she didn't like a lot of people. Ok, she didn't like anyone - Alistair and Earl were pretty much it. The rest of the world she tolerated. She became his sharp shooter, holding off in the distance to keep an eye out. To pick off anyone getting too close or looking ... odd.

Since the Botched Job:  At twenty three Whiskey during what was meant to be the heist of the century, had a sense that something was not on the up and up. True she wasn't one for thinking, and she trusted Earl completely but she couldn't shake the feeling. For some reason that to this day she still don't understand, she was not up high ready to pick someone off. She was put down on the ground close to the action. Somewhere she hadn't been with Earl's crew before. Shit went sideways fast, and Whiskey took a shot to the shoulder. She went down in more ways than one that day. Down with a wound and down in the slammer.

For six months they argued over what should be done with her, she had a record a mile long. This time there would be no goody two shoes, but she was saved from a hanging for being a woman an' all. Five years ... five years they kept her locked up and on the day of her release, a stranger met her giving her an envelope. She read as badly as she swore but Earl knowing as much put what he had to say in as few words as possible. She was wanted and she knew where to go. She always trusted him, but her time in prison has made her a bit less trusting. Made her a bit less inclined to act first and think next week. She's gotten handier with her fists, and blades and is simply itching to get her rifle back but Whiskey doesn't believe for a second that their last job was on the level, someone sold them out and she would find out who.

Specialty or Role:  Sharp shooter / Fire starter - picks a fight for distraction purposes

Notoriety:  Whiskey is ridiculously well known - from being in one penitentiary after another over the years - every duck that walks sideways knows who she is and what she is capable of doing. There are always rumours that she killed a man, or two or three - she is infamously known for her use with the rifle, as well as being able to drink anyone under the table. There has never been a wanted poster up for her however, no matter that for the record - she has shot seventeen people, knifed twelve and killed four.

Honor:  There is no honour among thieves and Whiskey hasn't an ounce of the stuff. Maybe she once had 100% loyalty to Earl but that got shaken on the last job, she ain't sure about him no more. So I'd say her honour ... that would be less than zero.

Horse:  She's been inside for five years, but make no mistake on her way to the meeting house - she'll pick one up - and will call the horse what she's called all her horses over the years  - Bullseye

Weapons: 
  • Two daggers - Jack and Jill - one on each hip
  • Colt SAA (Peacemaker) - underarm holster - Earl will have kept this for her.
  • Double-barrel coach gun - Betty - Earl better have kept this for her.
  • Winchester model 1873 lever action - picks it up on her way to the gang
Skills:
  • keen eyesight - needs it for sharp shooting
  • Sharp shooting - long distance steady shot (closest thing the wild west will have to a sniper)
  • Sharp shooting - long distance and close range moving target
  • Up close and personal knife fight
  • Inability to get drunk - has drunk more people under the table than she cares to admit to. Where she got her nickname.

Weaknesses:
  • rushes in where fools and angels fear to tread
  • her face is seriously too well known by everyone
  • hot tempered - loves a good bar fight ... or any kind of a fight
  • can ride a horse but damn don't expect her to sit one for several hours
  • gets right back up after being knocked down ... stubborn
  • crap at cards but plays anyway

Goals:  An early grave - what else is there?

Likes:  Sex - seriously she likes it with anyone, she don't mind once it isn't too weird. Whiskey - it got to be Irish and it got to be single malt.

Dislikes:  The world in general - it is too hard.

Other Important Information:  Not at this time.
[/font][/font][/size][/color]

Rustic

She's a great character, I forsee her and Bo getting along... sometimes. He is an ass. And Lazy.

Kendra

Drinking buddies for sure - am certain she will enjoy drinking him under the table!

Juggtacular

Is there room in the gang for one more? Also can somebody tell me how to bookmark pages? Haven't been able to figure it out since the site layout changed after the "reboot".

TheLaughingOne

Heyya Jugg!!

Pretty sure we are still recruiting with slots open!

And sadly, they havent gotten bookmarks setup yet for the new layout, but its something getting worked on:T
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Rustic

Yup! We're still open Jugg!

Send the application to me and Grizzly at the moment when you have it done.

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

And he is completed and sent away. After he is accepted, I look forward to setting up connections with anybody who wants to.

Rustic

Awesome! We'll take a look and once Grizzly and I look over your application, we'll get in touch with you.

Kendra

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 12, 2023, 03:57:10 PMIs there room in the gang for one more? Also can somebody tell me how to bookmark pages? Haven't been able to figure it out since the site layout changed after the "reboot".

Hey Jugg,

was having the very same problem with the bookmarking, another group told me about the alert button which isn't the same but sort of. 
At the top right hand of the page are buttons for reply, mark unread, print and no alerts or emails. 
click on the last one. It will give you a choice of alerts only, no alerts, alerts and emails etc.

Can't wait to see your character.

K

Grizzly

Bump

We are still accepting applications for characters.

If you are looking for a game with a relaxed posting rate and have wanted to play at being an outlaw in the old west, give us a look.

We've had some changes in GM, so please direct any inquiries to myself.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,