Discord

Started by Cynadea, September 03, 2017, 12:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

I don't see that information anywhere, so if it's been discussed I missed it.

The forum RP world is largely turning to Discord as it's chat rooms. Gamers of E most likely have an account on there. The server is free, it allows voice chat, several rooms and private messages. You could even have the Ladies/Lord/Liege only rooms there, if people agree to be sorted into groups when they join the server. It would combine the chatroom and mumble in one.

It's really useful for people like me who would rather keep my skype information to friends and family only.

I am aware that it would mean another place to manage and monitor, but I am sure you'd find reliable volunteers for it. I know I'm just back from a year long hiatus, but I'd be one of those volunteers. I can help set it up.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Ariel

This is actually something we, as staff, have been discussing :-) can't say any more than that just yet, but thank you for the suggestion!! :D
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Vekseid

Was planning on having it up earlier but now some things are moving quicker than expected on other fronts.

Al Terego

Please let us know when something is available.

Thanks,
-- Al

Nadir

we'll make a big thing of it, you won't miss when it hits!

SithLordOfSnark

I have moved to Discord for all my IM needs and since I despise IRC and rarely use the Shoutbox, this is something I'm definitely behind. :)
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Al Terego

Our of curiosity, what is wrong with IRC?

Nadir

Quote from: Al Terego on October 12, 2017, 07:48:34 AM
Our of curiosity, what is wrong with IRC?

What happened, is it down?

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nadir on October 12, 2017, 10:51:11 AM
What happened, is it down?

I think they're just asking why certain people (like myself) don't like it.

Al Terego

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on October 12, 2017, 11:57:49 AM
I think they're just asking why certain people (like myself) don't like it.

Exactly.  Apologies for not quoting.

Would you mind sharing your reasons for disliking it?

Nadir

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Al Terego on October 12, 2017, 12:16:21 PM
Exactly.  Apologies for not quoting.

Would you mind sharing your reasons for disliking it?

I have many reasons for disliking it, least of all the amount of spammers on IRC these days. I don't know if E's room gets hit by them, but so many servers/rooms are overrun by spambots.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on October 12, 2017, 02:02:46 PM
I have many reasons for disliking it, least of all the amount of spammers on IRC these days. I don't know if E's room gets hit by them, but so many servers/rooms are overrun by spambots.

IRCs rooms don't get hit by spammers, and if they find their way to the main room, they get banned.  (Because we IRC Ops are on that like white on rice....)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: The Dark Raven on October 12, 2017, 02:37:57 PM
IRCs rooms don't get hit by spammers, and if they find their way to the main room, they get banned.  (Because we IRC Ops are on that like white on rice....)

I still prefer Discord, especially since I remember to look at it but I ignore IRC. lol

Al Terego

Quote from: The Dark Raven on October 12, 2017, 02:37:57 PM

Apologies for the offtopic:
Discord (and most other IMs) allow me to have private communication with my friends, as well as get notified then they come on/off-line, etc.
Does IRC support that?  If so, do both of us need to be on the same IRC network?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Al Terego on October 12, 2017, 03:56:21 PM
Apologies for the offtopic:
Discord (and most other IMs) allow me to have private communication with my friends, as well as get notified then they come on/off-line, etc.
Does IRC support that?  If so, do both of us need to be on the same IRC network?

I have not seen an option that allows a friend list ping on IRC (I could be missing it, but I've not seen it).  All I know is specifically for the Sorcery.net hosted Elliquiy IRC rooms as run on mIRC.  There are other applications that you can use IRC through, but I am not sure about their friend-listing capabilities.  I literally use IRC for E and one other fan group I am in.  As a user of both Discord and IRC, both have their uses, imho.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Al Terego

I connected to the IRC channel via Pidgin (which I use for all my communication needs on the desktop/laptop, including Discord).  Said hello, got deafening silence in reply.  Is it active?

Inari

If I am honest I prefer Discord over Skype since it is lighter on my system and doesn't fight with any other software on my laptop over access to my microphone. That and I was getting tired of random bots adding me or scammers from overseas...

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Al Terego on October 12, 2017, 11:22:45 PM
I connected to the IRC channel via Pidgin (which I use for all my communication needs on the desktop/laptop, including Discord).  Said hello, got deafening silence in reply.  Is it active?

I just saw your in/out logging.  I was afk doing dishes.  This time of night it is very quiet.

Al Terego

Quote from: The Dark Raven on October 13, 2017, 12:05:21 AM
I just saw your in/out logging.  I was afk doing dishes.  This time of night it is very quiet.

Hmmm...  I just wanted to test that I can send/receive messages.  I'll try sending something again and will appreciate it if you tell me if you see it.  Thanks!

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Al Terego on October 13, 2017, 01:02:16 AM
Hmmm...  I just wanted to test that I can send/receive messages.  I'll try sending something again and will appreciate it if you tell me if you see it.  Thanks!

It works :)

SithLordOfSnark

IRC has /notify which pretty much "pings" you when someone comes online, but it's not as affective as Discord's friend system.

Cynadea

Sith... A familiar face I didn't know was around here. You joined during my hiatus. *waves*

My knowledge about IRC dates of a few years. Last time I hung on IRC for an extended time was almost 20 years ago. Last I downloaded mIRC, about 5 years ago, it looked like it offered the same options. I was never fond of it, I don't know how much of an upgrade it got in the last couple of years.

I suggested Discord because it's easy to set up a server, and easy to manage. Under the same servers, you can have categories, and multiple rooms available with just a click. It's easy to give people roles (groups) and even to set some rooms to be available only to some groups or make it so guests see only the "general" room, while verified members have access to everything. It has a NSFW setting that's appropriate for this place. There's a tag system that let's you know if someone wants you to pay mind to a comment in particular, even if said comment was done while you were offline. It shows images and gifs as more than just a link. It has voice chat, which could remove the need for mumble altogether. There's a friend list that makes private chat easier and lets you see who on there is online. There's a phone app that works decently well...

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Cynadea on October 15, 2017, 04:45:07 AM
Sith... A familiar face I didn't know was around here. You joined during my hiatus. *waves*

My knowledge about IRC dates of a few years. Last time I hung on IRC for an extended time was almost 20 years ago. Last I downloaded mIRC, about 5 years ago, it looked like it offered the same options. I was never fond of it, I don't know how much of an upgrade it got in the last couple of years.

I suggested Discord because it's easy to set up a server, and easy to manage. Under the same servers, you can have categories, and multiple rooms available with just a click. It's easy to give people roles (groups) and even to set some rooms to be available only to some groups or make it so guests see only the "general" room, while verified members have access to everything. It has a NSFW setting that's appropriate for this place. There's a tag system that let's you know if someone wants you to pay mind to a comment in particular, even if said comment was done while you were offline. It shows images and gifs as more than just a link. It has voice chat, which could remove the need for mumble altogether. There's a friend list that makes private chat easier and lets you see who on there is online. There's a phone app that works decently well...

I think Discord has an "in the works" thing going on, as Ariel said.  We also have the IRC, SB, and Mumble, so all angles are covered. :)

Al Terego

Oniya

Shout Box *points up*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Al Terego

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Cynadea on October 15, 2017, 04:45:07 AM

Well hello there. :)

SweetSerenade

I have to admit, I am all over the prospect of a Discord Server for E. I have found it very useful, and the ability to choose what rooms give alerts has been a godsend. Just, heavens help me the system for Discord is so much smoother than anything else. I can't even /remember/ my Mumble login - and I think I have to set up something new entirely because of the fact that I moved to a new system since then. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Missy

Personally I always found mumble to be acceptable, but then I don't care for pretty looks over function (the way many people do).

Also: I thought E wasn't going to do discord because of them selling info to others or some such as that.

Well . . . though anymore everything is for sale though right?

Al Terego

Al Terego

Vekseid

That was more of an issue when it was a question of how the hell are they going to monetize.

Now there's that, and I'm planning on having my integrations be (somewhat) platform agnostic. So if something happens to Discord it should be a matter of finding or building another platform rather than being dependent on them.

Al Terego

MagicalPen

The IRC room can be pretty quiet, but most people hang out in the ElliquiyLounge part of it (for approved members only). I don't even log into the regular part of the the IRC anymore.

The E-Mumble was dead last time I checked. People moved to Discord but seem to be a pretty elite group since the invitation wasn't given to everyone. Or at least that was the last I heard the last time I logged into Mumble. I don't bother anymore since no one was ever on it the last few times I joined.

I use discord for my gaming. I am not sure I would ever RP over Discord, but I think it could be a good alternative to Mumble.

The IRC is nice as its not voice based and I know a lot of people (for various reasons) don't want their voice being heard.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Al Terego

Quote from: MagicalPen on October 25, 2017, 09:01:29 AM
The IRC room can be pretty quiet, but most people hang out in the ElliquiyLounge part of it (for approved members only).

How does one get approved?

Haruki

I just want to say, the OP brought this up at a great time, as I try to rework my O/O thread and get my contacts in order.

Let's face it, the IMs and chats of old are all dinosaurs or discontinued (ICQ, IRC, YIM, AIM; which I just found out will be gone Dec 15), and MSN; basically Skype's IM features now), are old news.  It's all Discord, Kik and other 'app' type IM services now.

(Aside: Understandably, those 'apps' are accessed via a phone or wi-fi network (in home or public) on a phone or tablet.  This brings up the trouble of identifying info being let out there, which no one wants out there obviously.  I can see why such changes are slow in coming.  It's a complex mess.)

I was always wondering when some updates would be coming in this area, like as far as what contact info can be allowed.  I have a PM/offsite thread, and also want to update my O/O thread with these newer modern means of contact.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Oniya

The big restriction we have on offsite contact info is that it can not be put in request threads other than the 'Non Forum Request Board', or anywhere that non-members can see it.  Signatures are fine, O/Os are fine, PMs are fine.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Haruki

Quote from: Oniya on October 25, 2017, 04:15:08 PM
The big restriction we have on offsite contact info is that it can not be put in request threads other than the 'Non Forum Request Board', or anywhere that non-members can see it.  Signatures are fine, O/Os are fine, PMs are fine.

This is a HUGE help clarifying this for me (and others who are reading this thread and are new).  Thanks much.  :)
=====
My Introduction
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====

RedPhoenix

Non-members can't see signatures?

Huh. Learn something new every day.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Haruki

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 25, 2017, 04:49:54 PM
Non-members can't see signatures?

Huh. Learn something new every day.

Yeah, that surprised me too.  That or this must have just been implemented recently and I didn't catch wind of it.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Kye

It's been that way for years.  Just not something that comes up in conversation I suppose.

Sain

Discord is rather awesome. It's probably not gonna last forever, but all software gets old eventually so might still be nice to use it while it's the best thing around.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Al Terego on October 25, 2017, 09:47:32 AM
How does one get approved?

Hop in to IRC and we can take care of that :)

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Sain on October 26, 2017, 01:15:23 PM
Discord is rather awesome. It's probably not gonna last forever, but all software gets old eventually so might still be nice to use it while it's the best thing around.
To be fair, unlike most similar services which are either 'fire and forget' or open platform and rely on users to improve and build up the service, Discord is actively updating and adding new features on a near weekly basis. If they can sustain their development cycle, and continue to modernize, i dont see any reason that discord wouldnt continue on into the foreseeable future.

Sure, its gonna die eventually, but as long as they can stay on top of new trends that will be a very long way off indeed.

Most of the time services like these die because someone new came along and offered something better and people migrate away over time. But with Discord they can simply add the new trick to their existing platform, and as long as they can maintain critical mass of users, it will maintain its popularity.

EnchantedDream218

What do people on here mostly use: Discord or Mumble? I seem to go to Mumble sometimes and don't see many people there anymore so I got rid of it due not seeing many people around but I do miss voice chatting with others.

Should I use Discord now or just the shout box?

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

SithLordOfSnark

I literally only use Discord. I left AIM awhile ago since they're shutting down and I  am never on Skype, so Discord is the only messenger I use these days.

Reno

The big thing stopping me from switching over to Discord is that there doesn't seem to be any smooth way on the PC client to choose between multiple identities (and it's gonna be a snowy day in Miami before I put it on my phone!).

Al Terego

Quote from: Reno on December 09, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
The big thing stopping me from switching over to Discord is that there doesn't seem to be any smooth way on the PC client to choose between multiple identities

You don't have to use the PC client.  I use the web client and you can log in to it with a any registered username.  You can also open several in "private" windows.
I personally use Pidgin with a Discord plugin.  It's a bit raw but it works.

(and it's gonna be a snowy day in Miami before I put it on my phone!).

Ahem.

Reno

My privacy extensions make using the web interface hit or miss but the idea of a pidgin plugin seems like the perfect compromise, since that's what I was looking to  replace anyway, thanks!

And none of those events were in Miami. :)

Oniya

Quote from: Reno on December 09, 2017, 06:35:05 PM
My privacy extensions make using the web interface hit or miss but the idea of a pidgin plugin seems like the perfect compromise, since that's what I was looking to  replace anyway, thanks!

And none of those events were in Miami. :)

*cough*  ;D  (Of course, something that only occurs maybe every 40 years or so is kinda rare, but you might consider Sydney - which hasn't seen legit snow in 200 years.)

Reno

I dunno. Never in 200 years vs once in 400 years seems pretty close... And there might, somehow, be some contrivance of events that might have me install discord on my phone, so a non-zero but miniscule probability seems bang on what I was looking for. :)

Al Terego

Oniya, quick, install discord on Reno's phone while I distract him!

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Al Terego on December 09, 2017, 08:02:04 PM
Oniya, quick, install discord on Reno's phone while I distract him!
>:) ;D O:)

Oniya

Man, you do not want me anywhere near a smart-phone.  I'm lucky I can manage the dumb ones.  XD

TheHangedOne

I'd be all down for an official E-Discord. Voice chat is fun. There also would be an SB-like feature integrated into it, allowing for text channels... with a much longer memory than the current one (not saying to replace the SB, just that people could also chat on it like that if they didn't want to voice, or they could listen to voice and type responses back if they didn't feel comfortable/couldn't speak for whatever reason).

Quote from: MagicalPen on October 25, 2017, 09:01:29 AM
The E-Mumble was dead last time I checked. People moved to Discord but seem to be a pretty elite group since the invitation wasn't given to everyone. Or at least that was the last I heard the last time I logged into Mumble. I don't bother anymore since no one was ever on it the last few times I joined.
Mumble's always dead when I pop in, too, because the core crowd that was there decided to make a Discord channel of their own, as far as I know. But it was never an official one, just their own private hangout.

The big thing stopping me from switching over to Discord is that there doesn't seem to be any smooth way on the PC client to choose between multiple identities (and it's gonna be a snowy day in Miami before I put it on my phone!).
There is a way to change your display name on each of the servers you're on, but your primary handle--what you registered with--would stay the same. You wouldn't need to worry about people seeing what servers you belong to, though. If I add you as a friend on Discord, for instance, it will tell me the servers WE ARE BOTH ON--I.E. the Elliquiy one, but it won't tell me if you're ion the Knitting Club and it won't tell you that I'm in the Secret Panda Petters Club Discord.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Kazyth

I use Discord for some of my gaming stuff, but for E I have a Skype account set up specifically to chat with and plan with partners who don't like PM as much.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Al Terego

Pidgin has a plugin for Skype as well (and for many other protocols as well)

AmbrosiaPudding

I think I would also be down for an official E discord.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 3/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Reno

Quote from: TheHangedMan on December 10, 2017, 05:57:51 AM
There is a way to change your display name on each of the servers you're on, but your primary handle--what you registered with--would stay the same. You wouldn't need to worry about people seeing what servers you belong to, though. If I add you as a friend on Discord, for instance, it will tell me the servers WE ARE BOTH ON--I.E. the Elliquiy one, but it won't tell me if you're ion the Knitting Club and it won't tell you that I'm in the Secret Panda Petters Club Discord.

I keep a pretty strict separation of online identities, and that would be the twain meeting, so it's a no go.

I did reinstall Pidgin (I uninstalled it when they announced AIM was going dark, since that was my last account in it) with the discord plugin, though. So it's ready to go when I need it.

Evil Tim

I would completely be down for an E Discord.  It's the only IM service I use now that AIM's gone, Yahoo is stupid, and Skype has been disagreeing lately.

RedPhoenix

I like having only one IM program and discord is my favorite by far atm, so I would support an official E discord, maybe even to replace the shoutbox which is a bit primitive.

Yukina

An E Discord would be awesome. :)

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay, so, what is Discord and why does everyone keep trying to push me to get this damned thing?

I play Pokemon Go quite a bit, and those people keep pressing me for it, not to mention that I've had more than a few people just assume I had it (that's dumb) and demand some sort of contact information.

I've heard that people can use it for voice chats, but we already have Mumble and quite frankly, that's already a massive pain in the ass to try to figure out every time for what amounts to not a lot of fun once you get in and you're all cranky from having to figure out how to use it in the first place. Most voice programs aren't intuitive or simple. And about a year and a half/two years ago now, I was castrated for a time and lost SB privileges. As far as I know that was never meant to be permanent but it was never reinstated after I was turned loose again. I could have brought it up to staff, but honestly, I don't miss the function, largely because I was never really a good fit for the SB to begin with.

From the way this thread begins, it really sounds like we're being demanded, or at least heavily pushed, to sign up on Discord? Even with the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't the case and I just misinterpreted, I find myself wondering what purpose yet another (other, other, other, other, other) chat system would serve? We already have access to dozens of potentials, from Google Hangouts to Skype to ... I can't remember what it was called but it was a single program that amalgamated multiple account types... then we have mumble and the SB specifically for us, and now yet ANOTHER password to remember, another set of login, another program taking up space on computers and phones, ANOTHER system to try to figure out and learn to use and become familiar with before everyone drops it an heads to a new system anyway, making Discord eventually obsolete and pointless. I hate learning new systems. I wish people weren't so fickle. I honestly don't know what was wrong with MSN Messenger. :/

What can we gain from this system that we don't already have? What makes it a worthwhile investment? I suppose in short (and hopefully less standoffish) "Why should I?"
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Oniya

E is not going to require people to sign up for Discord, much as we don't require people to sign up for Mumble.  This is a proposed 'extra feature'.  I have heard that it is easier to use than Mumble and quite popular among gamers in particular, but I have no actual experience with it.

On a personal level, I don't use either Mumble or Discord simply because I don't like voice chat.  That should be enough of a reason for anyone (on E or off E) to stop asking you (personally) about it.

mioyumyum

So I created a server and such using discord. And I'd love to invite people to this server, but what if I just want to do 1 x 1 with someone? How do I invite them to the server, but keep it private in case other people know the server name?

Thorne

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on December 14, 2017, 03:35:25 PM
Okay, so, what is Discord and why does everyone keep trying to push me to get this damned thing?

I play Pokemon Go quite a bit, and those people keep pressing me for it, not to mention that I've had more than a few people just assume I had it (that's dumb) and demand some sort of contact information.

I've heard that people can use it for voice chats, but we already have Mumble and quite frankly, that's already a massive pain in the ass to try to figure out every time for what amounts to not a lot of fun once you get in and you're all cranky from having to figure out how to use it in the first place. Most voice programs aren't intuitive or simple. And about a year and a half/two years ago now, I was castrated for a time and lost SB privileges. As far as I know that was never meant to be permanent but it was never reinstated after I was turned loose again. I could have brought it up to staff, but honestly, I don't miss the function, largely because I was never really a good fit for the SB to begin with.

From the way this thread begins, it really sounds like we're being demanded, or at least heavily pushed, to sign up on Discord? Even with the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't the case and I just misinterpreted, I find myself wondering what purpose yet another (other, other, other, other, other) chat system would serve? We already have access to dozens of potentials, from Google Hangouts to Skype to ... I can't remember what it was called but it was a single program that amalgamated multiple account types... then we have mumble and the SB specifically for us, and now yet ANOTHER password to remember, another set of login, another program taking up space on computers and phones, ANOTHER system to try to figure out and learn to use and become familiar with before everyone drops it an heads to a new system anyway, making Discord eventually obsolete and pointless. I hate learning new systems. I wish people weren't so fickle. I honestly don't know what was wrong with MSN Messenger. :/

What can we gain from this system that we don't already have? What makes it a worthwhile investment? I suppose in short (and hopefully less standoffish) "Why should I?"

Probably either Trillian or one of it's cousins. I can't speak for any of the cousins; I'm only familiar with Trillian, and ...YMMV, and so on. Use what you like. ^^;

I'm not a fan of Discord - I have it, but I also have Mumble, and so far the only thing Discord has that Mumble doesn't is that it's easy to set up and get into. Er. I think Discord might also have a webcam plugin. I think. Maybe. I'm not sure....
Mumble has a learning curve, but I think they're basically the same program; one is just prettied up and streamlined... and not run on a server that anyone you know controls, which is the part that makes me, personally, twitchy about Discord.
Mumble? Mr. Thorne runs a Mumble server. E's Mumble server is run by Veks. I know, more or less, where and what I'm connecting to, something I can't say for Discord.

Leaving aside the name, which just.. *sigh*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Oniya on December 14, 2017, 03:55:53 PM
E is not going to require people to sign up for Discord, much as we don't require people to sign up for Mumble.  This is a proposed 'extra feature'.  I have heard that it is easier to use than Mumble and quite popular among gamers in particular, but I have no actual experience with it.

On a personal level, I don't use either Mumble or Discord simply because I don't like voice chat.  That should be enough of a reason for anyone (on E or off E) to stop asking you (personally) about it.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of voice chat with just random people, largely because you always get a few people that dominate the conversation and everyone else just has to go along with it. Eventually, you get bored and wander away to do your own thing. That said, it's not so much that individual people are relentless about it, more about the fact that one person will push until I say "no, and I won't ever, so stop it." And then the next person pushes until that point, and the next, and the next.... people looking at me like "Why the hell don't you have Discord?" Or sitting there trying to enumerate the virtues of it like "But... it has..._______" As though that's somehow going to change my mind.

I got to the post in this thread where people were saying what sounded like "We have a plan for Discord, just wait!" And I groaned. It may be I'm cranky because I'm exhausted, but I feel like this is another social media trendy thing that's going to be on its way out soon enough. There've been like, six "next big thing"s in the last two years. There's no reason to set up something official for every trend that comes along.

But if we're not making it mandatory, then I'm satisfied. Carry on!
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Thorne on December 14, 2017, 05:05:41 PM

Leaving aside the name, which just.. *sigh*

Hahaha. Yeah, if you want to make something social, why call it "This is where you'll fight a lot!"

I honestly had no idea this thing was bigger than PoGo, I'd never heard about anyone else using it till just today with this thread.

Ket

Quote from: Oniya on December 14, 2017, 03:55:53 PM
On a personal level, I don't use either Mumble or Discord simply because I don't like voice chat. 

It also supports text chat, both group and individually.

It really is designed mostly for gamers, as it runs concurrently with Steam, and will tell you which games those on your friend's list are currently playing (if they are playing any).

I like it for several reasons. One, most of the old IM systems are either disappearing or dying. AIM is gone, YIM is integrated into their horrible website interface, and I don't think Hotmail's chat client works any longer. That leaves IRC, which I have personally never understood, Skype, which is just annoying, and Google Hangouts, which requires me to have an extra email account as I'm not sharing my personal one with anyone on E, no offense. Two, it's easy to use, at least for me. Servers are easy to maneuver through, posting images and gifs is quite easy, and the design is simple without appearing like it is decades old.

But that's just me and my reasons.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Ket on December 14, 2017, 06:47:09 PM

It really is designed mostly for gamers, as it runs concurrently with Steam, and will tell you which games those on your friend's list are currently playing (if they are playing any).

I like it for several reasons. One, most of the old IM systems are either disappearing or dying. AIM is gone, YIM is integrated into their horrible website interface, and I don't think Hotmail's chat client works any longer. That leaves IRC, which I have personally never understood, Skype, which is just annoying, and Google Hangouts, which requires me to have an extra email account as I'm not sharing my personal one with anyone on E, no offense. Two, it's easy to use, at least for me. Servers are easy to maneuver through, posting images and gifs is quite easy, and the design is simple without appearing like it is decades old.

tbh, before I heard AIM was shutting down, I refused to use Discord, but when they made that announcement, I needed to transition SOMEWHERE and Discord was just easiest.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: mioyumyum on December 14, 2017, 05:01:21 PM
So I created a server and such using discord. And I'd love to invite people to this server, but what if I just want to do 1 x 1 with someone? How do I invite them to the server, but keep it private in case other people know the server name?

You can use the PM part of Discord for 1v1 stuff.

Also, Discord does not require a headset or mic to use.  I use it as a typey chat thing.

RedPhoenix

Yeah I don't voice chat and I use discord as a chat program. It's the one most people from E are on these days. It has a bunch of good features, my favorite is that it's not anything you have to install you just log into it like a webpage.

Fury Aphrodisia

See, being a gamer was how/why I was relentlessly pressured to join Skype for two years till I finally did it. If you're just using it as a text chat, I don't get why all the hate all of a sudden. Like were people lying to me? Are they lying to me about Discord, too? I get that Skype updates insufferably frequently, (I think this newest one is second or third one this year) but it works just fine on my phone and I never load chat on my computer anyhow. Computer is browser, phone is chat.

On top of which I have four Google emails, so Hangouts isn't bad. People keep saying Discord is easy to use but I've watched people use it and motherfucker is convoluted as fuck.

I honestly do not understand peoples' obsession with chat rooms. I never feel the inclination to chat with a whole bunch of people I don't know. You can't have a decent conversation with people talking over each other like that. Hell, I barely want to be physically in a room with a bunch of people I DO know. After five or six, it's just too much.

I guess that's why I prefer Skype. I have one text conversation with one person if I need it. I have never been faced with a situation where I've needed more than that and I generally leave group chats after I get the gist of the information. So, for one-on-one, direct relay, phone-based chat service, I don't feel like the hate Skype gets is warranted.

Plus, it makes me really fucking bitter that I'm expected to migrate chat systems every 2-4 years because something new is trendy and that's where everyone is, making all the time and effort pointless. Why make me switch if you're just going to leave in two years anyways?

Ket

To be honest, I haven't used Skype in a couple of years. And using it for text purposes then was horrible for me, because there was no way to enlarge the font size (at least that I found), and the font was so intolerably tiny.

To each their own. Signing up for Discord won't be required to continue to use E, so you are good there.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Ket on December 14, 2017, 06:47:09 PM

everything she said.  Discord is amazing because you can be in multiple servers, have text and voice chat, and one on one messaging at the same time. 

Al Terego

Some random ramblings...

Quote from: RedPhoenix on December 14, 2017, 07:11:13 PM
Yeah I don't voice chat and I use discord as a chat program. It's the one most people from E are on these days.

Out of curiosity, what Discord servers E people usually hang on?

Quote from: RedPhoenix on December 14, 2017, 07:11:13 PM
It has a bunch of good features, my favorite is that it's not anything you have to install you just log into it like a webpage.

Truth be told, most chat platforms have web interfaces nowadays.  Looking at my bookmarks: Trillian, Jabber, Skype, Discord, Hangouts, YIM (became crap), AIM (dies tomorrow), F-chat, Facebook...  I'm sure there are others, I just don't use them.

In short: there is no need to install anything.

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on December 14, 2017, 07:27:59 PM
See, being a gamer was how/why I was relentlessly pressured to join Skype for two years till I finally did it. If you're just using it as a text chat, I don't get why all the hate all of a sudden. Like were people lying to me? Are they lying to me about Discord, too?

Nobody is lying to you.  Tastes change, fashions change.  The real me has several chat apps on the phone because different friends use different ones.  It is about facilitating communications, nothing more.  Now the virtual me (the one you know as Al Terego) refuses to use the apps that require the phone number or other shenanigans, and does most of the chatting from the desktop.

motherfucker is convoluted as fuck.

That's a technical term, right?

I honestly do not understand peoples' obsession with chat rooms. I never feel the inclination to chat with a whole bunch of people I don't know. You can't have a decent conversation with people talking over each other like that. Hell, I barely want to be physically in a room with a bunch of people I DO know. After five or six, it's just too much.

A chat room is where you meet the people and decide whether you want to have private chats with them.  Think of it as a party where you meet somebody and socialize with them before deciding to give them your number or asking them on a date.

Plus, it makes me really fucking bitter that I'm expected to migrate chat systems every 2-4 years because something new is trendy and that's where everyone is, making all the time and effort pointless. Why make me switch if you're just going to leave in two years anyways?

Why is it a problem?  You make an account, maybe install an app (or use the web page), and that's it.  Discord, for example, does not need your personal information.

I mostly chat on the desktop.  I use Pidgin for most of my chat needs, but sometimes drop into the Discord web page to check some interesting channels.  Since I use the same application, if a friend decides to switch from Hangouts to Skype (for example), I just associate their two accounts together and don't lose the history.

It really boils down to personal preferences and willingness to accommodate others.

Oniya

Quote from: Al Terego on December 14, 2017, 09:55:06 PM
Some random ramblings...

Out of curiosity, what Discord servers E people usually hang on?

Please remember that this thread is in a public part of the site and that contact information - including names of chat servers - cannot be posted.  You are free to PM this sort of thing.

RedPhoenix

Beyond that I don't actually hang out on any general E servers so I couldn't tell you anyway. :)

Mintprincess

Quote from: Oniya on December 14, 2017, 10:04:43 PM
Please remember that this thread is in a public part of the site and that contact information - including names of chat servers - cannot be posted.  You are free to PM this sort of thing.
I’m pretty sure the name of the server wouldn’t matter.  To join a server ok discord you need an invite code that must be generated by an owner or member depending on the settings.  Username are a different matter and those should definitely not be posted. 

Al Terego

Why would a chat server name be considered contact information?
It's no different than saying that one is also playing on BM, which people do all the time.

Nadir

We do consider comments like "I have a deviantart account" as contact info, if the name is the same - what can and cannot be achieved on discord is something we are still figuring out so please allow us to beg caution for the sake of safety, and keep details to the private sections of the site.

RedRose

Glad that we don't have to sign up. I never go to chat rooms. What for? If I trust someone enough I'll give my Google hangout (anonymous/RP account) and if we get THAT close over months, I might be ok with vocal/audio whatever. But as a given? No way.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Al Terego

Quote from: Nadir on December 15, 2017, 03:23:34 AM
We do consider comments like "I have a deviantart account" as contact info, if the name is the same - what can and cannot be achieved on discord is something we are still figuring out so please allow us to beg caution for the sake of safety, and keep details to the private sections of the site.

Fair enough.  What would be the right place to discuss external Discord servers?  The "On Topic" board?

Caeli

On Topic would be a good place, I think. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Fury Aphrodisia

That's a technical term, right?

I'm going to assume this wasn't intended to be unnecessarily antagonistic...

A chat room is where you meet the people and decide whether you want to have private chats with them.  Think of it as a party where you meet somebody and socialize with them before deciding to give them your number or asking them on a date.

It must be a cultural disconnect, because that seems equally bizarre to me. But aside from that, since we're talking about it particularly in context of an official Elliquiy server (also, why does a chat service have different servers, this seems really weird to me), I would point out that we already have a system like that. Elliquiy. Elliquiy is the system by which we talk to people in our community before deciding if we want to give them any further contact information.

Personally, I don't understand the idea of wanting to wade into a crowd of people you don't know and start random conversation. I'm not saying there's no legitimate reason for it, only that I don't understand it.

Why is it a problem?  You make an account, maybe install an app (or use the web page), and that's it.  Discord, for example, does not need your personal information.

I mostly chat on the desktop.  I use Pidgin for most of my chat needs, but sometimes drop into the Discord web page to check some interesting channels.  Since I use the same application, if a friend decides to switch from Hangouts to Skype (for example), I just associate their two accounts together and don't lose the history.

It really boils down to personal preferences and willingness to accommodate others.

I take a gigantic, steaming pile of issue with this argument.

Firstly, it's not just making an account and that's it. It's learning a whole new system, it's signing up for yet another set of records, usually having to merge systems and then you become a part of someone else's organization. You get emails and contact information and as a woman on the internet, I can promise you that it's never so simple as "Ignore it/them." Every new system you come into contact with comes with its own lovely set of people who will try to seek you out, will try to harass you and make it utterly unpleasant to try to figure out your way around. In Skype, I still get messages asking me for contact information from people I don't know. Just a few days ago, I got a contact request that came with a lovely, ever-mature symbol outline of a phallus. Nobody wants that.

And if you think being a gamer and female on the internet is "just" that simple, there's a whole other conversation we're going to have to have before we can see eye-to-eye enough to have this one. In the end, though, it's not just signing up and away you go. You have a whole new set of options, navigation, filters, commands, necessities to familiarize yourself with, and if you don't specifically have someone who is patient and dedicated to the idea of showing you the ropes and happens to be an insomniac with 24-hour accessibility, you're going to have to sort things out on your own at some point. Generally speaking, the tutorials written for communication platforms are ironically terribly communicated.

A willingness to accommodate others isn't making communication any easier. In fact, complicating the fact by introducing a plethora of new platforms to use is actually making it harder to communicate, particularly since each of these systems has their own culture, their own shorthand, their own expectations and methods by which to keep in contact. Instagram on Facebook connected to the Microsoft account that's actually now Outlook and my Tumblr is part of my Yahoo which I'd never have if not for the fact that Goggle doesn't really have anything that's good for blogs like Tumblr is, so I use my Google Hangouts to talk to whatever people aren't on my Skype. Thankfully, AIM shut down because frankly, I can't keep up. That's too much, enough already. Trillium and Pidgin are a good attempt at making things a bit easier, but when i tried to use it, there was nothing even remotely intuitive about it and I had to abandon the attempt before I managed to do anything with it that was remotely helpful.

And then there's the coding. Those who feel that it should be second nature to figure out what all the little symbols are supposed to mean. I can barely keep up here on Elliquiy, though I've learned a lot since I got here, it's nowhere near what many are able to accomplish. I can't read symbols and the like the way regularly-reading people are able to do. It's a long story, but the short of it is that just because dislexia is the most famous cousin, doesn't mean that others don't exist. Aside from that, I'm per-millennial. Those who came just after me are the ones that are more capable of doing the outstanding things that computers can do, because they're fluent in the language. I speak eight languages with varying degrees of fluency, but computer is not one of them. I was still trying to figure out how to use ICQ (by virtue of peer pressure) when I was coerced into MSN messenger and that set precedent for all the ways I've had to be virtually forced into new chat systems for the last eighteen years (Starting when I was fourteen with ICQ).

I have three jobs and two kids under five and thirty dogs to train and exactly no time to try to decipher what fourteen year old girls are using today that will only have to change the way we communicate tomorrow so that by next Thursday we're ready to do the same exact thing but backwards and now with filters!

All of this combines to make me resent every person who proceeds to tell me "But this one's EASY! It's more CONVENIENT! It's not a big deal, this is what people are doing now!"

"Why is it a problem? All it is is changing apps."

That's not all it is. And the trouble is that I start a new program, and starting about two months in, people who were pressing me to change in the first place are no longer available, because they've migrated to something else. Another few months and they tell me they're never going to use the system I'm using again and if I want to keep in contact with them, I can migrate or cut my losses. So I switch. But by the time I switch, it's time for them to go to something else. Usually it's because they've started playing a new game and they have decided that they want to keep in contact with the new people more than myself.

So to hear someone tell me in such a patronizing way that there's nothing to it and that I'm essentially overreacting (if that was not your intent then I apologize, but that's how it's come across) is incredibly frustrating. I've been going through this for more than a decade and a half and I'm just about ready to give up. Yeah, I wanted to be a part of some of the stuff people were doing on Mumble that we couldn't get to any other way. But Mumble was too much for me to learn at the time and there was no one really helping because they were all doing the events. No one's problem, no one's fault. But now to hear that there's yet another system that I'll have to try to figure out in order to be able to join my friends is... I'm better off at this point just plain giving up on the ability to communicate with my friends and just let them go on ahead without me than I am to keep tormenting myself by trying to keep up with the ever-decreasing attention span of chat systems.

Oniya

If you don't want to use it, don't use it.

If you like it and someone doesn't, don't try to shame, browbeat, or otherwise coerce them into using it.  This is not the debate forum.

Fury Aphrodisia

Yes, ma'am. Will leave my comments off now, here.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on December 15, 2017, 09:57:08 AM

That wasn't antagonistic (he's teasing).

<<snip>>

As a mother of twins aged 17 months, with 2 jobs and renovating a house, I also see where it could be daunting to start a new chat system.  I totally get it.  I was also -very- resistant to making a Discord account (which was grand total picking a username) and learning to use it.  It took me about a week of very little use to figure it out on my own (no training wheels and no trainers).  It's pretty painless--less so than the umpteen bajillion changes Google forces on you to use (or not use) Hangouts or G+.  That being said, Discord is very optional.  I use it in my capacity as an E Mentor and to communicate with some gaming friends (yes, I'm a female hardcore gamer).  I do not use the headset/mic feature (more a technical issue with my computer than anything--I have used Ventrilo/Mumble/TeamSpeak in the past), but use it as a chat feature (one that I no longer get using AIM/Y!/MSN/ICQ as they have gone the way of the dodo, essentially, or Skype that most of my contacts have moved onto something else).

It really comes down to choice.  No one is forcing anyone to use it, but there are many folks on E that seem to think it would be something they would use as an optional feature.  I think it may be a useful thing as platforms like IRC get older (I'm a mod there for E and we have a few people that talk but many that dont, and the room has gotten smaller over the years--it may be a good update, honestly).

Al Terego

Whoa Fury, please turn that flamethrower off, I am not your enemy.
Nothing in my post was intended to offend or disrespect.

It was wholly tongue-in-cheek.  I apologize if my humour offended you.

A willingness to accommodate others isn't making communication any easier.

There are two people, let's call them A and B, that communicate on one platform.  At some time, A decides to switch to another platform and asks B to do the same, but B is reluctant to do so.  I see three possible outcomes:
1. A accommodates B by keeping using the old platform.
2. B accommodates A by using the new platform (either instead of, or in addition to the old one)
3. Neither party accommodates the other and communication breaks down.

I have personal experience with all three options.
When Yahoo changed their YIM platform to the abhorrent pile of crap that it is now, I asked several of my online friends to use a different platform (Jabber).  Several agreed, one refused to use anything but YIM and unfortunately that meant that our communications are now limited to PMs.  Some other friends wanted me to use their platforms of choice instead (Skype, Hangouts, Discord) and I did.

I understand from your post that you have special circumstances that make it hard, or even unfeasible for you to accommodate the other parties, which only means that they need to make an effort to accommodate you.  That's how it should work, at least in theory.

It is an unfortunate fact that we live in the age of mass production aimed at the widest audience, and often people who do not fit the mould get left by the wayside.  It is not in my power to change this.

However, it is in my power to try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.  I cannot offer you 24/7 support, obviously, but I can try to walk you through things.  My PM inbox is open.

Peace,
-- Al

mioyumyum

I would not force anyone to use discord, but I must say - I have been using it for about 3 days now. It is easy and intuitive. I created a server which was not necessary, and I found an RP partner who created a channel and 2 sub channels underneath it just for us. One is OC, one is the RP we are working on.

I don't know what happens when we finish that RP and want to do a new one. But it is all saved.

So I've been fairly happy so far. Thanks for bringing the service to my attention.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Mintprincess on December 14, 2017, 07:42:43 PM
everything she said.  Discord is amazing because you can be in multiple servers, have text and voice chat, and one on one messaging at the same time.
Hey Minty, glad to see you around. And yeah, agreeing 100% with what Minty has said. Having said that, I can understand why some people don't/won't/can't change, and it's okay. Everybody should be more or less free to do as they please (with the obvious caveat of do no evil).  Discord is a thing now. It will likely be a thing for a long time. I've also found that it works better to have just it running on my computer than most other similar messengers; less 'bogging down'.
Check out my poet tree!

DominantPoet

I personally use Discord as much as humanly possible for everything now. What with AIM being taken down, Yahoo having done that bizarre makeover which has zero way of expressing to others if you're actually on or not, and Skype's most recent update which was bizarre and I highly question the rationality of whoever thought it was a good idea, ever...

Took a bit to learn how servers and all of that work, but it's pretty ingrained into me now, to the point I keep trying to do things in the SB on here that I can't do (like the thinking emoji) :D

It is impressive how much they keep adding to it though, even if I do just briefly look over the update pop up once in a while and go "yeah, that's nice".

Crimson Caine

I find the whole Discord thing for writing stories strange and fascinating, in that I've never considered it before.  I only started on Discord about a year and a half ago mainly out of my gaming stuff.  I run a clan and we tried to get people over to it and it didn't work, and then I hooked up with a Twitch streamer and became a Mod and Twitch users are very big into using Discord.  It is a bit strange to get used to at first, not very intuitive I don't feel. But I now chat all the time on there with gaming people and use the voice chat for some streams as the Streamer I mod for prefers it over in game party chat.  It's a very interesting community and the way you can section off games could really work for planning stories.  And possibly writing them if you enjoy the more short, chat based ones.  I think it's something that I'm not much of an IM user but I love using Discord now, to the point of being a little addicted to it when I'm supposed to be working.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Cynadea

Well, if there's a discord server for E members out there, please PM an invite (if you want me over there, of course)

Mintprincess

Quote from: Cynadea on January 01, 2018, 06:47:15 AM
Well, if there's a discord server for E members out there, please PM an invite (if you want me over there, of course)
me too please <3

TheHangedOne

It would be unofficial, but if there was enough demand for it, I could set up a basic channel. Nothing too fancy.
Check out my poet tree!

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Al Terego

Any one can set up a discord server. I think that people want an official one.

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Al Terego on January 01, 2018, 02:28:46 PM
Any one can set up a discord server. I think that people want an official one.

This.

Oniya

And Veks has made comments upthread about an official one being 'not yet, but in the works.'

SweetSerenade

I'm down for even just an 'unofficial' one to hang out in. Would be pretty cool.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

The Green One

Not available for new stories

Life in Color

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 01, 2018, 03:03:09 PM
I'm down for even just an 'unofficial' one to hang out in. Would be pretty cool.

There is an unofficial one, but since it’s unofficial, it’s not subject to E’s rules and whatnot.

I’m sure someone has a link to it somewhere.

Sain

Oh there already is?

Share, share :D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Oniya

As stated upthread, there is no official Discord channel, although one is in the works.  As this is not an appropriate board to discuss non-official Discord channels, this thread is now being locked.