Another Year, Another Request Thread. (M LF F)

Started by Starcaller, April 28, 2024, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcaller

Hello there!
Another year went by and here I am, coming back to Elliquiy after another break, in hopes that I might satisfy a little writing craving of mine! My writing muse has been on vacation for a good while now, but it was only days ago that I remembered about a story that myself and a partner had begun writing on here, and suddenly wished that it would've been taken through its course, which it sadly has not, though it was put an end to on amiable means. Still, the potential of it evolving into a full-grown story really got my writing mood kicking back into gear and thus, I come here to see if I can't find someone that I could start this anew with!
I will not waste much of your time by going into detail about what kind of writer I am, what I can do and all that! If you want, you can snoop around my posting history and everything to gauge that. I also had an on-off thread around here somewhere, I'll have to look for it sometime, but for now, I really, really just wanna throw this search thread together hoping I might find someone up for it! At a later time, however, maybe this thread will expand with more ideas!
The plot!
The Tenant
A USMC veteran fallen on hard times decides to return to the small Southern town where he grew up and attempt to start anew. After finding out YCs posted note about offering a room for rent, he decides to try his luck, realizing that the place is actually a farm. With very little in terms of money, he decides to instead offer his services as a worker in exchange for sleeping accommodations. What he doesn't know, however, is that YC is a woman who's recently out of a relationship with a man who doesn't seem to want to accept that it's over, a man who is quite popular around town for all the wrong reasons. 
Final notes!
Yes, it's very slice-of-life, maybe even cliché, so hey, sue me! But this is what I wanna write and I wouldn't have peace of mind if I didn't at least try to put it out there again! If by some miracle you are interested, please, please send me a PM and let's talk! I will leave you now with the thread of the old story, just in case you wanted to have a glimpse at what got me in such a mood!