Notifications

Started by Flower, January 08, 2022, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Hey! Is there any kind of way for threads to email your own posts? I have the notification system set up for my 1v1s and certain group threads, but it usually only sends my partner's posts to my email. I'd like to enable it for my posts too. This will be helpful for the moments when I accidentally overwrite a post when I just meant to steal an old tag header.

Oreo

I don't know about making it email automatically to you, but you can copy your post right after making it and PM to yourself (click right under your profile picture) and it will send the PM to you and your email.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Flower

I'll have to try and work that into my posting routine. Thank you. ^_^

Oreo

;D It's nice having gmail back up copies of everything. It has become my file cabinet.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Geraint

I do it a bit differently with a similar effect.  I save the entire thread every time I make or receive a post. Each time it overwrites the previous save. And there is always an entire copy of the story with both of our posts in  the order posted.

It takes but three clicks (one on the "print" link at the top on the thread, one on the "save this page" link in my browser, and a third when asked to confirm the overwrite).  All of the threads are saved to a single folder on my desktop.