Justice League - Out of the Shadows Closed

Started by Kadigan, January 22, 2018, 04:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

You are thinking Killer Frost from the Flash TV series.  She was not the first Killer Frost, so a pitch which used Crystal Frost or Louise Lincoln could be made.  Again, she would be another on the bubble character with a case made for or against.   All a person could do is float it up and let the GM's decide if the pitch meets with what they are looking for or not.

I want to say if a player wants to pick out one of the Amazons and have them take up the mantle of Wonder Woman again, try for it.  I would pitch it in the manner of how Wonder Woman was originally portrayed and instead of how she is now.  There were only so many immortal Amazons, granted so by their patrons, and a singular gift.   Diana got her powers from items so blessed by the Gods, the Larriet of Hestia, the Boots of Hermes, the Aegis of Athena, the Crown of Hera, the Girdle of Zeus.  Without these items she was human as everyone else. It was only in Post Crisis Earth they made her into an immortal and her blessings from the Gods were part of her naturally instead of part of items she wore, turning her into a female Superman.   While another Amazon like Io, Calyce, or Cilo could come forth to carry on Diana's legacy, she would not be a clone of Diana and thus need to approach being a hero in a very different way than Diana or Donna Troy would.  At least it would be how I pitch her if I wanted to give her a try.

My $1.50 for what its worth.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on January 22, 2018, 10:39:58 PM
I think it may just be Risk for me.  I don't follow DC as much as I followed Marvel (emphasis on past tense) so I don't know about all the obscure characters.

Risk is a good choice. He was the cocky one so he could see this as the chance he always deserved.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Foxy Oni on January 22, 2018, 10:42:43 PM
Risk is a good choice. He was the cocky one so he could see this as the chance he always deserved.

Hmmm.  It's a toss up between early carefree cocky Risk and later post-arm angry depressed Risk.  On a side note I forgot how horrible 90's comic costumes were....
Coming soon...

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on January 22, 2018, 10:50:46 PM
Hmmm.  It's a toss up between early carefree cocky Risk and later post-arm angry depressed Risk.  On a side note I forgot how horrible 90's comic costumes were....

It was a cruel decade. Just look at my poor gal...

Norsegod1839

I'm going to go with the question I think! Just because I love animated question! No face and all!

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Foxy Oni on January 22, 2018, 10:56:53 PM
It was a cruel decade. Just look at my poor gal...

The ladies had it way better in my opinion.  Also, Arisia always looks good (except when she's like...9).
Coming soon...

BlackStone

No so sure on that.  I know its Marvel, but we have the horrid X-Factor costumes, and Jean Grey, the original Psylocke before they made her hot sexy ninja.

NosCorventius

Been gone a long time but this looks like a great place to stage a comeback. Not sure who yet since the question has been spoken for maybe Dr. Midnight or Stripes from the JSA's reserves list or one of these other guys I found on the minor character lists

Cerdian - son of Dolphin and Aqualad/Tempest - only mentioned once after crisis and seen prior only as an infant. Whereabouts and whether the child survived are unknown. Last seen in the care of his Mother. ( thinking a mix of his parents powers. Appearance is human but with white hair and pale eyes. super strong, able to breathe water, Atlantean magic water control.

John Vance AKA Bat-Man Jr. - this is actually my Favorite. John Vance was Bat-mans sidekick prior to Dick Grayson. he only appears in one story but its in one where Robin is afraid of being replaced because Jr, is smarter than he is and has more experience working along Bat-man. (seeing him as a slightly order gymnast, mid to late -30's, working as a coach at Hudson University, who dusts off the retro-bat gear to fight when the rest of the Bat family is rumored dead.)

What do you think?

~Nos~

Nos

Florence

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on January 22, 2018, 09:09:38 PM
What about Scandal Savage? As a girl choice!

My first thought was gonna be Scandal, but I also wouldn't mind giving Ravager (Rose Wilson) a go, perhaps. Her father is pretty hot shit these days, but Rose herself has somehow managed to stay more under the radar. I guess she's similar to Scandal in that regard. Both of their fathers have appeared in the Arrowverse, but neither of them have even been mentioned or acknowledged as far as I'm aware.

(ALSO HOLY SHIT, SCANDAL AND KNOCKOUT ARE APPEARING IN AN ANIMATED FILM!? HOW THE HELL DID THIS SLIP UNDER MY RADAR UNTIL NOW!?)

So yeah, I could definitely be interested in something like this. I'd probably go with Rose Wilson if that works.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Kadigan

Jeez you go to bed for a silly 8 hours and look what happens. Too much I say, too much!

In hoping I don't miss things..

Divine the list you tossed out looks ok to me, however the Star Sapphire one that one would need to be tossed by Foxy, given that she's planning on Arisa. It was always a pet peeve of mine when there was two o fthe same character power sets..I mean specific ones. Obviously super strength, fligth, etc..those are standard ones but GL's and that sort. An aged Irey would be fine, but if you don't want to age someone there are other female speedsters that could be looked at...Meehna Dawson (Fast Track) Avery Ho (Chinese Flash) Sela Allen (Future descendant.)

Risk is almost exactly the type of example we're looking for, he's had a few moments in the sun but no one's taken a...*puts on sunglasses* risk on him. (YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)

Question also a good idea, either the Renee or Vic , but that's probably right on the cusp of "Up there" so to speak.

I love the idea of Stripes the most out of all the ones suggested in your list Nos. Having a mechanic/genius on the team is never a bad idea.

Ravager wouldn't be a bad one either. I think I may have settled on Amethyst (even though I cannot spell it worth a damn) and having a sword buddy could be fun! Something about a magical flying unicorn appeals to me....hmm..

(Although if any ladies were interested in playing the Female Hawk I could get on board with being Dove, Hank never did much for me. But that's a PM discussion)

So the response on this has been super overwhelming and I love it. I'll probably get a profile cobbled together tonight or tomorrow, if you want to start working on them just remember it's probably going to include some of the standard fair...power name weakness etc..very easy to copy and paste into anythin we were to put up.

mia h

Although Hawk & Dove are due a big boost with the new Titans show coming out later this year

Would Stargirl be too big a name, I realise that it might cause a few complications (or interesting backstory) with S.T.R.I.P.E. as well.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on January 23, 2018, 06:24:50 AM
Divine the list you tossed out looks ok to me, however the Star Sapphire one that one would need to be tossed by Foxy, given that she's planning on Arisa. It was always a pet peeve of mine when there was two o fthe same character power sets..I mean specific ones. Obviously super strength, fligth, etc..those are standard ones but GL's and that sort. An aged Irey would be fine, but if you don't want to age someone there are other female speedsters that could be looked at...Meehna Dawson (Fast Track) Avery Ho (Chinese Flash) Sela Allen (Future descendant.)

I got no issue with Fatality, she pretty much uses her ring to create a spear and relies on her fighting skills. As for female speedsters, there's also Jesse Quick (who always seemed on the verge of being a significant character and then vanishing), Bebek from Kapitalist Kouriers (now that's obscure), and XS (with the 90s-est name ever). 

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot XS would be under 18 so cross her off.

Gannameade

Can I be Static???

Just asking unless you all have started already???

Divine Tenacity

Actually I think I will bow out for now. All these great ideas and I can't seem to choose .

You all have a great game!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

mia h

Quote from: Foxy Oni on January 23, 2018, 08:30:50 AM
Whoops. Forgot XS would be under 18 so cross her off.
If you expanded her back story and made her older there shouldn't be a problem. I mean if Babs is OK with an older version of Iris West then XS shouldn't be a problem as Iris is only about 3 months old  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: mia h on January 23, 2018, 11:02:30 AM
If you expanded her back story and made her older there shouldn't be a problem. I mean if Babs is OK with an older version of Iris West then XS shouldn't be a problem as Iris is only about 3 months old  ;D

That's true, if someone else is looking for speedster suggestions. I'll be sticking with the Green Lantern with age issues of her own. I like how Geoff Johns pretty much ran screaming from that whole mess by making Arisia 240 years old. 

Praxis

Not sure if you guys have started yet...

I'd be willing to give Booster Gold a try...  (he's such a fuck up.  I love him)

oh my god, so big

Or Grifter?

He could be fun?

Apologies I am terrible at formatting

Foxy DeVille

Nope! Still wide open!

Poor Booster... he really got derailed by the New 52.

Praxis

Quote from: Foxy Oni on January 23, 2018, 04:31:04 PM
Nope! Still wide open!

Poor Booster... he really got derailed by the New 52.

he did!

I'm a sucker for a hard luck case!

Norsegod1839

Kadigan

Loving the ideas so far, I'm sorry to see divine bow out interest but I do get that there's a lot to pick from.

On the fence about Static to be honest, will mull it over.

I do like the Booster idea, I also love the Grifter idea. As far as I've seen, I've never once seen him in an RP. Also a the original hard luck case...Triumph. Founding member of the team..oops we forgot! Oh yeah..then he really dies because the writer forgot about him.

I'll try to get a profile thingy up later, which I'd like to see sent to me, Fox, and Stone before approval..then will get an approved thing put up and then so on an dso on and one thing at a time then we have an RP!

RegretNot

I know... The Phantom Stranger

...I'll see myself out. 

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RegretNot on January 23, 2018, 05:03:52 PM
I know... The Phantom Stranger

...I'll see myself out.

Hee hee... the first time I saw the Phantom Stranger was in the Blue Devil Summer Fun special. So my first impression of him was this guy getting exasperated when Madame Xanadu pointed out the flaws in the origin he gave for Black Orchid. Paraphrasing...

MX: Orchids don't have thorns.
PS: These did! They were special!
MX: Sure, everything's special in your stories.

BlackStone

All good ideas.  I look forward to ending them with the wide array of villains to use to kill every one.   

*sips his frapachino*

Kadigan

Ok, so I intended to do a sample bio with this (Maybe not the one I was going to use but you know..something) but the day got away from me. Still, I have the bio template up and going in the initial post. Feel free to fiddle with it here and there a bit if you like. I should get a sample, and mine, up by later pm tomorrow unless the am free's up.