Calling All GMs

Started by Greenthorn, September 20, 2023, 06:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

Hi all,

So I am working on a project, as I tend to do, and I am curious to see if any GMs would be interested in being a part of it. I already have a few GMs interested but would definitely like to have some more.

The entire project as a whole is a typical sandbox group game with instances of system based games. The part important to this post is obvious the system aspect.

I am looking for people to each run a short campaign, of any type. The campaigns should last no longer than 2 months and can absolutely be a homebrew system. The GM will also need to create pre-generated character sheets as the players do not get to choose their character/role. I must also note that the players, even if they DO, should act as if they have no clue how to play your game. They will be playing as their "sandbox" character. The stats, xp, and so on do not stay with the player once the campaign is done. The goal of a campaign is to reach a monolith and destroy it.

I have other details if needed, but figured I'd start getting some feelers out. I am expecting to create a request thread some time between a week-2weeks. Not all campaigns need to be ready immediately and GMs can run multiple campaigns (not at the same time). The game will be on the forum, so obviously the campaigns are PbP.

Here's hoping!

You can reply here, PM me, or contact me on discord (which is where I am housing the information and will house the campaigns' information) Greenthorn1

MightyMaiden

Greenthorn

Quote from: MightyMaiden on September 20, 2023, 07:09:04 PM
Dream Park the forum game?

Don't know anything about it... but I assume it's an amusement park? :)

The game is a mix of a sci-fi show and, from what I am told, loosely Jumanji 2.

MightyMaiden

Dream Park is a Novel (later series of novels) where normal people create characters and play real-life RPGs in a giant advanced theme park.  they later created an RPG of the same concept. The really interesting part is that you play yourself, and your character in the game, but you sort of have the same character in all the games, so if you make a magic user, you'd be a mage in D&D, maybe a netrunner in Cyberpunk, or hero with magic powers in a supers game.. It's a meta, meta game...

Greenthorn

Quote from: MightyMaiden on September 20, 2023, 07:27:55 PM
Dream Park is a Novel (later series of novels) where normal people create characters and play real-life RPGs in a giant advanced theme park.  they later created an RPG of the same concept. The really interesting part is that you play yourself, and your character in the game, but you sort of have the same character in all the games, so if you make a magic user, you'd be a mage in D&D, maybe a netrunner in Cyberpunk, or hero with magic powers in a supers game.. It's a meta, meta game...

Sounds very cool! Alas, my game idea is a bit simpler, though hopefully just as immersive :)

Praxis

Greenthorn

Quote from: Praxis on September 20, 2023, 09:13:31 PM
Let's go.

Where are we going, and are you paying?

On a slightly more serious note, are you interested?

Praxis

Quote from: Greenthorn on September 21, 2023, 04:59:51 AM
Where are we going, and are you paying?

On a slightly more serious note, are you interested?

Sounds interesting.  I'm absolutely interested!

As for paying for the trip that's absolutely open for negotiation.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Praxis on September 21, 2023, 01:22:03 PM
Sounds interesting.  I'm absolutely interested!

As for paying for the trip that's absolutely open for negotiation.

I'll send off a PM in a bit with more information then :)

Muse

Hi Greenie.  As I said in Direct Messages i'd like to run a monolith for you.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Greenthorn

Quote from: Muse on September 21, 2023, 04:50:22 PM
Hi Greenie.  As I said in Direct Messages i'd like to run a monolith for you.  :)

Of course ;) You're already "in the know" silly!

Greenthorn

I am still looking for a few more GMs for my project/game. I am including some more information below in the hopes of answering any more questions that may arise. If you're interested in taking part in this game with us, please PM me or grab me on discord (it's in my O/Os).

Your campaign can be anything you want it to be, any world, any type, any system. The campaign can be all battles, all puzzles, or a mix. It can be a CYOA, open world, dungeon crawl, or even an escape room.

Got a homebrew you wanna test out with a one-shot… this is perfect for you! Wanna try to run your first system game, sure… come on in. The only thing I ask is that you are nice to the players, finish your campaign even if you run into problems, and keep the campaign within the required limits of time. The campaign should be short enough to finish play within no more than two months of PbP.

The required posting rate for the players is 3-4 times a week. This means you should also be checking in 3-4 times a week at a minimum.

For now, assume there will be four players participating in your campaign. You need five separate pre-generated character sheets, preferably all different. Players will not get to choose their character as this will be done with a dice roll, so please number them. Players will continue playing as their "sandbox" character within the body of the campaign character with all the clothing, weapons, abilities.

Please remember you might have a newbie or four playing your game, so be prepared for some hand-holding.

Your first post in your campaign should begin with a description of the campaign/system and the characters along with their abilities and so on. Imagine the scenario where you walk out of your front door in real life, and are suddenly transformed into a dwarf with a battle axe in a field with monsters you've never seen before. What would you need to know, what do you see, how heavy is the armor, and so on.

Create headers for each character that includes pertinent information for the players. If using hit points, be sure to also keep track of this in case the player forgets to update their header. (If needed, I can manage the headers as I’ll of course read the campaign as it is happening for entertainment 😊 )

There will be no levels/xp and no rising stats, unless they would happen very quickly. Players will leave your campaign with only the memory of what happened. No loot, no transferable xp, no weapons, etc.

The end goal of every campaign is to destroy a monolith. Once it is destroyed, the campaign is done, and the players are whisked back to the sandbox. How the monolith in your campaign gets destroyed is totally up to you, but it needs to be the end goal.

If a player is suddenly posting much slower than the required posting rate, or disappears, give them a few days and I will nudge them for you. If no response, as the main GM for the entire game I will either allow another player to replace them, or I will take their place. You, as a guest GM do not have to deal with the annoyance of ghosting players. I also have a reserve of “substitutes” available.

The one thing I do ask of the visiting GMs is to please stay on top of your game and keep it moving.