User Name v. User Name ? (answered)

Started by TexasWarren, January 05, 2024, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasWarren

If you look at my profile, my name above my Avi is TexasWarren. However to the right of that it says Username: TexasDM

Can someone explain this? Please and thank you.

Lilias

Name changes are cosmetic, only affecting your display name. The name you signed up under is part of your login details, and remains the same. It also looks like only you (and probably Staff) can see it.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TexasWarren

Quote from: Lilias on January 05, 2024, 10:42:22 AMName changes are cosmetic, only affecting your display name. The name you signed up under is part of your login details, and remains the same.

I think I DID ask for a change 100 years ago, thank you. So EITHER one would work to find me or a referral? 

Lilias

Quote from: TexasWarren on January 05, 2024, 10:44:26 AMSo EITHER one would work to find me or a referral?

No, your original login doesn't come up in a casual member search. Since we no longer have profile referral links, if you want to point a prospective member our way, you should use your current display name.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TexasWarren

Great. Thank you Lilias for making this clear, I appreciate your time and service. 

RedPhoenix

FWIW I also can't see TexasDM anywhere on your profile.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

TexasWarren

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 05, 2024, 12:18:34 PMFWIW I also can't see TexasDM anywhere on your profile.

Thank you, Red.

what I see on my profile

RedPhoenix

Hmm yeah neither username nor email are there when I see it, it just goes from posts to custom title to personal text! :)

This is making me realize I see a "username" and "email" section on my profile too, although my username just says RedPhoenix. :D

TexasWarren

I am thinking the difference is viewing your own and viewing someone else's profile. I appreciate the time in responding. Also, I do think I asked V. for a username change 100 years ago. That likely explains the two different ones. If I understood Lilias correctly, my USERNAME: TexasDM was my original and will NEVER change.

My Profile Name: TexasWarren is my E. Name, period. Unless I ask for another name change, no plans for that.

EDIT: @RedPhoenix I do NOT see UN or email on yours either. 

RedPhoenix

I believe you are correct. If you look at your intro thread Blythe (who I miss) welcomed you by the name TexasDM

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=182772.msg8762957#msg8762957

And yeah I was just confirming what Lilias said above! :)

TexasWarren

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 05, 2024, 12:47:15 PMI believe you are correct. If you look at your intro thread Blythe (who I miss) welcomed you by the name TexasDM

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=182772.msg8762957#msg8762957

And yeah I was just confirming what Lilias said above! :)

Well Damn that was a blast from the past! Oohhh I agree, Blythe should return.

Thanks once more.

Mr Quixotic

Hi all,

Thought I'd just let you know, TexasWarren quoted a post from me in one of the game threads and I have email notifications set up.

On that, it came through as "You have been quoted in the post titled "Re: Battle of the Sexes XVII (PG to flirty fun)" by TexasDM"

I didn't take much notice of it then, but it does look like it's using original names for email notifications that others can see.
Request Thread And Story Links          O/O's

Current Status - Actively seeking another story or two. If we've noticed each other but, for som reason never connected, or we've written/plotted before and you'd like to again, please shoot me a PM.

'I, myself, am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.'

Eva

Quote from: Mr Quixotic on January 05, 2024, 05:16:14 PMHi all,

Thought I'd just let you know, TexasWarren quoted a post from me in one of the game threads and I have email notifications set up.

On that, it came through as "You have been quoted in the post titled "Re: Battle of the Sexes XVII (PG to flirty fun)" by TexasDM"

I didn't take much notice of it then, but it does look like it's using original names for email notifications that others can see.
I made a thread about this a little while back since I figured some people would not want that sort of thing disclosed. I'd hoped that bug would be fixed by now.

TexasWarren

Humm, that is interesting. I don't think its a big deal UNLES there was a dramatic UN change, then it may be confusing. Thank you Mr. Quixotic.

EDIT: I can see the challenge. If I joined with a UN like Biker Dad and wanted it changed to Hot Mom, it could be an issue...