Words of wisdom!

Started by Grave, February 21, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azy

When life gives you lemons, make lemon custard because everyone else is making lemonade. 

Oniya

Quote from: Azy on October 29, 2021, 04:16:11 PM
When life gives you lemons, make lemon custard because everyone else is making lemonade.

I used to have a button that said 'When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and leave people wondering how you did it.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Azy

Quote from: Oniya on October 29, 2021, 04:52:41 PM
I used to have a button that said 'When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and leave people wondering how you did it.'

Oh, I like that. 

Lain

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
My Heritage Is Rebellion.

Earlyworm

When I am numb, how can I make myself connected? I can't. But I can try to create an environment that is welcoming for connection if it should turn up.

The world is a terrible place for sensitive people but the closer we come to losing our minds, the harder we’ll work to keep them.

And the days are all dust
and the only thing worse
than losing the trust
of a lover is finding the rust
in their kiss.

A small collection of Kae Tempest quotes.

Autumn52

Your word is your honor. So do what you say you will do.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Lovely Complex

Autumn52

"Never say anything behind someone's back that you wouldn't say to their face."

That is what I call a Neldaism, my mother use to say that and it is good advice.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

gaggedLouise

"When I'm driving in my sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep"

- probably a needed precaution!  ::)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

SummerDawn

Some things are believed because they are demonstrably
true. But many other things are believed simply because
they have been asserted repeatedly—and repetition has
been accepted as a substitute for evidence.
WRITING STATUS: Open to discuss story ideas.

O/O & About Me Thread - https://elliquiy.com/wiki/User:SummerDawn
A/A Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=346933.0
Story Ideas - https://elliquiy.com/wiki/User:SummerDawn/Stories
On E! Discord @ SummerDawn232. Please DM me here if you want to friend me on Discord.

Chucklemeister

Repeatedly re-watching Cyberpunk: Edgerunners seems like a great idea..
But we all know you're just emotionally torturing yourself.
Love Me, Hate Me,
Stay With Me, Play With Me..
Just don't **** with me.

SilverPaw

"Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor.

Autumn52

ThatGuy285

Words of wisdom passed by an uncle:

"He who walks in darkness, steps on mud and shit!"
That guy, you know who did the thing with the other thing. No not that thing!

AmberStarfire

It reminds me of one I saw once (I have a feeling it might've been at a gaming convention).

"Idle minds dwell in dark places."

gaggedLouise

"Most movies posit a villian who is in control. He wants do evil. In fact I don't believe anybody is in total control."

-David Cronenberg (old interview from the 1980s). Often a useful insight outside of the world of movies too.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Cantthinkofaname

If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.

-Fred Rogers

Lovely Complex

“We don’t lose friends, we simplyfind out who the real ones are.” by anonymous :)

Oniya

'I’m saying pay attention to when it makes sense to say something,' Vann said. 'And pay attention to when it makes sense to hold it in for the moment.'

John Scalzi - Lock In
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lingo

“Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience proves you wrong.”

Daria Morgendorffer.

Silvered Sutures

My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

Oniya

Quote from: Silvered Sutures on August 09, 2023, 03:50:24 PM

This reminds me of the old 'verse by the side of the road' Burma Shave signs (that I know about from Games Magazine :-P )

Beguile's Mistress

Thank you for the kindness and support.  Encouragement and understanding go a long way!  :-)

LostInTheMist

“Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.”
--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Rabbit

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Buddhist proverb