Justice League: The Founding (Recruitment Thread)

Started by Ace Flyer, March 14, 2017, 04:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Flyer

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE
The Founding

Hello, and thanks for taking a peek! This is an interest check for another superhero game. I've seen a number of Marvel-based games around, but very few DC-based ones. So, I figured I'd see if there was a reason for that, or if it was just time to try and whip something of my own up!

Note, this is, yes, based in-part on an old interest check/game recruit posted by Divine Tenacity, Hero: Justice League Origins. That game never took off, but she did give me permission to try my own hand at the concept. Some of this is borrowed from her idea, and some is my own tweaking--her concept was a solid one, so why mess with what was fun to begin with?

The idea is to start and play the founding of the Justice League--the first time that some of the greatest of Earth's heroes come together to face a threat greater than they can handle on their own, individually. Canonically these heroes are the same: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and (now) Cyborg. Or, in the past, Martian Manhunter. Or Hawkgirl. Or Black Canary. DC loves to mix things up, and that's why with this idea I'm changing a few things up. I'm not requiring the original founders, the cast is by far and wide pretty open for who people may wish to play. The goal is to see these heroes early in their careers--they're big enough that the public and media has taken notice of them, and they're world sensations, but they aren't yet proven to the world governments, who remain suspicious and paranoid about such powerful individuals.

Now, some nitty gritty stuff:

Rules
*This RP will be taking place in either the Bondage, Non Con, Or Extreme Group boards due to darker elements I want to introduce. Not all hero stories are sunshine and rainbows, I would like to reflect on that fact.

*The setting is obviously the DCU with focus on major cities and worlds within. I promise not to make it too sandbox-y for the masses!

*Posting will be somewhat lax. I ask for maybe two or three posts weekly at minimum.

*Sexual activity and content will be involved, but I would like to ask please do not turn this into an all out smut-fest. We are heroes trying to save the world damn near 24/7 and allowed to unwind every so often.

*A tagging system will be included in order to clear up any confusion between characters and interactions between 'em. Though it is possible for Superman to hear Batman talk crap about him from halfway around the world, it doesn't necessarily mean Batman will hear the smack talk right back!

*I would like to keep this group small towards the beginning, but depending on interest I would not mind adding more heroes to the roster, or sidekicks.

*Currently I am looking for the core members of the League but won't go into too much detail until this gains some speed. I will post up a character sheet template now so feel free to drop it here for approval.

*Currently not seeking co-GM's but depending once again on how large it grows, I have no problem taking one or two on!

*Please abide by all Elliquiy rules!

*No god-modding. You do it, we cut you from the game. I have ZERO tolerance for God-modders. This does not apply if you've worked something out ahead of time with another player, who has granted permission for a certain act or scene.

*We are all adults here, disagreements may occur but please conduct yourself in accordance with your age and general standards of civility--and E's rules and guidelines. Respect your fellow players and take any issues to PM to work it out amongst yourselves, or with me (the GM). 

*Non-consensual activity is permitted, however, players are NOT required to participate. Any non-con activities MUST be approved by all players involved. Anyone who violates this rule will be dropped from the game. Also, if your posts contain something of a squeamish nature, please be sure to include a big and bright WARNING!!! tag to your content line. This does not apply to writing out combat, battlefield gore is fine.  ;D

*Please respect player and character on's and off's.

*These rules are subject to change at my discretion.

And, of course, have fun! Or, try to. Fun is why we're all here, right?

Character Sheet
The Character Sheet--I know, I hate them as much as the next person. But I just want something to judge how well someone knows and might play their character. Also, in the event of a lot of interest in a single character (such as, say, everyone wants to play Aquaman because clearly he's the most badass Founder--seriously, he is ;) ) I'll use CS's to figure out who will play that character.

In terms of character images, I would prefer comic-based or drawn art for this game. But, if people would prefer, I will accept face claims.

Note, this template is a generic, basic one. If you want, embellish it. Or, don't fill everything out. The key things I would like are at least 1-2 paragraphs of personality, and at least 3-4 paragraphs of history.

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE![/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b] Obviously your character's real name.

[b]Alias:[/b] What they are called when they don their costumes.

[b]Gender:[/b] Self-explanatory

[b]Height:[/b] Also pretty self-explanatory

[b]Weight:[/b] Need I say it again?

[b]Appearance:[/b] Yes, I would indeed like a written description of your character as well as an image reference. This can include every day wear to distinguishable markings and whatnot.

[b]Personality:[/b] How do they think? How do they act? I mean this is pretty self-explanatory too.

[b]Abilities & Equipment:[/b] Yes, a FULL listing of powers and any and all equipment that they would use would go here.

[b]Strengths:[/b] What makes your character a hero?

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] What are some of your characters failings?

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] Pretty easy and obvious. All orientations are welcome!

[b]Personal History:[/b] Also pretty self-explanatory. Give me a history of your character!

[b]Occupation:[/b] What do they do when they are not in costume, if they do anything other than fight crime?

[b]Family:[/b] Does your character have any parents or siblings? Please list here.

Here are some example sheets, if anyone wants an idea of what a filled out one should roughly look like:

Bruce Wayne  |  Batman
Name: Bruce Wayne

Alias: Batman

Height: 6'4" (1.930m)

Weight: 220 lbs (99.79 kg)

Appearance: Bruce Wayne is a tall, very handsome man, a fact that he uses to great effect in his out-of-costume life. By day, he's the CEO and owner of Wayne Enterprises, one of the largest and most successful businesses in the world, and one of the most eligible (and infamous) bachelors in Gotham City. Favoring sharp, custom tailored suits, ready to flash a beautiful woman a charming grin, he's more than capable of leading away just about anyone he wants (and her friends) away on an arm for a night of fun. His training and lifestyle has left him with a well-muscled and toned body, striking a balance between bulk and tone, so as not to compromise speed and agility with excessive and unneeded musculature. Black hair is kept short, and blue eyes tend to have a weary look in them, until someone is watching him.

As the Batman, everything changes. The easy-going and casual posture shifts to a tense, broad-shouldered, imposing figure of justice. Beneath cape and cowl, the playboy of Gotham turned into he Caped Crusader, Gotham's Dark Knight, going out at night to try and save the city he calls home. It's Batman that earns the bruises and scars that have come to be near-constant presences on his body, things Bruce often explains away by living a very active extreme sports life.

Personality: Bruce Wayne was very dedicated and determined to his work of crime-fighting, and sometimes employed morally dubious tactics (like torture), but ultimately for the good of Gotham. Despite his dark past and serious work, Bruce had displayed a sense of humor around his butler, Alfred. Although possessing great hate and anger towards criminals, he had proven himself a very caring and selfless person, who constantly put his life on the line to save innocent lives and brought the most dangerous criminals to justice for society's protection.

Perhaps Bruce's strongest characteristic was his strong moral code to never kill. He's yet to cross this line, even with some foes pushing him dangerously close, for he knows should he ever cross the line he'd be unable to pull himself back, becoming one of the very monsters he opposes.

To the public, Bruce Wayne took on the facade of an irresponsible, fun-seeking playboy in order to avoid suspicion of his alter-ego. However, even as Bruce Wayne, he had attempted to do good, through charitable campaigns, and renovation projects. As Batman he revels in his dark, intimidating personality in the form of a bat (his childhood fear for his enemies to dread) to frighten the criminals that he stands against, believing that theatricality helps him seem more than a man. Bruce Wayne's ultimate goal was to bring order and justice to Gotham City.

Abilities and Equipment:
Skills:

• Acrobatics
  • Hand-to-Hand Combat (Master): Bruce is well trained in multiple martial arts, he is known as the man who has mastered multiple forms of martial arts. Combined with his training regimen and his strength, this makes Batman one of the most formidable hand to hand fighters in the world. Some of his mastered form are:
    --Taw Kwon Do
    --Judo
    --Muay Thai
    --Jujutsu
    --Ninjutsu
    --Dragon Style Kung Fu
    --Boxing
  • Weaponry: Through his martial arts training, he has become an expert on all melee weapons. Wayne has displayed exceptional sword fighting capability and proficiency with knives, sticks and various other weapons. He practices during his combat sessions to keep his skills intact, but he prefers unarmed combat.
  • Stealth: His training has made him a master at stealth and capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected.
  • Marksmanship: Batman is an expert marksman. He is skilled with throwing weapons, archery and firearms.
  • Investigation: He is widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is an unlearnable trait and one of Batman's most effective tools. Given any mystery, he can arrive at the correct conclusions with a fraction of the data given time.
  • Combat/Evasive Driving
  • Escapology
  • Polymath and Multilingual: Bruce has studied a vast multitude of subjects, ranging across a wide variety of fields, and has learned (to the point of easily speaking and reading) a number of languages: Spanish, French, Latin, German, Japanese, English, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Greek, Portuguese, Arabic, Sanskrit, Hindi, Thai and possibly more.
  • Leadership and Tactical Analysis: A skilled leader, Batman is able to look at the large picture and the capabilities of all involved, to put them to work as best the situation calls for (even if he has a tendency to try and do all of the work himself).  He commonly utilizes cunning tactics to outwit his foes, relying on his plans and experience to outmaneuver many of his superhuman friends and adversaries--he won't simply outfight an opponents, but out-think them as well. Fight smarter and harder.
Equipment:

• Batsuit - The costume Batman wears is composed of reinforced Kevlar and a small percentage of titanium; it's bullet-proof and resistant to various types of attack (explosions, impacts, falls, etc...). It's also flame-retarding and insulating. The gloves and the boots are reinforced to rebound the impact of punches and kicks. The gloves have also some metallic blades on their sides. The cape is designed to provide the wearer with controlled gliding functionality with the ability to change directions and heights while in mid-air. The mask has a little percentage of lead, which shields the face of Batman from x-ray powers or x-ray technology, and incorporates an infrared and night visor, auditory sensors and a sonar. The mask is accessorized with some security systems (aggravating gas, electric blasts, etc.), like the utility belt, and integrates a transmitter receiver device for voice and video. In addition, he has a number of situational Batsuits developed to deal with special circumstances.
  • Utility Belt - Batman keeps most of his personal field equipment in a signature piece of apparel, a special utility belt. The belt has also its own automatic security systems. He has a variety of gadgets stored in his belt, but some of the more common to see are:
    • Batarangs: Batman's primary ranged weapon--comes in regular, sonic, and remote controlled varieties.
    • Grapple Hook/Gun: Used to grapple to vantage points or ledges, or used in short range to pull weapons from enemies, or grab enemies themselves.
    • Smoke Pellets: Small pellets that create a large, concealing cloud of smoke when broken. Smoke also contained IR counter-measures to fool even heat and IR sensors.
    • Remote Hacking Device
    • Explosive Spray: A sprayable plastic explosive, capable of destroying weakened structures.
  • Transportation - Batman has developed a wide number of vehicles, from the Batmobile (car and tank version), Batplane, boat, motorcycle, and so on.

Strengths:

• Peak Human Physiology - Through intense training, specialized diet, and biofeedback treatments, Batman represents the pinnacle of human physical prowess. Strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes and coordination are at peak human perfection.
  • Eidetic Memory - Batman has total recall and can remember anything in great detail.
  • Intelligence - Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician, and commander. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply "out-fighting" them.
  • Indomitable Will: Although he has no superhuman powers, Batman's dedication makes him an extremely formidable opponent. He can function under massive amounts of physical pain, and is able to resist telepathy or mind control.
  • Intimidation: Batman's whole motif is based around this core facet--and his actions at night employ a level of theatricality to enforce it. The easiest fights to win are those your enemies are too terrified to fight, and in Gotham City, the criminals are quickly learning to fear the shadows and jump at sounds in the night. They whisper that while the bat might not kill them, he may make them wish they were dead (especially after they see their hospital bills).

Weaknesses:

• Mortal: Despite all of his training and his efforts to be the best a human can be, he is still just that--human. When his armor and wits fail him, he can be hurt, and hurt badly, and it takes him just as long to heal as anyone else. If not longer, as the likelihood of him resting to heal properly is quite slim.
  • Stubborn: Batman will one-day be infamous for his stubbornness. As if living by the motto, 'If you want it done right then do it yourself' he's prone to work alone and refuse help. This isn't driven by a desire to be a hero, though, as much as it is to ensure a job is finish to his standards of perfection--and to reduce the risk that anyone but himself might get hurt.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Personal History: Bruce Wayne was set to live the life of luxury. The only child of Thomas and Martha Wayne, he was to be the heir of one of the largest fortunes in the world. But the young boy's life was changed forever, when one night when they were leaving the Monarch Theater, they took a shortcut to the street, through an alley. A thug held the family up at gun point, and in the ensuing panic, Bruce watched both of his parents be shot and killed before his very eyes.

On that night, something changed in the boy.

Raised on the Wayne Estates by the family butler, Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce's childhood was lonely. He dove head first into studies, quickly obtaining and doing away with the requirements for schooling, and by the age of fourteen was free to travel the world--leaving Gotham City behind. Around the world, he found an odd variety of people, convincing them to train him--man-hunting under Frenchman Henri Ducard, stealth and reconnaissance under the Japanese ninja Kirigi and other certified shinobi, hunting under the African Bushman (the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-Eyed Brotherhood, among others), hand-to hand combat under the tutelage of Ted Grant, a World Champion Boxer and David Cain, one of the world's premier assassins, traditional healing and meditation disciplines under Nepalese monks, and more. By the age of twenty, he tried to join the FBI, but finding the bureaucracy of the legal system untenable for his desire to fight crime, he returned to Gotham instead.

As Gotham City's prodigal son, he returned to the head of Wayne Industries. Working with Alfred, and later Lucius Fox, he would begin to devise and create the persona that would become one of the most feared, and well-known, vigilantes in the world. But his initial attempts out on the streets yielded little effect. Just wearing a mask, and kevlar, like a kind of modern ninja did little to strike fear or terror in criminals. When a woman he tried to save, a young prostitute named Holly Robinson, even acted against him, stabbing him one night, he knew something had to change. Returning to Wayne Manor, he tried to find the answer he was missing.  He recalled his fear of bats, as a child, after a large one crashed through one of the windows of his bedroom.  Deciding to make his appearance resemble that of a bat, Wayne designed himself a costume equipped with experimental technology and set out against the crime and corruption that thrived in Gotham City once more.

Wayne's tactics to oppose crime as a vigilante at night proved successful leading him to become an urban legend in Gotham City. His acts of vigilantism earned him the scorn of the GCPD and the corrupt political forces that ran it, however. But he found his first ally in Detective James Gordon, one of the only honest cops on the force, and working together they started what would become Batman's crusade against crime.

The Batman and his mythos had an unintended consequence on the city, however. The first person influenced by him was the woman that would become Catwoman, who adopted his own methods and theatrics for her own ends. Then came the Dr. Hugo Strange, then the Joker, Scarecrow, Mister Freeze, Poison Ivy, the Penguin...As if the very act of trying to save the city was being resisted, with the universe created people to constantly oppose and threaten his home, Batman was faced time and time again with bigger and bigger threats than the simple criminals and mob bosses he originally targeted. Allies became enemies, as when Harvey Dent, Gotham's District Attorney, was turned into the broken Two-Face. And enemies would become allies, as a long game of love and hate would start with Catwoman.

And that was all within the first year...

As his crusade against crime in Gotham City continued, however, Batman started to notice the rising tide of villains was not unique to the city. Figures, both fighting for law and order and fighting against it, were rising across the world. Debating what he might do, he started to keep track of these individuals for now, either to ensure they stayed in check, or to consider the eventual conversation of doing more than their own individual parts...He simply had no way to know just how soon that day would be coming.

Occupation: CEO of Wayne Enterprises / Gotham City's Most Eligible Bachelor

Family:

• Thomas Wayne (Father) - Deceased
  • Martha Wayne (Mother) - Deceased
  • Alfred Pennyworth (Caretaker) - Alive

Clark Kent/Kal-El  |  Superman
Name: Clark Kent / Kal-El

Alias: Superman

Height: 6'3" (1.95m)

Weight: 235 lbs (107 kg)

Appearance:

Personality: Growing up as the only person of his kind, thus being very different and alienated by his peers, Clark grew up a very confused, lonely, and lost person. This, as well as his inability to understand his superhuman powers, made Clark subconsciously suppress them, with him unable to reach his full potential for many years, something reinforced by his adopted father, out of fear for how the world might respond to his abilities. He grew up to selflessly care for other people and to strive to do the right thing.

As he matured, Clark learned early on how to stay calm and collected in tough situations, to control his pent up anger, instead of releasing his incredible alien power on mere humans.As a result, Superman grew accustomed to holding back his incredible strength and powers quite a bit unless absolutely necessary, to the extent some fights are drawn out longer than they need to, out of fear of causing excessive harm or damage to those around him. Possessing almost unlimited patience, he serves as a perfect diplomat, although he also is well aware of what his power may let him do. It's by choice he stays out of the majority of Earth's conflicts, knowing he has no right to impose what he believes to be right on others, and primarily dons his cape for situations where crime is threatening to harm innocents.

Ultimately, Superman stands to be a beacon of hope for the world. Acting as a paragon of selflessness and virtue, he acts to remind humankind of their capacity for good. To forgive and accept, and hold to the truth, as opposed to giving in to fear and hate and evil.

Abilities and Equipment:
Skills:

• Hand-to-Hand Combat (Moderate): Clark has studied various martial arts not to enhance his strength, but to learn control. Always making the effort to only apply as much force is necessary, to avoid causing undue harm to whoever he is fights, he supplements his natural strength with the discipline of various martial arts.
  • Investigation and Journalism: Both as a superhero and as a journalist, Superman is an expert at gathering evidence from all kinds of sources. Other minda have proven to be his better in these fields, though, notably the detective skills of Batman, and the journalistic acumen of Lois Lane.
  • Leadership: Superman has proven many times over his ability to command respect and inspire others with his charisma, ardor, and idealism.

Equipment:

• Kryptonian Skinsuit - The Superman skinsuit is made of a blue chainmail-like material with gauntlets a series of separate bands circling his sleeves; the S-shaped House of El glyph in red and yellow on the chest with with a middle embossed line (with Kryptonian hieroglyphics along both sides of it) in the middle of the "S". Several silver designs on his torso point to the buckle, which is a square with an S-shaped glyph in its middle; a silver stripe going down the length of the legs and curves back midway from the waist. The boots are made of the same material as the suit itself, but are colored a bright red, and have M-shaped double rims on the tops. The cape, made of cloth, is painted a far brighter red than even the boots and glyph, and reaches to the ground, trailing behind slightly.
Strengths/Powers:

• Kryptonian Physiology - Superman's cellular structure is much more dense, resilient, and biologically more effective than human tissue. He does not possess superhuman strength levels despite his enhanced cellular ability without his cellular structure charged with yellow solar energy. Without such charging, his physical capabilities are identical to a human of his height and weight who engages in regular physical activity. As an alien, he possesses several organs whose functions are not yet disclosed or understood, but are believed to be part of or the source of his bio-matrix force field and reclamation aura. Superman's body also stores energy actively within his bio-cellular matrix as an energy pattern that is linked to his body's electromagnetic field. This energy powers most of his electromagnetic capabilities such as flight, heat vision and other "sight"-based abilities while supplementing his physical abilities to superhuman levels.

• Solar Radiation Absorption: As a Kryptonian, his cells function like a super battery, hyper metabolizing specific wavelengths of radiation as fuel to enable living functions and/or superhuman abilities. Different wavelengths of radiation have different effects on Superman's physiology and well being, but his cells cannot absorb or utilize all types of radiation. The wavelength of his home solar system's red sun enables his body to function on an identical level of a healthy human while the Earth's solar radiation in both its raw and filtered state through the Earth's atmosphere acts as fuel to enable all of his powers. Every time Superman uses any of his superhuman abilities, his body expends absorbed sunlight and he is capable utilizing any of them to various degrees through controlled circumstances. The solar-based radiation of a foreign blue star proved to increase his known abilities under a yellow sun to a higher degree and enabled additional powers. The existence and constant exposure to proven "healthy" radiation sources is not required for him to live and utilize his powers, but prolonged periods without exposure to them and/or utilizing his powers will require Kal-El to recharge in order to live and continue using his powers. These powers are:

• Superhuman Strength, Speed, Stamina, Hearing, and Vision
      • Invulnerability
      • Longevity
      • Flight
      • Heat Vision
  • Intelligence - He has shown incredible intelligence and computational abilities; his mind works sharply and with extreme speed relative to earth-humans. Superman's analytical powers enable him to read information directly from machines (and, with careful usage of his heat vision, he can even reprogram machines).
  • Indomitable Will: Superman has shown to have a powerful spirit, free of corruption and temptation. Having been raised by a kindly Kansas farmer and his wife, he was taught to protect life and help others. He is very optimistic and never gives up, even when things look bad. Superman has learned how to place mental inhibitors on his own power so that he doesn't accidentally "flex and cause the tectonic plates to shift." To him, they are the barriers that allow him to feel human enough to live a healthy life, and he only ever releases one of them when fighting a particularly powerful opponent or performing a difficult task.

Weaknesses:

• Kryptonite: Since the destruction of Krypton, its remains (rendered radioactive by the explosion) have been spreading throughout the universe as Kryptonite, a crystalline substance whose specific radioactive wavelength is lethal to the few remaining Kryptonians in existence. The most common form of Kryptonite is Green Kryptonite, and its effect is directly poisonous to Clark--sapping him of his strength and powers, and will kill him is exposed long enough.
  • Magic: Superman's physiology is his most powerful asset,  but also its greatest weakness. Its permeability to certain wavelengths makes him vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extra dimensional signatures disrupt this force field. Superman's vulnerability to magic varies depending upon the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. He can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on Superman and his magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous.
  • Solar Energy Dependency: His abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing his energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation, especially if he doesn't have any direct contact with yellow sunlight. When exposed to the same red solar radiation as Krypton's red sun Rao, it causes Superman to lose his powers within a large amount of exposure until the exposure to yellow sunlight will reverse this effect.
  • High-Pitched Noises: Because of his super hearing, Superman's ears are extra-sensitive to extreme noises. He's spent his life learning to focus out extra sensory input, but sudden and sharp noises can break through that unconscious effort.

Personal History: WIP

Occupation: Journalist for The Daily Planet, based in Metropolis

Family:

• Jor-El (Biological Father) - Deceased
  • Lana Lor-Van (Biological Mother) - Deceased
  • Johnathan Kent (Adoptive Father) - Deceased
  • Martha Kent (Adoptive Mother) - Alive
  • Kara Zor-El (Cousin) - Alive, Missing

Arthur Curry  |  Aquaman
Name: Arthur Curry / Orin

Alias: Aquaman

Height: 6'1" (185.42 cm)

Weight: 325 lbs (147 kg)

Appearance: Arthur is a tall, regal, very handsome man--as is fitting of royalty. His blond hair is kept short, and his eyes have often been called to reflect the blues of the seas; stormy grey when angry, clear and bright when content and happy, and dark and murky when disturbed. Possessing a powerful build, and a natural, commanding charisma, it is hard to mistake the man for anything but a king. Yet on land he favors more humble and modest clothing, befitting his place as a lighthouse keeper. A simple, heavy jacket, t-shirts and sweatshirts, denim jeans and work boots.

When taking up the trident as Aquaman, the finery comes out. Finely crafted orange and gold armor adorns his torso, while protective, dark green greaves and gauntlets protect his legs and arms.

Personality: Arthur is a king, and he knows it. He exudes an air of authority around him, and due to the autocratic nature of his position, he is a man that expects what he says to be the final say on any matter. And in his kingdom, this temperament works perfectly. He rules fairly, with firm authority, but without abusing his power. He always has the best interests for his people at heart, and places their needs and the needs of Atlantis above all others. A king must know to be fair, as well as firm; gentle, and when to be dominating.

This mindset does not work quite as well in the lands of man, and the adjustment to his new life is a slow and gradual one. He can be stubborn, and prone to question the wisdom of many of man's actions and decisions. People, man especially, are weak and misguided by nature, easily fooled, and strong leaders are needed to keep peace and ensure justice reigns. In his worst moment though, he's calmed and soothed by his wife, Mera, an ever-present guiding voice in his ear. Or, when need be, one of the few who would dare slap sense into the man who would be king of the seas.

Abilities and Equipment:
Skills:

• Hand-to-Hand Combat (Moderate)
  • Weaponry: Arthur has trained extensively in fighting with various Atlantean weapon--tridents, swords, shield, and so on, and is extremely deadly with them as one would expect of a king.
  • Expert Swimmer: He's the King of Atlantis--he puts even the most skilled Olympic swimmers to shame.
  • Expert Tactician: Perhaps beaten out by Batman's mind, Arthur is nonetheless a shrewd and cunning tactician, able to lead the armies of Atlantis to victories against the Trench enemies time and again. His is a natural and powerful leader, something only enhanced by his sheer gravitas as king.
  • Diplomat: His natural autocratic nature does not suit him well in environments where democracy is an issue but Orin is a natural commander and his ability has served him well in the protection of Atlantis and Boston.

Equipment:

• Atlantean Royal Rainment - The outfit he's often seen wearing, the orange and gold armor, is specially crafted for the man who would be king. Light yet durable, it can withstand most mortal weaponry, and even hold up against powerful blows from being of beyond-mortal strength.
  • Trident of Neptune - Forged by Atlan using enchanted gold for the first king of Atlantis, the trident of Neptune serves as a symbolism of the royal line. Arthur wields as both his right to rule and as a lethal weapon, it's mystical properties allowing it to pierce even divine protection.

Strengths/Powers:

• Atlantean Hybridized Physiology -  Like most Atlanteans, Arthur Curry is an offshoot homo sapiens who is biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. For most Atlanteans, this means they can breathe underwater, endure the pressures of the deep (among other adaptations), and can only spend a very limited time out of water. However due to either Aquaman's chimeric nature or his heritage to royal blood, he possesses a number traits other's of his mother's side of the species do not, for instance while he shares many of their faults he can spend an elongated time out of the water with little ill effect and is shown to be 20-50 times stronger, faster, tougher and more or less tireless compared to others of his race. Also akin to other Merefolk is his ability to not only function indefinitely within water but can easily withstand the crushing depths of the ocean deep as well as harsh natures of the sea itself. Making Arthur among other things a super-Atlantean as well as super-human.

• Superhuman Durability: Tough enough to resist small arms fire with minor injury, the teeth of most trench dwellers break on his body, surviving an RPG blowing in his face and thrive in the darkest deepest bowls of the ocean deep suffering no discomfort. He can even live through falling back to earth after being launched into orbit by Mera, coming back down hard on top of a sea monsters head, without injury.

• Energy/Heat Resistance - Having taken and lived through multiple energy blasts in the past and been flash frozen by the dead kings ice magic. His ultimate resilience is tested when he dipped into an open lava bed beneath the sea and emerged unscathed--his clothing did not fare quite as well, however his fiance didn't complain.
    • Superhuman Stamina
    • Superhuman Senses
    • Superhuman Reflexes
    • Superhuman Speed
    • Superhuman Strength
  • Marine Telepathy - Aquaman doesn't actually talk to fish or other seaborne fauna, but can redirect the thought processes of their brains to compel them into helping him when he needs it. He is capable of sending out world wide telepathic broadcasts if and when necessary.

Weaknesses:

• Water Deprivation: Despite his hybrid biology, Arthur is still susceptible to the weakness of all Atlanteans. He can go for a period of a month out of water, before needing to return to some water source to rest and recharge, so to speak. And should he suffer serious injury in battle, the time he can spend out of water shortens dramatically. Note that being deprived of water for a long period of time will not kill him--only severely weaken him, at its worst to a point even a mortal man might be able to best him.
  • Not Invulnerable - While certainly strong and very durable, he is not invulnerable. A single firearm might not be able to phase him, but concentrated fire will start to weaken him, instead of being completely harmless as it would be to the likes of a Kryptonian.

Personal History: The man who would be king of Earth's seas was born to humble origins. Tom Curry was a lighthouse keeper in Amnesty Bay, Maine. While walking the beach one night he came across a woman stranded along the shoreline, close to death. Taking her in, he nursed her back to health...and the two soon fell in love. Together the two would have a child, Arthur, who would grow to become a healthy and energetic young boy. Arthur started to manifest incredible strength and speed at a young age, as well as the abilities to breathe underwater, alarming his father--Tom would learn the truth after strange men rose from the water one night, attacking his family. Despite managing to fight the attackers off, Atlanna was injured, and poisoned by the blade that cut her. Human medicine could do nothing for her, but on her deathbead, she consoled her husband, and told him the truth.

She was an exiled queen of the lost nation of Atlantis. And their son, their dear Arthur, would someday rule the seas. Soon after, she passed peacefully with her family at her side.

Tom would raise the young prince as best he could. But he was a simple, humble man. He provided as well of an education as he could, and did his best to teach Arthur discipline and how to control his powers and abilities. Arthur was naturally curious and held a sense of justice, and proved Tom proud as he grew up. Eventually, his father would let him go off into the world to discover himself, having done the best he could to prepare Arthur for his future. Arthur would become the hero Aquaman, and his destiny seemed set. Though to his dismay, his father would die while he was traveling...the only consolation on his passing being that he was buried on the lighthouse grounds, on an overlook watching the beach he had met his mother in, laid to rest next to her.

Arthur would take his travels to the sea, once he was confident in his abilities, to seek answers. Certain that his mother had been killed by assassins, he confronted the king of Atlantis. Proving his birthright, Arthur would seize the throne, aided by a princess kept captive by the former king. Princess Mera would come to be one of Arthur's, who took the Atlantean name Orin, best supporters, and remained at his side as he traveled the seas, ending the chaos Atlantis had fallen to under the reign of the former king. In their travels, the two grew close to one another, however their eventual marriage was more for political reasons than those of love. That's not to say the two do not care for other, they hold no illusions--they are the best and closest of friends, and enjoy the benefits of their union, but don't seek to impose more on the relationship than it is.

The peace of the seas would come to an end when Arthur's half brother would reveal himself--a son by Atlanna and the deposed king, resurgent to claim his birthright. The civil war that followed was bitter and brutal, and at the end, was settled more as a draw than a victory for either side. Orm was banished to the deepest trenches, while Arthur had to abdicate the throne, ruling from afar in name only. Appointing a steward to rule in his place, he and Mera returned to the surface world. They settle in Boston, taking up residence in a lighthouse as his father had, and protecting the region from the underwater threats that would threaten the city, among others. Arthur became a controversial figure, his kingly ways making more of a splash than intended in the area. Ultimately, he would swear off Atlantis, and devote his time to a life on the surface with Mera at his side.

But a king is ever drawn to his kingdom, and soon the tides of fate and destiny will draw him back into the fray. Monsters yet lurk in the depths, ones even a king cannot hope to face alone.

Family:

• Tom Curry (Father) - Deceased
  • Atlanna (Mother) - Deceased
  • Orm (Half-Brother) - Alive, MIA
  • Mera (Wife) - Alive

And before people start complaining, "Hey, you know, technically Wonder Woman is the only female founder!"...yeah, I know. Which is why I'm loosening on who the cast is. So, some example characters up for claiming:

Heroes

• Batman
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
  • The Flash
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Hawkman
  • Cyborg
  • etc...Have an idea? Suggest it! I can try and make just about anyone work, if someone wants to play them.

Heroines

• Wonder Woman
  • Black Canary
  • Zatanna
  • Hawkgirl
  • Vixen
  • The Atom
  • etc...Have an idea? Suggest it! I can try and make just about anyone work, if someone wants to play them.

At this time, I'm not accepting OCs. But, I will accept reimaginings or replacement. Do you want Batwoman to be a founder, instead of Batman? Go for it! A female Flash? Sure! One of the new, multiple, female Green Lanterns? No problem! A villain, like Killer Frost or Cheetah or Lex Luthor...A much harder sell, but for the right argument, I'll try to work with you. But I would prefer heroes.

And yes, I am aware than Superman and other Kryptonians are not on the list. Due to their power level and potential for abuse (more so than most others, anyway), I'll be keeping them for GM use.

So! If I haven't scared people away by now...Post here if you're interested! If I get enough people into this, I'll make an OOC thread for people to discuss things, as we get the show on the road! I'll have the outline of the first story arc for the game up in a following post, as I think I'm reaching character limit for this one.

Founders
Covert Revulsion - Wonder Woman
Anna Katrine - Zatanna / Green Arrow
WhatLiesAbove - Huntress
Life in Color - Batwoman
Lithium - Raven
Yuki92 - Katana
AmandaWho - Zatanna
Re Z L - Blue Beetle
Mia H - Stargirl

Waiting List
VonDoom
BlueEyedBard
Cuchulainn
Juggtacular
Rave
Pumpkin Seeds

Totoro

Definitely interested and working on Martian Manhunter.

Glad to see this happening!

Covert Revulsion

You already know I'll take on Wonder Woman for sure. :)

Anna Katrine

Putting down my interest as a heorine, just don't know which. Initial thougts are either Zatanna or some female version of Green Arrow :)

WhatLiesAbove

Just reading up on my Justice League...I'm thinking this game screams for me to play huntress!

Life in Color

Hello, lovelies!

I'll be bringing Kate Kane to this party!

:]

Ace Flyer

Wow, this took off faster than I expected! xD I guess people were wanting some DC things around here...

I'm just looking for 5-7 people at start, so, that leaves room for two more, though I could probably go a bit higher if the demand is there.

And since so far we have mostly female PCs...If that is an issue for anyone, let me know. I can add in some extra male NPCs as needed until more guys show up, or I can cap things. Though I admit, I'm liking the thought of reversing the comics--poor Wonder Woman has had to be the main female for so long, maybe it's time to flip the tables lol.

Since the interest is there, though, if people want to start working on CS, go ahead. I'm hashing out the final bits of the opening plot still.

WhatLiesAbove

Name: Helena Bertinelli

Alias: The Huntress

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 112 lbs.

Appearance: Helena is what you would call "classically Italian". Skin is kissed by the sun, a rich bronze that is a product of days in the Sicilian sun. Hair is naturally a rich dark brown color, though occasionally she will opt to put in highlights. Eyes seem to smolder with a hidden passion, though deep down, there is a sadness that never really seems to go away.

Her body...while petite, seems to have never-ending curves. A perfect hourglass figure, she seems to know how to move to get men...and many women...to follow her every time she walks.

Personality: Helena can put on a good facade. Outwardly, she acts like any other happy-go-lucky woman with means. Still, that smile doesn't seem to fully reach her eyes. The horrors of her past are still deep down...scars that she is trying hard to get over. Inwardly, Helena realizes that she has done horrible things, and is coming to grips with their justification and her role within the Justice League.

Abilities & Equipment: Huntress is an expert in hand-to-hand combat. She is also good with a variety of weapons. Though she has put away almost all her firearms, she seems unwilling (as of yet) to part with her hand-held crossbow.

Strengths: Helena is more an anti-hero. She will stand up for what is right, but was initially fueled by her need for vengeance. Very many times she has held a killing blow...but she has grown up with a need for vengeance, and so does have a history of killing. She is able to handle herself very well on the street, and is able to disarm with a smile or a flick of her wrist.

Weaknesses: Helena suffers heavily from the loss of immediate family and betrayal of extended family. Historically, she is one of the only members of the Justice League who has killed. This is something that she is now trying to come to grips with, and so she does have post-traumatic stress.

Sexual Orientation: Deep down, Helena has looked over other women as well as men. However, her Catholic background has kept this desire buried down deep.

Personal History: It took a few years for Helena to realize that she was the bastard child of a sadistic mafia boss. Her early childhood memories ar dog her father beating her mother...though never in any place that showed. The child of her fathers sworn enemy, Santo Cassamento, she was a witness to her entire families demise. While she should have been the one that died instead of her mother, a mere misunderstanding of the hit order spared her, and left her at the age of eight an orphan.

The state left her in the care of her uncle after her families death. Fearing for her safety, she was moved to Sicily, where she lived with the Bertinelli Mafia family. Growing up allowed her to watch her cousins train in hand-to-hand techniques, as well as small-arms. During that time, Helena starting having nightmares of her families murder. Her cousin taught her that there was a way to end the nightmares...killing the murderers. "Blood calls for blood", he told her. She took the words to heart, and trained with her cousins, all with one focus...vengeance.

At age 15, Helena was sent to Switzerland. Italian and Sicilian authorities were starting to crack down on the Mafia. While in boarding school, she read about the true horrors of the mafia. The betrayal from her family was almost too much to bear. Throughout the rest of her time in Switzerland, she plotted the revenge against her own family.

At eighteen, she enrolled in university at Palermo. It was while there that she returned to her uncles home...long since abandoned. Taking her old crossbow, she made up her costume, and became what she is today...The Huntress. Soon after, she returned to Gotham, where her family returned too. It was while there that she began her spree of vengeance, taking out members of her own family for the horrors they had inflicted upon others.

After her third kill, she realized her mistake. She was taking anger out on people who hurt others...but she was unable to feed her true vengeance. Finally tracking down Santo Cassamento, she killed him in cold blood, killing him as he slept. The next day, she killed the assassin that he had sent.

Now, she tries to cope with what she's done. While not sorry, it is a conflict with her Catholic upbringing, bringing about a serious crisis of conscious.

Occupation: Helena does not need to work, having open and sole access to the Bertinelli fortune. Even though it is blood money, Helena does her best to put I think to good use, doing philanthropic work. Currently, she has just started the Bertinelli Fund for displaced youth of violent crimes.

Family: Her entire family is dead...either by other mafia families...or her own hand.

Ace Flyer

Awesome! In hindsight, how about people PM their CS's to me? It'll make them easier to go over with you all :)

Life in Color

Ace Flyer

Pumpkin Seeds

Will try to get something up for a Flash woman.

Lithium

I heard that there's a distinct lack of ladies in this thread, so here I am!

Rave

Since he's a founding member, and no one's stolen him yet (Plus I think there's like one spot left), I'll throw my hat in for Hal Jordan!

yuki92

so is it possible to create our own version of a certain superheroes?

Anyway, i'm interested in this.

Cuchulainn

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Lithium on March 14, 2017, 09:32:42 PM
I heard that there's a distinct lack of ladies in this thread, so here I am!

Yay! Welcome :)

Quote from: Rave on March 14, 2017, 09:57:11 PM
Since he's a founding member, and no one's stolen him yet (Plus I think there's like one spot left), I'll throw my hat in for Hal Jordan!

Also welcome! We got a Lantern, woo!

Quote from: yuki92 on March 14, 2017, 11:06:41 PM

so is it possible to create our own version of a certain superheroes?

Anyway, i'm interested in this.

Yes. If you have any ideas or something you want to try, post here or shoot me a PM and I'll help you out if you need any :)

Quote from: Cuchulainn on March 15, 2017, 02:42:38 AM
Would there be room for an animal man?

Hmm...Yeah, but I think I'm going to snip recruitment there.

So!

This went a lot faster than I honest expected it to, lol. Here's what we've gotten so far:

Founders
AceFlyer - Superman
Covert Revulsion - Wonder Woman
Sun Wukong - Martian Manhunter
Anna Katrine - Zatanna / Green Arrow
WhatLiesAbove - Huntress
Life in Color - Batwoman
Pumpkin Seeds - Flash
Lithium - Raven
Rave - Green Lantern
Yuki92 - TBD
Cuchulainn - Animal Man

And a few people who have asked me in PMs about characters. I think this is a good group to start with, so if people are set with their choices, feel free to start submitting CS's. I've gotten a few already, so, thank you!

Does anyone have any questions/concerns, so far?

VonDoom

Reserving Vartox the Hyperman!

No, that's obviously not my actual subject of interest. What is? Well.

Most of my other favourites who haven't been called already aren't really JL material. John Constantine, Jason Blood/The Demon, the more villainous occasional anti-heroes like Black Adam or Sinestro. So what else might I try? I suppose that is the Question.

Edit: stupid cellphone, confusing Adam for Arab.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: VonDoom on March 15, 2017, 07:53:00 AM
Reserving Vartox the Hyperman!

No, that's obviously not my actual subject of interest. What is? Well.

Most of my other favourites who haven't been called already aren't really JL material. John Constantine, Jason Blood/The Demon, the more villainous occasional anti-heroes like Black Adam or Sinestro. So what else might I try? I suppose that is the Question.

Edit: stupid cellphone, confusing Adam for Arab.

Quote from: mia h on March 15, 2017, 07:55:26 AM
Is there room to squeeze Stars in?

Thanks for the interest! Right now, though, I think I'm at capacity for what I can safely handle as a GM. Plus, for a League founding, I don't want to go too overboard with too many people.

But I will keep you two on the waiting list, to be poked if people drop out and as I get more, and expand things are stuff goes on!

AmandaWho

I'd like to throw in for Zatanna. I'll get a CS worked up. I was one of the peeps Ace mentioned who was PMing him, by the way. I can be annoying that way lol

AmandaWho

I assume that since this takes place at the founding of the JL, heroes should be scaled back to that point in their career and history, more or less. I'm going to keep that in mind when I put together a sheet.

Ace Flyer

Yup! I imagine just about everyone has only been doing their hero thing for a year or two.

Ace Flyer

GM Notice

Okay! Some awesome CS's have come in, and we have a few approved characters already! I've posted up a Character Thread and an OOC Discussion. If you've been approved, you can feel free to start chattering away in the OOC discussion! Feel free to establish any potential character connections, not that I think many will know each other before game start, or anything and everything else you all want to talk about!

Once I get a few more characters, we can get started!

I'll handle the posted of the approved CS's. This is purely for future-proofing, if someone drops the game or backs out for any reason, the character can more easily be removed and an opening made for someone else. If anyone would ever like to make an edit or modification to their CS, just let me know, and I'll get it done ASAP!

Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264412.0

OOC Discussion: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264413.0

Re Z L

Cutting off applicants!?

Well fine then!  No Justice League Founder Harley Quinn for you!  or am I serious?

But don't worry, I'll keep my eye on this to see if something shakes loose  ;)
A&A