News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

#ElliquiyProblems

Started by Fury Aphrodisia, September 24, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hob

Quote from: Ralhend on November 17, 2016, 03:17:36 AM
Its quite addictive, and when indulged upon it sometimes makes you hallucinate.

Right now I think my computer screen is mumbling something to me, its sounds something along the lines of "go to bed Jackass... you have work in the morning."

There was this great computer game some time ago called Dungeon Keeper 2. Now and then the narrator in the game would randomly make strange comments. I remember that if you played past midnight (or maybe 3am), you'd here something like, "Your nocturnal perseverance has earned you a hidden gaming tip: GO TO BED!"

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on November 17, 2016, 03:28:41 AM
Finding someone I may be compatible with only to see that their posting requirements are a great deal faster than I can post.

On a related note, when you come across this really awesome story idea... but you're just not quite sure if the two of you are compatible as writing partners.

#ElliquiyProblems

RedRose

Quote from: Justric on November 17, 2016, 05:03:43 AM
There was this great computer game some time ago called Dungeon Keeper 2. Now and then the narrator in the game would randomly make strange comments. I remember that if you played past midnight (or maybe 3am), you'd here something like, "Your nocturnal perseverance has earned you a hidden gaming tip: GO TO BED!"

:P
A great video game is dangerous... You decide to play a bit, and next thing you know it's 4 am. A bit like RP or conversation on E.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Hob

Quote from: RedRose on November 17, 2016, 06:30:34 AM
:P
A great video game is dangerous... You decide to play a bit, and next thing you know it's 4 am. A bit like RP or conversation on E.

I think it was Overlord 2 where I was up playing til all hours one night. My minions were in this area filled with lava. I swear, I blinked, and the next thing I knew I had a totally different set of minions and was in an area of the game world covered in blue goo. It seems that I sleep played through about three levels of the game.

OT: You wake up having a totally awesome, wicked idea for a reply to one of your partner's posts, and you just have to get it out of your head before you forget it... But you're still tired and not thinking right, and you have no idea whether what you just wrote makes any sense.  (*points both thumbs at self*) This guy.

#ElliquiyProblems

Oniya

(14:27:46) Bes: Gyro za or spinach/chic​ken/alfredo - both on thin crust
(14:28:22) Oniya: Dammit Bes, I just finished lunch and now I'm hungry again.
(14:29:00) Bes: HEH
(14:29:05) Bes: Sorry not sorry? ;)

*sigh*  #ElliquiyProblems
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

King Serperior

Constantly being surprised and flustered when someone tells you that they have stalked your writing and think you are very talented when you think that you're only average and that there are others more talented that deserve that praise instead of you...  >.>

#ElliquiyProblems

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Nico

Wanting another story or two - while having absolutely no idea for one.

#ElliquiyProblems

Caedy

Quote from: King Serperior on November 17, 2016, 01:38:35 PM
Constantly being surprised and flustered when someone tells you that they have stalked your writing and think you are very talented when you think that you're only average and that there are others more talented that deserve that praise instead of you...  >.>

#ElliquiyProblems

+100000

OT: Finally sitting down to write and your muse effectively giving you the finger and wandering off because you've just worked a nearly 12 hr shift.

#ElliquiyProblems
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Verasaille

You have this amazing idea you know fits a certain writer to a 'T', but he is not accepting any more rps.

#Elliquiyproblems
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Hob

When for no sane reason and despite all of the wonderful comments of your partners and friends, you start to question yourself as a writer. (Let's hear it for SAD everyone!)

#ElliquiyProblems

HannibalBarca

QuoteFinding someone I may be compatible with only to see that their posting requirements are a great deal faster than I can post.

This, so many times.

That first week of a new group game, and so many posts are filling up the first couple of threads that you can barely keep up with all the new pairings of the numerous characters.  #ElliquiyProblems

Going back to an old RP with a partner you really enjoyed writing with because...damn...that RP was just perfect, and reading it over again is so satisfying...until you get to the end and...WHY DID IT HAVE TO END JUST RIGHT THERE?!?  #ElliquiyProblems

Having been on Elliquiy for over three years and knowing you still haven't been able to write with some of the people you've hoped to.  #ElliquiyProblems

Knowing that as a straight man, I can write a straight male opposite a partner playing a straight female with Ruby Rose or Ellen Page as an avatar...and then come back to RL and...sigh.  #ElliquiyProblems

1. Join a group vampire game requesting a paragraph of backstory for each century of your vampire's age.
2. Create a vampire that is 2,000 years old.
3. Actually write that vampire.
4. See that group game wither away.  #ElliquiyProblems
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Hob

Quote from: HannibalBarca on November 23, 2016, 03:21:07 AM
1. Join a group vampire game requesting a paragraph of backstory for each century of your vampire's age.
2. Create a vampire that is 2,000 years old.
3. Actually write that vampire.
4. See that group game wither away.  #ElliquiyProblems

Putting all that time into developing your character(s) for a group RP, plotting scenes with other people in said group RP, getting really hyped for said group RP... and then watching it fizzle either just before or just after launch as people pull out, especially the ones whose characters were interacting with yours the most heavily.

#ElliquiyProblems
#GroupRPsSuck

Verasaille

Funny we were just discussing that in the other thread...

Why is it so hard for anyone to actually commit to staying with an rp they get all that enthusiasm about? I mean, why go to all the trouble of making a character sheet, establishing a background, even lining up an in game partner, and then just...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTnTi1Lq60

#Elliquiyproblems
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

CuriousEyes

When someone you PM about their 1x1 thread that you think you would get along well with never replied to you, then bumps their thread. Leaving you like...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#ElliquiyProblems

Twisted Crow

When you have all the muse... your partner is waiting on you to start up a thread annnnd... BAM!

Migraine stomps his way in and finds a place to stay for a while.

#ElliquiyProblems

Hob

Quote from: CuriousEyes on November 26, 2016, 06:33:27 AM
When someone you PM about their 1x1 thread that you think you would get along well with never replied to you, then bumps their thread. Leaving you like...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#ElliquiyProblems

Feeling this so hard right now. Someone doesn't want to RP, fine, but have the common courtesy to at least reply, "No thanks" at the least.

RedRose

New potential Partner is nice. Fun. Motivated. But can't spell.
OR wants a historical RP and mixes up American Revolution and Civil War.
Also, when you finally find someone for your craved plot but your ideas or tastes differ a TON.

#ElliquiyProblems
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Twisted Crow

Quote from: Justric on November 26, 2016, 08:43:25 AM
Feeling this so hard right now. Someone doesn't want to RP, fine, but have the common courtesy to at least reply, "No thanks" at the least.

I generally agree (that I would like at least a polite refusal).

Although...

To be fair... one can also read their message in their free time, intend on replying after sleep or work and simply lose track and forget about that message. That happens to me sometimes. :)

Edited for clarity. ;)

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Dallas on November 27, 2016, 03:46:31 PM
I am in a similar camp. Although...

To be fair... one can also read their message in their free time, intend on replying after sleep or work and simply lose track and forget about that message. That happens to me sometimes. :)
I used to be SO bad about this. I mentally respond to messages and then forget to actually respond. So if I know I'm not in a place to actually respond, I don't even open my inbox so that the notification stays up so I can see it when I can actually answer.

OT: Wanted to step back into 1:1's so I bumped my thread. Now instead of the one or two I wanted, I have FOUR. Where am I going to get the time for these?!?!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Twisted Crow

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on November 27, 2016, 04:14:03 PM
I used to be SO bad about this. I mentally respond to messages and then forget to actually respond.

Oh my gosh, I am so relieved that I am not alone in doing that. I am a bit of a scatterbrain.  XD

Verasaille

Oh my gosh! If I ever read a message and not respond right away, I am totally fine with someone bugging me. I am so forgetful!!

There are times however, I think, when people get a message and they are just not sure and want to think about it. I tend to forget too, that not everyone has all my free time.  Some people actually have lives outside of Elliquiy!

It is hard to try and get in touch with some people that you really want to be friends with, but they are just so busy!! Or they only log on once a week.

Holidays can be very stressful for some people too, and they might not have the time to answer right away.

Elysian Radiance

Coming up with story titles... FML this is so hard.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Rhedyn

When you log in and there's so many new posts all over the site to take a look at. You want to see all the things first and so you have no idea where to even start #ElliquiyProblems

RedRose

I wish there was a draft function E! When I don't reply to someone, it's often because I wrote the answer but forgot to copy it on E...

And yes titles! Difficult to come up with a great one
#ElliquiyProblems

Elysian Radiance

Blythe