Supernatural Reigns | Modern Fantasy Creatures | RECRUITMENT THREAD | LGBTQIA+

Started by WhatLiesAbove, June 18, 2023, 05:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatLiesAbove

SUPERNATURAL REIGNS

Imagine a modern day world, where vampires, werewolves, and all manner of creatures from the Fae realm were able to walk and talk among us...hold jobs, have relationships, even hold public office. While certain prejudices would still reign, the world has still gone out of its way to give these creatures an equal voice in government and opened itself up to accepting all such manner of mythical phenomena. A place where...not only have the preternatural been outed, but have been part of the very fabric of society for ten years?

Sacramento, California...the capital of one of the most accepting states in America...is a bastion for all manner of creatures great and small. The government does not try to involve itself within the communities internal affairs, so long as they follow the rule of law. Ensuring that mans law is followed is the P.L.E.D...The Preternatural Law Enforcement Division. They handle any and all crimes committed by those who are not human by nature.

Of course, within each species is another set of laws...rules put forth to ensure that each faction is kept in check. Cities are ruled by Alpha wolves, Elder Vampires, and members of the Fae Courts. All creatures are mindful of humanities need for law and order...but they don't necessarily consider it to be above their own. Besides, there are still ancient feuds...and bad blood doesn't go away just because one has gotten out of the coffin. The question is...how will these typically warring factions handle keeping the peace? For the good of all?

Supernatural Reigns is a new concept to age old fantasy groups. The different factions are being fine-tuned, but there are quite a good bit about them all. Right now, I'm just looking to see if this gets any interest whatsoever. Set in modern day Sacramento, it will be an open sandbox world with the chance to help forward the story as a whole! Let's see who's interested!

RULES

1. First and foremost, respect is to be afforded to all players, regardless of whom they are playing. Remember, IC and OOC are not one in the same.

2. Consent must be gained from any players regarding any scenes. We are all here to have fun!

3. Mature content is going to be part of the game, including potentials for torture, death, and sex. If that is not something that you are interested in, then this may not be the game for you.

4. Mixing magick and reality is a fine balance. Please respect other players, and understand that no magick will be allowed that doesn't have player consent. Please, remember that Rule 2 is very important!

5. Chances are that a discord will be started for this game. While it will not be the ONLY way to plot, there will be plotting there as well as in OOC chats. Please be sure to stay in the loop!

6. HAVE FUN. The game is designed to hopefully let your imaginations run wild. I'm not here to stifle imagination, but at the same time deity-like powerful creatures will not be permitted.

7. I'm open to discourse regarding just about anything. However, I do ask that when a decision is made regarding the game that that decision be respected.

8. All rules and regulations on Elliquiy are to be respected and adhered to. I have no desire to be banished from the site or to have the game shut down.

9. In regards to E, it is important to remember that we are all pixels on a screen. If for any reason anyone feels uncomfortable with how OOC discussions are going, you are encouraged to speak up about it. OOC IS MEANT TO BE A SAFE SPACE FOR ALL!

10. The game is going to be LGBTQIA+ friendly. All manners of gender/sexuality are welcome!

CHARACTER SHEET

Below is the outline for Character Sheets. Please feel free to send them in privately, or place them in this thread for now! I am looking forward to the ideas everyone has for characters! RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN!!!!

[center][b][u][size=18pt][font=andale mono]TITLE OR CHARACTER NAME[/font][/size][/u][/b][/center]

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10]CHARACTER IMAGE HERE[/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b] CHARACTER NAME
[b]Real Age:[/b] HOW OLD THEY ACTUALLY ARE
[b]Apparent Age:[/b] HOW OLD THEY APPEAR
[b]Species:[/b] Vampire/Wolf/Fae/Human
[b]Affiliation:[/b] WHICH GROUP ARE THEY WITH, OR ARE THEY LONERS?
[b]Gender:[/b] ANY GENDER/NON-BINARY PERSON WELCOME

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] WHO ARE THEY IN REAL LIFE?

[b]Player:[/b] WHO ARE YOU?

[hr]
[hr]

[center][i][font=andale mono][size=14pt][u][b]Personality[/b][/u][/size][/font][/i][/center]

[center][i]This can be bullet points or a list. Please have at least 5, with a minimum of two negatives[/i][/center]

[hr]

[center][i][font=andale mono][size=14pt][u][b]Appearance[/b][/u][/size][/font][/i][/center]

[center][i]Write something out, or add in some extra pictures. You can even do both![/i][/center]

[center][img height=150 padding=10][/img] [img height=150 padding=10][/img] [img height=150 padding=10][/img] [img height=150 padding=10][/img][/center]

[hr]

[center][i][font=andale mono][size=14pt][u][b]History[/b][/u][/size][/font][/i][/center]

Please have at least two full paragraphs for your history. Have fun with it, and be sure to give a [color=red][u]WARNING[/u][/color] if the history contains possibly triggering stories.

CREATION RULES

Vampire Creation Rules

1. No vampire can be over 1000 years old
2. All vampires must follow the rules for vampires found here.
3. Some vampires might have ONE additional power over those listed. If you are wanting this, please make sure to clear it with the GM.
4. Vampires can have servants/blood dolls. NPC's can be created to allow for this.
Werewolf Creation Rules

1. Werewolves can be a maximum of 500 years.
2. Werewolf rules can be found here.
3. When creating a werewolf, please be aware of the fact that Rage plays a big part of a werewolf's life.
4. Werewolves strength is unmatched. Be careful when out in the world!
Fae Creation Rules

1. Fae are immortal. When making a Fae, you can put down how old they look (it must be over 18), but they will forever be ageless.
2. Fae rules are found here.
3. Magick is mostly endless. However, separation from the Fae Realm DOES come with consequences. Please be wary of those!
4. Unlike the clashing between Werewolves and Vampires, Fae consider themselves above such petty squabbles. However, be sure to put down if you are part of the Seelie or UnSeelie courts. That friction can come over into the human realm, and most likely does.

DISCORD

We now have a discord link! Please feel free to come and check out the discord here! I look forward to seeing you all!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    Advice for GMs on Elliquiy

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

WhatLiesAbove

I have outlines for each creature, though I do have a bit of leniency when it comes to Fae creatures. I'll be linking up my Worldbuilding here in a few, to give people an idea of what I'm thinking.

Foxy DeVille

Oooo.... interested. I like the concept of the supernatural being out in the open. Plus it's in my former neck of the woods.

WhatLiesAbove

Love that I got your interest, Foxy!

For those that are interested, here is the Worldbuilding Thread.

Enjoy!

Foxy DeVille

Are other kinds of supernatural beings possible or will it be limited to vampires, werewolves, and fae? Got a few potential ideas depending on what's available.

WhatLiesAbove

For now, it will likely keep to those three, though others will open as the game progresses. It should be noted that Fae creatures are not relegated to ONLY those listed. They are just examples

AndyZ

I think I’ll pass on this one.  No offense, but I’m just getting tired of stories where the churches are the bad guys.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

WhatLiesAbove

No offense taken, though I don’t think I’ve written anything regarding the church.

AndyZ

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Of course, with such a realization came a backlash of hate and bigotry…mostly in the form of religious ideology. Science had no answers, and so religion came to fill the gaps in knowledge. All were shunned, even certain angels that did not align with the fanaticism of religions such as Christianity, Judaism, and Islam (which were…well…ALL of them). They were outcast as false prophets, summoned by the devil of choice to denounce the very existence of such otherworldly beings.

WhatLiesAbove

I didn't realize that I needed to write up the fact that ever since, churches, synagogues, and mosques have since opened their doors to creatures that were not considered human. I'll be sure to add that in the next fix.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

WhatLiesAbove

In other news...updates for Werewolves and Vampires has been added. Other updates shall be coming later.

AndyZ

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on June 19, 2023, 10:40:04 PM
I didn't realize that I needed to write up the fact that ever since, churches, synagogues, and mosques have since opened their doors to creatures that were not considered human. I'll be sure to add that in the next fix.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Ah, cool.  One thing I can suggest easy is the confessional, especially when a monster is penitent about something that went horribly wrong.

I’ll keep watching in case I get a good idea.

BlueEyedBard

This is a fun idea WLA!
Definitely will be keeping an eye on it.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on June 20, 2023, 10:56:51 PM
This is a fun idea WLA!
Definitely will be keeping an eye on it.

Always an honor to catch your eye!

FlowerMagnolia

peeks in

Oh this looks good... I need to catch up on a few stories first, but I would love to take part in this!

BlueEyedBard

WLA, how do you feel about Jinn being part of the UnSeelie court?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on June 21, 2023, 04:05:37 PM
WLA, how do you feel about Jinn being part of the UnSeelie court?

Bring it on! I’ll be working out a CS outline here in the next few days.

Quote from: FlowerMagnolia on June 21, 2023, 04:13:18 AM
peeks in

Oh this looks good... I need to catch up on a few stories first, but I would love to take part in this!

I’d love to have you!

WhatLiesAbove

A Timeline and the Queen of Sacramento have been added to the World Building!

Some roles that will likely be needing help with be the following:

Mayor of Sacramento

Alpha of the River Valley Pack

Commander of PLED

Alias

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Alias on July 04, 2023, 03:04:01 PM
oh, Vampires?!
yeaaah, I'm interested :)

Something told me that would catch your eye! <3

TippedVelvet

Is there room (pun intended) for Tinkerbell-sized fae in your world? If so, do you have any suggestions for tying such a concept to your setting?
Interested in writing with me? Check out my likes!

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: TippedVelvet on July 06, 2023, 09:32:17 PM
Is there room (pun intended) for Tinkerbell-sized fae in your world? If so, do you have any suggestions for tying such a concept to your setting?

This is certainly viable. I'd think they might be able to work their way in as a side-kick for someone, or attach themselves to a human or other creature as a way to survive. The one thing I'd be cautious of is the realization that someone that small has a very real chance of getting smooshed.

WhatLiesAbove

Queen of Sacramento

Name: Genevieve Lavigne
Real Age: 756
Apparent Age: 41
Species: Vampire
Affiliation: Kingdom of Sacramento

Faceclaim: Cate Blanchett

Player: WLA

Personality

• Cunning
  • Intellectual
  • Savage
  • Just
  • Devious
  • Artistic

Appearance

Write something out, or add in some extra pictures. You can even do both!

History

It would be easy to say that Vieve was born to nobility, and she had a great upbringing with many suitors. However, that is not the case. Vieve grew up the daughter of a pig farmer in what is now Riems. Born a full half century after the last crusade, the blonde Frenchwoman was the middle daughter, with one older brother and one younger brother. Her father was a drunkard, who spent more than his fair share sleeping in the pigpen with his herd. This suited the family just fine, since the man tended to be heavy with the belt when sauced.

When she began to blossom, she garnered the attention of most of the boys in her area. This tended to include her brothers, who would often join their friends on spying on her while she bathed. It was not lost on Vieve that on occasion an older woman would seem to watch her longer than was necessary, though at the time such things were rarely spoken about. Vieve's growing up was very religiously pushed, and with the Church helping to lead the Crown, everyone was a Catholic whether they were or not.

Vieve grew up learning all the things a young woman needed to know in order to land a good husband: cooking, cleaning, and tending to the farm. However, she never learned to read or write growing up. After all, what need would she have of such things? It wasn't actually until her unlife that Vieve really began to grow as a person, and showed that her mind was just as fruitful as her body.

By the time she was 16, Vieve had been married off to a butcher. The smell was horrendous, and Vieve hated her life. The man took her innocence, her identity, and any hope of getting out of a small town that she may have had. There were many points where Vieve hoped for death, though she was much too cowardly to kill herself. Besides, suicide was a mortal sin against the Almighty. How could she go against the teachings of the Church?

She was lucky that it was a life she endured for only 10 years. Being much older than her, her husband suddenly passed away, though people in that day and age never lived very long. It was left to Vieve to run the butchers shop, and continue on with her life. It forced her to learn how to read in a rudimentary way, but she was still able to hire on an apprentice to do most of the work. The boy was young, but he was able to do the work. While it hadn't solved her problem of getting out of the Reims area, it was still better than nothing.

Shortly after her 40th birthday, Vieve was approached by a nobleman. With darkness pushing for closure of the shop, she had been alone. It was not the first time the nobleman, Henri Lavigne, had come to visit her. This time his intentions were clear....he did not want to purchase anything, or bring in a carcass for slaughter. Instead, he wanted to take her out, to court her. While this was not the first time that someone had brought it up, Vieve was not foolish enough to turn down a man of standing.

It was that night, under the shade of an oak tree and out of sight of the full moon, that Henri changed Vieve's life forever.

Genevieve Lavigne has traveled all over the world. She has witness countless world-changing events...from the rise and fall of Joan of Arc, to the end of the 100 years war, the formation of the New World, the Civil War, taming of the Wild West, and the creation of modern capitalism. When vampires came out of the casket, Vieve was already once again alone in the world...having lost Henri to a Werewolf attack in London during a search for Jack the Ripper. It was quite the shock for many world leaders that the blonde French beauty was a nightwalker, but it certainly helped Vieve grab onto and maintain power wherever she went. Investments from a centuries-old butcher shop and Henri's riches didn't hurt, either.

It has been only a decade since Vieve has become the Queen of Sacramento. Understanding it's importance in a state that holds some of the greatest wealth in the world, Vieve uses her abilities as a world traveler to keep the Kingdom strong, and has been able to work with the State of California to push for increases in the rights of those who walk the night...so long as they follow the laws: both hers and those of mortals.