Impeachment, Take Two (and Other Trump News)

Started by Oniya, January 30, 2021, 08:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwyrm

Looks more and more like the Capitol Insurrection was a well-planned and orchestrated event, and not as random as its apologists have been making it out to be, with coordination being made between the various groups involved.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/wait-for-the-6th-when-we-are-all-in-dc-to-insurrection-new-communications-indicate-coordination-between-oath-keepers-proud-boys-and-three-percenters/

I wonder if these guys realised that if Trump were to invoke the Insurrection Act lawfully, that would mean that the National Guard would have turned their weapons on them instead. Probably the only way that the armed forces would obey.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Oniya

I realize that it's only circumstantial evidence, but there were people there in 'Civil War 1/6/2021' t-shirts.  I'm not a lawyer, but making t-shirts sounds a weency bit like premeditation.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

This is such an absurd piece of political jockeying and back-scratching. Kylie Jane Kremer, the director of two major lobbying organizations for Trump, Women for Trump and Women for America First puts out a puffer tweet for a speech at Trump's "Save America Summit" (!) by Katrina Pierson, a veteran Trump spokeswoman, advisor and lobbyist (also a tea party veteran and political con artist). Pierson would be on the same stage as Matt Gaetz, a guy KJK and her circle has been busy defending over the last week as the sex allegations gathered on him.

I don't know what their speeches sounded like but Kremer's tweet is in a language that's stupid over the top, blind hyperbole - an echo of how their master talks (she was the permit holder for the rally at the Ellipse that led to the storming of the Capitol). And if the original tweet is funny, many of the replies are great meme material, spot on and so cool to read.

It's interesting too that though Kylie Jane is the head of both organizations and surely wrote this tweet, she avoided sending it in her own name (she's on twitter like everybody else except Donnie). As someone pointed out in a comment, this could be a sign that her lawyer has told her to be careful what she puts out on twitter and that she may have caught the attention of the FBI, in connection with the Jan. 6 events.  C:)

https://twitter.com/america1stwomen/status/1379478792935247874

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

gaggedLouise

This is the most idiotic slogan against human sex trafficking I've ever heard, and it shows just how clueless the Trump movement really is about these things.  :-( From the same Trump/Gaetz summit.

https://twitter.com/america1stwomen/status/1380919539806920704

Haibane

So out of touch, so far out there it's lala land. The most upsetting and scary thing is some people will lap this up and believe it, just like the man who died and his partner who became ill after ingesting fishtank cleaning chemicals after their president raised the thought in their minds.

Humble Scribe

The Ukraine story won't go away. Rudy Giuliani's home and offices were raided by the FBI and documents and computers taken. If Rudy faces a Federal indictment, and Trump can no longer protect him, does anyone think he won't flip? Better stock up on popcorn, because this one will run and run.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rudy-giulianis-new-york-apartment-searched-by-federal-investigators-11619628650
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

Haibane

Giuliani is an incompetent clown who deserves everything that comes his way. Though his political life has seen such a strange transformation as way back when in New York and dealing with the 9/11 issues he was actually a sensible, effective person, then he got infected with Trumpism and it all fell apart. The car-park-next-to-a-sex-store press meetings, the hair-dye leaking sweats, the "trial by combat" crowd-rousing, the Sidney Powell associations... it's cringe-worthy. Now, he's just a laughing stock.

Oniya

Quote from: Haibane on April 30, 2021, 01:04:04 PM
Giuliani is an incompetent clown who deserves everything that comes his way. Though his political life has seen such a strange transformation as way back when in New York and dealing with the 9/11 issues he was actually a sensible, effective person, then he got infected with Trumpism and it all fell apart. The car-park-next-to-a-sex-store press meetings, the hair-dye leaking sweats, the "trial by combat" crowd-rousing, the Sidney Powell associations... it's cringe-worthy. Now, he's just a laughing stock.

I've heard New Yorkers say that before 9/11, he was just as much of a blowhard as he is now - then he rode that wave of 'America's Mayor' until it nose-dived (nose-dove?) into the ground with Trump.  New Yorkers from the pre-2001 days are like 'Yep, same old Rudy.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TheGlyphstone

And don't forget that he used to be married to his second cousin..

Oniya

Just for clarification, and to save anyone else from the google-searching, the Giuliani that now writes for Newsmax was not from that marriage.

Haibane

Cyber Ninjas Inc., a Florida-based firm hired by Arizona Senate Republicans, to undertake the hand recount at Veterans Memorial Coliseum of Maricopa County, Arizona 2020 election votes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-28/arizona-gop-led-election-audit-poised-to-survive-court-test

Why? Why is this still going on? The damage Trump has done to democracy will be deep and long lasting.

Fox Lokison

Quote from: Haibane on May 01, 2021, 09:32:24 AM
Cyber Ninjas Inc., a Florida-based firm hired by Arizona Senate Republicans, to undertake the hand recount at Veterans Memorial Coliseum of Maricopa County, Arizona 2020 election votes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-28/arizona-gop-led-election-audit-poised-to-survive-court-test

Why? Why is this still going on? The damage Trump has done to democracy will be deep and long lasting.

It's still going on simply because Trumpism didn't rise out of nowhere. The roots existed for a long, long time, and the people sounding the alarms were called nuts and paranoid. The folks who finally got their power and day in the spotlight after all that waiting aren't gonna let go easily and fade gracefully into the night. Sadly. Until the roots are dealt with, thoroughly, this will keep happening. And as America doesn't seem ready to admit it's got a white supremacist, Christian nationalist problem that feeds this... yup

TheGlyphstone

Publicity stunt, basically. They need to feed the validation of their followers to keep the 'steal' fiction alive.

Haibane

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 01, 2021, 10:04:56 AM
Publicity stunt, basically. They need to feed the validation of their followers to keep the 'steal' fiction alive.
I would have thought 50+ thrown out lawsuits might have suggested the whole idea was wrong... but then I guess the conspiracist mindset just rejects all contrary evidence.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Haibane on May 01, 2021, 11:02:20 AM
I would have thought 50+ thrown out lawsuits might have suggested the whole idea was wrong... but then I guess the conspiracist mindset just rejects all contrary evidence.

“Owning the libs”, isnt that, what many want, more then anything?

Fox Lokison

Quote from: The Lovely Tsaritsa on May 01, 2021, 11:11:33 AM
“Owning the libs”, isnt that, what many want, more then anything?

To put it mildly. They think they're actually right about everything they've claimed, OR, that it doesn't matter if they're right or wrong, they need to win.

Delusion infects all, and provides a great opportunity to advance one's cause.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Haibane on May 01, 2021, 11:02:20 AM

I've been asking diehard Trumpists and QAnoners online lately: "Where's the Frankfurt server? What happened to the many revelations, the damning facts that were to be found on it?" - these are people I know were posting massively about the supposed Frankfurt raid and how everything was going to be revealed, back in November/December, and who quoted Sidney Powell on the story as if she were infallible.

They just try to run away from the question and pretend that they never believed the stuff.

stormwyrm

Looks like Liz Cheney is finding herself isolated as the Republican Party transforms into Trump's Cult of Personality.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/08/liz-cheney-republican-party-trump

I was hoping that it would mean the Republican Party would fracture into the cultists and the conservative old guard like Cheney. But no, it looks like more like there aren't enough of them like her willing to stand up to the cult.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Annaamarth

Kinzinger, Collins, Romney, a few others haven't rolled over yet, but Cheney is being put out on the paddock like a feed-goat for a tyrannosaur. It's just a part of their show.

Am I comparing the trumpist base to an extinct scavenger with a reputation far more impressive than the scientific evidence seems to suggest it warrants? Yes, yes I am.

Note: not an endorsement of any of the above. In particular I enjoyed a moment of shadenfreud at the bed Romney has made:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/02/mitt-romney-booed-and-called-traitor-at-utah-republican-convention
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: stormwyrm on May 08, 2021, 01:34:06 PM
Looks like Liz Cheney is finding herself isolated as the Republican Party transforms into Trump's Cult of Personality.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/08/liz-cheney-republican-party-trump

I was hoping that it would mean the Republican Party would fracture into the cultists and the conservative old guard like Cheney. But no, it looks like more like there aren't enough of them like her willing to stand up to the cult.

This bizarre situation reminds me of the mid-4th century, when Athanasius was the one leading man in the top ranks of the established church to hold out against Arianism... Of course he was forced into exile too, but the truth eventually triumphed! :)

I feel that if this paranoid soap opera goes on for long, a split within the GOP will become inevitable: a classic republican party vs a Trump Party.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Annaamarth on May 10, 2021, 09:34:50 PM
Kinzinger, Collins, Romney, a few others haven't rolled over yet, but Cheney is being put out on the paddock like a feed-goat for a tyrannosaur. It's just a part of their show.

Am I comparing the trumpist base to an extinct scavenger
with a reputation far more impressive than the scientific evidence seems to suggest it warrants? Yes, yes I am.

Note: not an endorsement of any of the above. In particular I enjoyed a moment of shadenfreud at the bed Romney has made:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/02/mitt-romney-booed-and-called-traitor-at-utah-republican-convention
I've long been comparing his hardcore base to the SA brownshirts. No, not the SS of course, but the SA.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: gaggedLouise on May 11, 2021, 06:03:41 AM
I feel that if this paranoid soap opera goes on for long, a split within the GOP will become inevitable: a classic republican party vs a Trump Party.

If they split party, they both become minority. And, democrats would be majority? I dont think, corporate masters donating their money to republicans, want paying for this.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: The Lovely Tsaritsa on May 11, 2021, 06:49:21 AM
If they split party, they both become minority. And, democrats would be majority? I dont think, corporate masters donating their money to republicans, want paying for this.

I know, but how long are the backers going to accept getting associated in public with Trump, his proto-fascist movement and his open contempt for democracy?

If the party keeps on swearing obedience to Trump, then they're in a bad quandary; they can't win the White House with Trump (because he is growing more and more repellent to many people, even some republicans - and he can't take credit for anything he'd be doing in office now) and they can't win without him (because as you said, after a split they won't be strong enough). I think they need to break with Trump the way someone joining the AA takes a long hard look at himself, recognizes his alcohol addiction and begins working to throw it off, to resist it.

That's not going to be easy, but it's the only reasonable way they've got.

Fox Lokison

The proto-fascists also just aren't going to stay with people they think are traitors, no matter how much their corporate backers want it. These guys are extremists, and they think America is rotted to the core. They've got no more interest in staying in their party. They've been waiting a long time for their supposed victory, and they think they got robbed.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Fox Lokison on May 11, 2021, 08:57:49 AM
The proto-fascists also just aren't going to stay with people they think are traitors, no matter how much their corporate backers want it. These guys are extremists, and they think America is rotted to the core. They've got no more interest in staying in their party. They've been waiting a long time for their supposed victory, and they think they got robbed.

Exactly, it's like imagining Bolsheviks and the Liberal party working hand in hand on the same side in the UK or Sweden a hundred years ago and trusting each other. Both of them had been working towards the goal of "one man, one vote" (the Bolsheviks having been a small fringe group within the Social Democrat party,/Labour party) - but once that had been achieved and there had been revolutions, they went poles apart.