[Interest Check] The Perils of Haven City

Started by oldedog, April 15, 2024, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldedog

If you ever played in the large group Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! then this will sound kind of familiar. I'm checking to see if there is any interest in this style of game.

You could largely consider this a superhero or heroine in peril game. The basic idea would be that players can make one of two types of characters, either a hero or a villain.

If you make a villain, then you'll play the part of a minor GM. Your villain will have a lair or HQ that is filled with minions for the heroes to fight, ultimately battling your supervillain if they aren't defeated before then. The lair will be essentially a one shot adventure that you run. 

This lets the villain run a short game with particular kinks they enjoy; for example, a mind flayer like supervillain would have tentacles everywhere in their lair while a villain that makes clones of themself could easily include gangbangs or orgies filled with tons of clones.

If you make a hero, you'll obviously be working towards stopping the villains alongside your fellow heroes. The lairs allowing the heroes to easily find short games that meet their interest.

I've got a rule-lit system that would allow for a, hopefully, quick and fun game. My hope is that the short one-shot like nature of the lairs will prompt some people to take a stab at being a GM without the need to commit to a long term game.

Kara Danvers

I think the lair system is amazing Olde! 
~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

oldedog

Thanks, Kara. I'm hoping the game gets enough interest so we can test it out.

AndyZ

I don’t know the system but you have my curiosity.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

oldedog

The system is a homebrew which I've had some success with on a different website, hopefully, I'll get to see how it works here.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Foxy DeVille

Xurtan

Envious

Interesting! What's the posting speed you're hoping for?

oldedog

Quote from: Envious on April 17, 2024, 05:24:43 PMInteresting! What's the posting speed you're hoping for?
Personally, I'd don't have a particular expectation on posting speed but since every villain's lair would be treated like a one-shot adventure, they would of course have their own posting speed request. I would encourage anyone that makes a villain to be reasonable with response times.

yutohase

MightyMaiden

oldedog

Well, looks like I might need to see about getting a proper recruitment thread together in the near future.

scribus1000

A while back, I built up a fantasy-themed dungeon-diving rp with a similar concept to this, including a final boss villainess. This reminds me a lot of that concept. I may not be able to get into this with my plate currently full, but I'm definitely planning to follow along!
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-