News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What Uncommon Word Have You Used Today?

Started by LostInTheMist, April 14, 2021, 05:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheMist

I don't know if this'll catch on, but as Elliquiy users have large vocabularies, we probably use the occasional uncommon word. Maybe you used it in a post, maybe it was in other writing, or in conversation.

My word for today is "proximate."

I was having a text conversation with my friend about the NHL Hockey Team coming to Seattle. (The "Seattle Krakens", which is admittedly a good team name.) I stated that Seattle is "not sufficiently proximate to make me care about professional Hockey."

Honorable mention goes to "onerous" later in the same conversation.

If you think the word is uncommon enough to be worth mention, go ahead and mention it.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Nico

Actually, it's a pretty great idea! ;D

Mine are... Unbeknownst and audacity. The latter is perhaps not that uncommon but....I like the word.

Lain

This is a fun idea! Let's try it!

I used Spontaneity in an interview today... "I love spontaneity in a job"
My Heritage Is Rebellion.

Beguile's Mistress

Mascerate!

I was discussing recipes with a friend on the phone and we talked about different ways to mascerate fruit for deserts.  :-)

LostInTheMist

Transubstantiation in a text today with my friend discussing the "peculiarities" (not in a derogatory way)of religion.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

SilentFox

Juxtaposed, not a word I genuinely ever thought I'd use. :D

WordSmith

WiCk3d

Response time: About a week
Availability for rp: I am not looking for new rp partners.
Counter~
O's & O's~
My Plots ~ Updated 1/10/2023

Lovely Complex

Preposterous. I have used it previously but it has been a long minute since then.

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Lovely Complex

RedRose

My kids use words some teachers don't know. We're a geeky family, into all kinds of niche interests; oh, niche.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Silvered Sutures

Floccinaucinihilipilification, the action of or tendency to estimate something as worthless
My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

Pink Duct Tape

Taxing.

As in, "*&%^&(%( Son! WTF is wrong with you? Why would you do that? I swear the incompetence of you Swift drivers is taxing my last 17 brain cells! They're all like Lemmings about to name themselves Cliff and suicide! Did you fall out of the stupid tree? Did your mother dress you funny? Did your daddy stuff you in the washer as a kid and turn the spin cycle on?!?"

My dispatcher died laughing at me. A Swift driver tried to back out of the fuel island. He ripped the fuel nozzle off AND came within 3 inches of hitting my truck. :(

Silvered Sutures

limerence, but in all fairness I was trying to find a non-japanese word for a yandere.
My O/O Thread

Pink Duct Tape

Silvered Sutures

Cacophony, complaining about my loud neighbors.
My O/O Thread

Beguile's Mistress

aphasia - since my operation two years ago my brain keeps losing track of names and titles

Pink Duct Tape

HeartPoetic

Beguile's Mistress

Pink Duct Tape

HeartPoetic

Physiological...

Had a discussion with the hubby about whether love is an emotion or biological drive

LostInTheMist

"Ecclesiastical" (and "orgasmically" [uncommon in the real world]... in the same sentence, for bonus points.)

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Pink Duct Tape

Flabbergasted.

As in, "This goofy Swift driver looked flabbergasted at the prospect of having to back his truck up."