What Makes You Feel Old?

Started by LostInTheMist, April 29, 2022, 05:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Telling people(mainly co-workers) that I have lived in Japan since 1994 and their reply is that they weren’t even born yet.

The Lioness

Re-vamping my request thread, only to see I've got updates on there dating back to 2013.

Oh yeah, and realizing I'm now approaching the age my mother was when I graduated high school.
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

RedRose

O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

BlueOrange

Quote from: The Lioness on March 30, 2023, 09:18:42 PM
Re-vamping my request thread, only to see I've got updates on there dating back to 2013.

You remind me of the OOs and the request threads that start with “I’m new and still working things out” and they’re dated 2011. “Elliquy age” is definitely a thing.

Lady Shadow

Fake eyelashes, I think I am last woman that uses mascara.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Silvered Sutures

People born in 2005 can legally vote.
My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

Pink Duct Tape

varjue

OH MAN. There's a lot of things that make me feel old.I think one of the things that makes me feel really old is when people don't know what a VHS is or like... a Gameboy. That's so wild to me! Someone also once called my DS ancient and that felt absolutely like astonishing.

GhettoMedic

Part of this might just be because EMS prematurely ages you both mentally and physically, but I'm only 28 and every new EMT at my service looks like a literal child.

Pain

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts since I was a kid and, although it's still a relatively popular franchise (Square Enix and all that) there are people who haven't played the originals or owned a PS2, which makes me feel really old.

And CDs.

Silvered Sutures

The fact I saw my niece at a club.
My O/O Thread

Oniya

I forgot that anything more than five years old is 'obscure' on the Internet.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lady Shadow

Watching AI evolve when I remember the thought of it brings me back to the Terminator movies, which are becoming obsolete themselves.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Silvered Sutures

The fact there are currently 6 terminator movies, the last of which came out last decade
My O/O Thread

IsabellaRose

Quote from: Silvered Sutures on July 09, 2023, 06:24:35 PM
The fact I saw my niece at a club.

A kid I used to babysit for was bouncing at a local bar, which was weird. Weirder still when I went inside and ran into my nephew, who told me he'd been "coming here for years" ...

Victoria Skye

Thinking when Skyrim came out.

Also when people in their 20s call themselves old 🙃

Observing Trifles

I once told a 19-year-old intern in my department that I was 32. 

He looked me dead in the eye and said, verbatim, "Oh my god, what were the nineties like?!"

Damn, my dude. Damn.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Starling

Tik Tok. Instagram. Snapchat. 

I feel like a boomer for either not using them or really knowing how to. I mean, I know the basics, I just don't know how - you know what I mean? On a technical level, I'd manage just fine, but I don't know why people would, I don't know how to make the most of it, etcetera. 

Backpains. Granted, they don't just happen because of old age, but even though it's like a monthly occurrence for me... it makes me feel like I'm ready to lie down in a coffin, maybe permanently doze off. 

Or when I'm reminded that I'm like a million years old because the books/sites changed from saying that the dinosaurs died out 65 to 66 million years ago in my lifetime. xD (I know that's not how any of this works, but let me have this!) 
Just your average assistant to a villain.

Oniya

Quote from: Starling on October 29, 2023, 08:58:03 AMTik Tok. Instagram. Snapchat.

I feel like a boomer for either not using them or really knowing how to. I mean, I know the basics, I just don't know how - you know what I mean? On a technical level, I'd manage just fine, but I don't know why people would, I don't know how to make the most of it, etcetera.

If it's any consolation, Little Oni only views the occasional Tik Tok videos on her social feeds.  Neither of the other two cross her typical chatter. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Verasaille

Playing in a MMO with almost everyone younger than me and hearing some of them boast they are the oldest one in the game. Sitting there snickering that if I tell them how old I am they would be backing away like someone told them they were rping with their Grandmother!

Also realizing that my grandkids are old enough to have kids and that would make me a Great Grandma!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Pain

Someone recently reminded me that the Wii is 17 years old.

CaptainErotica

Realizing that I’ve been here longer then many of the other members have been alive. Or that so many of the other “Old Timers” are gone- but never forgotten.

yobo

Subtracting my age from the year I was born and realizing that year (so far back) is as close to the year I was born as the current year...

Oniya

Quote from: yobo on November 01, 2023, 05:18:19 AMSubtracting my age from the year I was born and realizing that year (so far back) is as close to the year I was born as the current year...

*stares in mathematician*

Lilias

Definite beginnings of arthritis in the shoulder. Having to be slow and careful when wriggling out of a sports bra, in order not to pull anything that will have me in agony for days, is a new low.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI