PF1e DM seeking players for one-on-one oneshots: Throne of the Linnorm King!

Started by indarkestknight, April 24, 2024, 06:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

So the Pathfinder 1st edition DM bug has been biting lately, but based on past experience and my current brain bandwidth and free time, I'm hesitant to commit to DMing an adventure for a group or even DMing for a solo PC. My solution? I'm offering to run a series of one-on-one oneshots. If it ends up going well, I may be inspired to commit to something longer term or with a larger group, but for now, I think it's best not to make any promises I don't think I can keep.

The Pitch: Throne of the Linnorm King

In the far north of Avistan's Inner Sea region, word has quickly begun to spread: One of the thrones of the Linnorm Kings stands empty. The right of rulership in these lands can only be claimed by those who have defeated in single combat one of the treacherous primeval dragons called linnorms. At the same time, word of a particularly brazen linnorm has started to spread as well. Though many have made an attempt to claim the life of the terror of the countryside, all have either died in the attempt or been taken captive, and, acquiring a taste for beautiful captives, the linnorm now seems to be demanding them as tributes from local settlements. Whatever your reasons, you seek to slay the linnorm– it is for glory? For the throne? (Are you forbidden from marrying your sweetheart unless you have the authority of a Linnorm King?) To free a captive taken by the linnorm? Is there a magic item in its hoard you simply must possess?

And what follows after? Are you rewarded with a kiss (and much more) by a prince or princess? Do you claim the captives as your own by right of strength of arms? Does the cult that has started to form, worshipping the linnorm's strength, now in turn worship you?

Or perhaps the dragon is ascendant, and the dragon claims you as another treasure for its collection? Perhaps it takes on a more humanoid or even human form to enjoy such treasures, or perhaps it samples such pleasures in its true form. Perhaps you take comfort in the arms of another captive, or perhaps you are gifted to the humanoids that worship it with a mix of awe and fear.

So, two part one shot: the solo fight against the linnorm, then an erotica scene after, determined by the outcome of the fight. Before I go into my current preferences for erotic scenes, I'm going to preface by saying if our tastes for erotica don't match up, I'm still more than happy to DM out your epic attempt at slaying a linnorm, and play out the immediate aftermath, fading to black just before it gets XXX-rated. Just let me know what experience you're looking for!

Right now I'm primarily interested in playing either a male or futanari character in any scenes with erotic content, with a preference for playing the character on the giving end of any penetration, but no strong preference for which side of any dominant/submissive dynamics that may or may not be present in the scene. I am mainly interested in writing those scenes opposite female, futanari, or femboy characters. The gender of my writing partner is of no consequence to me. I encourage you to check out my O&Os, and please reach out if you have any questions (it has, admittedly, been quite some time since that page has seen an update).

Character creation rules are very much up for negotiation and may vary from one shot to one shot based on the discussions between myself and the PC. Ideally, any characters submitted will be in the sweet spot where it's not a one-sided fight in either direction (unless someone is really looking to be overwhelmed by a linnorm, which I can also accommodate). Different chargen rules will be applied depending on what you're looking to fight– big difference between someone looking to tangle with a crag linnorm, and someone gunning for Fafnheir. I am acquainted with most of the major 3pp subsystems, though I haven't run much of them– I would be open to allowing some 3pp material, if folks are interested.

If you've read this far and you're still interested, feel free to either post in this thread or hit me up in my PMs. Questions welcome! I also am willing to chat on discord, and will share my discord handle over PM on request.

Lastly, one potential meta variant for this idea would be a roleplay within a roleplay, where perhaps a DM and a player have a one-shot encounter like this on an afternoon/evening when the rest of the group failed to show, with things both in character and out of character getting spicier than either of them expected, but perhaps not more than either dared to hope....

P.S. Oh, and hey, if someone out there would be interested in running a one-on-one with me as the player, would totally love that, too.