I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rinzler

Given my fondness for playing rapscallion gentlemen adventurers of the 18th century, I tried to come up with something suggestive of a villain from an Orczy novel. The Comte de Malachine really does sound like the kind of smirking periwigged bastard you'd find crossing swords with the Scarlet Pimpernel, so yep - that was the one for me.

Phoenixrisen

The story of mine isn't the most fun. Things weren't good growing up or most of my adult life for that matter. The symbolism of the phoenix was a pretty good illustration actually. Life kept trying to burn me to the ground over and over and over again, but I kept getting back up. Kept coming back brighter and more loving, I have looked death in the face no less than three times, but still my light shines, my spirit burns, and I never give up. Just seemed to fit.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Twisted Crow

Dallas is my first name. *shrug*

I am nobody special.

Malkavian

Because the voices bade me do it.

KittenLullaby

:D Kitties are awesome and cute and love, and my name has to do with sirens so I mashed it together! 

Delrowe

My username is one I've been using for awhile now. It comes from a video game that I am still fond of today called inFAMOUS: Second Son. The main character's name is Delsin Rowe. I like it because it's short, simple, and sounds cool in my own head!

The Mayfields

Well, I tend to only play DILFs, so I figured it’d be a cool name to have.
| O/O's | Currently Looking for New RP’s | R/T |

Trigon

Didn't know what I was thinking at the time :(

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Trevino on June 16, 2020, 07:22:04 PM
Didn't know what I was thinking at the time :(

Talk to one of the Oracles if you feel like making a change.  I believe you are still permitted one but the Oracles will have more information. :-)

Goldmoon

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 16, 2020, 08:32:10 PM
Talk to one of the Oracles if you feel like making a change.  I believe you are still permitted one but the Oracles will have more information. :-)

My name was so bad when I started. I had never been on a site like this and had no idea what I was doing Giggles So happy they allow you one change, I am so happy with my name now. Have posted before but it is from Dragonlance. Which is one of my first real loves in fantasy. Read them when I was like 11 or 12 I think. Read Tolkien first and then Dragonlance but it was my true first fantasy love. Which I know Tolkien is better but when I was a kid the D&D style of Dragonlance was just amazing, I have re-read them since and they are definitely not going to win any award but theirs just something about Weis and Hickmans writing that I love.

Mithlomwen

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when, when I first started writing/roleplaying, I started on one of the Yahoo (LOTR) sites.....so your username was your 'character'.  I went to one of the Elvish name generators, typed in my real name and Mithlomwen was what I got. 

Mithlomwen has been my online moniker for going on 20 years now. :-)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Goldmoon

Quote from: Mithlomwen on June 17, 2020, 12:30:01 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when, when I first started writing/roleplaying, I started on one of the Yahoo (LOTR) sites.....so your username was your 'character'.  I went to one of the Elvish name generators, typed in my real name and Mithlomwen was what I got. 

Mithlomwen has been my online moniker for going on 20 years now. :-)

Thats awesome because its a fantastic name

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Goldmoon on June 17, 2020, 12:34:41 PM
Thats awesome because its a fantastic name

Awww, thanks a bunch!  That made me smile.  :-)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Raynor

I chose mine because I am a nerd who wishes he had super powers.

Chasing Dreams

I chose this username because it reminds me to always go after my dreams and never give up on them.  :D
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Thrak

I'm terrible when it comes to generic user names that wouldn't be associated with my characters, but I kinda like what I came up with here on the spur of the moment. Short and simple and easy to pronounce (just like 'track'), but at the same time not too 'obvious' and looking somewhat 'different'. Also not taken. That was an important factor, too - so I didn't have to add '123' at the end. :)

On one hand, it refers to Thracia and on the other, I associate it with... the onomatopoeic sound of something hard hitting something hollow. Like... my head!

DancingWithFairies

I love Fae mythology and aesthetics. I like dancing. It sounds cute and sensual and without being overly cheesy (at least in my opinion).
"To live in this world you must be able to do three things:to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it;
and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go."
~Mary Oliver
In Blackwater Woods

My ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=322002.msg15473657#msg15473657

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Thrak on June 20, 2020, 06:19:49 AM
I'm terrible when it comes to generic user names that wouldn't be associated with my characters, but I kinda like what I came up with here on the spur of the moment. Short and simple and easy to pronounce (just like 'track'), but at the same time not too 'obvious' and looking somewhat 'different'. Also not taken. That was an important factor, too - so I didn't have to add '123' at the end. :)

On one hand, it refers to Thracia and on the other, I associate it with... the onomatopoeic sound of something hard hitting something hollow. Like... my head!

Or someone smacking two coconuts together! :D

Jester Dreamer Thief

It covers most of the characters I come up with. And... is the shortened version of an album by Edwin McCain.  ;)
'Come to think of it, you may want to have a damn good alibi, if this goes sideways.'

Esoterica

My fondness for the mysterious, hidden, and of course esoteric lead me to choosing this nickname.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

MrAlanNH

Mr, because to me being addressed as Mister So-and-so has a ring of formality and authority about it, which ties into a primary character type I enjoy (Dom/top male).

Alan, because it is one of my names.

NH, because it is the abbreviation of the state I live in.

Thus, MrAlanNH.

Elina

I met someone named Elina once and she was lovely.

Afsana

Because it means "story". And I love oriental settings. 1001 nights, Sheherazade, story tellers.. it just kind of fit for here.

Vlexia

When I was 16 I got super into the Pc game series Heroes of Might and Magic. There was a chaotic female hero that I always chose because I have always been attracted to the most theatrical.

Take a few letters out and you’ve got Vlexia 😁

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.