Bookmarks?

Started by Thesunmaid, October 28, 2023, 08:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasWarren

Following, I think. First, Vekseid please take care of yourself.

I was gone a year and came back to Everything is different! Oh My!

What are Alerts? LOL.

Thesunmaid

If you want to set it up you can tell the site to send you email and or desk top alerts for any new posts to your threads you post in.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

TexasWarren

Quote from: Thesunmaid on November 25, 2023, 08:27:34 PMIf you want to set it up you can tell the site to send you email and or desk top alerts for any new posts to your threads you post in.
Ok then. Thank you! I saw the alert for your post.

Amaris

I believe you can also turn them on in threads you haven't posted in and you can turn them off if you posted in a thread and don't want the alert.

Nowherewoman

Alerts are great for active threads with more than one person. They are NOT helpful for finding, say, a closed WB thread you want to go back to to edit, but cannot bookmark. Search is more functional now, so you can go looking for the thread title.

It would be very nice to have BMs back at some point, though.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Lyrical

I am desperate to get bookmarks back. I find the level of difficulty trying to manage group games and solos challenging without them.

Nessy

Just going to follow this topic so to remind myself bookmarks are expected to come back and I am not silly for not seeing them today. Thank you Veks!
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

victoria4

Likewise.  Alerts just don't achieve the same purpose.

Al Terego

Callie Del Noire

Thesunmaid

Not sure how many this would help but while we are waiting for the bookmarks to come back I have been keeping a list of all the threads I have not been able to book mark again in a folder on my browser labeled Elliquiy. I just started in a group game and while the GM has been wonderful enough to make sure any new threads are listed on the characters intro page I just find it easier to keep them for me personally in my links folder as well because then I can access them with out having to find the intro thread again.

As well as the notify button so I can make sure I don't miss a post. But just a temp work around maybe that could help someone.

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Callie Del Noire

While I appreciate the alerts system, any luck on updating bookmarks?

Carly

bookmarks = Yay !

I prefer using them over any other tool or feature here.

Sofia Grace

I'd love to have both bookmarks and alerts. The alerts are helpful for roleplays but bookmarks are helpful for having somewhere to save my partners O/O threads, etc. 
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

FyreFoxx

I haven't missed bookmarks too much since I started running Ssieth's TamperMonkey Script. The Quick Links options gave me plenty to work with for custom settings and groupings. Could be an option for those willing to run a script in their browser and play around with new settings.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Existno

Not sure how effective this workaround would help people, but I might as well share it.

On the top left of the screen when you click on drop down bar with your username, you'll see a bunch of things but take note of the bell icon at the bottom with the word 'Notifications', click on that. It'll redirect you to a page with how you'd like to get alerts, be it emails or just pop ups on site.

The important bit is the 'Watched Topics' button, just above the big 'Notification Preferences' container. Click on that and you'll see all the topics to be alerted on. It's no bookmarks but it gets the job done. You could bookmark that page afterwards and see things faster without doing all those steps every time.

victoria4

Thanks Existno, that does work pretty well for now.  And by bookmarking that page I can get to it with one click, not bad.

snuff doll

oh that's smart!  thank you!

EDIT: I think the link to that is pretty universal:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;sa=topics
play with me 

active rp:
[accountant] - [sister] - [student] - [aunt] - [teacher]
taking a break from writing, I hope it won't be long at all!  but just in case!
should still be able to reply to discord messages, if slowly

Sara Nilsson

Thats the best workaround so far really :)

kasper

When I try Existno's method, my most recently created 1x1 search thread doesn't appear in my 'watched threads' and I don't know how to make it 'watched' so I get notifications on it. The 'follow topics I create and reply to' is checked but it's not in the list of threads.

I do hope to see the bookmarks feature back. It was a heavily used feature for me.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Oniya

Veks' comment in this thread may be of assistance.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

kasper

Quote from: Oniya on February 04, 2024, 07:03:04 PMVeks' comment in this thread may be of assistance.
I'll try that and see if it works, thanks!

Edit: unfortunately this did not seem to work for me but thanks for trying to help anyway.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Vekseid

Quote from: kasper on February 05, 2024, 05:25:01 PMI'll try that and see if it works, thanks!

Edit: unfortunately this did not seem to work for me but thanks for trying to help anyway.
Does the topic say you are receiving alerts inside the topic itself?

TexasWarren

Are bookmarks coming back?

Also a icon for {spoiler} tags would be great.

River

I recently came back from a break and was very pleased to see the facelift - it's very sleek and loads way faster.

I hope the alerts work in the same way as bookmarks do. 
𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗌: Open to suggestions for future scenarios.
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌
𝖥𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗒: within 48-72 hours.